Author Topic: TODAY'S WEATHER  (Read 34252 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: TODAY'S WEATHER
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 03:40:24 »
Show Image

Honestly, unless you're naked in every picture you post I will no longer be satisfied.
actually i'm drinking naked on this picture.

YOU'RE A BEAR. OH MAN.

Offline iri

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 12 December 2013, 05:29:36 »
Show Image

Honestly, unless you're naked in every picture you post I will no longer be satisfied.
actually i'm drinking naked on this picture.

YOU'RE A BEAR. OH MAN.
of course i am. don't you see me smiling on my avatar?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 04:01:31 »
Today's weather: it pretty much reached the forecast top of 43 degrees, with a low of 28 coming up overnight tonight.

Currently it is about 36 degrees outside, and 35 degrees where I am inside.

We have one air-conditioner in the lounge room.  I am not in the lounge room.

The next few days: 41 degrees Wednesday, 41 Thursday, 42 Friday.

There are all degrees C.  Convert it to another scale as you wish, I don't want to, it is too depressing.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 04:37:06 »
Today's weather: it pretty much reached the forecast top of 43 degrees, with a low of 28 coming up overnight tonight.

There are all degrees C.  Convert it to another scale as you wish, I don't want to, it is too depressing.

You're getting the heatwave we've just had, parts of the Pilbara hit 55 Celsius and Perth was the hottest city in the world last week!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline iri

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 06:45:30 »
it is still better than -50.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 07:44:53 »

You're getting the heatwave we've just had, parts of the Pilbara hit 55 Celsius and Perth was the hottest city in the world last week!

Thanks for sending it over :p

Now I totally can't sleep, still 34 degrees :(

And I'm sweating like a pig.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 09:01:30 »
last forever: cold
this forever: cold
next forever: cold
welcome to the norwegian west coast mother****er
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline deSheol

• Thorpe
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 09:34:16 »
It was 43 here in Melbourne.

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 09:36:25 »
Still Normal :)
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline audioave10

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 11:12:37 »
central part of the US...8c - cool, but not bad for winter
DECK Legend "Toxic" - SOLD
96 IBM Model M 82G2383- 95 IBM Model M 92G7453 - SOLD
Cherry G80-3000/Blues
new: MechanicalEagle Z77 RGB/Blues

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #60 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 13:10:41 »
-50?

55C?

All this sounds awful.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #61 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 13:16:17 »
-50?

55C?

All this sounds awful.

Floods?

Droughts?

This does indeed sound awful.

Offline iri

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 14 January 2014, 15:51:27 »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 01:16:12 »
Lots of lightning and bushfires last night, and just drove past a weather sign on the way home from work, 52 Degrees Celcius at the moment apparently (125F). 
Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 01:23:41 »
-50?

55C?

All this sounds awful.

Floods?

Droughts?

This does indeed sound awful.

Yeah the hills area in Perth just got wiped out from bushfires, so many people have lost their homes.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline Rendom

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 01:39:41 »
It was 44 today, and there was a lot of lightning yesterday night. What's going on?  :eek:
QFR - MX Blue

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 01:44:41 »
It was 44 today, and there was a lot of lightning yesterday night. What's going on?  :eek:

Nothing to do with climate change, God is just angry.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 02:32:57 »
A week ago it was 50 below 0 F but right now its only 6 below 0 F :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 02:53:16 »
The biggest problem is no cool change overnight.  There is supposed to be one Friday night, but we've got tonight, Thursday, Thursday night and all of Friday to suffer through yet.

Growing up in Adelaide everyone said Melbourne is always cold and wet.  So I move over here and there is a decade of drought and water restrictions, and now these silly temperatures.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 02:54:27 »
The biggest problem is no cool change overnight.  There is supposed to be one Friday night, but we've got tonight, Thursday, Thursday night and all of Friday to suffer through yet.

Growing up in Adelaide everyone said Melbourne is always cold and wet.  So I move over here and there is a decade of drought and water restrictions, and now these silly temperatures.

Ive got a friend in Melbourne and she said its super hot right now.. :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 03:08:18 »
About 32 degrees outside where I am, but still 35 indoors.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 03:24:59 »

Oh ok so about 90 F yeah thats hot.  Super dry too right? ;x

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 03:30:22 »

Oh ok so about 90 F yeah thats hot.  Super dry too right? ;x

Nope - humid.

Offline iri

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 06:09:34 »
no air conditioner in australia seems pretty bad

-Ray Bradbury

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 06:49:38 »
no air conditioner in australia seems pretty bad

Yeah I won't rent a place that doesn't have aircon, summer is unbearable otherwise.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 18:36:05 »
We have A/C but only in the lounge room.

Melbourne, see, has always been cold and wet.  We have ducted heating in all rooms, but A/C?  In Melbourne?!?

Need it these days though.

I have a portable A/C unit, but I need to work out how to get the heat outlet pipe outside.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 15 January 2014, 23:54:53 »
A week ago it was 50 below 0 F but right now its only 6 below 0 F :P

Really?  It feels much warmer, something like 20 or so.  Huh.  And Monday was a heat wave, wasn't it up to 30 or so?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 16 January 2014, 03:12:39 »
37 inside and 37 outside atm, around the time I open the windows as it doesn't make much difference.

29 forecast for overnight, then one more day of 44 then the cool change hits!

After that we have 19 forecast for Friday night and 23 for Saturday :)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 00:43:30 »
I hate the whole doge meme, but this made me smile:
http://www.dogeweather.com/

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 01:19:27 »
I hate the whole doge meme, but this made me smile:
http://www.dogeweather.com/

Lol, that's pretty good :)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 03:06:48 »
37 inside and 37 outside atm, around the time I open the windows as it doesn't make much difference.

Oh Rowdy, sometimes we enjoy 55C / 131F where I work.  Sometimes it gets so hot my pair of thongs just melt under my feet.  Needless to say we all wear our work boots everywhere here - even in the bathroom (concrete floor).

The glory of living in pure HELL  ;D .  I think I'm ready when my time comes.........

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 03:11:19 »

Oh Rowdy, sometimes we enjoy 55C / 131F where I work.  Sometimes it gets so hot my pair of thongs just melt under my feet.  Needless to say we all wear our work boots everywhere here - even in the bathroom (concrete floor).

The glory of living in pure HELL  ;D .  I think I'm ready when my time comes.........

That's hot.

This is cold and wet Melbourne, that's just come out of a 10 year drought, and had like 34 degrees today (still 33 degrees at 8pm) and got 39 tomorrow and again on Sunday.

At least growing up in Adelaide everyone used to say that Melbourne was cold and wet.

Maybe it was a lie.

Maybe all these years Melbourne really was hot and dry.

But no, my other half has lived here all her life, and she says it did used to be cold and wet.  Like maximum 30 degrees in the hottest summer, and raining all winter, which would suit me fine.

Offline iri

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 03:23:16 »
But no, my other half has lived here all her life, and she says it did used to be cold and wet.  Like maximum 30 degrees in the hottest summer, and raining all winter, which would suit me fine.
i used to think that "cold and wet climate" is about reykjavik or something...

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 03:39:05 »
This is cold and wet Melbourne, that's just come out of a 10 year drought, and had like 34 degrees today (still 33 degrees at 8pm) and got 39 tomorrow and again on Sunday.

How I wish we had 38 or 39 for a few days just to lesson the heat a little.  If it dropped down to 33 or less I think I'll go into instant shock or maybe fool myself into thinking that HELL does freeze over for a short while  ;D .

Once you get use to the heat, very strange feeling when it starts to drop temp fast.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 27 January 2014, 03:40:09 »
i used to think that "cold and wet climate" is about reykjavik or something...

LOL not in Australia!

Offline luminor

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 10:07:47 »
nice and cool tonight in Melbourne

Offline spuriousgeorge

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 12:24:43 »
Drizzy, cold; just went for a walk, and it's cold enough where the rain is freezing into ice on the sidewalk, so you've got to be careful.

Offline spuriousgeorge

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 29 January 2014, 12:25:57 »
Sorry, meant to say drizzly. My post was only inadvertently about Drake.

Offline iri

« Reply #88 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 00:37:03 »
just like it should be.
-21°C
Feels Like: -30°

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #89 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 00:59:30 »
26.5°C here, feels like 23.5°C.

The next week or so is another mini heat wave - temperatures forecast up to 41°C, although there are a couple of days just under 30°C.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #90 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 15:26:33 »

Frickin foot of snow.. Had a hell of a time plowing the driveway but got it done. Roads aren't plowed yet but my truck made it through fine. The civic didn't budge though.

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #91 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 16:03:48 »

Frickin foot of snow.. Had a hell of a time plowing the driveway but got it done. Roads aren't plowed yet but my truck made it through fine. The civic didn't budge though.

This one's from New York, Buffalo I think.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/77271898@N02/11943954553/in/photostream/
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 January 2014, 16:08:35 by Tarzan »

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 17:13:48 »
And while I am gumming up the off-topic forum, here is another post.  It will dip back down into the negatives next week, and it might snow.  Unprecedented winter for central Indiana.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 January 2014, 17:21:30 by prdlm2009 »
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 30 January 2014, 19:58:33 »

Here in Florida I pulled out with some heavy rain and that's about it...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #94 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 02:50:40 »
Petrichor :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #95 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 03:14:38 »
Rain (well, light shower), thunder and lightning now.

Offline iri

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 15 March 2014, 03:20:24 »
light snow.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline hoggy

• * Ergonomics Moderator
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 06:34:37 »
Sunny!  Yay!
GH Ergonomic Guide (in progress)
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54680.0

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 16:28:37 »
7C this morning, light mist of rain in the city.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #99 on: Sun, 23 March 2014, 16:30:54 »
52°, clear and sunny, and it hasn't rained in almost a week... IN SEATTLE!  :eek: