Author Topic: [IC] Sky Dolch - Phase 2 [NOW LIVE!]  (Read 155083 times)

Offline wishful_cynic

Re: [IC] Sky Dolch - Phase 2
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 14:49:50 »
i dont see the colored mods and other child kits on the website... is originative just re-running sky dolch v1 right now?

You can select them from the drop-down menu and see descriptions below.  Renders are coming soon.

Offline ntitco1

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 14:50:52 »
If I order this along with the sky dolch accent will they be shipped together or seperately?

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #102 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 14:57:55 »

I see, so this is because of the other Dolch set GB? Understandable then. If possible could you guys do a mock up or render that shows the finalised keyset list including all the child kits? I would like to see which child kit contains what keys especially the coloured ones.

Thanks!

Will be asking thesis for his time on all the mock ups. He's been a little busy, so I'll see what he says tonight :D

Thanks guys for making renders!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Saiph

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 15:00:28 »
i dont see the colored mods and other child kits on the website... is originative just re-running sky dolch v1 right now?
The color mods should show up on the drop down that's on the sky dolch page.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 15:05:53 »
Nice extra packs on Sky Dolch 2 indeed

That aluminium spacebars tho, ..., I really like browsing Originative, always full of surprises :D
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 15:11:08 »
$251 w/o taxes.. I'll probably pick up a set in a couple of days
EM7 | Nunu | Salamander | RF84u | SS AEK64

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 15:27:22 »
Ah... Unfortunate timing, though I do absolutely understand that your hand has been pretty much forced, Sherry - may not have enough funds to join in right now unless I part ways with the money I put asides for your JD40 kits/keyset. Was planning around your 2017 launch but will see what I can do!

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 15:40:54 »
just ordering child kits, since i already have sky dolch v1 + add-ons. would it be possible to order those kits in a tray? (can i order multiple trays?)

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 16:27:16 »
I kind of want the yellow shifts, but I don't want to buy the entire magenta kit just to get them.

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #109 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 16:34:57 »
I kind of want the yellow shifts, but I don't want to buy the entire magenta kit just to get them.

better keycaps than sorry tho
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 18:11:52 »

better keycaps than sorry tho

If anything you can probably find someone to buy the magenta mods

Offline Dyaems

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 19:35:42 »
still hoping that the set would be sold as one bundle, it seems that it is not anymore? :(

And the time that I can save up monies is now gone, since the deadline is on October 18 haha

EDIT: what does the base kit include? is it the set inside a plastic case on the pre-order page?
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 October 2016, 19:49:36 by Dyaems »

B.face X2
  65g Zealios

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 20:23:06 »
If I order this along with the sky dolch accent will they be shipped together or seperately?

Sets will be shipped together unless purchased separately!
still hoping that the set would be sold as one bundle, it seems that it is not anymore? :(

And the time that I can save up monies is now gone, since the deadline is on October 18 haha

EDIT: what does the base kit include? is it the set inside a plastic case on the pre-order page?

Kits will be open until January! The base includes iso, hhkb, winkeyless, 104 base, and 1800 kit :)

Pictures of the RGBYO DOLCH

« Last Edit: Wed, 12 October 2016, 20:53:39 by sherryton »

Offline calavera

Re: [IC] Sky Dolch - Phase 2 [NOW LIVE!]
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 22:01:21 »
I'll wait for all mock up pics to be updated before I order. Kinda confusing right now.

Offline Saint Chewy

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 22:03:24 »

Kits will be open until January! The base includes iso, hhkb, winkeyless, 104 base, and 1800 kit :)

Show Image

So I see that the windows key in that render is the Win 8 style. Does that mean the windows key in the base kit is also Win 8 as well?

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 22:07:37 »

Show Image

So I see that the windows key in that render is the Win 8 style. Does that mean the windows key in the base kit is also Win 8 as well?

Yes, we'll be using old school Windows 95 on Winkeyless and modern Windows on Winkey.

Offline Saint Chewy

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 22:11:08 »

Show Image

Yes, we'll be using old school Windows 95 on Winkeyless and modern Windows on Winkey.

YES!!!! thank you, thank you, thank you ;D You just made my night. Just put my order in. This is my end game now!

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 12 October 2016, 22:46:11 »
Waiting for some mock ups and some clarification.

Offline calavera

« Reply #118 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 00:07:59 »
So what is the dead line? I'm still waiting for this to be clarified.. 18th or January?

Offline Jedi

« Reply #119 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 00:40:53 »
So what is the dead line? I'm still waiting for this to be clarified.. 18th or January?

You have until 18-October for the price listed on the OrCo store. You have until mid January to still purchase kits but at the then listing price.

Offline calavera

« Reply #120 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 00:49:00 »

You have until 18-October for the price listed on the OrCo store. You have until mid January to still purchase kits but at the then listing price.

Gotcha. Thanks. Now I'll wait for the updated mockups before I put in my order. :)

Offline Dyaems

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 01:03:14 »

Show Image

Thanks! I want to see the actual or the mock-ups of everything including the base set first before plunging in (if there is still stock  by that time)

B.face X2
  65g Zealios

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 01:48:38 »

You have until 18-October for the price listed on the OrCo store.

Isn't that basically tomorrow? Sherry please confirm!

Offline Jedi

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 06:45:37 »
The 18th of October is next Tuesday (currently 5 days away). 

Offline gaiden

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 08:03:40 »
I'm hoping to see more renders too before the 18th.. but looking good so far  :thumb:

Offline Elaeagnifolia

• Click Quack.
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 10:45:15 »

You have until 18-October for the price listed on the OrCo store.

Not quite cswanic. October 18 is when OrigCo is submitting the order to GMK and won't affect pricing.

The preorder price you see on OrigCo right now is the price you will pay until January when the sets come in. This price will not rise until after that, so there is zero difference price-wise if you order today, a week after Oct. 18th, or the day right before the sets arrive. The only difference is you risk the set selling out between now and then, but I don't think that should be an issue since sherry said they should be getting a sufficient amount of sets (~300).

Here's the post where sherry mentioned this:

The price will go up when the sets arrive. That's going to be towards January. We are planning to buy approximately 300 sets, so I believe that is enough to go around.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 October 2016, 10:47:44 by Elaeagnifolia »

Offline Belfong

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 11:14:57 »
I'm thinking of getting the base set and shipping to Malaysia is $20, which is ok. Then I added 3 key cap case and shipping became $60! The key cap case doesn't add much weight, does it? Is it possible to maintain shipping at $20, sherry?

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 11:29:23 »
I'm thinking of getting the base set and shipping to Malaysia is $20, which is ok. Then I added 3 key cap case and shipping became $60! The key cap case doesn't add much weight, does it? Is it possible to maintain shipping at $20, sherry?

Shipping is determined by size and weight. The tray takes up a lot of space compared to loose keycaps in a plastic bag. That's my best guess for the sizable (har har) increase in shipping.

Offline Belfong

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 19:08:53 »

Shipping is determined by size and weight. The tray takes up a lot of space compared to loose keycaps in a plastic bag. That's my best guess for the sizable (har har) increase in shipping.
How much weight would empty trays add? As to volume, it's probably one or two inch thicker when you stack them. Oh well, I'm guessing I'm out of luck.

Offline SevenU

• Grimace is Black
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 20:24:23 »

How much weight would empty trays add? As to volume, it's probably one or two inch thicker when you stack them. Oh well, I'm guessing I'm out of luck.
The trays are much bigger in terms of area they take up compared to the bags. They are much bigger in both length and width.
Something, Something, blah, blah, blahbitty, blah

Offline Belfong

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 20:39:21 »

The trays are much bigger in terms of area they take up compared to the bags. They are much bigger in both length and width.
I know, but I ordered the Base set with Tray and shipping was $20.
Ordering extra 3 trays means just stacking them on top of the Base keys with Tray, which should not have added more than two inches in height nor additional weight.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #131 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 20:47:02 »

I know, but I ordered the Base set with Tray and shipping was $20.
Ordering extra 3 trays means just stacking them on top of the Base keys with Tray, which should not have added more than two inches in height nor additional weight.

You know USPS has standardised box sizes? even if it was only adding 5mm to the size, if that makes it no longer fit in the standard sized box, you will have to get the next size up!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline slickmamba

« Reply #132 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 20:56:45 »
what caps does the rgbyo come with?
Hi :)

Offline Dyaems

« Reply #133 on: Thu, 13 October 2016, 22:42:25 »
Is there, by any chance, a 1u R1 shift somewhere on the set? Parent or child kit. I am guessing there is none according to the "old" renders. I'm thinking if I can fill up a JIS layout with this set, except for the spacebar which is a lost cause because it is 2.5u

ill probably use stock keycaps for it if there is none

B.face X2
  65g Zealios

Offline TTR

« Reply #134 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 11:57:25 »
Joined for the whole set. Just curious, sherryton said the in the post the whole set is available for $199 but it seems that that option is not available? Now the whole set is around $250...
HHKB-S / Realforce 87U/ Corsair K70 RGB RED/ Filco 87 Cream Green Blue/ G710 Blue/  Duck Black Bird/ Novatouch /Apple Extended Keyboard II SKCM Damped

Offline nateth

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 15:11:18 »
I see the "6u Spacebar and 1.25u Fn" listed as a bullet point under the Keycap Kits. So does that mean I need to purchase the Spacebar kit to get the 1.25u Fn key?

Edit: Nevermind I found the answer. The detailed descriptions of each set can be found here:
https://www.originativeco.com/products/sky-dolch?variant=21266406661
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 October 2016, 15:13:49 by nateth »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #136 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 17:23:26 »
yo sherryton, are we gonna get renders/new mockups before the cutoff date? i want to get in on this, but the old mockups dont match the child kits for pre-order. i dont know what has changed and what hasnt. help me out

Offline gaiden

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 20:18:40 »
@Sherryton, so is there any chance of the tray getting a nice box upgrade (like the recent GMK Carbon drop?) if so that's i might go with the tray option. Anyone else here going with the tray option?
« Last Edit: Sun, 16 October 2016, 23:10:26 by gaiden »

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #138 on: Sun, 16 October 2016, 20:21:02 »
yo sherryton, are we gonna get renders/new mockups before the cutoff date? i want to get in on this, but the old mockups dont match the child kits for pre-order. i dont know what has changed and what hasnt. help me out

This would help me as well, I was interested in a couple of the smaller kits.
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline Rageous

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 00:41:01 »
Yup, same. Would love some updated renders so I know how many sets to add and exactly what I'm getting. I'm definitely in by the deadline... but the amount of information on the extra sets will determine how many I get.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 01:04:01 »
Just put in my order  :thumb:

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 01:53:50 »
Yup, same. Would love some updated renders so I know how many sets to add and exactly what I'm getting. I'm definitely in by the deadline... but the amount of information on the extra sets will determine how many I get.
+1
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 14:23:05 »
@Sherryton, so is there any chance of the tray getting a nice box upgrade (like the recent GMK Carbon drop?) if so that's i might go with the tray option. Anyone else here going with the tray option?

Huge Chance! We're working on a few with all existing production keysets and all future keysets.

GMK will send us a render today or tomorrow.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 14:48:07 »

Huge Chance! We're working on a few with all existing production keysets and all future keysets.

Does it mean I have to reorder it in tray? Or can you help me modify my order and I pay the difference?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline Dyaems

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 17 October 2016, 22:34:00 »
10/18 is almost there and still no updated renders  :( *patiently waiting*

B.face X2
  65g Zealios

Offline AresTheGod

« Reply #145 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 00:58:27 »

Does it mean I have to reorder it in tray? Or can you help me modify my order and I pay the difference?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Would also like to know..

Offline calavera

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 01:28:16 »
I already put in my order and paid with paypal. If I want to make changes to my order how would that work?

Offline gaiden

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 01:39:16 »
I already put in my order and paid with paypal. If I want to make changes to my order how would that work?
Im wondering the same thing

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline boo

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 02:21:33 »
I emailed originative and prices won't change for at least a month. Hurray for all of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 18 October 2016, 10:48:39 »
very nice