Author Topic: It's in the mail...  (Read 2300693 times)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: It's in the mail...
« Reply #4750 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 00:43:11 »
If I have a good time building a NerD I may consider getting one for myself ^_^
I love Elzy

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #4751 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 01:38:11 »
2x Aune T1s in the Post office, cause I got hit with customs for the first time.  :(
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4752 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 06:47:08 »
2x Aune T1s in the Post office, cause I got hit with customs for the first time.  :(

Bit by the random Canadian bug. Sometimes they get me, sometimes they don't.

If there is a commercial invoice on the outside I usually get dinged.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #4753 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 16:51:37 »
If I have a good time building a NerD I may consider getting one for myself ^_^

get me one pls

T_T
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4754 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 17:05:41 »

Just arrived today.

Dollar Shave Club box should get here Monday
hopefully some Brocaps after tonight! ;)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #4755 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 17:14:22 »
I have no idea what it is, but it looks cool.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4756 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 17:34:07 »
Purple Conspire mx keycap by KBK

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4757 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 21:53:15 »
Liberty's Light Dolly from Nubbinator

Offline docwlad

« Reply #4758 on: Sat, 05 July 2014, 22:09:31 »
Leopold FC660C with dye sublimated keycaps. Gets here on Monday. Going to be my first experience with Topre switches, can't wait!   :D
« Last Edit: Sat, 05 July 2014, 22:24:12 by docwlad »

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4759 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 00:35:06 »
Presidential Ba'Man from Nubbinator

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4760 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 02:52:17 »
Liberty's Light Dolly from Nubbinator
jelly!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4761 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 07:02:59 »
Leopold FC660C with dye sublimated keycaps. Gets here on Monday. Going to be my first experience with Topre switches, can't wait!   :D

If you don't love them right away, stick with them for a couple weeks. They may take a little getting used to, but the 660C is I great board. Congrats.

Offline docwlad

« Reply #4762 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 14:40:01 »

If you don't love them right away, stick with them for a couple weeks. They may take a little getting used to, but the 660C is I great board. Congrats.

Will do. It was expensive enough that I'll definitely try and work through any problems I have with it. It was either this or the HHKB, and I'm not quite ready to ditch my arrow keys entirely.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4763 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 16:52:03 »

Will do. It was expensive enough that I'll definitely try and work through any problems I have with it. It was either this or the HHKB, and I'm not quite ready to ditch my arrow keys entirely.

I didn't like topre when I first got mine, but the layout is better than any other board I own so I stuck with it. I have it at work now and I enjoy both mx and topre. (still need to try alps and BS).

Offline cpt.charisma

« Reply #4764 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 17:42:30 »
Custom WASD:

70017-0
-===CC=-

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4765 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 20:20:09 »
Custom WASD:

(Attachment Link)

Now that's interesting!

'Scuse my ignorance - where is that design from, or the legends at least?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4766 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 20:30:25 »
OMG! Does usps recycle tracking number? The reason is that the tracking of my F2 Blue Clack which showed that it left Chicago on 30 May is now reset and is showing that it is leaving Florida! Wtf? If this is the case, this clack left Chicago twice, came back to Florida and is now on its way to God knows where!

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #4767 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 20:33:56 »

OMG! Does usps recycle tracking number? The reason is that the tracking of my F2 Blue Clack which showed that it left Chicago on 30 May is now reset and is showing that it is leaving Florida! Wtf? If this is the case, this clack left Chicago twice, came back to Florida and is now on its way to God knows where!

I don't think they do, or at least there's no reason they should. Have you gotten on the phone with them?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4768 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 20:44:00 »
I'm in Malaysia. I don't want to call international and being put on hold for 30 min, as usps was notoriously known. The old tracking record, the one that showed it left Chicago twice was wiped out, replaced with this Florida one. Interestingly, the first line item was 'processed through sort facility' as though the package started in from the sort facility itself in Miami and not from some post office. Very strange. Let's see if it goes back up to Chicago again! I hope it goes to LA. I love usps LA mainly because there's a direct flight from LA to Malaysia.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #4769 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 20:46:58 »
Yes, USPS recycles tracking numbers. Almost every Priority Int'l tracking # I get is recycled, varying from 2years to a couple months ago.

"Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4770 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 20:48:46 »

I wonder if it was eventually returned to them, so they are starting delivery again?

Anyone know if they work that way?

Can you confirm the address they are trying to deliver to?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Belfong

« Reply #4771 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 20:51:59 »
The address is correct. I have had a copy of the shipping label. It's possible that it's gone back and start all over again. The only issue is that the sender address is Texas. I'd think the tracking should start from Texas, not Florida.

Offline cpt.charisma

« Reply #4772 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 21:50:29 »
Custom WASD:

(Attachment Link)

Now that's interesting!

'Scuse my ignorance - where is that design from, or the legends at least?

Glad you like it :)  I made the layout myself.  The font is called Electroharmonix and it's freely available with a quick google.
-===CC=-

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #4773 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 22:25:18 »
IBM industrial SSK ISO-UK P/N 41G3601

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #4774 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 22:25:49 »
:thumb:

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4775 on: Sun, 06 July 2014, 23:42:03 »

What did it run you?

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4776 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 02:01:11 »
The address is correct. I have had a copy of the shipping label. It's possible that it's gone back and start all over again. The only issue is that the sender address is Texas. I'd think the tracking should start from Texas, not Florida.

I have had some bad experiences with USPS. My last package arrived ripped, with all of the caps missing.. Attempted to contact USPS several times, but they don't care.

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #4777 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 10:25:28 »
Zeal custom pc cable. Should be here any minute! Kbt race II with white LED/MX red. Ordered led color changers from banggood! ;D

Offline t2russo

« Reply #4778 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 13:31:21 »
Silver KMAC.  "Ebony and Ivory" photos to come when it shows up.  Been really wanting a second KMAC so I can play around and swap plates between the two.

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4779 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 15:18:53 »
Silver KMAC.  "Ebony and Ivory" photos to come when it shows up.  Been really wanting a second KMAC so I can play around and swap plates between the two.

Sheeyit sounds nice man
I love Elzy

Offline Battou62

« Reply #4780 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 15:47:11 »

I have had some bad experiences with USPS. My last package arrived ripped, with all of the caps missing.. Attempted to contact USPS several times, but they don't care.

File dat insurance claim. USPS recently lost a nice razor of mine also.

Offline RimpactPC

« Reply #4781 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 17:56:19 »
Hhkb pro 2 and and ice gasmask

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #4782 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 17:57:50 »

Nice choice of keyboard! :D
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline RimpactPC

« Reply #4783 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 17:58:21 »

Nice choice of keyboard! :D

Thanks I saw your reddit post ;)

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #4784 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 18:31:15 »
I finally made the plunge and went and ordered a HHKB Pro 2 (White /w Lettering), cannot wait. Finally get to try Topre!
你搞砸了

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #4785 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 18:32:42 »
I finally made the plunge and went and ordered a HHKB Pro 2 (White /w Lettering), cannot wait. Finally get to try Topre!
Nice!!!! I hope you enjoy your oneness with cup rubber!  ;D
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4786 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 18:35:07 »

Excellent!  Please allow yourself a week or two to get used to it - the switches will feel quite different and the layout can take a while to become accustomed to.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #4787 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 19:23:41 »
 :-*

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline t2russo

« Reply #4788 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 19:38:44 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That's the answer to the puzzle, right?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4789 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 19:49:08 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

You're getting a War-Fist Robot too??

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4790 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 19:53:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh the American brobot set? I'm Canadian, so I'm not that bummed I missed it.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #4791 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 20:26:57 »
Show Image

That's the answer to the puzzle, right?
Haha what is this I don't even.

You're getting a War-Fist Robot too??

WAR FIST.  I need one of those.

Maybe this is a better picture:

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4792 on: Mon, 07 July 2014, 20:37:31 »

Excellent!  Please allow yourself a week or two to get used to it - the switches will feel quite different and the layout can take a while to become accustomed to.

I recently switched my home board to a 60% pure layout. I have to admit I am having some trouble with the HHKB style arrows. As a developer I use the arrow keys all day everyday. I need to start building my 75% to see if that is a better layout for me.

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #4793 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 06:34:47 »

I normally do day 1 reviews of all my new boards, but I'm going to have to wait on this one.

If anything, what would you compare the topre switches too? I know people have said they're a mechanical rubber dome or whatever, but could you give a better explanation?
你搞砸了

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #4794 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 06:47:45 »
A high-quality rubber dome. A smooth one. (The springs don't really affect feel.)

It's like the difference between scratchy Cherry MX with the worst keycaps, and lubed broken-in Cherry MX in a quality keyboard.

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #4795 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 07:21:16 »
A high-quality rubber dome. A smooth one. (The springs don't really affect feel.)

It's like the difference between scratchy Cherry MX with the worst keycaps, and lubed broken-in Cherry MX in a quality keyboard.

This, davkols description is quite accurate.

Offline Vibex

• Love y'all
« Reply #4796 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 07:25:45 »
My new Thinkpad, an Ergo Dox, two BroBots, two binge caps, and a Cake Death Lives. Gonna be  fun few days having all this awesome stuff come in the mail. ;D

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #4797 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 08:04:49 »
Two brobots, penumbra, gh extravaganza, swillkb rubber stamp...

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4798 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 20:14:24 »
Mystery caps from the wizard Bro Caps because I like surprises.
I love Elzy

Offline Aidenknives

« Reply #4799 on: Tue, 08 July 2014, 20:20:29 »
Brand new company called Glorious PC Gaming Race is sending me an extended mouse-pad to test and review. Review will be coming out in the next 2-3 weeks!