Author Topic: Pls help me out  (Read 2935 times)

Offline mbchar3lwood

Pls help me out
« on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 01:49:25 »
I have a black tofu case and a couple black cherry profile artisans on the way.

I was originally gonna go with a set of blank black cherry profile keycaps, but looking at everyones colorful keebs is giving me my doubts...

I know it's all personal preference but I'm not very good with picking colors so I was wondering if anyone could help me to pick something that'll work with the black?

If possible I'd like the set to be pbt and it needs to be cherry profile for my artisans...

Thanks! ;D

Offline yui

Re: Pls help me out
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 02:14:56 »
the thing with black is that pretty much any color will look good with it, you can't really go wrong with it. If you have artisans on the way you may want to look at their color accents and "copy" them for your keyboard, if they do not have accents then we do not know what colors you like.
And really a keyboard is personal so if you do not want color, don't feel pressured into getting more colors than you really want, plenty of monochrome boards out here.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline audiosl4ve

• Just slave
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 02:15:30 »
just pick these babies: https://kbdfans.com/products/black-dye-subbed-keycap-set?_pos=23&_sid=bde3e96bd&_ss=r

black with touch of colors with yellow accents. I love the all black look and with accent keys it looks amazing  :thumb:

Offline mbchar3lwood

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 02:57:41 »
just pick these babies: https://kbdfans.com/products/black-dye-subbed-keycap-set?_pos=23&_sid=bde3e96bd&_ss=r

black with touch of colors with yellow accents. I love the all black look and with accent keys it looks amazing  :thumb:

Yeah, I like the all black look too, but I think I wanna explore some more colorful options too incase I like them more...

the thing with black is that pretty much any color will look good with it, you can't really go wrong with it. If you have artisans on the way you may want to look at their color accents and "copy" them for your keyboard, if they do not have accents then we do not know what colors you like.
And really a keyboard is personal so if you do not want color, don't feel pressured into getting more colors than you really want, plenty of monochrome boards out here.

My artisans don't have any accents haha. I don't think I'm being pressured into getting something more colorful, I quite like how colorful keyboards look.

As for colors I like, I know this isn't helpful but honestly I don't really have a preference... I like most colors aside from maybe brown and light pink.

If this helps narrow it down, I don't want it to be too contrasty if that makes sense... I don't want the step between the color and the black to be too harsh, I want the board to be easy on the eyes.

Offline yui

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 03:59:42 »
An other thing is if your pcb has lock light you may want to follow that color (or change it, i have now a model M with pink LED and a Dell with reds, if it is through holes not that hard, if it is smd a bit harder but still feasable).
Other than that i would probably go with a cool color, maybe a deep or electric blue or a purple or maybe even a grass/jade/english green, for accent over a black vivid colors are usually what i like so i may not be the best person to help you with finding more subtle colors.
The problem might be finding them, i have no idea on where to find colored cherry pbt caps i tried tinting mine but right now i am struggling with blacks looking brown and i still need to try adding legends to get light on black for a M.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)