Author Topic: [GB] MW Hayastan ♱  (Read 70880 times)

Offline savageastr0naut

[GB] MW Hayastan ♱
« on: Sat, 18 March 2023, 16:30:46 »
MW HAYASTAN

♱ GB DATE: March 20, 2023 - April 24, 2023 ♱

A keycap set themed around one of the oldest countries & civilizations in history, the first Christian nation in the world - Armenia.

More
Armenia, the first country to accept Christianity as its state religion, in 301 AD. For the sake of Christianity, the Armenian people disposed of their previous belief/religion - Zoroastrianism. Thousands of years of records, culture, and history were burned and destroyed in the name of Christianity. Gregory the Illuminator converted the Armenian king, Tirdates the Great, to Christianity and spread the gospel message to Armenians. Nonetheless, the adoption of Christianity was a momentous chapter in Armenian history. In the 5th century AD, Mesrop Mashtots - a scholar and clergyman, reintroduced the Armenian alphabet that had been lost with the primary purpose of allowing the common people to read the Bible and other Christian text in their spoken language. Thereafter, the Armenian church gained influence over the culture, literature, and education of Armenia - with support of the state. The Armenian people embraced their conversion to Christianity and it became deeply rooted within themselves and Armenia. Unfortunately, this new religion put a target on the backs of Armenians.

In 1915, under the cover of WWI, the Ottoman Turks began to eradicate the Christian Armenian population that had coexisted with them for years - these heinous crimes later became known as the Armenian Genocide, the first genocide of the modern era. In the end, approximately 1.5 million Armenians were killed. In the years to follow, Armenia was subject to become a satellite state of the Soviet Union. However, Armenia decided to secede from the Soviet Union and declared its independence on September 23rd, 1991. To this day, Armenia fights for its right to live as a Christian nation in what is left of its historic lands. Land-locked between enemy countries who threaten the first Christian nation in the world, Armenia finds itself in a constant battle to protect the Armenian culture, history, and the Christian religion. Nonetheless, the Armenian people are proud of their culture and religion. Modern-day Yerevan, the capitol of Armenia, is a tech hub that is exponentially growing. Moreover, tourism has brought a myriad of people to Armenia, as well as corporations and companies. Throughout the years, one thing remains certain - the rich culture and history of Armenia will always be proudly defended by the Armenian people.

render by | Beesley/B-imaginative (Beesley#0001)

KIT RENDERS
renders by | Mars Universe (Jr.Mars#8685)

Hayk Nahabed | Հայկ Նահապետ – Latin Base Kit

More
In the Armenian Highlands, as early as the Stone Age, there were several tribes that inhabited the region - the direct ancestors of the Armenian people. The most prominent of these tribes were the Hayasa. These tribes of peoples lived thousands of years before they were united by prominent Armenian national hero of legend - Hayk Nahabed. The legend dates to the prehistoric epoch, when the first Armenians inhabited the land of Urartu - Mt. Ararat in modern terms, where it is said Noah's Ark landed after the great flood. Our hero Hayk, disgusted with the actions of the oppressive Bel of Babylon, gathered his people and ventured North. Bel, with his large army, pursued. It is said that Hayk engaged Bel in battle and killed him with an arrow - thus freeing the land and his people, thereafter to be known as the "Hay" people - in his honor.

Mesrop Mashtots | Մեսրոպ Մաշտոց – Armenian Base Kit

More
Mesrop Mashtots, the one who reintroduced the Armenian alphabet to the Armenian people after their conversion to Christianity - permitting ordinary people to read the Bible for the first time. His holy actions helped to further spread and entrench Christianity in Armenia. For his achievements, Mesrop Mashtots was made a saint of the Armenian Church.

Sayat-Nova | Սայաթ-Նովա – Novelty Kit

More
Sayat-Nova, born Harutyun Sayatyan, was a Georgia-born Armenian poet, musician, and bard. He made a considerable contribution to the Armenian poetry and music of his century. Little did he know that his legacy would sing to the melody of Armenian history throughout the years to come.

Tiridates the Great | Տրդատ Մեծ – Numpad Kit

More
In 301 BC, the ruling king of the Arascid Dynasty - Tirdates the Great, thanks to the efforts of Saint Gregory the Illuminator, declared Armenia as the first Christian nation in the world.

Artaxias I | Արտաշես – 40s Kit

More
Artaxias initially served the Selucid king - Antiochus III, who had put him in charge of northeastern Armenia. However, the Romans defeated Antiochus in the Syrian War (192-188 AD) and thereafter Artaxias proclaimed independence and ruled the kingdom of Armenia throughout the Artaxiad dynasty as king.

Charles Aznavour | Շահնուր Վաղինակ Ազնավուրեան – Command Kit

More
(The late Charles Aznavour left behind a) great legacy as a member of the global Armenian Diaspora and his influential impact on the 1915 Armenian Genocide. While his mournful songs of estrangement and suffering, and the existential search for love and happiness, resonated with millions of adoring fans, it was his tribute to his ‘fallen’ ancestors that will remain indelible.
- Alan Whitehorn

Raymond Vahan Damadian | Ռայմոնդ Վահան Տամատեան – Spacebar Kit

More
In 1969, Raymond Vahan Damadian proposed the first magnetic resonance body scanner, better known as the MRI machine. Magnetic resonance had been used to study chemicals, but Damadian thought that it could be used to distinguish tumors from normal body tissue. Several years later, he built the first MRI machine. Thereafter, in 1978, the MRI machine produced the first images/scans of cancer patients. Damadian's efforts paved the way for huge advancement in modern medicine.

Vartan Mamikonian | Վարդան Մամիկոնեան – International Kit

More
Vartan Mamikonian is regarded as the most prominent Armenian military leader in history. To the Armenian nation, he is a most beloved figure, regarded as sacred, and the ideal hero who typifies the national spirit of Armenia. Moreover, his actions on the battlefield in the Battle of Avarayr in 451 AD guaranteed religious freedom for Christian Armenians. Although he died in battle, he was named a saint of the church and a martyr for the Armenian nation and Christian religion.

BOARD RENDERS
renders by | Mars Universe (Jr.Mars#8685)

Atlas65 | Pearl Boards

ZEUS TKL | Pearl Boards

DESKMATS
designed by | Helen Pan

Երևան – Yerevan Deskmat

More
Yerevan, the capitol of modern day Armenia. The history of Yerevan dates back to the 8th century BC, approximately the year 782 BC, when the fortress of Erebuni, from which the modern name Yerevan is derived, was constructed by King Argishti I of Urartu in the Armenian Highlands. This dates the city of Yerevan to be 29 years older than the city of Rome. In more modern times, the city of Yerevan became the capital of the First Republic of Armenia in 1918. After the first World War, thousands of survivors of the Armenian Genocide that had fled the Ottoman Empire and surrounding areas settled in the city of Yerevan. It has been the capitol of Armenia since then and it serves as the seat of the Araratian Pontifical Diocese, the largest diocese of the Armenian Apostolic Church and one of the oldest dioceses in the world.

գորգ – Armenian Rug Deskmat

More
Although the age-old tradition of Armenian carpet making dates back several thousand years, most Armenian carpets/rugs were utilized to adorn the floors and walls of Armenian churches after the conversion to Christianity. Greek, Iranian, Arabic, Bulgarian, and other sources comment with respect on the superior quality of Armenian carpets since pre-Christian times. However, the association of Armenians with the weaving of great carpets declined when the last Armenian kingdom of Cilicia fell to the Egyptian Mamluks in the 13th century. After the fall of the great kingdom of Cilicia, Armenians fled their homeland and settled in the lands of Iran, Crimea, Transylvania, Poland, etc. Not coincidentally, it was during this time that highly developed carpet weaving began in these, and other countries, as the Armenians carried their craft with them, and transferred it to the local populations of their host countries. During Soviet control, the ancient craft of Armenian carpet making suffered. After Armenia reclaimed its independence from the Soviet Union in 1991, a movement to revive the tradition of carpet making began. Although carpet making isn't as prominent in modern Armenia as it has historically been, it remains an integral part of the Armenian culture and history.

HIBI

COLORS
♱ Pantone 690 C | #612141
♱ Pantone 7708 C | #005670
♱ RAL 9001 | #e9e0d2

VENDORS

֍ NA - Mechs & Co.
֍ CA - AshKeebs
֍ UK - proto[Typist]
֍ EU - MYKEYBOARD
֍ Asia - zFrontier
֍ JP - Basekeys
֍ OCE - DailyClack

MW HAYASTAN SIGNATURE BANNER
Show your support for MW Hayastan with this banner for your signature!
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=117631.0][img width=359 height=120]http://i.imgur.com/9zwI6CT.png][/img][/url]

DISCORD
CLICK HERE to join astr0world

THANK YOU
I would like to thank the following people for the support, help, and kindness they have shown me throughout this project: my dear mother & father; my amazing sister; my family; my friends; Jr.Mars from Mars Universe; Helen Pan; my supporters; my motherland - Armenia; my fellow Armenians, and most importantly God - thank you.

UPDATES
♱ GB dates announced | 03/20/2023 - 04/24/2023
♱ GB is OPEN | 03/20/2023
♱ GB is CLOSED | 04/24/2023
♱ Keycap set in production queue
♱ Color samples approved
♱ Keycaps being manufactured
♱ Banderole design submitted to manufacturer | 06/08/2023
♱ Manufacturing is done and keycaps are in transit to vendors | 10/09/2023
♱ Arrived at vendor WHs
♱ Now shipping to customers

« Last Edit: Sun, 17 December 2023, 15:44:23 by savageastr0naut »

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
Re: [GB] MW Hayastan - LIVE NOW until April 24th!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 20 March 2023, 19:50:47 »
Approval Bump! GLWB, nice set!
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 20 March 2023, 20:01:43 »
That rug deskmat goes hard.
I think the kits look good.
I like the use of icon only with Armenian base but I wonder what is gained by having text+icon in the other Base kit.

Offline Kwub

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 20 March 2023, 20:08:49 »
Love the colors! Any chance of 6u spacebar in the spacebar kit?

Offline metalchipmaker

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 20 March 2023, 20:36:01 »
Classy color choices

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 20 March 2023, 21:38:52 »
Approval Bump! GLWB, nice set!
You're awesome, thank you! ;D

That rug deskmat goes hard.
I think the kits look good.
I like the use of icon only with Armenian base but I wonder what is gained by having text+icon in the other Base kit.
The rug deskmat is my favorite! Thank you, I appreciate it.

Initially, the base kit had full icon mods and the Armenian kit was simply an alphas add-on kit. However, there was a surprising amount of people who wanted text modifiers with the Latin Base Kit. Normally, I don't make changes unless an overwhelming amount of people say the same thing. Nonetheless, I felt that the text modifiers looked out of place with the Armenian characters, so I separated it into 2 separate base kits with the Latin Base Kit having the text modifiers and the Armenian Base Kit having the icon mods. #forthepeople

Love the colors! Any chance of 6u spacebar in the spacebar kit?
I'll speak with the manufacturer, Milkyway Keycaps, and see if we can add it to the kitting. I don't usually offer 6u spacebars in my sets, but with Milkyway's unique MOQ system, it may be possible, even at this stage.

Classy color choices
Thank you, I think so too! ;)

Offline Faraday

• a toofpick changes everythang
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 21 March 2023, 00:30:13 »
Glad this is finally live! Now the waiting game starts all over again, looking forward to having it in hand  :thumb:

Offline Morbii

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 21 March 2023, 13:13:24 »
Love this.

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 22 March 2023, 14:09:15 »
Glad this is finally live! Now the waiting game starts all over again, looking forward to having it in hand  :thumb:

Love this.

I'm glad you like the set, thanks for the support. ;D

Offline dvllpxe

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 11:54:26 »
dope set. was wondering if you have a discord? also, will there be resin artisan collabs for this set? thank you!

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 20:15:23 »
dope set. was wondering if you have a discord? also, will there be resin artisan collabs for this set? thank you!
Yes, I just finished building my Discord today. Here is the invite link: https://discord.gg/cFYvVJfzNW
Currently, there is an artisan collaboration for this set with Latrialum. However, I'm working on securing more collaborations.

I appreciate it, thank you!

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 25 March 2023, 18:30:52 »
BUMP, consider purchasing MW Hayastan!

Offline Morbii

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 25 March 2023, 18:36:57 »
I think most purchases happen near the end, right?

Anyway, I'll be ordering mine in a week or three.

In for:
- Armenian base
- Novelties
- Numpad
- 40s
- Spacebars
- Rug deskmat
- 1U HIBI

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 26 March 2023, 20:53:38 »
I think most purchases happen near the end, right?

Anyway, I'll be ordering mine in a week or three.

In for:
- Armenian base
- Novelties
- Numpad
- 40s
- Spacebars
- Rug deskmat
- 1U HIBI
You're right, most of the purchases usually happen towards the end of the last week of Group Buy. Nonetheless, I appreciate the support. ;D

Offline Vintage

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 01 April 2023, 15:57:15 »
Nice colors! Is it possible to get a render on a white or grey board?
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 19 April 2023, 15:29:03 »
Nice colors! Is it possible to get a render on a white or grey board?

I'm sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to provide a render with a white/grey board.

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 19 April 2023, 15:42:47 »
Hello everyone,

MW Hayastan GB closes on April 24th, 2023. I purposely chose that date because of its significance in Armenian history. April 24th, 1915 is recognized as the start of the Armenian Genocide. Whereas I'm Armenian and also a history nerd of sorts, I'd like to take the next few days to share with you all the significance of the naming behind each product in this set. I chose specific names of prominent Armenians throughout history and I'd like to share that information with you all.

First, we have the Hayk Nahabed | Հայկ Նահապետ – Latin Base Kit.

In the Armenian Highlands, as early as the Stone Age, there were several tribes that inhabited the region - the direct ancestors of the Armenian people. The most prominent of these tribes were the Hayasa. These tribes of peoples lived thousands of years before they were united by prominent Armenian national hero of legend - Hayk Nahabed. The legend dates to the prehistoric epoch, when the first Armenians inhabited the land of Urartu - Mt. Ararat in modern terms, where it is said Noah's Ark landed after the great flood. Our hero Hayk, disgusted with the actions of the oppressive Bel of Babylon, gathered his people and ventured North. Bel, with his large army, pursued. It is said that Hayk engaged Bel in battle and killed him with an arrow - thus freeing the land and his people, thereafter to be known as the "Hay" people - in his honor.

Consider supporting MW Hayastan via your local vendor, click below:

֍ NA - Mechs & Co.
֍ CA - AshKeebs
֍ UK - proto[Typist]
֍ EU - MYKEYBOARD
֍ Asia - zFrontier
֍ JP - Basekeys
֍ OCE - DailyClack

շնորհակալություն (Thank you)
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 April 2023, 14:22:09 by savageastr0naut »

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 20 April 2023, 14:14:26 »
Next we have the Mesrop Mashtots | Մեսրոպ Մաշտոց – Armenian Base Kit.

Mesrop Mashtots, the one who reintroduced the Armenian alphabet to the Armenian people after their conversion to Christianity - permitting ordinary people to read the Bible for the first time. His holy actions helped to further spread and entrench Christianity in Armenia. For his achievements, Mesrop Mashtots was made a saint of the Armenian Church.

֍ NA - Mechs & Co.
֍ CA - AshKeebs
֍ UK - proto[Typist]
֍ EU - MYKEYBOARD
֍ Asia - zFrontier
֍ JP - Basekeys
֍ OCE - DailyClack

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 11:26:02 »
Next we have the Sayat-Nova | Սայաթ-Նովա – Novelty Kit.

Sayat-Nova, born Harutyun Sayatyan, was a Georgia-born Armenian poet, musician, and bard. He made a considerable contribution to the Armenian poetry and music of his century. Little did he know that his legacy would sing to the melody of Armenian history throughout the years to come.

֍ NA - Mechs & Co.
֍ CA - AshKeebs
֍ UK - proto[Typist]
֍ EU - MYKEYBOARD
֍ Asia - zFrontier
֍ JP - Basekeys
֍ OCE - DailyClack

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 22 April 2023, 18:47:19 »
Next we have the Tiridates the Great | Տրդատ Մեծ – Numpad Kit.

In 301 BC, the ruling king of the Arascid Dynasty - Tirdates the Great, thanks to the efforts of Saint Gregory the Illuminator, declared Armenia as the first Christian nation in the world.

շնորհակալություն (Thank You!

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 13:13:34 »
Next we have the Artaxias I | Արտաշես – 40s Kit.

Artaxias initially served the Selucid king - Antiochus III, who had put him in charge of northeastern Armenia. However, the Romans defeated Antiochus in the Syrian War (192-188 AD) and thereafter Artaxias proclaimed independence and ruled the kingdom of Armenia throughout the Artaxiad dynasty as king.

շնորհակալություն (Thank You)!

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 15:56:18 »
Next we have the Charles Aznavour | Շահնուր Վաղինակ Ազնավուրեան – Command Kit.

(The late Charles Aznavour left behind a) great legacy as a member of the global Armenian Diaspora and his influential impact on the 1915 Armenian Genocide. While his mournful songs of estrangement and suffering, and the existential search for love and happiness, resonated with millions of adoring fans, it was his tribute to his ‘fallen’ ancestors that will remain indelible.

MW HAYASTAN GB CLOSES TOMORROW, GET YOUR ORDERS IN ASAP!

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 15:34:04 »
Next we have the Raymond Vahan Damadian | Ռայմոնդ Վահան Տամատեան – Spacebar Kit.

In 1969, Raymond Vahan Damadian proposed the first magnetic resonance body scanner, better known as the MRI machine. Magnetic resonance had been used to study chemicals, but Damadian thought that it could be used to distinguish tumors from normal body tissue. Several years later, he built the first MRI machine. Thereafter, in 1978, the MRI machine produced the first images/scans of cancer patients. Damadian's efforts paved the way for huge advancement in modern medicine.

Offline Morbii

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 15:44:36 »
I’m in love with this set - how did we do?

Hoping it all gets made, especially the kits I ordered (of course) :D

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 14:55:40 »
Finally, we have the Vartan Mamikonian | Վարդան Մամիկոնեան – International Kit.

Vartan Mamikonian is regarded as the most prominent Armenian military leader in history. To the Armenian nation, he is a most beloved figure, regarded as sacred, and the ideal hero who typifies the national spirit of Armenia. Moreover, his actions on the battlefield in the Battle of Avarayr in 451 AD guaranteed religious freedom for Christian Armenians. Although he died in battle, he was named a saint of the church and a martyr for the Armenian nation and Christian religion.

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 15:01:01 »
I’m in love with this set - how did we do?

Hoping it all gets made, especially the kits I ordered (of course) :D

I'm thankful you love the set!

Currently, I'm waiting on vendors to finalize numbers. Once I have a solid idea of where we stand, I'll share here. With Milkyway Keycaps, if the Base Kit hits MoQ, then the rest of the kits will be made. Unfortunately, I don't believe the HIBI products are going to make it to MoQ. Regrettably, we weren't able to sell enough to hit the HIBI MoQ and vendors are going to have to buy a substantial amount in extras. I doubt we'll be able to get there with HIBI.

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 17:39:26 »
The lead vendor (Mechs & Co.) notified me that they will submit, and likely already have submitted, final numbers to the manufacturer (Milkyway Keycaps) for MW Hayastan. The manufacturer has informed me that this set is going to be made, including all kits. Also, the lead vendor will order deskmats at a later date, but those are also going to be made. Regrettably, the HIBI keycaps and tray are not going to be made.

Additionaly, I have approved the color samples for this set. Next, we must wait for our turn in the production queue. The lead vendor has estimated delivery of this product to customers sometime in Q3 2023.

Moving forward, the lead vendor and manufacturer will handle everything MW Hayastan related. However, if I may be of help, then please reach out to me. Lastly, I will provide updates as I receive them via my Discord server, the link to join is posted below. I will also try to keep this thread updated as well.

https://discord.gg/cFYvVJfzNW

I want to thank those of you who supported this set, the vendors, and Milkyway Keycaps. Furthermore, I am thankful for my Armenian heritage, my culture, my people, my country, and God.  The goal with all of my designs is to bring forth information so that we all learn something new. I hope that I was able to achieve this.

Offline Morbii

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 18 May 2023, 20:14:17 »
Congrats! 

Looking forward to it =]

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 30 May 2023, 18:29:27 »

Edit: now includes all extras
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 June 2023, 17:32:47 by dvorcol »

Offline plin2s

« Reply #29 on: Fri, 23 June 2023, 00:47:29 »
Congrats! 

Looking forward to it =]
Sorry, wrong thread..
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 June 2023, 04:15:33 by plin2s »

Offline Morbii

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 23 June 2023, 01:09:27 »
Congrats! 

Looking forward to it =]

Hey,

Can you please provide any updates on actual situation between Mechsandco and MW manufacturer?
There is information that designers are affiliated with this vendor, so it's double sad that there are any issues with payments.

Thanks.

I think you're talking to the wrong person.  I'm in the same boat.

I was told that "CS is responding to emails in the order they were received. I’m sorry to say that you’re going to have to wait for your turn and a reply from the CS team. Although it may take some time, you will receive a reply and your issue will be addressed/resolved."

So far I'm being patient, but the silence and shutting down of communication in regards to this issue is not good.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 June 2023, 04:40:19 by Morbii »

Offline plin2s

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 04:16:33 »
The lead vendor (Mechs & Co.) notified me that they will submit, and likely already have submitted, final numbers to the manufacturer (Milkyway Keycaps) for MW Hayastan. The manufacturer has informed me that this set is going to be made, including all kits. Also, the lead vendor will order deskmats at a later date, but those are also going to be made. Regrettably, the HIBI keycaps and tray are not going to be made.

Additionaly, I have approved the color samples for this set. Next, we must wait for our turn in the production queue. The lead vendor has estimated delivery of this product to customers sometime in Q3 2023.

Moving forward, the lead vendor and manufacturer will handle everything MW Hayastan related. However, if I may be of help, then please reach out to me. Lastly, I will provide updates as I receive them via my Discord server, the link to join is posted below. I will also try to keep this thread updated as well.

I want to thank those of you who supported this set, the vendors, and Milkyway Keycaps. Furthermore, I am thankful for my Armenian heritage, my culture, my people, my country, and God.  The goal with all of my designs is to bring forth information so that we all learn something new. I hope that I was able to achieve this.

Hey,

Can you please provide any updates on actual situation between Mechsandco and MW manufacturer?
There is information that designers are affiliated with this vendor, so it's double sad that there are any issues with payments.

Thanks

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 26 June 2023, 18:07:12 »

Hey,

Thanks
Hello everyone,

Truthfully, I wish I could provide a detailed update about the situation. However, I stepped down from my role and position at Mechs & Co. 7+ months ago. I have not done any M&C related work for at least 7 months. Moreover, even I myself do not have a stable line of communication with either Mike or Chris. Frustratingly, my messages and calls also go unanswered.

Regardless, I want to communicate any information that I can to my supporters. My understanding was that MW Hayastan was good to go with all vendors before the GB even started. I even finalized color samples and attained confirmation that the set was indeed going to be made, with support from the vendors and reassurance from the manufacturer. After the GB ended, all vendors submitted their final numbers and things were progressing quicker than anticipated. MW Hayastan was on track to to be delivered early. Recently, I heard through the grapevine without any direct communication from anyone, that a couple of vendors, including M&C, were not going to be able to pay their invoices - at least, not right now. As far as I am aware, the set is still going to be made. Nonetheless, I am establishing communication with Milkyway Keycaps to clarify a few things.

First, I want to fully understand the situation. I have heard a lot of rumors, including one in particular about MW opening an international store to reclaim and sell all unpaid stock of keycaps. However, I want to clarify things so I may share correct information with everyone. Second, I want to determine which course of actions we may take to ensure that my supporters will attain the products they purchased. Third, I want to relay that information to you all.

You may find further information via the Milkyway Keycaps Discord and my Discord, linked below.
Milkyway Keycaps: https://discord.gg/6wApq6UKrm
astr0world: https://discord.gg/cFYvVJfzNW

I am sorry that we are in this situation. Many of you supported me and my designs and I want nothing more than for you all to hold my art in your hands one day. If and when I learn anything, I will do my best to update you all.

- savageastr0naut

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 14:37:46 »
For the sake of transparency, I'm going to share the announcement I made on the Milkyway Keycaps Discord server here:

Hello everyone,

First and foremost, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm known as savageastr0naut, designer of GMK Aegyptus and MW Hayastan. Furthermore, I'm one of the founders of Mechs & Co. (M&C) - US vendor for keycaps and desk accessories. Regretfully, I stepped down from my position at Mechs & Co. 7+ months ago.  Moreover, I have not done any Mechs & Co. related work for at least 7 months. Lastly, I myself do not have a stable line of communication with either Mike or Chris from Mechs & Co. With that said, I want to share with you all the information that I have regarding MW Hayastan.

First, I apologize for the situation we are currently facing. Truthfully, I'm sorry that my supporters are facing these problems. Many of you supported me and my designs and I want nothing more than for you all to hold my art in your hands one day.

Second, I want to provide a timeline of events as I know them. Before the start of the GB, I confirmed support from the vendors and reassurance from the manufacturer, Milkyway Keycaps (MW), to ensure the set was going to be made. Furthermore, I even confirmed things such as color samples early on. Thereafter, the GB proceeded as normal. Unfortunately, the set did not naturally meet MoQ. However, the vendors finalized their numbers and MW assured me the set was going to be made. After the GB ended, I submitted the banderole design to MW and truthfully, MW Hayastan was on track to be delivered earlier than originally anticipated. Recently, I heard that a couple of vendors, including Mechs & Co., had not paid their invoices for MW Hayastan yet and moreover that Mechs & Co. was not going to be able to pay anytime in the foreseeable future. I have since spoken with swishy and confirmed that MW Hayastan is indeed going to be manufactured. As of right now, it is my understanding that product from MW will be shipped to all vendors for MW Hayastan except Mechs & Co. It was communicated to me that MW will reclaim all MW Hayastan product that was originally to be shipped to Mechs & Co. for resale on their international website.

Third, I sincerely apologize to my supporters, especially those who have regrettably purchased MW Hayastan from Mechs & Co. Although my apology does little for your frustration and money spent, I'm sorry that it has come to this. I hope you all get your money back. Forgive me for my poor choices. I have made the decision to not move forward with any future designs for the foreseeable future. If I do ever decide to design a product again, I promise to make more considerate choices so that we may avoid a situation like this from ever happening again.

Should anything change or I have any new information to share, I will update you all.

Since my last post here, I spoke with swishy, who handles communication and other various things for Milkyway Keycaps. I'm sorry to say that those of you who supported MW Hayastan and purchased through Mechs & Co. will regrettably not be receiving your products. It looks like Milkyway Keycaps will be reclaiming all units that were initially to be shipped to Mechs & Co. for resale on their international website. As I mentioned, I am deeply sorry for the way things have turned out. You all supported my design and I let you all down. Although my apology and words understandably mean nothing to those of you that have lost your money, I have decided to not move forward with any of my future designs for the foreseeable future. If, and truthfully this is a huge if, I do ever decide to design a product again, I promise to make more considerate choices so that we may avoid a situation like this from ever happening again.

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #34 on: Tue, 22 August 2023, 22:55:14 »
Milkyway Keycaps recently shared this photo from their factory of MW Hayastan. It looks like it's still currently in-production. Hopefully, production finishes soon.

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 05 September 2023, 11:28:37 »
Milkyway Keycaps stated they are almost done with manufacturing. Here is a photo of some finished production units.

Offline keepoto

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 05 September 2023, 12:21:54 »
congratulations!

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #37 on: Tue, 10 October 2023, 21:10:59 »
It brings me much happiness to announce to you all - Milkyway Keycaps has informed me that MW Hayastan is in transit to vendors.

There were many bumps along the road, but the end of this journey is now in sight. I thank all of my supporters and the Milkyway team for their diligent effort in making this set a reality.

I am looking forward to you all holding my art in your hands.

Արաչ Աստված 🙏

Offline Morbii

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 10 October 2023, 21:36:10 »
Any word on when MW will list the M&C kits?

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #39 on: Tue, 10 October 2023, 21:53:43 »
Any word on when MW will list the M&C kits?
Nothing yet, but as soon as I learn that they will be available, I will share that information with you all here and on my Discord server.

Offline savageastr0naut

« Reply #40 on: Tue, 17 October 2023, 19:49:54 »
It looks like product is beginning to arrive at vendor warehouses. ZFrontier is the closest to Milkyway Keycaps, so naturally it makes sense that they received their shipment first. Here are some photos of MW Hayastan, courtesy of ZFrontier.

Offline savageastr0naut

Re: [GB] MW Hayastan ♱
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 18 January 2024, 12:31:15 »
MW Hayastan is now in-stock at MW Keys. If you want to purchase this set, then I suggest doing so now. This will likely be the last opportunity you will have. Deskmats are also available on the MW Keys site. ZFrontier and BaseKeys have already received their deskmat shipments. The other vendors will hopefully receive their deskmats soon, as they have shipped from the manufacturer to their respective warehouses.

https://mwkeys.com/products/gb-mw-hayastan

շնորհակալություն ( Thank You!)
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 January 2024, 12:39:18 by savageastr0naut »