Author Topic: suggest a Linux DE or WM  (Read 6435 times)

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
Re: suggest a Linux DE or WM
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 17:13:37 »
don't start the distro war. there's a linux for everyone. that's the good about it.

of the nanny distro, Fedora is the one I like the most, but I use debian on server and arch on desktop. Wife likes Mint. Like I said, it's all about options. Otherwise you'd be using a Mac.

Offline Smasher816

• HHKB Master
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 19:39:32 »
if you have arch why would you want to change distro? :D

Amen brotha

Offline SL89

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 07 September 2014, 19:43:17 »
i want to try out Ratpoison, but i was reading it didn't jive too well with #!

does anyone have experience with it on anything else?

Only use rat poison if you have extremely lightweight hardware. It's godawful ugly :d

I specifically like it for the ugliness lol. As well as the appeal of no mouse, i have this keyboard i might as well get some miles out of it lol.

Right now i have my Win7 machine with the 'Classic' theme... all that grey... and the blue gradients!

Offline vimx

• ENHANCE
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 08 September 2014, 07:33:42 »
OH NO.  It looks like the Boxee remote has been discontinued and is unavailable.  I don't know what I'd replace it with.  I guess any really small wireless keyboard with a d-pad that requires no drivers, but that's a tall order.  The nice thing about this one was that one side is a super simple interface anyone can figure out in a few seconds, but you still had a mini keyboard hiding on the back side.