Author Topic: It's in the mail...  (Read 2300908 times)

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
Re: It's in the mail...
« Reply #7450 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 03:03:03 »
somewhere in Ameircaland, i have a hhkb trying to find its way to my apartment :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7451 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 03:16:41 »
Lessee

HHKB
IBM Model M
Vintage Blacks

:thumb:

That's a lot of exciting things! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #7452 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 06:40:49 »
Antlion Modmic 4.0 w/ mute.

I hope this mic lives up to the hype.

It seems like a good excuse to buy an expensive pair of audiophile headphones... seems like a dangerous rabbit hole to go down though.  :))

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #7453 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 06:56:17 »

It seems like a good excuse to buy an expensive pair of audiophile headphones... seems like a dangerous rabbit hole to go down though.  :))
the new mod mics work well. You could buy some crazy expensive headphones or you could get a pair of sennheiser 558's which are very decent and have a huge soundstage which is great for gaming (which I assume is what the mod mic is for) 8) they are awesome headphones for gaming and really good for listening to music as well(warning they are not heavy on bass so if that's your thing these probably wont tickle your pink) you will really be surprised how much you hear in FPS like games 8)
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7454 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 07:21:47 »

I have heard great things about it. Just like keyboards, it is a very dangerous rabbit hole. I a pair of ATH-M50s and I am going to start looking into some higher end headphones soon.

Offline EscapeVelocity

• Antiquarian
« Reply #7455 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 09:01:36 »
Fentek Large Print ANSI rubber dome in beige with white & grey keycaps.

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
« Reply #7456 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 10:12:15 »

the new mod mics work well. You could buy some crazy expensive headphones or you could get a pair of sennheiser 558's which are very decent and have a huge soundstage which is great for gaming (which I assume is what the mod mic is for) 8) they are awesome headphones for gaming and really good for listening to music as well(warning they are not heavy on bass so if that's your thing these probably wont tickle your pink) you will really be surprised how much you hear in FPS like games 8)

I already have a true 5.1 headset for gaming, but the mic is screwed up.  :))

They would probably be mostly for music (but also gaming), and I like me some bass!

I'm completely unfamiliar with high-end headphones though. The use of amplifiers and such is a bit intimidating. Not that I can afford it at the moment (way too many keyboard things going on for me right now!), but do you have any suggestions for a reasonably priced audiophile setup ($150-$400 range? Under 300 would be the most realistic)? It would be nice to have an idea of what to shoot for while I save.  :thumb:

I have heard great things about it. Just like keyboards, it is a very dangerous rabbit hole. I a pair of ATH-M50s and I am going to start looking into some higher end headphones soon.

I use a CM Storm Sirus 5.1 at the moment. They're alright, the surround sound is the best I've tried so far. Leagues ahead of virtualized 7.1, that's for sure. Decent bass too. For gaming I like them a lot, for music not so much.

I also have a set of Beats by Dre Studio. I traded my copy of Skyrim for them when Skyrim came out to a friend with too much money.  :)) They're alright, but I'm glad I wasn't the one who spent like $300 on them.. for $60 though, they're nice.  ;D

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #7457 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 10:51:30 »
Lessee

HHKB
IBM Model M
Vintage Blacks

:thumb:

That's a lot of exciting things! :)

I know! Model M and Vintage blacks just came in too. So stoked. Going to replace my QFR with browns with vintage blacks.  :p I'll post pics soon!

P.S. This forum has made me into a monster...

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #7458 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 10:53:56 »
I do have a pair of Nakamichi BT-304 (BTHP01) headphones.  The audio quality is great!  And since they are bluetooth, I can use them for most everything with no problems at all.  They are my favorite all-around headphone.  I had to include a picture of it to prevent confusion.  There are several colors available.  I think originally there was Blue Red Black and White.  I have the Black model.

I also have the Sony Playstation wireless headphones that work with the PS and the PC.  I like them too.

And of course Sennheiser HD-448 wired headphones.
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 June 2015, 12:00:23 by Snowdog993 »

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #7459 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 18:23:11 »
After over a month going through EMS shipping my Model M should be arriving from Korea this week!

Man I was annoyed when I went on the tracking and saw "Day of Ship Departure" lol

Offline EscapeVelocity

• Antiquarian
« Reply #7460 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 18:26:25 »
Griffin 2001 i-Mate
2 x Belkin F5U119E
2 x Ziotek PS/2 to USB converters

Offline Axollott

« Reply #7461 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 18:37:46 »
I do have a pair of Nakamichi BT-304 (BTHP01) headphones.  The audio quality is great!  And since they are bluetooth, I can use them for most everything with no problems at all.  They are my favorite all-around headphone.  I had to include a picture of it to prevent confusion.  There are several colors available.  I think originally there was Blue Red Black and White.  I have the Black model.

I also have the Sony Playstation wireless headphones that work with the PS and the PC.  I like them too.

And of course Sennheiser HD-448 wired headphones.

Nice, my dad has been a life long Nakamichi fan. IDKW to be honest. He used to have a Nakamichi system in his Ford Cougar when i was a kid, I blame him and his system for making me value music so much. :D

Offline ceflame

« Reply #7462 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 20:39:33 »
Varmilo VB87M Bluetooth

LightSaver V1 Kit

Springs from Spirt

:D :D

Someone actually picked up the LSv1 from Originative :OO

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #7463 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 20:47:34 »
Varmilo VB87M Bluetooth

LightSaver V1 Kit

Springs from Spirt

:D :D

Someone actually picked up the LSv1 from Originative :OO

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #7464 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 20:54:05 »
Some acrylic PCB holders I made, should be here in a week or so, excited to see if they turned out the way I planned

Offline EscapeVelocity

• Antiquarian
« Reply #7465 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 22:20:31 »
Unicomp Ultra Classic 103 USB in White, Pearl & Pebble
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 June 2015, 23:45:12 by EscapeVelocity »

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7466 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 08:04:04 »

After over a month going through EMS shipping my Model M should be arriving from Korea this week!

Man I was annoyed when I went on the tracking and saw "Day of Ship Departure" lol

How could ems be so long?
Usually it takes less than 2 weeks even from Asia to EU
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #7467 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 09:31:25 »
Well, I was looking for an LS and someone on reddit posted a link to that one, but no one ever said, "they have it but, they are sketch" so I just jumped in :/ we will see how it goes.

EDIT: quoted the wrong post >.>
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 June 2015, 09:37:39 by Invaderevan »

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #7468 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 13:33:40 »
Got a BNIB i7 4790k on the way :)
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline EscapeVelocity

• Antiquarian
« Reply #7469 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 20:45:12 »
New in Box Chicony 5181 AT w/ Monterey Alps
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 June 2015, 21:26:57 by EscapeVelocity »

Offline blastoid

« Reply #7470 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 09:56:51 »
1976 Base + Numpad + Alt Gradient + Arrows

BUT...

I ordered it for my kids to give me for Father's Day. So when it arrives, I will just have to let it SIT until I can use it!!! Killing me!

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #7471 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 10:36:37 »
1976 Base + Numpad + Alt Gradient + Arrows

BUT...

I ordered it for my kids to give me for Father's Day. So when it arrives, I will just have to let it SIT until I can use it!!! Killing me!

Nice! My set is estimated to arrive today, but tracking is saying it's no where near me so IDK. I only got the base set though. Also, I need to buy my dad something for fathers day...

Offline julayyy

« Reply #7472 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 10:47:19 »
Kbparadise v60 with clears 📮
QuickfireTK MX Reds         v60 mini MX Clears

Offline EscapeVelocity

• Antiquarian
« Reply #7473 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 11:37:32 »
Chicony KB-5191 New in Box

Offline Vintage

« Reply #7474 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 11:43:48 »
200 SIP sockets from Ebay
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #7475 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 14:11:14 »
Emailed Originative this morning, and got an email back within a few hours saying my LSv1 would ship tomorrow! looks like they are not as bad as everyone said! Or at least improving! I am super excited!

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #7476 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 14:14:11 »
Emailed Originative this morning, and got an email back within a few hours saying my LSv1 would ship tomorrow! looks like they are not as bad as everyone said! Or at least improving! I am super excited!
They are on & off, off enough though that they shouldn't be trusted and you should be ready to make a PP claim

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #7477 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 14:52:54 »

Where did you get the email address you are using to contact them? 
I still have a unfilled order from over a year ago, and every time I try to contact them with the email address on the website it doesn't work.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #7478 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 15:00:30 »

I still have a unfilled order from over a year ago, and every time I try to contact them with the email address on the website it doesn't work.

Their front page, in the blog post about their website being down, I emailed Sheradan

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #7479 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 15:09:25 »

Their front page, in the blog post about their website being down, I emailed Sheradan

Damn. Can't believe I didn't see that.  Thanks.
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline EscapeVelocity

• Antiquarian
« Reply #7480 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 17:47:41 »
Logitech K740 wired illuminated keyboard w/scissor switches!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7481 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 20:57:13 »
A couple keyboards from Canada, a sweet jd40 case and an unknown package that I got a shipping notification for.

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #7482 on: Wed, 10 June 2015, 23:07:40 »
Inbound: DSA Dolch set #3, some random spherical vintage key caps, laminating sheets for all of your key guides, and a Displaywriter board (soon). Oh, and a whole bunch of lawn mower parts. Some idiot broke their riding mower. :(

Outbound: about ten different packages to six different countries.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #7483 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 01:24:40 »
argh, where is my hhkb!!!

Offline n3ro

« Reply #7484 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 01:43:12 »

I'm also waiting for mine. I tried it before and it was more fun to type than my rf 55g. I'm sure you will like it.

Offline ceflame

« Reply #7485 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 02:15:24 »
They are on & off, off enough though that they shouldn't be trusted and you should be ready to make a PP claim

Playing devil's advocate here.. but should that really still be the case, from now until forever?

I haven't heard the whole story behind Originative's sketchiness, but from what I've seen, he has been shipping things recently, but he still gets **** on by community members.

On the other hand, someone like Sprit, who disappeared for months without updates and contact still gets countless comments of praise.
Can someone explain to me what the difference is between these situations?

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #7486 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 02:20:51 »

Playing devil's advocate here.. but should that really still be the case, from now until forever?

I haven't heard the whole story behind Originative's sketchiness, but from what I've seen, he has been shipping things recently, but he still gets **** on by community members.

On the other hand, someone like Sprit, who disappeared for months without updates and contact still gets countless comments of praise.

Sprit is completing his orders.  Sherry, on the other hand, as far as I know, still hasn't shipped out orders from black friday of 2013.

Offline ceflame

« Reply #7487 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 02:31:56 »

Sprit is completing his orders.  Sherry, on the other hand, as far as I know, still hasn't shipped out orders from black friday of 2013.

Well that's just sad to hear :(

I guess Sherry HAS been more responsive to email inquiries recently, maybe some of those people who haven't received their orders can take another shot.

I think I did read somewhere that someone got their pre-ordered GMK Dolch after emailing him.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #7488 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 03:00:30 »

I'm also waiting for mine. I tried it before and it was more fun to type than my rf 55g. I'm sure you will like it.

we will be happy in the forseen future!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #7489 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 09:51:43 »

More importantly, Sherry has a long history of not shipping everything, disappearing, reappearing, then continuing like nothing happened and never fulfilling some orders.

Offline Zukoi

• ****posting at 90wpm
« Reply #7490 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 10:16:08 »

More importantly, Sherry has a long history of not shipping everything, disappearing, reappearing, then continuing like nothing happened and never fulfilling some orders.

Newbie here, I got my springs from Sprit and I can stand behind his groupbuys. I think he is pretty reliable even with his volume.

On a bit of a tangent, I heard that massdrop is very slow in shipping. I bought their blank pbt caps yesterday and apparently its going to take mid july to ship.

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #7491 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 10:25:34 »

we will be happy in the forseen future!

Joining the HHKB hype train!

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7492 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 10:29:05 »

55g RF superior topre version.

Hhkb superior topre layout.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7493 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 10:34:21 »

55g RF superior topre version.

Hhkb superior topre layout.

That's why you combine them  ;D

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7494 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 10:49:12 »
Plate mount > case mount. Never be the same.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7495 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 11:08:31 »
Plate mount > case mount. Never be the same.

Got me there.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #7496 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 11:31:12 »
Hopefully George's Alu case will save us.

• * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7497 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 11:41:19 »
Hopefully George's Alu case will save us.

I will be all over that!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #7498 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 14:51:36 »
Some stuff from Imsto  :)
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Gaspar

« Reply #7499 on: Thu, 11 June 2015, 19:02:35 »

2 weeks later :(
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 June 2015, 19:06:25 by Gaspar »