Author Topic: Portal Function + Esc 13 Key PBT Dye Sublimated key group buy (Discussion THREAD)  (Read 70875 times)

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
Portal Function + Esc 13 Key PBT Dye Sublimated key group buy (Discussion THREAD)
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 27 September 2011, 22:47:29 »
Yeah, you can, but it is still black on pretty much black. You could open it in a new window though. I can't find an imagehost to host them though. GH won't let me upload them.

Offline F u r u y á

Portal Function + Esc 13 Key PBT Dye Sublimated key group buy (Discussion THREAD)
« Reply #301 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 00:22:11 »
Quote from: dorkvader;421210
I still feel that the two portal keys with 1/2 a guy emerging is the best idea, but I'll happily wait for round2 on that one.

Me too. Is it possible to add those 2keys portal guy (pure white bg) to the current 13 keys order?
Filco 91 | Filco 87* | Filco 105 | PLU 87 | PLU 87 | Cherry 120 | Cherry 120

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #302 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 04:38:20 »
No.

Offline F u r u y á

« Reply #303 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 06:11:03 »
okay.

Offline kraise

« Reply #304 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 12:08:03 »
I'd definitely be interested in purchasing a set of these if there is shipping to Canada.
Keyboards: Filco Majestouch Linear R TKL | Matias Tactile Pro 3 LE Silver & Black | Matias Quiet Pro

Offline ascii

« Reply #305 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 13:00:25 »
Oh, ok.  I'm in for a set, even if they are ABS :)

Offline xmrxkrazy

« Reply #306 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 13:28:52 »
Ragnorock, it would help a lot if you started a new thread, since you are unable to edit the first post as it's not yours. You would be able to have updates on the first post instead of continuing to post somewhere in the middle of this thread. Unless there's a way to transfer thread starter to you.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #307 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 15:09:02 »
I didn't bother because I'm about to start the order thread... This thread has served just fine for interest gauging and discussion. Chenga did a good job with the OP for a while. I stopped checking it long ago and figured most who were interested did the same as I by just going to the last page.

Offline xmrxkrazy

« Reply #308 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 15:50:09 »
yeah that's what i meant, but you were already thinking that so it's all good.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #309 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 18:43:52 »
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 27506[/ATTACH]

Okay, so I don't have much time, but decide whether you like this color scheme better or all black on white but a pink heart for the companion cube.

I'm also okay with just changing the aperture logo to black on white and leaving the rest of the colors the same.

Discuss, you have till tomorrow when I submit the SVGs to Melissa.

Offline F u r u y á

« Reply #310 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 18:59:50 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;423003
(Attachment Link) 27506[/ATTACH]

Okay, so I don't have much time, but decide whether you like this color scheme better or all black on white but a pink heart for the companion cube.

I'm also okay with just changing the aperture logo to black on white and leaving the rest of the colors the same.

Discuss, you have till tomorrow when I submit the SVGs to Melissa.
I vote for black on white Aperture.

Offline F u r u y á

« Reply #311 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 19:23:26 »
Ragnorock, will you allow this Portal buy to be available in Round 4?

I saw in the SC2 thread that you said that it will it be cheaper than in R4. How much cheaper? Why?

I'm asking because I'm interested in SC2, Portal and some R4 keys. And I thought that I would save a lot of shipping if I buy all in R4, but now I don't know since you said that buying in R4 would be more expensive.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #312 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 19:42:51 »
All color, although I don't care black/blue on the Aperture logo.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #313 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 20:47:22 »
I was thinking it would be cheaper because of quantity discounts, that doesn't apply as much because the spread isn't as wide here.  Spent all my afternoon writing those posts and still didn't say everything I wanted to so if you have any questions just ask. Of course its up to you to decide but I for one am not waiting till well into next year for some keycaps. Since you're in brazil though, I recommend you do. That's some expensive shipping and probably isn't worth the money to you or the hassle to me.

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
« Reply #314 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 22:02:28 »
I would say black on white aperture logo. And it looks like the blue and orange portal key has the blue rectangle overlapping the portals slightly, when the portals should probably be on top. Or maybe I'm just crazy.
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #315 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 22:21:16 »
If you played Portal 2 you'd understand why that makes sense. The bridge comes out of the portals, if it was on top it wouldn't be inside the portal... Btw I've got a bunch of hw to do and won't be updating counts till tomorrow. Don't worry, my inbox is getting spammed like a mofo.

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
« Reply #316 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 22:40:58 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;423128
If you played Portal 2 you'd understand why that makes sense. The bridge comes out of the portals, if it was on top it wouldn't be inside the portal... Btw I've got a bunch of hw to do and won't be updating counts till tomorrow. Don't worry, my inbox is getting spammed like a mofo.
Miscommunication. I get the overlap on the inside of the portals, the whole "bridge with portals" thing, but looking at it not up close made it look a little weird to me. I looked at it really, really close, and it's one pixel on the bottom left on the blue portal that's bothering me. So I'll chalk that up to crazy and say it looks great.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #317 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 22:53:13 »
Oh, yeah that was my fault in my quick photoshop to get a mockup of the colors. I'll say again that they will look MUCH cleaner than that. I basically took a brush and drew over the black there, rather than how Ichitz is going to change the color of the vectors themselves.

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
« Reply #318 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 22:55:26 »
Oh, perfect. So I'm not totally crazy. Sweet! For the record, at the current price range, I'm in for 1 set, I think. MAYBE two, but we'll see what the finances look like closer to the buy date. I would have liked DSs if only for the pricing, but these'll look good enough that I'll certainly live.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #319 on: Wed, 28 September 2011, 22:59:04 »
Yeah, that reminds me, I need to add that to my order thread. People can change orders as much as they like up until invoices start going out, they need to just send a new PM with their updated order and include somewhere that it is a change to an existing order, and not a new one.

Doubleshots would have been awesome but I knew deep down all along that they were way too detailed to look good no matter what we did. Just too much detail.

Offline F u r u y á

« Reply #320 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 16:31:09 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;423079
I was thinking it would be cheaper because of quantity discounts, that doesn't apply as much because the spread isn't as wide here.  Spent all my afternoon writing those posts and still didn't say everything I wanted to so if you have any questions just ask. Of course its up to you to decide but I for one am not waiting till well into next year for some keycaps. Since you're in brazil though, I recommend you do. That's some expensive shipping and probably isn't worth the money to you or the hassle to me.

Ok so you give 7bit green light to put your Portal set in R4?

I will ask him and while he does not respond I'll be still in your Portal order list. If he takes longer than dates close to the deadline of Portal buy, do you mind putting me in a reserve list for the 1st extra set? I'm just wondering whether for some reason Portal set doesn't get in R4 and I lose the opportunity to buy it. I'm saying that because the TL keycap won't be available in R4, for instance.
« Last Edit: Thu, 29 September 2011, 16:43:00 by F u r u y á »

Offline tr4656

« Reply #321 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 17:29:04 »
Quote from: F u r u y á;423664
Ok so you give 7bit green light to put your Portal set in R4?

I will ask him and while he does not respond I'll be still in your Portal order list. If he takes longer than dates close to the deadline of Portal buy, do you mind putting me in a reserve list for the 1st extra set? I'm just wondering whether for some reason Portal set doesn't get in R4 and I lose the opportunity to buy it. I'm saying that because the TL keycap won't be available in R4, for instance.

They aren't going to be in R4 since these aren't doubleshot keys. :/

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #322 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 17:33:00 »
Quote from: tr4656;423683

That was my first thought as well...but then I wondered...why not?

Most people ask why. I ask "why not?"

Offline F u r u y á

« Reply #323 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 17:45:22 »
Quote from: tr4656;423683

I know. The question remains... why not?

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #324 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 19:50:50 »
7bit should be back from his hiatus soon... perhaps we'll find out?
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline ichitz

« Reply #325 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 21:20:27 »
Ok. Sorry for the slight delay. Here is where I am with the color changes now:

Ragnorock, I'm zipping the svgs and sending them to u now.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #326 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 21:24:15 »
Hnnngh. No turret firing at the guy?

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #327 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 21:28:25 »
where do i sign up for these keycaps??
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline ichitz

« Reply #328 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 21:30:26 »
Quote from: Ragnorock;423795
Hnnngh. No turret firing at the guy?
darnit. Which key did we talk about again? Original SGV file, 4th row, 1st key?

Offline Deadly55

« Reply #329 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 21:45:12 »
Its 22$ about for a set right'.. So tempting but then i lose my money for a new board..

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #330 on: Thu, 29 September 2011, 22:50:52 »
Quote from: ichitz;423802
darnit. Which key did we talk about again? Original SGV file, 4th row, 1st key?
Show Image

Yeah. That.