Author Topic: Hello from Denmark  (Read 1128 times)

Offline pslind69

Hello from Denmark
« on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 13:34:37 »
Hello guys'n gals!

Just wanted to say hello. I have been lurking a little bit but decided to finally make an account.

For a couple of years I've had the DAS Keyboard professional 4 with MX browns, but it was starting to annoy me that I was mistyping on it a lot - so I started looking into which keyboards would be better to type on.

This lead me down the rabbit-hole of googling keyboards for the past month.

This lead me to order several keyboards, one at a time, trying then out, and then returning them (because each time I got a new one, I always imagined that it would be THE keyboard).

Which they never were, sadly.

After googling for two weeks or more, I started by ordering the Corsair K70 mk.2 rapidfire low profile with MX speeds. I had the idea that I needed low profile keys to type better, which I later found out wasn't true. I didn't really like it. I liked the feel and sound of my DAS more, but I kept using it for a few days, and I kind of started to like it a bit, yet I wasn't satisfied. I wanted the MX browns back! 😭 So I gave it to my nephew who was looking for a gaming keyboard.

Then I got the Ducky One Two 100% in white. I could tell that it was of even higher quality than my DAS. I didn't like how the backligjt came through the keycaps very fuzzily on some keys, and I couldn't get used to the profile. I actually thought I had ordered a low profile keyboard (lol), so the oem or whatever profile they use was setting me back to square one, I felt. I also didn't like the front of the case of the keyboard. So I returned it. Got a refund and...

... got the Varmilo VA88M Charcoal edition with MX browns. I failed to see the point of the leds which didn't even light up the keys in a dark room, so Used it for about a week with leds off. It was the most amazing typing experience to type on this board. I really liked the feel of the Keys, and the hollow sound they made, but the fact that it is TKL finally got to me. I work as tech support and have to type in TeamViewer id's all day long. So on the days when I worked from home it was too annoying. I kept reaching for the numpad. So had to send it back. Got a refund. Unfortunately all the 100% Varmilo's were out of stock from the Danish shops, else I would have tried one of them, although I had been googling them heavily and come across the fact that all the 100% ones that I found interesting, were encased in ugly plastic fake wood. I got so annoyed by this and couldn't understand why the didn't make them in the same style as the TKL versions with their kind of floating Keys, and non-ugly casing. I mean, a 100% like that, would be awesome. So I contacted them, and got a reply from a lady who said that they didn't use fake wood (lol), and that they had no plans to make a 100% version in the same style. Well, that sucks. I then found their keyboard configurator on their website where it says that it would soon be possible to customize the casing. So I'll be checking that from time to time. Then I got a refund, and noticed that...

... A shop here in Denmark, had the Roccat Vulcan 100 on sale for 800 DKK. That seemed like a steal, considering that the 120 sells for 1200 DKK, and the only difference is the palm rest. I mean, a palm rest can't cost 1/3 of the price. WTF. So I ordered it. I had previously tried typing on it in a shop. This was before I had tried the Varmilo, so I actually found it quite nice to type on. So I ordered it, but didn't really like it, because it was too clacky and the caps felt like the cheapest plastic to touch. So sent it back.

I honestly think I forgot a keyboard in the midst of all of this ordering, and sending back, but I found a reddit post on how where to get more exotic keyboards in Scandinavia, and ordered the Leopold FC980M in black, with white font. It is nice to type on, but I would have to say that I liked the Varmilo typing experience a little better because of the hollower sound. I'm trying to get used to the layout. I find that the home/end are a problem for me because they require two key presses.

My dream keyboard would probably be a 100% size with some kind of tactile, but silent, switch, in the classic white/Grey combination, but the ones Varmilo make are all with the FAKE WOOD. AAARGH! Any other recommendations?

Ohh, and I have no CLUE about why people always talk about swapping the caps-lock and ctrl keys 😂

Cheers,
Peter
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 March 2020, 13:45:26 by pslind69 »