geekhack Community > Off Topic

Keyboard for $70 US w/o shipping

(1/3) > >>

Haruko:
So I live in Australia, and 70 USD roughly exchanges to 104 Australian Dollars, I'm looking for peoples opinions as to what are my best options in this price range.

I looked at postage prices, and I figured that normal postage from American to Australia on a IBM Model M is about 41 USD *ouch*

But I'm very willing to pay that if I have to. I really have my eyes on a White Label Model M right now, but would like to see peoples opinions.

70 USD on the keyboard is the max I will spend though!

All help is much appreciated :)

I'm not sure if this is the right area to post this sort of question, but could the moderators move it if it is the wrong area please :)

wumpyr:
Postage for classic Model Ms from US to Australia varies a little.  I've had one sent for $45 USD but the guy went to the post office it seemed.  If they do automated postage from USPS, it tends to be $55-60 USD (it appeared to go up recently from $50 USD).

This seller seems to have a large bunch of Model M's including white label for sale.  Surely you can pick up one of these for a reasonable price.

btw, USPS (all package postage classes) to Oz are pretty reliable and I've never had any boxes show up looking like they were dropped from 10,000 feet from the plane on the route over the airport... my experience anyway. (touch wood)!

Haruko:

--- Quote from: wumpyr;21290 ---Postage for classic Model Ms from US to Australia varies a little.  I've had one sent for $45 USD but the guy went to the post office it seemed.  If they do automated postage from USPS, it tends to be $55-60 USD (it appeared to go up recently from $50 USD).

This seller seems to have a large bunch of Model M's including white label for sale.  Surely you can pick up one of these for a reasonable price.

btw, USPS (all package postage classes) to Oz are pretty reliable and I've never had any boxes show up looking like they were dropped from 10,000 feet from the plane on the route over the airport... my experience anyway. (touch wood)!
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the reply wumpyr, I'l definitely have a look at what that store has in.

Great to see you're a keyboard fanatic from Down Under too :D I thought I was a bit alone here, haha.

Edit: Just had a look and this store definitely has some good ones at a reasonable price, I'm now very glad I didn't think about getting one from Clickykeyboards.com, but clickykeyboards do have a lot of useful information though.

cb951303:
I've just discovered that seller too. ~30$ for mint condition 1391401 model Ms. very tempting.

sandy55:
Does anybody have ever tried this M2 variant.
Seems identical with   42H0468 except p/n.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version