Author Topic: [IC] Sky Dolch - Phase 2 [NOW LIVE!]  (Read 155077 times)

Offline menuhin

Re: [IC] Sky Dolch - Phase 2
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 01:03:25 »

This looks real good.
But you are running the GB for Sky Dolch but not Dolch, right?
And there seems to be no GB for Dolch at the moment.

Can I get just the modifiers set?

RGBYO mods? you can, for 50usd i think

Where? I cannot find it on Originative's website.

Dolch (classic with white legends) is on my list, but the color palette of Sky Dolch overlaps with Hyperfuse and I am still debating.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Dyaems

Re: [IC] Sky Dolch - Phase 2 [NOW LIVE!]
« Reply #201 on: Tue, 08 November 2016, 01:30:04 »

This looks real good.
But you are running the GB for Sky Dolch but not Dolch, right?
And there seems to be no GB for Dolch at the moment.

Can I get just the modifiers set?

i think its still on preorder

https://www.originativeco.com/products/sky-dolch?variant=21266406661

RGBYO mods? you can, for 50usd i think

Where? I cannot find it on Originative's website.

Dolch (classic with white legends) is on my list, but the color palette of Sky Dolch overlaps with Hyperfuse and I am still debating.

B.face X2
  65g Zealios

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #202 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 18:32:31 »
I emailed originative and prices won't change for at least a month. Hurray for all of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please try to order by October 20.

I have to add a $3 paypal fee + $2 exchange rate fee to each item to compensate for the transfer rate. I under-estimated the currency.

How long until the first "real" price increase after that? I don't care about the $5 increase you are talking about, but I'd definitely want to order before anything drastical.

November 11 then mid-January.

The problem is that I have ordered over 250 sets, but over 100 sets has been occupied. I may have to change my order to get more from GMK, but it still might be limited between now and the time it comes in. I definitely want to keep enough to have for the store as well.

so... about those updated renders? i dont want to make a pre-order in the blind on this one. Any word from GMK yet? 2 days left before price increase, and we still dont know what the ad-on kits look like.

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #203 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 16:28:18 »
I emailed originative and prices won't change for at least a month. Hurray for all of us

I have to add a $3 paypal fee + $2 exchange rate fee to each item to compensate for the transfer rate. I under-estimated the currency.

How long until the first "real" price increase after that? I don't care about the $5 increase you are talking about, but I'd definitely want to order before anything drastical.

The problem is that I have ordered over 250 sets, but over 100 sets has been occupied. I may have to change my order to get more from GMK, but it still might be limited between now and the time it comes in. I definitely want to keep enough to have for the store as well.

so... about those updated renders? i dont want to make a pre-order in the blind on this one. Any word from GMK yet? 2 days left before price increase, and we still dont know what the ad-on kits look like.

Here's the last image :)

Offline poolside

« Reply #204 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 16:44:30 »
The magenta mod kit seems to be gone. Is it out of stock?

Edit: nevermind, I found it in the GB section of the store.  :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 November 2016, 16:46:49 by poolside »

Offline poolside

« Reply #205 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 18:34:54 »
Shift caps in the magenta mods kit render have MG1 legends whereas the description mentions CV legends. Have these finally been reverted to MG1?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #206 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 19:12:02 »

Show Image

what about these kits: Magenta Dolch, RGBYO Dolch, Miami Pack, Spacebar Kit

i see mockups for magenta and rgbyo, but i also remember seeing a post that there would be more keys included in the magenta kit than are shown in the mockup. i am interested to see what is in the miami kit also...
i have a v1 skydolch set. i am only interested in these add-on kits, but still need to see final renders before i will pre-order

Offline hillmu

« Reply #207 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 23:17:52 »

Show Image

Hi, Sherry. I want to know did u still miss some keys for 1800 layout, there should be 1u control*2 and 1u Alt*2, I can not find all of them.

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #208 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 23:47:33 »
Is the Miami pack still available for preorder? It is not selectable on the preorder page.
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #209 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 16:27:07 »
Is the Miami pack still available for preorder? It is not selectable on the preorder page.
It's on groupbuy page, check submenus 

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #210 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 16:32:04 »

still no mockup/renders. whats up, sher? with all that is going on with the reborn kits, i may just have to go that route b/c i have no idea what to expect from originative

Offline drkk

« Reply #211 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 13:40:03 »
Yea, looks like the price has jumped to $169. I was waiting on renders, looks like I missed out at the non-obscene price...

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #212 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 14:05:49 »

still no mockup/renders. whats up, sher? with all that is going on with the reborn kits, i may just have to go that route b/c i have no idea what to expect from originative

Render sent by GMK.

I do not have renders of the RGBYOD or Miami yet. The Sky dolch picture from above is the picture of the base.

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #213 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 17:58:51 »
I have no idea why this take months to get a layout picture, we don't need the exact render from GMK. The layout editor will simply do the work! Also I remember the price should jumped until January, confused.
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #214 on: Thu, 24 November 2016, 22:48:15 »
Can someone verify that the mods for this kit would match the alphas from the Miami Night reborn set in IC? TU2 and N9 are the color codes I believe. Trying to match Sky Dolch alphas with Hyperfuse mods and then Sky Dolch mods with the Miami Night alphas. Thanks!

Offline -musubi

• Spam rice 'n eggs
« Reply #215 on: Fri, 25 November 2016, 12:21:15 »
Hey Sherryton, what happened to the groupbuys tab on the website? It looks like all of them disappeared  :eek:

Offline Chazmondo

« Reply #216 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 14:04:47 »
Any update on this group buy? :). I've got Hydro coming and was just wondering when these would potentially arrive?

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #217 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 15:04:04 »
Any update on this group buy? :). I've got Hydro coming and was just wondering when these would potentially arrive?

buy page on originative says mid January
EM7 | Nunu | Salamander | RF84u | SS AEK64

Offline Chazmondo

« Reply #218 on: Tue, 27 December 2016, 18:37:05 »

buy page on originative says mid January

It's said mid January from the start. So did the Hydro buy, but we got status updates more frequently. Plus I think it's weird that this is still the the interest check subforum and not the group buy forum...

Offline Malenky

« Reply #219 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 20:17:19 »
Will we be able to buy just what round 1 was missing? Might have been answered, but 5 pages.

Offline codedisorg

« Reply #220 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 10:13:52 »
Yes, mostly. The magenta pack, Miami pack, and RGBY kits are here: https://www.originativeco.com/collections/group-buy

Any differences between the old base kit and the new base kit are not independent, you'd need to buy the new base kit.

Offline dk21291

[IC] Sky Dolch - Phase 2 [NOW LIVE!]
« Reply #221 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 14:56:39 »
So I tried to look through all the pages, but I'm still not clear what the Miami accent pack even looks like (apologies if I missed anything). I don't need a full fledged render, just want to know roughly what it is so I know weather to order or pass. Don't wanna miss out, but not keen on ordering without even knowing what it is.

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #222 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 15:10:09 »
So I tried to look through all the pages, but I'm still not clear what the Miami accent pack even looks like (apologies if I missed anything). I don't need a full fledged render, just want to know roughly what it is so I know weather to order or pass. Don't wanna miss out, but not keen on ordering without even knowing what it is.

From product page: Miami Pack (TU2 on MG1) - 7 keys

So, cyan legends on magenta base. :P

Image was stolen from one GSimon on GH and is of magenta GMK Cyan accent mods but I imagine the Miami Pack to be similar.
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 January 2017, 15:13:07 by Mr_BeastQuake »

Offline dk21291

[IC] Sky Dolch - Phase 2 [NOW LIVE!]
« Reply #223 on: Sat, 07 January 2017, 15:14:20 »

From product page: Miami Pack (TU2 on MG1) - 7 keys

So, cyan legends on magenta base. :P

Ah, didn't know the colors by their codes. Thanks for the tip, looks like I'll be grabbing this and the magenta kit to add to my sky dolch
« Last Edit: Sat, 07 January 2017, 20:41:44 by dk21291 »

Offline euclydian

« Reply #224 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 07:48:09 »
Mid Jan is here, any updates?

(Sorry, it's been a long few months)

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #225 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 10:20:18 »
There was an update last Friday (01/13) on kbdist  ;D

We had a chat with GMK last night, and they are still awaiting from their production team for the latest news for both Keyboard & Co. + the Sky Dolch.
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 13:20:41 »

We had a chat with GMK last night, and they are still awaiting from their production team for the latest news for both Keyboard & Co. + the Sky Dolch.

Not 100% sure what that update is saying. It hasn't be produced yet and they don't know when it will?

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #227 on: Mon, 16 January 2017, 22:40:11 »

Not 100% sure what that update is saying. It hasn't be produced yet and they don't know when it will?

i'm guessing this is about the renders we have long been waiting for?

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #228 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 07:14:27 »

I guess it means they haven't forgotten about us anyway  ;D
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR

Offline hillmu

« Reply #229 on: Tue, 17 January 2017, 22:36:18 »

I guess they are also guessing what GMK doing now.

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #230 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 20:28:41 »

I guess they are also guessing what GMK doing now.

Kinda gives the impression they haven't got a scooby doo =S. I don't quite get how the set was supposedly meant to be shipping now and originative haven't heard anything yet and GMK 'are still awaiting from their production team for the latest news'.

Quote from their site: 'This is a pre-order. The order will be submitted to GMK on October 18. The item will arrive on mid-January.'

I get that it's a group buy so I bought it fully expecting it do be delayed as 99% of group buys are. It would just be nice to get actual clear info like: sorry guys we/gmk/both of us messed up/ran into some issues, production is 50% complete, expect it in a month or something like that.

Sorry, hope this doesn't come across as a rant. I'm actually not that bothered and I have every faith it will come together in the not too distant future, I just don't get the point in not being straight and actually saying what the hold up/problem is.

Offline lolitslunchbox

« Reply #231 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 14:54:11 »
Appears that it is officially delayed according to the originativeco website. From what i can gather from the Kbdist update section, most of their orders get delayed so this doesn't seem out of the ordinary.

Note: This is a pre-order. The order will be submitted to GMK on October 18. The item will arrive on mid-January. ** currently delayed. Please check the news tab for updates (made when we get new information from GMK)

« Reply #232 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 17:27:09 »
Ah looks like they just stuck that up. Oh yeh all the orders get delayed, this isn't unusual and I'm not worried. I would just appreciate a bit more transparency, that's all really =S.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #233 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 00:36:31 »
Anyone wanting to get out of their pre-order?  :p
keyboards.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #234 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 08:35:04 »
This set disappeared from the oco site. Not even sold out, just gone.
keyboards.

Offline paulforgione

« Reply #235 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 12:20:10 »
Well, except for the slider on their homepage:  :))

158780-0

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #236 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 16:03:30 »
GMK Originative went off the website before it was shipped out to GB members.

It went back up after all order shipped out, the same thing could be happening now for Sky Dolch
EM7 | Nunu | Salamander | RF84u | SS AEK64

Offline lolitslunchbox

« Reply #237 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 17:45:35 »
GMK Originative went off the website before it was shipped out to GB members.

It went back up after all order shipped out, the same thing could be happening now for Sky Dolch

Unfortunately ALL of the group buy items on Originative have been removed, so it's hard to say if that's the case.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #238 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 21:40:22 »
A rep said the group buy items will return when in stock. Not in stock so they put a hault on preordering, probably to be safe and not oversell.
keyboards.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #239 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 17:03:52 »

'when your accent kit comes in and you don't have Sky Dolch yet or GMK, but you just say !*#$ it'
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 January 2017, 17:10:32 by dubious »

« Reply #240 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 17:07:05 »
'Hello everyone, we just got word from GMK that they're currently experiencing a "production overload" and that our sets will be delayed for at least another month. So, the ETA currently, will be early March for Sky Dolch and its add-ons.

As for the Keyboard & Co., we're currently waiting for the sample and once we get that, it'll be ready for production. So, this is also delayed for another month or so. We apologize for the delays. We understand that you've been patiently waiting and many are concerned. If you'd prefer not to wait, you may cancel your order and email us at contact@originativeco.com.'

http://www.kbdist.com/updates/2017/1/30/gmk-group-buys-sky-dolch-keyboardco-and-add-ons

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #241 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 17:12:45 »
'Hello everyone, we just got word from GMK that they're currently experiencing a "production overload" and that our sets will be delayed for at least another month. So, the ETA currently, will be early March for Sky Dolch and its add-ons.

As for the Keyboard & Co., we're currently waiting for the sample and once we get that, it'll be ready for production. So, this is also delayed for another month or so. We apologize for the delays. We understand that you've been patiently waiting and many are concerned. If you'd prefer not to wait, you may cancel your order and email us at contact@originativeco.com.'

http://www.kbdist.com/updates/2017/1/30/gmk-group-buys-sky-dolch-keyboardco-and-add-ons

Sigh

« Reply #242 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 17:15:38 »

Sigh

My thoughts exactly...

Offline sherryton

• Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #243 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 17:24:26 »
A rep said the group buy items will return when in stock. Not in stock so they put a hault on preordering, probably to be safe and not oversell.

We took it off to hold pre-orders for now. Many people are continuously ordering in-stock with pre-order item. It'd be much easier to just the 'in stock' items right now.

Sky Dolch looks like it's coming in March while Honeywell is still on the right timeline.

IMO, I think they saw it would be easier to add the other person's order to ours. It would save cost. It's just a possible theory, but I have no idea why it should take this long. All of the other items have been delivered to us 1~2 weeks early. Maybe there's just too many orders (gmk penumbra?)...  (:
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 January 2017, 17:26:39 by sherryton »

Offline gadzkun

« Reply #244 on: Mon, 30 January 2017, 17:29:12 »

We took it off to hold pre-orders for now. Many people are continuously ordering in-stock with pre-order item. It'd be much easier to just the 'in stock' items right now.

Sky Dolch looks like it's coming in March while Honeywell is still on the right timeline.

IMO, I think they saw it would be easier to add the other person's order to ours. It would save cost. It's just a possible theory, but I have no idea why it should take this long. All of the other items have been delivered to us 1~2 weeks early. Maybe there's just too many orders (gmk penumbra?)...  (:

stop teasing with these GMK penumbra thing(I NEED IT) :p
i forgot to add RGYdolch addon, can i still get it xD

btw sherry i cant post a reply in your vendor thread, what hyperfuse will arrive in april? is it hyperfuse SA? or GMK? ;)
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 January 2017, 17:49:38 by gadzkun »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #245 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 11:22:28 »
i have a SkyDolch V1 kit, and i am wondering if the V2 kit has 1800 compatibility? or if there is an adapter kit out there somewhere that supports it?

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 11:31:31 »
i have a SkyDolch V1 kit, and i am wondering if the V2 kit has 1800 compatibility? or if there is an adapter kit out there somewhere that supports it?

It does indeed have 1800 compatibility. No adapter "kit" as far I know.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #247 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 11:42:53 »

It does indeed have 1800 compatibility. No adapter "kit" as far I know.

damn, so i need to sell my V1 kit and buy a V2 kit??   Sherryton, there has to be a better solution for me

Offline Malenky

« Reply #248 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 18:50:48 »
Is it really not possible to have a kit that includes just the things the first run was missing? Personally I'd love some scooped F and J keys.

Offline lolitslunchbox

« Reply #249 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 23:03:48 »
It's March!
Anyday now  :D