Author Topic: Duck Viper and Eagle Group Buy  (Read 995989 times)

Offline jameslr

Re: Duck Viper and Eagle Group Buy
« Reply #250 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 11:28:24 »
Just wondering, why are shipping costs different for some people who are in the US?

(ex. there's an order listed with $35.50 shipping and one 1 Viper, and most other orders with one keyboard is $55.00 shipping). I thought the entire US is one zone with shipping from Korea? :confused:

What I want to know is why shipping to Canada is $22 cheaper than shipping to USA. It's the same damned continent! Why are Canada and USA in the same zone (zone 3) for letters but not packages? I suspect Korea is just sticking it to 'Murica because reasons.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #251 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 11:42:05 »
Just wondering, why are shipping costs different for some people who are in the US?

(ex. there's an order listed with $35.50 shipping and one 1 Viper, and most other orders with one keyboard is $55.00 shipping). I thought the entire US is one zone with shipping from Korea? :confused:

What I want to know is why shipping to Canada is $22 cheaper than shipping to USA. It's the same damned continent! Why are Canada and USA in the same zone (zone 3) for letters but not packages? I suspect Korea is just sticking it to 'Murica because reasons.

I was wondering that too haha.  But to be fair...those canadian's will likely have to pay customs fees or something where as we don't.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #252 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 12:01:29 »

?

2KG item via EMS to USA vs Canada is a ₩7500 difference. ~$7.5
4KG item via EMS to USA vs Canada is a ₩10500 difference. ~$10.5

Besides, Canadians are always paying "Int'l" postage rates from USA. Give us a break.  :p

And as Xenderwind said, items entering USA under $200USD are exempt from taxes, whereas items entering Canada under $20CAD are exempt from taxes...
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline jameslr

« Reply #253 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 12:47:18 »
?

2KG item via EMS to USA vs Canada is a ₩7500 difference. ~$7.5
4KG item via EMS to USA vs Canada is a ₩10500 difference. ~$10.5

Besides, Canadians are always paying "Int'l" postage rates from USA. Give us a break.  :p

And as Xenderwind said, items entering USA under $200USD are exempt from taxes, whereas items entering Canada under $20CAD are exempt from taxes...

If you look at the spreadsheet it shows Canadians were charged $33 shipping for 1 keyboard kit (1.99kg) and Americans were charged $55 shipping for 1 keyboard kit (1.99kg). I think Elton may have misquoted shipping to Canadians. They were supposed to be charged ~$48 per the pricing sheet for Zone 3. Zone 2 shipping is ₩32300 for 2kg. A $7.50 difference seems more logical. Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I don't want Elton to have to pay the excess shipping out of his own pocket unless he's just acting as proxy and shipping them within the country himself.

Edit: Looks like Germany and Finland might have been misquoted as well.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 August 2014, 13:01:30 by jameslr »

Offline elton5354

« Reply #254 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 13:16:20 »
You are right James. Doh! I guess I read Zone 2 quote thinking it was zone 3.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #255 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 13:22:51 »
You are right James. Doh! I guess I read Zone 2 quote thinking it was zone 3.

Glad it was caught! All of Europe (barring UK) was misquoted as well. This includes Finland, Germany, Switzerland, and Netherlands.

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #256 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 13:29:58 »
Oh, didn't notice that. Ordered 2 vipers, and I was invoiced the right shipping amount. I think it only affected Canadians / part of EU that ordered 1 viper/eagle.

Offline koten

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 15:30:25 »
I haven't received your invoice yet. Was it too late by ordering on 9 Aug :(?
Check your order here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akw9rY8oi1o6dDdEWHFub0liRWZxemZIR0ZuNmFBLVE&single=true&gid=1&output=html

Your order will most likely be in the second batch.

Thanks, Rewind. Found my order and the status of "Invoiced/Paid" is blank. Does it mean I haven't been invoiced?
I'm just assuming, but I think that's correct.

OK then. Thanks for helping. :thumb:

I doubt invoices are automated so you have to wait for elton.  I think it looks like you could split your order (and pay shipping twice of course) and get an eagle from first batch (premade, need annodizing+plate+pcb made) and a viper from the second batch (I believe elton said ~2 months).  Otherwise you will probably be waiting for the 2nd batch before your order is shipped.

What you suggested is quite a wise option.

Offline bazh

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #258 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 22:40:58 »
Paid :p

//OT: anyone know how to change country address in Paypal? I want to edit my shipping address but they dont allow me to change the country :(
HHKB Pro2 white

Newbie again

Offline Zeal

• * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #259 on: Mon, 11 August 2014, 22:51:26 »
Paid :p

//OT: anyone know how to change country address in Paypal? I want to edit my shipping address but they dont allow me to change the country :(

I think you'll need to make a new account. :( Or you can try to contact PayPal by phone...Just be prepared to provide a bunch of documents.  :-\

Offline asassdsd

• Call me "Jelly"
« Reply #260 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 19:54:06 »
Paid. Excited! My first custom keyboard, lookin to do it myself with ZERO experience!
This isn't an alternative or troll account, I've been using this username for at least 10 years. Try typing it, is so fast and easy!

Recently acquired: Leopold fc660c with PBT   Currently: Bro-less    Clack-less    Mummy-less
I am currently at : Santa Cruz, CA

Offline Distilled

« Reply #261 on: Tue, 12 August 2014, 20:03:16 »
Paid. Thanks elton.

Offline ebacho

« Reply #262 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 00:50:35 »
Paid.

Offline Toxic-i-

« Reply #263 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 03:20:57 »
Can i put a Poker 2 in this case?

Offline feizor

« Reply #264 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 05:14:16 »

You can't buy the case separately, it comes in a set with PCB and stainless steel plate. But in answer to your question, you won't be able to put a poker 2 in the viper case as the bottom corners are solid. I'm not sure about the eagle though.

Offline jameslr

« Reply #265 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 08:42:49 »
Paid. Excited! My first custom keyboard, lookin to do it myself with ZERO experience!

I suggest you practice on something other than the PCB in the kit, but this will be my first custom board as well. Good luck :)

Offline adrl

« Reply #266 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 08:55:11 »
Just wondering, where can I get those caps on the pictures?

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #267 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 09:32:37 »
Which picture? There are a lot of different sets, but they mostly consist of cherry doubleshots from old cherry keyboards.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #268 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 09:59:57 »

Those are most likely GMK keycaps like those http://www.kbdmod.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=16&cate_no=12&display_group=1 which are basically the same as from old Cherry keyboards. There are replicas made by BSP and Imsto. If you keep your eyes open you may find someone who wants to sell a set of original Cherry doubleshots or Imsto sets on the classifieds.

Offline adrl

« Reply #269 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:04:49 »
Which picture? There are a lot of different sets, but they mostly consist of cherry doubleshots from old cherry keyboards.
Like this one: http://cfile24.uf.tistory.com/image/230ABB3752E50B933FB432
Those are most likely GMK keycaps like those http://www.kbdmod.co.kr/product/detail.html?product_no=16&cate_no=12&display_group=1 which are basically the same as from old Cherry keyboards. There are replicas made by BSP and Imsto. If you keep your eyes open you may find someone who wants to sell a set of original Cherry doubleshots or Imsto sets on the classifieds.

Thanks

Offline Toxic-i-

« Reply #270 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:19:05 »

You can't buy the case separately, it comes in a set with PCB and stainless steel plate. But in answer to your question, you won't be able to put a poker 2 in the viper case as the bottom corners are solid. I'm not sure about the eagle though.
That's not the problem. I buy the set and put in the case what I want. The question is, does it fit other pcb's like a poker 2.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #271 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:38:24 »

That's not the problem. I buy the set and put in the case what I want. The question is, does it fit other pcb's like a poker 2.

I couldn't find any images of the Eagle case without a PCB in it to see where the standoffs are located. So no way to know for sure, until someone has one in hand.

A better question would be: why would you want to? I realize that when you buy something, it's yours to do with as you please. But why would you want to put a stock keyboard like the Poker 2 in the Eagle case, when you could just have an Eagle??
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #272 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:42:52 »
I couldn't find any images of the Eagle case without a PCB in it to see where the standoffs are located. So no way to know for sure, until someone has one in hand.

A better question would be: why would you want to? I realize that when you buy something, it's yours to do with as you please. But why would you want to put a stock keyboard like the Poker 2 in the Eagle case, when you could just have an Eagle??
There are images available when elton showed that they were produced about to go to koreans round 1.  I got into a discussion with something similar with someone before.  At the very least the hole's in the pcb of the eagle did not match up with the holes on the pcb(or maybe it was the case) of sprit's stuff so I don't think it would work.  Check the last couple pages of the IC thread and you should find it (I'd do it but I gotta go to a dentist appointment in ~4mins).

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #273 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 10:52:05 »

There are images available when elton showed that they were produced about to go to koreans round 1.  I got into a discussion with something similar with someone before.  At the very least the hole's in the pcb of the eagle did not match up with the holes on the pcb(or maybe it was the case) of sprit's stuff so I don't think it would work.  Check the last couple pages of the IC thread and you should find it (I'd do it but I gotta go to a dentist appointment in ~4mins).

Yeah, based on the hole locations in the Eagle PCB, I would say not.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline geniekid

« Reply #274 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 11:14:12 »
But why would you want to put a stock keyboard like the Poker 2 in the Eagle case, when you could just have an Eagle??

If you wanted an Eagle but did not want the case with an 11 degree incline, compatibility with other 60% parts would make the case easier to sell.

In this particular case, another reason you might want the PCB only is for an Alps build.  You'd have to get your own plate cut and find appropriate Alps parts, but I think that stuff is more achievable than building your own PCB or hand-wiring a matrix into a Teensy.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 August 2014, 11:17:02 by geniekid »

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #275 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 12:43:46 »
Anyone in the bay area want to split shipping?

Offline lp0

« Reply #276 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 22:11:17 »
 Just put an order in for the Eagle (hopefully it's round 1 still). It'll be my first time putting one of these together - are the keycaps compatible with a Poker II?

Offline adrl

« Reply #277 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 22:12:01 »
Just put an order in for the Eagle (hopefully it's round 1 still). It'll be my first time putting one of these together - are the keycaps compatible with a Poker II?
Most likely round 2

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
« Reply #278 on: Wed, 13 August 2014, 23:00:25 »

Keycaps can basically be compatible with anything you want them to be. But yes, they are compatible with Poker 2 keycaps.

As far as the case goes though, no one on this thread knows I think.

Offline paobit

« Reply #279 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 12:11:30 »
I think I might just buy a duck viper.  It says deadline to pay is august 18 but can I still order one right now?

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #280 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 12:22:27 »
I think I might just buy a duck viper.  It says deadline to pay is august 18 but can I still order one right now?

You can order one, but you'd be in round 2 which should be in ~2 months.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline paobit

« Reply #281 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 12:29:54 »

well since these things are pretty rare might as well get one. I ordered a GON nerd 60 which I think is the eagle layout. If i order the viper layout will i be missing some functions such as backspace?

Offline paobit

« Reply #282 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 12:45:11 »
eehhh I'll learn on the way

Offline Rewind

• Street Fighter
  • Drive slow, homie
« Reply #283 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 13:14:50 »

well since these things are pretty rare might as well get one. I ordered a GON nerd 60 which I think is the eagle layout. If i order the viper layout will i be missing some functions such as backspace?
It's a programmable keyboard. You can map the key functions yourself.

Offline paobit

« Reply #284 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 13:19:55 »
LOL new to the whole programmable keyboards. Just curious though, I sent in my order...Do I have to wait for elton5354 to send me an invoice to pay through paypal? Or is there a site where I pay? Deadline is Aug 18 so I'd rather pay ASAP.

Offline cphead

« Reply #285 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 13:20:49 »
He'll send you invoice

Offline paobit

« Reply #286 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 13:22:24 »
Awesome!

Offline jameslr

« Reply #287 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 13:24:10 »
I believe the August 18 deadline is for Round 1 buyers only. Correct me if I'm wrong. There will probably be a separate, later deadline for Round 2.

Edit: Either way he'll take your money I'm sure :D

Offline paobit

« Reply #288 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 13:27:22 »
If the 2nd batch takes about to months to ship that means I'll have a GON and duck viper coming in the same month  :p

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #289 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 13:36:49 »
I believe the August 18 deadline is for Round 1 buyers only. Correct me if I'm wrong. There will probably be a separate, later deadline for Round 2.

Edit: Either way he'll take your money I'm sure :D

I believe he asked the round 2 people what they wanted but didn't get a response.  If you look at the spreadsheet I'm pretty sure round 2'ers are already getting invoiced.

Offline paobit

« Reply #290 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 13:40:53 »
 take my money  ;D

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #291 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 13:51:30 »
take my money  ;D
Going to have to wait for elton to get off work :p.

As for your question earlier about layout, this pic shows 2 layouts but you can mix and match between the two.

Offline paobit

« Reply #292 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 13:53:51 »
ahhhh at first I was like.."where's the backspace?" but thanks for clarifying

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #293 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 13:57:41 »
ahhhh at first I was like.."where's the backspace?" but thanks for clarifying
It's based off the HHKB layout where most people use the dip switches to make the "\" key a backspace. 

After using the hhkb layout I rebind my "\" to backspace and my capslock to control on all my computers using AHK.  Basically I have two backspaces now(and thats how I plan to build my viper). But I'm actually not too sure which one I normally hit now that I think about it...

Offline paobit

« Reply #294 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 14:06:50 »
yeah...I need to read up on this layout more lol

Offline osi

« Reply #295 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 14:12:17 »
I recieved my round 2 invoice a few days ago. I can't imagine it would have the same deadline as round 1! :x

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #296 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 15:35:18 »
Excuse my impatience, but are there already estimations on when round 1 is going to ship?

Offline jameslr

« Reply #297 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 15:42:24 »
Excuse my impatience, but are there already estimations on when round 1 is going to ship?

I would expect at least 4-6 weeks from elton's published invoice date. Just a guess, but these aren't all ready to ship. They still need to have the plates and cases made / anodized.

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #298 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 16:14:30 »

I would expect at least 4-6 weeks from elton's published invoice date. Just a guess, but these aren't all ready to ship. They still need to have the plates and cases made / anodized.

I have no idea how long that takes, but I guessed shipping will start mid or end september. And  since you expected a similar time I would say it sounds about right.

Offline Vintage

« Reply #299 on: Thu, 14 August 2014, 16:37:34 »
I thought the round 1 cases were already produced but not anodized?
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900