Author Topic: Alps Appreciation Thread  (Read 2458349 times)

Offline graefeln

Re: Alps Appreciation Thread
« Reply #5800 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 22:06:24 »
What proxy did you all go through? Most I have looked up have 0 results for 'AEK' or 'Apple AEK' searches. Maybe I'm just going about it wrong?

I posted a link earlier, but try searching for "Apple Extended Keyboard" and not an abbreviation. Usually when I look there are at least a couple auctions up.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #5801 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 22:11:05 »
Oh shoot I was just on that one. Thanks! Yeah I realize that shipping will be the majority of the cost. Shipping from JP all the way across the US...
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #5802 on: Thu, 26 October 2017, 08:59:59 »
What proxy did you all go through? Most I have looked up have 0 results for 'AEK' or 'Apple AEK' searches. Maybe I'm just going about it wrong?
Try Apple Extended Keyboard, and proxy buyee.jp

edit: Sorry, tapatalk worked strange, not showing latest posts
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 October 2017, 09:05:18 by Damonskv »

Offline E3E

« Reply #5803 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 11:20:06 »

This board never fails to make me happy.  ^-^

I've since used SGI caps (over Acer 6011) to fill out some of the mods that the spherical set does not provide for, and I also stem swapped an NMB space bar in place of the trimmed space bar from the original C.Itoh keyset.

The NMB space bar is PBT, and weird as it is, it actually really fits the C.Itoh profile incredibly well. I was just looking at a space invader board one day and noticed how similar the curve and corners were on the bar.

So, I took it upon myself to do a stem swap and put the bar onto my Mira so I could have a full PBT set free from yellowing. It's great. :D

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5804 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 14:22:28 »
Show Image

I've since used SGI caps (over Acer 6011) to fill out some of the mods that the spherical set does not provide for, and I also stem swapped an NMB space bar in place of the trimmed space bar from the original C.Itoh keyset.

The NMB space bar is PBT, and weird as it is, it actually really fits the C.Itoh profile incredibly well. I was just looking at a space invader board one day and noticed how similar the curve and corners were on the bar.

So, I took it upon myself to do a stem swap and put the bar onto my Mira so I could have a full PBT set free from yellowing. It's great. :D

That's a beautiful case! I'm really itching to build another alps board, and I'm leaning towards TKL. Just need to find a pcb/aluminum case combo. Any suggestions?
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #5805 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 14:39:10 »
Show Image

That's a beautiful case! I'm really itching to build another alps board, and I'm leaning towards TKL. Just need to find a pcb/aluminum case combo. Any suggestions?

ninjadoc is planning on getting alps plates made for the Mira gb going on right now. I don't think he's gonna be providing pcbs but you can source those from kin or leeku
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 October 2017, 14:45:13 by loud_asian »
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #5806 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 16:23:36 »
Built the first of my Alps64 boards: AEK60.

Alps64 PCB, SKCM Orange Alps (stripped, ultrasonic cleaned and dry-lubed; 70cN springs, 85cN space), stainless steel AEK plate, high profile alu case w/ stainless weight and sound dampening, AEK caps (ultrasonic cleaned) and stabs.

Build album: https://imgur.com/a/9wR77

It types sooo nice  :cool:
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline E3E

« Reply #5807 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 16:58:16 »

You could always take a look at the Time TKL made by senter of Fox Lab. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91625.0

Its PCB comes with native Alps support, along with MX support, and you won't have to wait decades for it (his Fox TKL was one of the quickest custom GBs out there). :)

You could even make a backlit build since the PCB has dual support, if you were inclined to go through all the effort needed for that using SKCL housings that is. Matias would be simpler.

No reason to go for the Mira when this will knock everything out in one go and be much quicker.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 October 2017, 17:01:19 by E3E »

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5808 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 21:57:13 »

Alps64 PCB, SKCM Orange Alps (stripped, ultrasonic cleaned and dry-lubed; 70cN springs, 85cN space), stainless steel AEK plate, high profile alu case w/ stainless weight and sound dampening, AEK caps (ultrasonic cleaned) and stabs.

Show Image

What are the springs from
keyboards.

Offline E3E

« Reply #5809 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 22:13:31 »

Show Image

Sprit sells aftermarket springs

Offline poi_themachine

« Reply #5810 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 22:37:51 »
Can someone help me with the font used in these keyboards?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Offline E3E

« Reply #5811 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 23:35:22 »

What keyboards?

Most use helvetica. I think the SGI uses an oblique futura font. AEK/Apple boards use Univers 57.

Offline poi_themachine

« Reply #5812 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 00:44:51 »

What keyboards?

Most use helvetica. I think the SGI uses an oblique futura font. AEK/Apple boards use Univers 57.
Wanted to know the apple ones. Thank you.

Offline E3E

« Reply #5813 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 01:05:00 »
]Wanted to know the apple ones. Thank you.

No problem  :thumb:

Offline smithyithy

• a l p s
« Reply #5814 on: Tue, 31 October 2017, 07:26:57 »

Sprit sells aftermarket springs

Yep, Sprit Springs. There was a little groupbuy on the MK-UK Discord where someone ordered a bunch of parts from Sprit, so I grabbed some Alps springs.

I think you can order from his site here: https://spritdesign.wixsite.com/sprit/products

On about the fonts - I love the AEK caps and font, they look so nice IMO
KBD75; Alps64 trio; some other stuff

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #5815 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 19:58:52 »
Sneak peak of my new project :)
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline dante

« Reply #5816 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 07:39:47 »
Have any of you been following dotdash32 on r/mk?  Check this out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/7b82w5/alps_to_mx_adapter_is_working/

This isn't the same adapter that has been floating around Deskthority.  This is more like a replacement stem that sits inside the switch.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5817 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 08:39:18 »
Have any of you been following dotdash32 on r/mk?  Check this out:

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/7b82w5/alps_to_mx_adapter_is_working/

This isn't the same adapter that has been floating around Deskthority.  This is more like a replacement stem that sits inside the switch.

I really wonder how much that impacts the feel. I also feel like it ruins the integrity of the switch. If I have some blues, I want to show off the OG blue stem!

Offline E3E

« Reply #5818 on: Tue, 07 November 2017, 12:43:48 »
I've tested MX cap stems with original Alps switches, that is SKCM and SKCL, and it does not fit into the switch due to the width and height of the opening for the slider.

Matias switches have looser tolerances so I guess the stem fits fine there.

I'm with you too though _rubik. I'm not a fan of mixing switch families like MX/Alps/Topre together. It does take away some of the charm of it.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #5819 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 21:52:59 »
First Alps board on the way soon, just got this guy NIB after being sealed away.

181959-0

Complicated Whites I think? Board is from 1990 so hopefully an earlier iteration of the switch.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5820 on: Fri, 10 November 2017, 22:35:48 »
First Alps board on the way soon, just got this guy NIB after being sealed away.

(Attachment Link)

Complicated Whites I think? Board is from 1990 so hopefully an earlier iteration of the switch.

I've seen that concept batted around with modern implementations. Let us know if its fully functional!

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #5821 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 20:58:06 »
So a while back I came across a Siig MiniTouch, but unfortunately, it did not have the alps clone blue monterey switches. Instead it had the ivory colored alps clone switch, and they were far too stiff for me.

I really liked the layout so I was determined to make the board work, so I put my AEK to use which was too large for me to use comfortably, which has orange alps.

This is the result:
182021-0

Feels wonderful and the sound is amazing. Probably the best sounding tactile keyboard I own.

However, I did have one snag, which you can probably notice if you look closely at the picture. The original board had yellow colored switches for the top row which had a limited actuation distance. I thought it was stupid, until I tried sticking the small caps on the top row of oranges... I cannot seat the caps fully because the switch can actuate too far. Any suggestions? The best I can come up with is seating the cap with the switch disassembled, but there has to be a better way I am not thinking of...

Still debating moving over the aek's alphanumeric caps, but I think it would look too strange.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 November 2017, 21:03:12 by rich1051414 »
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5822 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 10:25:59 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 00:22:03 by alienman82 »

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #5823 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 11:10:41 »
Well, I guess i better like alps. got an SGI granite otw now too  :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank:

Offline E3E

« Reply #5824 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 12:23:35 »
aren't the top row switches usually something smaller?  I'm surprised you were able to fit full size orange alps up there.

On that note, can those keys even fully bottom out? It doesn't look like the caps can clear the housings properly, but I could be wrong.

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #5825 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 13:04:14 »
Well, I guess i better like alps. got an SGI granite otw now too  :blank: :blank: :blank: :blank:

I've got another SGI on the way as well:) Theres a lot to love. Nice layout, construction, switches, style, caps... The dampening mechanism, feel and sound vs mtsqc was really awesome to me. There is a very noticeable difference between the most and least used of cream damped switches. You're in for some fun between that and the switchboard. NOS/NIB alps things are a treat

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #5826 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 13:06:13 »

I've got another SGI on the way as well:) Theres a lot to love. Nice layout, construction, switches, style, caps... The dampening mechanism, feel and sound vs mtsqc was really awesome to me. There is a very noticeable difference between the most and least used of cream damped switches. You're in for some fun between that and the switchboard. NOS/NIB alps things are a treat

I actually want to swap the granite over to Complicated Blues, but i have no clue if it's possible. Also want to swap the green LEDs to blue. Prolly in my top 5 of best looking KBs, so i wanna make it special.

Offline waldorf120

• My keyboard never leaves me bored
« Reply #5827 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 13:50:33 »
aren't the top row switches usually something smaller?  I'm surprised you were able to fit full size orange alps up there.

On that note, can those keys even fully bottom out? It doesn't look like the caps can clear the housings properly, but I could be wrong.

The top row caps sit on top of the switch, they never clear the housing.  Source: I have one of these (Siig Minitouch).  That being said, I can't type fast than 40 wpm on this thing without keypresses getting skipped, so it's pretty much useless.  My model has the ivory four tab clones.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 November 2017, 13:54:51 by waldorf120 »

Offline waldorf120

• My keyboard never leaves me bored
« Reply #5828 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 13:54:22 »
And while I'm here, check out my latest Alps build - an XD75AM from Aliexpress!  Love this thing, although my typing speed on ortholinears is abysmal.  Never was much of an RGB guy, but the colors look perfect in the clear plastic case.

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #5829 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 14:29:41 »

I actually want to swap the granite over to Complicated Blues, but i have no clue if it's possible. Also want to swap the green LEDs to blue. Prolly in my top 5 of best looking KBs, so i wanna make it special.

Oh, its definitely doable. That sounds really good! I have similar plans but am wanting to try out some linear alps this time around!

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #5830 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 02:04:17 »
The originals were full sized as well.

HOWEVER, there was a problem.

The originals used limited actuation variants, the base of the switch had plastic tabs that prevented the slider from fully actuating. Originally I thought it was a 'stupid' feature because it made the switch throw too short and felt like garbage. However, after swapping them for oranges, I realized why they did it. It is impossible to fully seat the half caps on an original bodied alps because they can actuate too far, and the top of the switch housing prevents you from pushing down the cap far enough. However, with a bit of force and tapping with a screwdriver, I got them to seat well enough :)

The siig minitouch with oranges is actually heaven to type on, but I expected that. What I didn't expect is how they sound. Creamy goodness.

The top row caps sit on top of the switch, they never clear the housing.  Source: I have one of these (Siig Minitouch).  That being said, I can't type fast than 40 wpm on this thing without keypresses getting skipped, so it's pretty much useless.  My model has the ivory four tab clones.
I think I hit you up on reddit already. Basically, I think the issue is either the extreme stiffness of the ivory clone switches, or your PS/2 to USB adapter, or perhaps a bit of both. I haven't had such issues since changing them to oranges.

Edit: Oh and I also left the space bar, the escape key, the caps lock key, and the enter key the ivory switch, but I may swap the enter key for orange alps too, because that key isn't stabilized enough and is far too heavy with the original switch installed. I really love the sound of the ivory switch, and it is a shame they are borderline unusable because of the extreme amount of force to begin actuating the keys. At least it serves a good purpose for making the caps lock and escape key accident proof.
« Last Edit: Tue, 14 November 2017, 02:20:15 by rich1051414 »
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline Mahm

« Reply #5831 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 13:57:33 »
Best way to convert a Leading Edge DC-2014? Hearing conflicting thought in regards to using a Soarer's converter.

I would prefer an option that doesn't require soldering.

Thanks in advance!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5832 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 14:05:42 »
Soarer revised his firmware in its last iteration to accommodate the Leading Edge. You have to connect the 5th wire to the "Reset" pin on the Teensy.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Mahm

« Reply #5833 on: Tue, 14 November 2017, 14:13:41 »
Soarer revised his firmware in its last iteration to accommodate the Leading Edge. You have to connect the 5th wire to the "Reset" pin on the Teensy.

So regardless I would have to solder the wire to the teensy? No way to go without soldering eh, even with a Hagstrom converter or something?

Thanks for the quick response!

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5834 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 09:53:55 »
Do ultrasonic cleaners truly make that much of a difference? If so, will any cheap one work? I'm  assuming this isn't a jewelry grade ordeal.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5835 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 10:19:28 »

So regardless I would have to solder the wire to the teensy? No way to go without soldering eh, even with a Hagstrom converter or something?

You could ask Orihalcon how he builds his converter cables, he might have that 5th wire connected, I don't know.

The only Hagstrom I ever had was 6-8 years ago, for an IBM XT, and I know that they have changed it since then.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #5836 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 10:42:05 »
Do ultrasonic cleaners truly make that much of a difference? If so, will any cheap one work? I'm  assuming this isn't a jewelry grade ordeal.

I definitely think they do make a difference. I ordered this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0142G8ONC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and it seems to have worked great.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #5837 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 11:58:18 »
How does one ultrasonically clean switches? Do they need to be disassembled? Could switches that cannot be disassembled be ultrasonically cleaned, perhaps with alcohol added to the solution?

I would love to try to clean my futaba ma switches as well as my NEC blue ovals.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5838 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 12:57:53 »
How does one ultrasonically clean switches? Do they need to be disassembled? Could switches that cannot be disassembled be ultrasonically cleaned, perhaps with alcohol added to the solution?

I would love to try to clean my futaba ma switches as well as my NEC blue ovals.

I might not be the best one to answer your question, but yeah you disassemble the switch and place the housing and stem (all the plastic bits in). I don't know of many switches that cant at least have the stem removed.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #5839 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 13:00:06 »
Got my granite today, but neither control key works  :'(

otherwise super solid, and the switches feel pretty nice.

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #5840 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 14:03:26 »

I might not be the best one to answer your question, but yeah you disassemble the switch and place the housing and stem (all the plastic bits in). I don't know of many switches that cant at least have the stem removed.
I named two.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #5841 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 15:59:12 »

How does one do it? Simple.

Disassemble switches into all their constituent components, remove the spring and tactile plate and contact plate, then place the upper housing, lower housing and slider into the cleaner, pour in ultrasonic cleaning fluid and let it do its thing. Some people prefer grouping all the sliders together into one batch and housing components into another batch, really up to you.
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #5842 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 20:25:24 »

I named two.

I would love for someone to put together a definitive thread of info on the whole ultrasonic cleaning aspects and results. Theres a lot of speculation surrounding them and what they can and cannot do to help clean switch components. 
-Dana

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #5843 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 02:56:47 »

I named two.

I would love for someone to put together a definitive thread of info on the whole ultrasonic cleaning aspects and results. Theres a lot of speculation surrounding them and what they can and cannot do to help clean switch components.

Yeah, same here. The thing is, one doesn't NEED an ultrasonic cleaner to clean switches which can be disassembled, it just makes things easier. However, if ultrasonic cleaners could be used to penetrate and clean permanently sealed switches, that would be a game changer. But alas, I can't find much information on this. I assume if one were to do it, they would need to use a solution that evaporates quickly at room temp. Oh, and not one known to be a plastic solvent either, like acetone :P The problem with NEC blue ovals is the way the switch is designed, things can get in the stem compartment, but then can't get out again, cause they get stuck in the clicker compartment or the switch plate compartment, so evaporation would be the only way to expel the liquid used in ultrasonic cleaning.

The switches would still need desoldering though. (I said shivering) The last one I desoldered(AEK with orange alps) had some kind of pcb coating, and the soldering iron burned the coating which smelled of dead rat. You know the smell if you left a mouse in a mouse trap too long. I smelled that god awful smell the rest of the day xD  Hopefully whatever chemical used on that PCB is rare.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 November 2017, 03:11:01 by rich1051414 »

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #5844 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 04:47:06 »
Hey everyone, this thread is a superb gem, thanks for it. Owners of a Alps64, which case did you guys use? Pics are very welcome. Also any opinions on how does Alps feel with plastic and wooden cases?
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 November 2017, 04:56:37 by Marvellion »

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #5845 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 06:59:56 »
Hey everyone, this thread is a superb gem, thanks for it. Owners of a Alps64, which case did you guys use? Pics are very welcome. Also any opinions on how does Alps feel with plastic and wooden cases?
I think alps sounds best on a steel plate and in a plastic body. I would guess the same could be said about wooden as well.

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #5846 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 08:52:50 »
I named two.

I don't know of many many switches that cant at least have the stem removed.

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #5847 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 11:53:49 »
Stop making this hard than it has to be, if you can disassemble the switch, you can put drop it in the ultrasonic cleaner with something like mild soap or denture tabs. If not, you are out of luck and need to figure something else out.

Regarding ALPS SWITCHES, the most important parts to clean are the tops and sliders. This means the bases + switchplates can stay soldered in so just shake the keyboard upside down and blow any dust out with compressed air. If the tops are bamboo (without slits), try to replace them with the pine variant. Some people clean the springs and leaves but I have never seen the need.

The SGI Bigfoot series has a nice case and keycaps (if you can tolerate the font) but I can't say any of the switch varieties it was fitted with are very redeeming. Good for base for switch swaps though. 

Almost all 60% cases currently offered are tray mount so there isn't going vary too much in terms of feel. The choice of plate and case material is going to change the sound more than anything else.
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 November 2017, 11:59:33 by MandrewDavis »
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #5848 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 11:55:21 »

The SGI Bigfoot series has a nice case and keycaps (if you can tolerate the font) but I can't say any of the switch varieties it was fitted with are very redeeming. Good for base for switch swaps though.

Yeah, would like to swap the creams out of this one, they are a little mushy.

Offline DALExSNAIL

• * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #5849 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 12:35:58 »
Got the Switchboard in, but no luck at all getting it to work  :(

Lights up and everything, but no response from any keystroke. Tried both IBM modes with the dipswitches with no change.

Will update if i figure something out.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 November 2017, 12:37:38 by DudeSnail »