geekhack Community > New Members

Howdy from Bikerdan

(1/2) > >>

bikerdan:
Hi.  My name is Bikerdan, and I use a membrane keyboard...  I used to think I liked it.  Then I found out how great life could be.  If I could only get away from membranes and membrane users...

My first step to recovery is to admin fault.  I use a microsoft Ergo 4000...  I know.

My second step is to get rid of this ball and chain and move up.  My plan is to buy a QuickFire TK.  However, I'm not sure I can wait until January to get one with brown switches.  I'm contemplating going with red.  :-\

Please, oh wise and clacky ones, help me find my way out of this mess.   :-[

And by the way, I've come to the conclusion above by reading the wisdom from this very site.  I'm excited to learn more. 

About me.  I'm a programmer that plays computer games when possible.  Not as much as I used to, but oh well. :)

Sincerely,
Bikerdan

Sifo:
hello Bikerdan welcome to Geekhack! Do you like feedback or smooth? Best way is to find a place to try them out :\

bikerdan:
I've tried brown and blue switches.  I like them.  But I've never tried smooth (red/black).  I can't seem to find anywhere around me that has mechanical keyboards!  Lame.  I have tried Topres and I would have to say I like them more than browns.  Not sure if that helps you help me.

Sifo:
If you like Topres more than browns I don't know how much you'll enjoy the linear switches... you might enjoy clears? But those are sometimes hard to get a hold of. What do you use your keyboard mostly for?

bikerdan:
I'm a programmer.  So I'm typing 8+ hours a day.  Maybe an hour of gaming a day.  FPS style mostly.  When I'm testing out the browns, they almost feel a little "sticky" sometimes.  Like they don't want to glide down nicely.  That's what makes me wonder about the reds.  Man... just wish I could find a red around here.

Also, what do you guys think about the QuickFire TK now that it's been out for a little bit?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version