Author Topic: It's in the mail...  (Read 2300882 times)

Re: It's in the mail...
« Reply #1850 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 12:38:05 »
Just waiting on this pretty Ducky (Cherry MX Browns)! It's my first mechanical since I was a wee child. Can't wait for it to get here. <3

The Browns were kind of a shot in the dark since it's my first mech, but the description sounds right. And I've read that it's a good starter switch. :)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1851 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 12:39:08 »
Just waiting on this pretty Ducky (Cherry MX Browns)! It's my first mechanical since I was a wee child. Can't wait for it to get here. <3

Show Image

The Browns were kind of a shot in the dark since it's my first mech, but the description sounds right. And I've read that it's a good starter switch. :)

It is a good starter switch.  Not a heavy tactile bump but not quite linear.  Lets you decide easily which way you want to go next.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #1852 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 12:50:04 »
Well we're all moved in and settled in Orlando. In the meantime, my Plasma Pink Treble case is on it's way :)

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That's one way to announce your return. That case looks amazing ^__^

Offline ping111

« Reply #1853 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 13:51:31 »
Max Keyboard "Deluxe" (PCB-mounted, O-rings included) Switch Tester Kit!  Just won one in their FB sweepstakes!
In My Possession:
Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8 Mechanical Keyboard - Cherry MX Brown - Blue LED Backlighting
Wanted:
KBTalking PURE - Tenkeyless - Cherry MX Brown - Green LED Backlighting

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #1854 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 13:56:43 »
This should be a sticky.
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1855 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 14:07:02 »
apparently 3 CM top covers just shipped out today.
time to look into ways to mod it

I got the shipping notification today for mine but they are actually out for delivery.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1856 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 16:15:07 »
Thanks Ragnorok! They look AWESOME!  :thumb:

A better place to post this would have been here.
aww crap!  thanks rowdy

So in order to make up for my mistake, I'll post something correctly in here...

This is in the mail, can't wait till it shows up on monday!

Show Image

Don't be disappointed. The Meka isn't the best keyboard around. In fact, it has some rather major flaws.

Offline Rafen

« Reply #1857 on: Thu, 15 August 2013, 21:16:19 »
Ordered a Poker II w/reds and should be here on Saturday!

Offline Jackasaur

« Reply #1858 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 13:49:15 »
Waiting on my Ducky Shine 3! White LED and blue switches :D

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1859 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 14:18:44 »
Aoyue 937+
solder
helping hands
and more water cooling parts...
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline MTManiac

• can't is the cancer of happen
« Reply #1860 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 14:46:09 »
Don't be disappointed. The Meka isn't the best keyboard around. In fact, it has some rather major flaws.
Yea, I had second thoughts before I pulled the trigger, but It will be hard to disappoint me for the price ($25)
Worst case scenario it becomes a practice board for soldering technique and experiments hehe

Offline MTManiac

« Reply #1861 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 15:19:46 »
More stuff in the mail!!!

HHKB Lite 2
32053-0

Chicony 5161
32055-1

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #1862 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 18:13:15 »
Waiting for a clack and a whalebro to make it to me.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #1863 on: Fri, 16 August 2013, 19:42:45 »

HHKB Lite 2
(Attachment Link)

Chicony 5161
(Attachment Link)

Sweet....do you know if that 5161 has blue alps?
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1864 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 02:42:26 »
Leopold FC660C to be in the mail soon??? Probably won't be here until later next week though :(

What am I in for compared to a Realforce and HHKB? Originally, I had planned to get a Realforce 55g but caved in on the 660C.

Edit: My first Topre/Capacitive switch keyboard.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 August 2013, 03:01:16 by VesperSAINT »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1865 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 03:27:38 »
Leopold FC660C to be in the mail soon??? Probably won't be here until later next week though :(

What am I in for compared to a Realforce and HHKB? Originally, I had planned to get a Realforce 55g but caved in on the 660C.

I have not FC660C, but I have HHKB 2 Pro.

Someone said HHKB thocks more, but FC660C feels sturdier.

I must admit that, although very well made, it does seem very light compared to most other keyboards I have.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1866 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 03:39:15 »

I must admit that, although very well made, it does seem very light compared to most other keyboards I have.

Yeah, I heard similar things. I actually would prefer the more thock but the HHKB just so much more expensive. Also, I do prefer a heavier keyboards because I prefer a plate for sturdiness, and it just makes them feel more sturdier. However, I heard that HHKB's build quality makes up for it. I guess the light weight may be a plus if being constantly being carried around, which ironically is what I'm planning to do... everyday :)) But I guess that doesn't matter because the keyboard will be the only thing I carry in my bag.

When describing the HHKB as "thocks more," does this describe only the sound or also the feel/tactility of the switch? I would prefer the switch to be as tactile as possible, which is why I originally wanted the 55g more (I heard the 55g is more poppy because of the heavier springs). If the HHKB was more tactile in feel, I can only logically assume that the HHKB may be slightly more tactile because of the lacking metal plate which may result in more resonance and vibration through the case??? Maybe I'm just crazy.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1867 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 04:53:07 »

Yeah, I heard similar things. I actually would prefer the more thock but the HHKB just so much more expensive. Also, I do prefer a heavier keyboards because I prefer a plate for sturdiness, and it just makes them feel more sturdier. However, I heard that HHKB's build quality makes up for it. I guess the light weight may be a plus if being constantly being carried around, which ironically is what I'm planning to do... everyday :)) But I guess that doesn't matter because the keyboard will be the only thing I carry in my bag.

When describing the HHKB as "thocks more," does this describe only the sound or also the feel/tactility of the switch? I would prefer the switch to be as tactile as possible, which is why I originally wanted the 55g more (I heard the 55g is more poppy because of the heavier springs). If the HHKB was more tactile in feel, I can only logically assume that the HHKB may be slightly more tactile because of the lacking metal plate which may result in more resonance and vibration through the case??? Maybe I'm just crazy.

Hmmm, can't answer that, sorry, as I have only HHKB.  I think it refers only to the sound.

HHKB is case-mounted?  Which I imagine would feel like a hybrid of plate and PCB mouted.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #1868 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 05:15:56 »

Hmmm, can't answer that, sorry, as I have only HHKB.  I think it refers only to the sound.

HHKB is case-mounted?  Which I imagine would feel like a hybrid of plate and PCB mouted.

While I was in JP i saw an advertisement for the HHKB anniversary edition, it is meant to be carried around under arm or in a bag, portability hence weight in a key factor to the appeal. Japan is extremely mobile, can go on the train and in 6 hours span both islands from top to bottom. It's light so it can be portable :P.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #1869 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 05:47:17 »

While I was in JP i saw an advertisement for the HHKB anniversary edition, it is meant to be carried around under arm or in a bag, portability hence weight in a key factor to the appeal. Japan is extremely mobile, can go on the train and in 6 hours span both islands from top to bottom. It's light so it can be portable :P.

Hmmmm~ After having tried out the 660C for a certain amount of time and I get more curious, I may have to somehow try the HHKB just so I can have a comparison! A 55g Realforce while I'm at it too!!! :)) Ugh~ the world of keyboards is a tricky one.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1870 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 06:13:54 »

The anniversary edition?

Really?

The $5000 hand-lacquered gold-plated edition?

If I had one of those, no way would it even see direct sunlight!

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #1871 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 09:29:53 »
Finally got a ricercar spos
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231034324765 ($20 shipped)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1872 on: Sat, 17 August 2013, 09:38:48 »

Offline Siva

• TwitchTV
« Reply #1873 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 04:34:56 »
Finally got a ricercar spos
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231034324765 ($20 shipped)

The day after I ordered a Keycool 84.

FUUUUUUU!!!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1874 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 14:35:34 »
Got a BTC-5339 keyboard that's in decent shape and a yellowed dust cover for just under $12 shipped.  It's a crappy foam foil keyboard with NKRO, but it should have some nice pad printed or doubleshot Cherry MX compatible beige and white caps.  I may finally be able to put my moogle to use.

Offline Inklebert

« Reply #1875 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 14:42:33 »
Sadly too poor to afford my Ducky DK9008G2 but when I get 70$ I will be a happy camper!  :(

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1876 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 14:53:14 »
Got a BTC-5339 keyboard that's in decent shape and a yellowed dust cover for just under $12 shipped.  It's a crappy foam foil keyboard with NKRO, but it should have some nice pad printed or doubleshot Cherry MX compatible beige and white caps.  I may finally be able to put my moogle to use.

WAT. All BTCs I've seen had either pad-printed, or laser-etched keycaps.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1877 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 15:18:48 »

WAT. All BTCs I've seen had either pad-printed, or laser-etched keycaps.

I went looking around and there were a pair of threads where someone mentioned getting doubleshots with their BTC-5339.  Even if it's just laser-etched or pad-printed I'll be happy, but one can hope and dream.  I picked up a BTC-5339, not the 5339R that I see pop up more often. 

The threads in reference:  thread 1, thread 2.

Offline MTManiac

« Reply #1878 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 15:30:52 »

HHKB Lite 2
(Attachment Link)

Chicony 5161
(Attachment Link)

Sweet....do you know if that 5161 has blue alps?

I don't know, it is a mystery!!!  :eek:
The seller never responded to my questions but took a fairly low bid offer so I didn't hesitate to just snag it up.

Offline Siva

• TwitchTV
« Reply #1879 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 15:46:32 »
Keycool 84, white LED, mx blacks. >.>

Offline Thimplum

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Master of all Ponies
« Reply #1880 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 16:30:32 »
Keycool 84, white LED, mx blacks. >.>

nice
TP4 FOR ADMIN 2013

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #1881 on: Mon, 19 August 2013, 16:55:32 »
Not really in the mail, but I guess I should be getting Asus Xonar U3, Logitech C920 and Roccat Pyra Wireless soon. I'm mostly interested in the mouse, because (1) it's the shortest ambidextrous one I've found—if I like it, I'll get the wired version—and (2) it's supposed to have quite good GNU/Linux support.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1882 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 06:56:46 »
Some of those fancy new keys from EK!

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #1883 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 12:57:59 »

Did you take the dive into those Tampo Pad Printed ones or play it safe with some blanks?

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #1884 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 12:59:52 »

Did you take the dive into those Tampo Pad Printed ones or play it safe with some blanks?
I don't think the colored blanks are in yet.  He also may be proxy'ing for someone in australia, but I can't remember if that was him or not.
GON NS 87 62g clears, QFR 62g clears, Pure 65g blues, HHKB Pro II

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1885 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 13:01:17 »

pads baby!!

and right now no one has shown interest in buying them from me I was just offering!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1886 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 13:05:54 »

pads baby!!

and right now no one has shown interest in buying them from me I was just offering!

I don't think you gave any indication of what you wanted for them yet.  And I think some people also want to see how thick they are first.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1887 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 13:15:31 »

pads baby!!

I don't think you gave any indication of what you wanted for them yet.  And I think some people also want to see how thick they are first.

Well nobody's pm'd me to ask :P

And obviously once I get them and can get some photos we can answer lots of questions. Of course 'sent' may get his today as I believe he is local to EK.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1888 on: Tue, 20 August 2013, 18:29:18 »

pads baby!!

Well nobody's pm'd me to ask :P

And obviously once I get them and can get some photos we can answer lots of questions. Of course 'sent' may get his today as I believe he is local to EK.

:blank: ;) :p

Offline bahamot

• bistropolis - dine with style
« Reply #1889 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 15:52:00 »
joker come to papa ...  oops poker2   :D

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline tozarian

« Reply #1890 on: Wed, 21 August 2013, 20:37:15 »
DK9008g2 PRO PBT grey and white version with MX blue, first mechanical keyboard besides model M!

Offline MTManiac

« Reply #1891 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 09:50:42 »
Imsto is getting this for me /drool  :thumb:

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1892 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 10:14:10 »
My EVA case is finally shipped, thanks to Zenuty!
I love Elzy

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #1893 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 11:10:23 »
My EVA case is finally shipped, thanks to Zenuty!

I have so many questions...Are we talking a kb case?  Phone case?  I demand pictures.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1894 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 11:17:43 »
Keyboard carrying case. They called it an EVA case, which is why I even bothered to take a look at it in the first place.

http://www.otd.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=board1&wr_id=709941&sca=&sfl=mb_id%2C1&stx=manyrs

Hope linking to otd is okay.
I love Elzy

Offline Sai

« Reply #1895 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 11:35:40 »
Keyboard carrying case. They called it an EVA case, which is why I even bothered to take a look at it in the first place.

http://www.otd.kr/bbs/board.php?bo_table=board1&wr_id=709941&sca=&sfl=mb_id%2C1&stx=manyrs

Hope linking to otd is okay.
thats some nice carrying case. hope it wont cost too much.  ;D
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1896 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 11:36:08 »
I already paid for everything... forgot how much it was.
I love Elzy

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #1897 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 11:41:27 »
Ohhh, I got excited thinking it was a NGE case.  I was expecting like purple and green or something.  It looks very nice though, I like the minimalist design.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #1898 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 11:42:22 »
Ohhh, I got excited thinking it was a NGE case.  I was expecting like purple and green or something.  It looks very nice though, I like the minimalist design.

This will be coming soon. As in ... Soon™
I love Elzy

Offline Xenderwind

« Reply #1899 on: Thu, 22 August 2013, 11:45:59 »

This will be coming soon. As in ... Soon™
WTF when did you become a vendor?  If this means eva stuff, my wallet is ready.