Author Topic: Please ignore this post!  (Read 2178 times)

Offline erricrice

Please ignore this post!
« on: Sat, 22 August 2009, 00:37:32 »
Please ignore this post :) Sorry for wasting your time lol

I need to learn to search the forums before I post!

Does the Siig Minitouch Plus have the same white alps copies that the regular minitouch has?

http://siig.com/ViewProduct.aspx?pn=JK-AB0211
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 August 2009, 00:43:55 by erricrice »
I\'m selling all my Shizz! Please buy it!

White ALPS: Northgate Omnikey 101-NCS(Real-Complicated)****Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB(Fukka Simplifieds)****Siig MiniTouch(XM Simplifieds)
Black ALPS: Black Dell AT-101W(Real-Complicated)****ABS M1(Modded Black ALPS, Linear)
Buckling Spring: Model M 1391401(1988 & 1993)
Cherry Blues: DAS III Pro
Cherry Blacks: Cherry G80-11900
Cherry Browns: 3X Cherry G80-8113LRCUS-2
Cherry MY: G81-7000HPBUS-2****G81-3000LANUS-0****Modded to 20g
Rubber Dome: HHKB Lite 2 (White & Black)

Logitech G5[/FONT]
Erricrice\'s Song of the Day: Gorillaz - El Maņana
Yup, Blatantly stealing this from you Kishy, hope you don\'t mind, it\'s a great idea.

Offline rdjack21

Siig Minitouch Plus?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 22 August 2009, 01:23:31 »
Ok I see you found your answer but I can't help plug the older very new one in the market place if you want one that is.
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE
Buckling Spring: IBM Model M Space Saver (1291472), Unicomp Customizer x 2
Cherry Brown: Filco FKBN87M/EB, Compaq MX11800
Black Alps: ABS M1
Not so great boards Rare Spring over dome OKI, Sun rack keyboard

Trackballs - Trackman Wheel (3), Trackman marble (2)
Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline erricrice

Siig Minitouch Plus?
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 22 August 2009, 09:25:48 »
Haha yeah that's what got me looking in the first place.  I would totally be up for it if I had some money.  If you still have it in about a month I will probably end up getting it.  I'm really liking the heavier switches more than the light ones(BS vs. cherry blue) and alps whites are typically the heavier of the switches, second to BS of course

White ALPS: Northgate Omnikey 101-NCS(Real-Complicated)****Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB(Fukka Simplifieds)****Siig MiniTouch(XM Simplifieds)
Black ALPS: Black Dell AT-101W(Real-Complicated)****ABS M1(Modded Black ALPS, Linear)

Logitech G5[/FONT]
Yup, Blatantly stealing this from you Kishy, hope you don\'t mind, it\'s a great idea.

Offline rdjack21

Siig Minitouch Plus?
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 22 August 2009, 10:07:52 »
Yea when I took that board out of the box to take those pictures I took another typing test on it to see if I really wanted to sell it. And I have to admit it is a very nice board and I'm very tempted to keep it. But I tend to prefer the lighter boards myself which is really the only reason I listed it.
Keyboards
Topre Capacitive: Realforce 87U, Realforce 86U, HHKB Pro 2, Topre MD01B0, Topre HE0100, Sun Short Type, OEM NEO CS (x2), NISSHO Electronics KB106DE

Keyboards I still want to get - Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2 the White version, Realforce 23U number pad in black and maybe white, μTRON ergo board with Topre switches.
Previously owned - [size=0]SiiG MiniTouch (White Alps), Scorpius M10 (Blue Cherry), IBM Model M13[/size]

Offline erricrice

Siig Minitouch Plus?
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 22 August 2009, 12:10:34 »
How are the white alps?  I've never used them, but I don't really like the black alps because of the 'rough' feel that they have to them.  They are very coarse when I push down on them.  I like BS much better because of the smooth feel, even if they are hard to push down.  Are the white alps smooth like the BS?  Or are they coarse like the black alps as in the ABS M1?
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 August 2009, 14:02:28 by erricrice »

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline keyb_gr

• Cherrified user
    • My keyboard page (German)
Siig Minitouch Plus?
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 22 August 2009, 13:56:15 »
Sounds like you're more of a Cherry guy. If we are to trust our itlnstln (older discussion), ALPS switches are a little rougher in general (what you call "coarse" *), even the good ones. People do, however, tend to like complex white ALPS even if they're less fond of the other versions. MX blacks have got to be the exact opposite (esp. of the simplified types or blacks), they're very smooth linear switches.

*) Which, incidentally, has precious little to do with any courses.
Hardware in signatures clutters Google search results. There should be a field in the profile for that (again).

This message was probably typed on a vintage G80-3000 with blues. Double-shots, baby. :D

Offline erricrice

Siig Minitouch Plus?
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 22 August 2009, 14:09:05 »
Lollllll I am so embarrassed!!!!!!!!!  I never make those types of mistakes!!!  hahahahah anyway, yeah, I thought with the alps being an older type of switch that it would be a little less refined(cherry hasn't been around as long right?) and alps has been around for long enough that it doesn't exist any more haha or at least they don't make key switches any more.  

I think I might try the whites anyway, also cause I love the layout of that little thing, but I definitely want to get a cherry black keyboard, probably end up getting the filco sometime!

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline rdjack21

Siig Minitouch Plus?
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 22 August 2009, 22:01:42 »
Watch out you are starting to sound like someone that has taken the Red Pill. Once you take that pill you will not be satisfied until you try them all.
Keyboards

Offline erricrice

Siig Minitouch Plus?
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 23 August 2009, 12:14:37 »
Ahh, I was hooked once I got the ABS M1, didn't like the keyboard so much, but it gave me the bug!  You have another among your ranks fellows!  I think it's too late to go back now, but at least it's not THAT expensive of a hobby(as compared to say cars or something like that) and is easily remedied by buying more keyboards haha!

Logitech G5[/FONT]

Offline iggysaps

Siig Minitouch Plus?
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 24 August 2009, 01:26:55 »
Maybe they should add something "geekhack, wanna switch? Take the red pill!" or something along those lines.  I know I've taken the pill, cost me a lot so far, but not enough for me to buy a topre or a HHKB Pro, not yet anyway...
Cherry G84-4100 cherry ML switches
Cherry G80-3000 blue cherries
Dell AT101W (2)
Solidtek ASK-6600
Unicomp Spacesaver buckling spring
Key tronic designer P2

Offline itlnstln

Siig Minitouch Plus?
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 24 August 2009, 08:28:11 »
All of the NIB keyboards I have had with Alps have been pretty nice (Northgate and Dells).  As far as feel between white and black versions, I can't really tell much difference other than one clicks and the other doesn't.  Now that I go back and check, the switches in the ABS feel more clunky than those in the Dell and Northgate.  The older (real) Alps feel much smoother, IMO, than the switches in the ABS.  From opinion on the forums, the XM switches in the Filco Zeros weren't too impressive, either.  The new Filco Zero with the Fukka switches supposedly feel better (they are made in the old Alps factory, and I assume they use the same tooling and machinery Alps used to make its switches).

In any case, when I use a Alps 'board next to a Cherry 'board (keep in mind, I use browns), the feeling is night and day.  To me, the Cherrys are much smoother and "butterier" than the Alps.