Author Topic: Portal Function + Esc 13 Key PBT Dye Sublimated key group buy (Discussion THREAD)  (Read 70877 times)

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
Portal Function + Esc 13 Key PBT Dye Sublimated key group buy (Discussion THREAD)
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 11 September 2011, 13:11:00 »
The plan is to have them as black keys with white legends, yes.

Offline tradet

Portal Function + Esc 13 Key PBT Dye Sublimated key group buy (Discussion THREAD)
« Reply #151 on: Sun, 11 September 2011, 13:15:13 »
Wonderful! This might be really good.

Offline h0ngE

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 11 September 2011, 14:31:54 »
i'm interested in 2 sets

Offline chenga91

« Reply #153 on: Sun, 11 September 2011, 15:37:16 »
Ah, actually we're going to be doing white on black keys only. We might be getting a white on red ESC key..
Currently Using:
~Leopold Tenkeyless - Cherry MX Brown~
~Razer Deathadder Black Edition~
~Artisan Hien Soft, Medium Size~

Offline KoolAidMan

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 11 September 2011, 18:08:02 »
Depends on the cost for me. I'm definitely down for one set, and if it gets above 50 orders I'd be good for two.

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #155 on: Sun, 11 September 2011, 22:13:35 »
Can you just keep the ESC key more plain?  I rather have it with blue or orange, but if not then black and white so at least it matches the other keys.

Offline RColinTaylor

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 11 September 2011, 22:46:38 »
Quote from: sherryton;414696
Can you just keep the ESC key more plain?  I rather have it with blue or orange, but if not then black and white so at least it matches the other keys.

My own personal thought of keeping the ESC key close to the set and not too odd would be to make it a white key with black legends; a sort of 'inverse' of the other 12.
I like my Browns more than my Blues.

Offline forTruce

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 11 September 2011, 23:14:38 »
I am extremely interesting in this endeavor!  I would be down for a set.

I like RColinTaylor's idea:

My own personal thought of keeping the ESC key close to the set and not too odd would be to make it a white key with black legends; a sort of 'inverse' of the other 12.

But I would be happy with it either way.
         Dell AT101W    Leopold TKL Blue (damaged)

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 12 September 2011, 01:08:35 »
I vote no for white on red escape key... I want the whole set to match for sure. Black on white (inverse) wouldn't look right though, it would clash instead of match.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 September 2011, 01:36:12 by Ragnorock »

Offline twinkies

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 12 September 2011, 01:35:17 »
Count me in for 1 set

Offline hargon

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 12 September 2011, 02:18:57 »
May be interessted in a "the cake is a lie" key :)

Offline Ascaii

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 12 September 2011, 03:32:56 »
in for 1 set for sure
"Mechanical keyboards are like pokemon:
you start with one, and then you wanna catch em all."

Offline chenga91

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 12 September 2011, 03:34:06 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;414751
I vote no for white on red escape key... I want the whole set to match for sure. Black on white (inverse) wouldn't look right though, it would clash instead of match.

Aiight. That's fine too. I mentioned it because people had previously expressed interest in a red ESC key and I don't recall anyone objecting. Initially, I wanted the red key, but after reading some of the comments I understand why people would want the set to match.

If more people prefer white on black (as of now that's the case with 5 vs 2), then that's what we'll get.
Currently Using:

Offline Arkonos

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 12 September 2011, 09:05:14 »
I vote for a red key with black legend and if there is no majority for that, black with white legend.

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 12 September 2011, 10:17:55 »
I vote in favor of white on black.
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #165 on: Mon, 12 September 2011, 11:31:07 »
White on Black
Black on White
Black on Grey

I take all :D

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 12 September 2011, 11:35:25 »
Quote from: chenga91;414771
Aiight. That's fine too. I mentioned it because people had previously expressed interest in a red ESC key and I don't recall anyone objecting. Initially, I wanted the red key, but after reading some of the comments I understand why people would want the set to match.

If more people prefer white on black (as of now that's the case with 5 vs 2), then that's what we'll get.

Most Esc keys available are white on red or black on red, so if anyone really wants one there are plenty of options. I recommend the look of disapproval personally.

If we were to do a separate color for the esc key, I vote for a blue on black portal logo, I know it isn't on the last posted pic but its likely not all of those are going to work out anyways.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 September 2011, 11:38:34 by Ragnorock »

Offline Waterdr1nker

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 12 September 2011, 12:58:02 »
I'm in for two sets!
[Use] Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blue . Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless Blue . KBT Race 75% Red
[Sold] Filco Majestouch NINJA Tenkeyless Brown . Leopold FC200R Tenkeyless Blue

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #168 on: Tue, 13 September 2011, 23:58:34 »
>.>

Offline chenga91

« Reply #169 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 00:01:08 »
wassup?
Currently Using:

Offline slueth

« Reply #170 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 00:08:38 »
How do we get in on this group buy?

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #171 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 00:17:25 »
You say you want some when we start taking orders and the designs are done. I was just bumping it because it seemed like it was losing momentum.

Chenga I'm not familiar with this exact forum, but since it's vbulletin you should be able to edit the thread title by going to edit the OP, you should change it to Portal Doubleshot Key Set

'jus sayin. :)

Offline chenga91

« Reply #172 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 00:22:46 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;415862
Chenga I'm not familiar with this exact forum, but since it's vbulletin you should be able to edit the thread title by going to edit the OP, you should change it to Portal Doubleshot Key Set

'jus sayin. :)

Ah..I had tried editing the title of the first post, but it didn't do much so I gave up. I just googled it and it was super easy :P
Man..I wonder how ichitz is doing... :/
Currently Using:

Offline ichitz

« Reply #173 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 09:37:30 »
It's prob losing momentum becoz of me. Sorry guys. Who knew u could be caught up with stuff even while jobless. Lol.
Anyway, I fixed up the SVGs to match SP's specifications. I took out 1 icon, the one that gets hit in the head with the cube. I tried to make it work but it's just... no space. And spacing it to SP's rules made the icon look very strange. So I swapped it with the energy ball thing.

Btw, lemme know if you guys want something else as ESC key since the key I have right now is there coz chenga wanted it in the 1st page. But I believe ppl have other suggestions throughout the length of this thread. Or we can keep it. Either way, lemme know :)

Offline iWuzHere

« Reply #174 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 12:15:09 »
It'd be in for 2 or 3 sets
Keyboard(s):
DAS Model S professional Cherry MX Blue
steelseries 6GV2 Cherry MX Black
F21-7D Blue ALPS
Noppoo Choc Mini Cherry MX Brown
Leopold FC200RE/AB Cherry MX Clear
Rosewill RK-9000 Cherry MX Red
Poker X Cherry MX Red
Filco MJ2 Ninja Cherry MX Blue
Ducky DK-9087 Dragon Cherry MX Red

Offline krud

« Reply #175 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 12:58:09 »
Any way to order JUST the ESC key?  looks great

Offline ricercar

• * Elevated Elder
  • mostly abides
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 13:12:22 »
I'm in for 2 sets Portal Cherry key caps.
I trolled Geekhack and all I got was an eponymous SPOS.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #177 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 13:32:52 »
It doesn't matter which one is the "ESC" one because all the keycaps will be the same size and shape, allowing everyone to pick and choose which ones they want where on their keyboard.

Looks good man, though the cake could probably lose the cherry since it doesn't look much like a cherry at that size.

Let me put it this way:

Separate ESC key price: $4-5 with around 25-50 orders (I wouldn't expect as many to just want the esc key) + $5-6 shipping= $9-11

Full 13 key set: $17 at 50, $11.56 at 100, which at this point is probably how many we're going to get. With the number of people interested and the number of people wanting 2 or more, its going to be big. So that + $5-6 is a whole $18. You're telling me you can't afford a whole $7 more to get 12 extra keys and potentially raise the price for everyone else who wants the whole set? Just buying a particular one key is going to cannibalize orders from the main buy and it just isn't worth it imo. I mean 2/3s the cost for 1/13th the product... you don't have to be a business major to know how silly that is.

Offline TheSoulhunter

• Thorpelicious!
« Reply #178 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 14:38:17 »
How about one or two Win-keys as well?
I vote for the aperture logo (perhaps without "A") and the cube!

Offline tradet

« Reply #179 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 14:39:44 »
Sounds epic.

What's the price to ship to EU (Sweden)?

Offline F u r u y á

« Reply #180 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 14:58:28 »
Oh I really liked sherryton's idea of two keys one with orange half-portal and other with blue other-half-portal. It would be pretty neat to have them in very distant keys.

So that ideia is out of question?

Sorry if it's already discussed in the thread. I've only read that it would be expensive (same costs of the entire 13 key set).
Filco 91 | Filco 87* | Filco 105 | PLU 87 | PLU 87 | Cherry 120 | Cherry 120

Offline krud

« Reply #181 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 16:12:02 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;416107
It doesn't matter which one is the "ESC" one because all the keycaps will be the same size and shape, allowing everyone to pick and choose which ones they want where on their keyboard.

Looks good man, though the cake could probably lose the cherry since it doesn't look much like a cherry at that size.

Let me put it this way:

Separate ESC key price: $4-5 with around 25-50 orders (I wouldn't expect as many to just want the esc key) + $5-6 shipping= $9-11

Full 13 key set: $17 at 50, $11.56 at 100, which at this point is probably how many we're going to get. With the number of people interested and the number of people wanting 2 or more, its going to be big. So that + $5-6 is a whole $18. You're telling me you can't afford a whole $7 more to get 12 extra keys and potentially raise the price for everyone else who wants the whole set? Just buying a particular one key is going to cannibalize orders from the main buy and it just isn't worth it imo. I mean 2/3s the cost for 1/13th the product... you don't have to be a business major to know how silly that is.

the esc key in the image above is the one im referring to,  also i highly doubt that the shipping would be 5-6 dollars when its about a gram of plastic that can fit in an envelope. If the esc key was 4-5 dollars + a dollar for shipping,  (total 5-6 dollars) i would def do that instead of paying double / triple to get the whole set.     Even if i did get the whole set because its '2/3's  the price the rest of the set would be un-used the whole time anyhow.

Offline bavman

« Reply #182 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 16:23:43 »
count me in for a full set

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #183 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 19:21:56 »
Quote from: F u r u y á;416140
Oh I really liked sherryton's idea of two keys one with orange half-portal and other with blue other-half-portal. It would be pretty neat to have them in very distant keys.

So that ideia is out of question?

Sorry if it's already discussed in the thread. I've only read that it would be expensive (same costs of the entire 13 key set).

The current consensus is to do those and others such as the windows/modifier keys in a round 2 after we see how well this one goes.

Quote from: krud;416175
the esc key in the image above is the one im referring to,  also i highly doubt that the shipping would be 5-6 dollars when its about a gram of plastic that can fit in an envelope. If the esc key was 4-5 dollars + a dollar for shipping,  (total 5-6 dollars) i would def do that instead of paying double / triple to get the whole set.     Even if i did get the whole set because its '2/3's  the price the rest of the set would be un-used the whole time anyhow.

How about you go find me where I can ship even something as small as a single keycap anywhere in the country for a dollar and I'll start taking your post into consideration. Padded envelopes alone cost that much, and the flat rate shipping ones more. We're probably looking at the flat rate boxes with some peanuts in there to stop them from moving around too much. You forget I'm going to have to take hours and hours out of my days to package all of these up and send them to everyone, and I'm not really inclined to significantly increase the organizational requirement required for separate esc keys. I'm doing nothing other than mimicking the shipping costs that everyone else running a group buy is charging. I don't own a business nor have any sort of discount on shipping. I'm also not trying to profit off of anyone here, I just want to get some of these keys for myself and get them to as many people that want them as possible. If you don't want the other keys then sell them on here, they're going to be desirable and collectible.
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 September 2011, 19:24:40 by Ragnorock »

Offline F u r u y á

« Reply #184 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 19:36:09 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;416252
The current consensus is to do those and others such as the windows/modifier keys in a round 2 after we see how well this one goes.

Filco 91 | Filco 87* | Filco 105 | PLU 87 | PLU 87 | Cherry 120 | Cherry 120

Offline Intense

« Reply #185 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 20:02:41 »
i would be interested in these :)
Ergodox EZ w/Zilent V2s | WIP Dactyl Manuform 5x7 w/Holy Pandas

Offline ichitz

« Reply #186 on: Wed, 14 September 2011, 20:06:58 »
Someone tipped my motorcycle over 2 weeks ago. Broke off my right side bar end mirror. Needed a tiny plastic ball part replaced. The company who made the mirror wants $3 for the tiny plastic ball replacement and $4 for shipping.

Just saying.. i don't think shipping will ever be $1.

Offline hargon

« Reply #187 on: Thu, 15 September 2011, 01:42:37 »
If shipping to germany is possible and does not kill the deal, i am in for a set.

edit: Prefering Black on White! ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 September 2011, 07:21:14 by hargon »

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #188 on: Thu, 15 September 2011, 04:53:06 »
I would also be up for a full set of Fn keys, just means you could use any one of them as escape keys
Black on white would be my preference.

the series you have done that's on the image on post #174 is great, with the cake on the end it's pretty much the story of Portal.
HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #189 on: Thu, 15 September 2011, 08:00:47 »
Quote from: hargon;416397
If shipping to germany is possible and does not kill the deal, i am in for a set.

edit: Prefering Black on White! ;)
You should be able to flat rate the small box to germany for $14 or so. Hopefully the awful german customs people won't confiscate and/or break everything.

as far as the red/blue portal keys go, (now that I understand it, I think it'd be excellent, now, or in the future)

At the moment, I'm interested, though I want to wait until the final design is decided before I commit.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 September 2011, 08:02:50 by dorkvader »

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #190 on: Thu, 15 September 2011, 08:40:22 »
I'm willing to do some shipping internationally, but since it adds a lot to the headache of doing this it will probably be something like I charge $20 for international shipping and refund you the difference and provide the receipt, or ask for more should you happen to live in Antarctica. I'd also to keep the number of international orders relatively low regardless of how much I ask for shipping- since the whole point of CONUS is flat rate shipping it makes it much less work for me to do the billing and packaging. If you guys are okay with that then I'll do like up to 20 orders (20 people, not sets) or so.

Offline Tempy

« Reply #191 on: Thu, 15 September 2011, 10:00:25 »
count me in for a set, this is too awesome to pass up
Proud owner of a Filco TKL with Blues, Noppoo Choc Pro with Blues, Leopold 104 with Browns and a CoolerMaster QF with reds

Sc2 stats

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #192 on: Fri, 16 September 2011, 06:17:04 »
I just think you should avoid ordering it, so it'll save you money and time from selling the rest of the key caps!

Quote from: krud;416175

Offline one_each

« Reply #193 on: Fri, 16 September 2011, 11:15:24 »
At the 50 set price, I'll take one full set
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 September 2011, 15:16:31 by one_each »
**something random**

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #194 on: Fri, 16 September 2011, 12:01:09 »
In for one set

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #195 on: Fri, 16 September 2011, 22:36:07 »
Quote from: sherryton;417078
I just think you should avoid ordering it, so it'll save you money and time from selling the rest of the key caps!

Rofl.

Offline tradet

« Reply #196 on: Mon, 19 September 2011, 00:27:19 »
Think I want one with international shipping.

Offline fluxrez

« Reply #197 on: Mon, 19 September 2011, 01:03:59 »
I would also bite on this!
USA

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #198 on: Mon, 19 September 2011, 02:09:55 »
Alright well I've gotten the SVGs from Ichitz, I'll see about getting in contact with SP about having some test molds done.

Offline Wraul

« Reply #199 on: Mon, 19 September 2011, 16:02:16 »
I'm most likely in for 1 or 2 full sets with shipping to Sweden.