Author Topic: KEYCAPS GREAT FINDS  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
KEYCAPS GREAT FINDS
« on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 09:49:36 »
Hello!

For those of you that knows me into this forum, i'm all about keycaps. That being said, i really like the great finds subforum, but most of that stuff is utter useless for what i am looking for.

I damn know most of you as well just want some sweet novelties or some nice keycap sets. That being said, if this thread gets pinned and people post their keycaps finding in here, we'll all get the notification in watched.

Don't forget about that nice keycap site list we have here : http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45672.0

This thread will hold temporary great keycaps set and findings, aka group buys or eBay listings. for anything more "permanent", post it into the keycap site list instead!

Don't get me wrong i am also do this for myself, since all i want is the most pimped out Poker II in the entire world. :D

TL;DR : Post keycaps great finds here instead of opening a new thread every time just so keycap interested gets the watched notif.

Thanks.
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Kayla

• :3
Re: KEYCAPS GREAT FINDS
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 10:05:45 »

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 10:52:13 »
Wouldn't it make more sense to put a pinned topic in the keycaps subforum?   
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 11:00:41 »
Wouldn't it make more sense to put a pinned topic in the keycaps subforum?

Well yes and no, because in the keycap subforum it's not about findings, aka limited time offers or single items or rare stuff, it's more about keycaps selling websites like mechanicalkeyboards.com or something, which sells all year long the same sets being produced multiple times.

In here it's more or less sets that are being sold on eBay or on Massdrop, limited time offers and stuff. Cause most of us who are looking for keycap sets won't go through all of the great finds subforums, therefore it's better to make em all in a single thread in my honest opinion.

What do you say? else we could include this thread in BOTH subforums, if that's possible?

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline E TwentyNine

• Some of My Keyboards
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 11:05:50 »
What I'm saying is pinning a topic in great finds that only applies to a specific subset of interests doesn't seem appropriate to me.

Having a dedicated thread does make sense, just not pinned.  Maybe you could pin a topic in the keycaps subforum that points to the dedicated thread in great finds and tell people to set watch/notify on it to keep up on new deals.
Daily driver: SSK or Tenkeyless IBM AT
1984 Model M Industrial Prototype ⌨ 1992 Black Oval Industrial SSK ⌨ 1982 5251 Beam Spring ⌨ 89 Key "SSK" ⌨ M13 triplets

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 11:58:08 »
frankly, this is dumb, usually great finds isn't flooded with posts that checking the subforum really quickly is enough to find everything

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 13:32:37 »
frankly, this is dumb, usually great finds isn't flooded with posts that checking the subforum really quickly is enough to find everything

OK THEN THIS IS DUMB I GET THE POINT

NOW OK JUST GET ME A NICE SET OF KEYCAPS AND I'LL DELETE THIS THREAD OK

GODDAMMIT MY FEELINGS ARE CRYING I NOW WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP

WHY IS THE INTERNET SO MEAN TO ME NOWADAY

:sob:

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 22:04:23 »

Hey if it's worth anything to you I appreciate what you've done here, so good work for doing it  :thumb: .

I know some others lack that distinct ability to give praise to someone who even bothers to simplify contact links directly to various sites on the net - to fulfill their keyboard cravings.

Not everyone here is going to be completely nasty towards you, just some ingrates and morons who contribute nothing at all here on Geekhack need to keep their attitudes in check.  I always thought how funny the whole internet game is because everyone can get nasty and know there are no immediate repercussions.

In any real-life situation if anyone speaks to me like they do here on this forum, sure enough their nose gets pushed right back into their skull.  The glory of true human interaction can never be surpassed by this lame internet.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 June 2014, 22:08:46 by Elrick »

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 08:23:59 »

Hey if it's worth anything to you I appreciate what you've done here, so good work for doing it  :thumb: .

I know some others lack that distinct ability to give praise to someone who even bothers to simplify contact links directly to various sites on the net - to fulfill their keyboard cravings.

Not everyone here is going to be completely nasty towards you, just some ingrates and morons who contribute nothing at all here on Geekhack need to keep their attitudes in check.  I always thought how funny the whole internet game is because everyone can get nasty and know there are no immediate repercussions.

In any real-life situation if anyone speaks to me like they do here on this forum, sure enough their nose gets pushed right back into their skull.  The glory of true human interaction can never be surpassed by this lame internet.

hahaha lol yeah, grealy appreciated thanks.

But you know, i was just kidding about the caps part. I don't really mind if my ideas don't get accepted after all, because you know, i'm only proposing stuff. Doesn't matter if it actually becomes part of the forum, at least i tried to make it a better place. I usually use the current system until i feel like something better could take it's current place, then i submit an idea. I just think "great finds" is too large of a theme to really be used at its full potential, cause i frankly don't give a flying p00p about keyboards or cable or stabilizer or lube or hoes great find, all i want in here is keycaps.

Because keycaps man.

Mother****in' $w@g board allday errday pimpin' keycaps dude.

uknowatimsayin'?

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 08:28:24 »
Don't consider pacifist's scorn as representative of the community. He would have been voted off the island long ago were that possible.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 08:31:43 »
Don't consider pacifist's scorn as representative of the community. He would have been voted off the island long ago were that possible.

^very true^

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 25 June 2014, 14:14:10 »
But he's nice just a little over reacting.

I'm pretty sure he's a nice party guy.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX