Author Topic: It's in the mail...  (Read 2300839 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: It's in the mail...
« Reply #8050 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 07:27:10 »
Black. Sadly I have no keycaps so I can't use it. Also it has awful clears.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #8051 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 07:51:17 »
Wow that sounds awesome Mexibro ! Black Eagle with Ergo's DAAYYYUUUMMM  I have a Viper and I love it ! Good luck and may the thock be with you  :))
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8052 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 07:54:43 »
Eww no. I hate clears.

I need to find some blues or greens. And I just remembered I have a dye sub rgb set I got from photek for secret Santa two years ago.  Now I just need the other keys lol

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #8053 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 07:59:45 »
Eww no. I hate clears.

I need to find some blues or greens. And I just remembered I have a dye sub rgb set I got from photek for secret Santa two years ago.  Now I just need the other keys lol

So you are saying you bought a fancy MX board to show off keycaps? Welcome to GH!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8054 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 09:14:28 »
I just got a promotion accompanied by a not-insignificant increase in salary. With that, I'm getting a QFR to try my hand at modifying/painting. I also splurged on one of these:

More
Show Image
I love my 10AE wRF ! People say its a waste of money but its by far my favorite Topre board (Hoff agrees with me on this  :)) .....well I did enjoy typing on a fc660 but I dont own one. Congrats on the 10AE and the promo

Congrats on the promotion, saturn!  But more importantly, congrats on the keyboard!!  ^-^  Can confirm I LOVE the 10AE.  :))

duck eagle should be here tomorrow

wtf?  Didn't you have a Viper when they first released?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8055 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 09:24:52 »
Yeah but I never go around to have it built. So I sold it.

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
« Reply #8056 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 11:33:07 »
I might have to eat cup ramen for the rest of the month, but I'm finally getting Eve keycap set. So stoked to see it in person.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #8057 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 11:36:18 »
I might have to eat cup ramen for the rest of the month, but I'm finally getting Eve keycap set. So stoked to see it in person.

Packet Ramen > cup ramen
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #8058 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 11:44:06 »

I think I remember seeing it in the classifieds.  Really wish I would have ordered a blue-grey kit when the GB happened.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline apolotary

« Reply #8059 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 11:46:36 »

Packet Ramen > cup ramen

Cup ramen is pretty much the only type of ramen I can get in a local conbini nearby

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8060 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 12:18:48 »

I predict the same fate for this board.  :P  Also, why did you go with the Eagle?  No more love for HHKB layout?

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #8061 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 12:20:08 »

Packet Ramen > cup ramen

cups are always better man
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8062 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 12:29:40 »

I predict the same fate for this board.  :P  Also, why did you go with the Eagle?  No more love for HHKB layout?

Price was too good to pass up.

And nobody was really selling a viper. Tbh, I wanted something different than hhkb layout. I know I wouldn't choose cherry over my hhkb so it would have sat there.

And yeah I'm already thinking of selling the eagle lol.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #8063 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 14:36:43 »
I'll give you three fitty

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #8064 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 16:14:49 »
TMK HHKB BT controller.
Battlestation.io Navy blue rest.
Bunch of Gateron brown switches.
Some HHKB keycaps.
SnowPeak Titanium Kanpai.

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #8065 on: Wed, 02 September 2015, 16:30:44 »
I appreciate the well wishes.

The EMS tracking on the RF10A showed what flight it was taking on its journey from S. Korea to Chicago, so I plugged it into Flightaware and kept a browser tab open to it during my waking hours today. It cleared customs a few hours ago, so with any luck, it will be in my possession tomorrow.

Offline apolotary

« Reply #8066 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 01:18:25 »
Finally got the new v60 with Dolch keycaps. Pity they don't throw in any optional caps anymore

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #8067 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 01:23:52 »
Finally got the new v60 with Dolch keycaps. Pity they don't throw in any optional caps anymore

Show Image

They didn't throw in a white on black Esc?
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline apolotary

« Reply #8068 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 01:32:15 »

Show Image

Yeah, no Caps Lock/Ctrl and Fn replacement keys either. I'm getting Esc and Enter keys from elitekeyboards, so it's not a big deal for me, but still..

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #8069 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 01:34:19 »

Show Image

Yeah, no Caps Lock/Ctrl and Fn replacement keys either. I'm getting Esc and Enter keys from elitekeyboards, so it's not a big deal for me, but still..

Damn.  I figured they would've at least threw in the Esc.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline E3E

« Reply #8070 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 12:28:45 »
TL;DR: I lost one of my beloved; Got a blue alps board and an orange alps board. Complimentary colors, fancy that.

So begins my Alps journey. I just got an NTC 6151N in the mail on Tuesday, though it went to **** when I was trying to fool with the matrix to check if I could rig it with NKRO. It had ghosting, so it was doable, but something happened and seemed to brick the controller. RIP Nan Tan. I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO SAD ABOUT A KEYBOARD OR ANY INANIMATE OBJECT. Literally, I can't look at its blue alps switches anymore without feeling really sad. They're gonna be going in my Infinity build and my NTC will live on through that, but g'damn. I guess it really was the first keyboard to die on me though. I have always managed to save any janked up boards, but... but not this one.  :'(

Anyway, I managed to win an Apple Extended Keyboard on eBay that went under the radar (not a single person bid on it, so I got it for $17). One dead key, but I managed to restore it to good health, and I took a gamble. Lady told me it had an orange switch under the bad cap, and I knew that Salmon alps can sometimes look orangey. In fact, when I took the cap off, it wasn't a bright orange, so I thought I overshot my gamble. Nope, I opened it up and it is indeed orange! Long switch plate and light spring happiness. <3

So no idea what I'm gonna do with the switches. The blue alps are def going in my infinity as I have some really fun plans for dressing her up. Orange alps will probably just be something I therapeutically clack with no actual key input until I can figure out a custom to throw these in.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 September 2015, 12:30:19 by E3E »

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #8071 on: Thu, 03 September 2015, 21:42:38 »
TL;DR: I lost one of my beloved; Got a blue alps board and an orange alps board. Complimentary colors, fancy that.

So begins my Alps journey. I just got an NTC 6151N in the mail on Tuesday, though it went to **** when I was trying to fool with the matrix to check if I could rig it with NKRO. It had ghosting, so it was doable, but something happened and seemed to brick the controller. RIP Nan Tan. I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO SAD ABOUT A KEYBOARD OR ANY INANIMATE OBJECT. Literally, I can't look at its blue alps switches anymore without feeling really sad. They're gonna be going in my Infinity build and my NTC will live on through that, but g'damn. I guess it really was the first keyboard to die on me though. I have always managed to save any janked up boards, but... but not this one.  :'(

Anyway, I managed to win an Apple Extended Keyboard on eBay that went under the radar (not a single person bid on it, so I got it for $17). One dead key, but I managed to restore it to good health, and I took a gamble. Lady told me it had an orange switch under the bad cap, and I knew that Salmon alps can sometimes look orangey. In fact, when I took the cap off, it wasn't a bright orange, so I thought I overshot my gamble. Nope, I opened it up and it is indeed orange! Long switch plate and light spring happiness. <3

So no idea what I'm gonna do with the switches. The blue alps are def going in my infinity as I have some really fun plans for dressing her up. Orange alps will probably just be something I therapeutically clack with no actual key input until I can figure out a custom to throw these in.  :thumb:

You obviously need two Alps 60s, so get in on this.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #8072 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 07:20:15 »
tx1800 has landed on US soil!

Offline E3E

« Reply #8073 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 13:07:06 »

You obviously need two Alps 60s, so get in on this.

Sounds like a plan!

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #8074 on: Fri, 04 September 2015, 15:27:01 »
Some stuff from amazon for my nephew's birthday. :D

*Edit*

but to keep it keyboard related, waiting on some cable stuff to try and sleeve  :p
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 September 2015, 15:29:07 by asdfjkl36 »

Offline Zealousy

• Twitter
« Reply #8075 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 14:36:13 »
Bought a Cherry board with clears on the cheap thanks to a tip on IRC. Looking forward to trying it out as a precursor to the Zealios coming later this year.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #8076 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 17:14:05 »
Waiting on my Sprit springs and stabs and then I can finally build my keyboard.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #8077 on: Sat, 05 September 2015, 21:17:48 »
Supreme Desert Camo Bogo Hat  :-*

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #8078 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 08:53:39 »

Show Image

Why? I still don't receive any sign from kin25 :/

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #8079 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 08:59:30 »

Show Image

He probably got it from someone else

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #8080 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 10:59:26 »

Show Image

I forgot this, my fault. Thanks for remind me.

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #8081 on: Sun, 06 September 2015, 22:45:15 »

Show Image

I forgot this, my fault. Thanks for remind me.

Yep.  Got mine from Leeku.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #8082 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 18:19:56 »
Some Palace clothes, hit the sale at the right time :)

Although I bought the caveman shirt before realizing it has a pot leaf on it.

Also some switch tools from mk.com

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #8083 on: Tue, 08 September 2015, 20:31:10 »
Some Palace clothes, hit the sale at the right time :)

Although I bought the caveman shirt before realizing it has a pot leaf on it.

Also some switch tools from mk.com

The MK.com tools work good.   Also, I just pre-ordered my Kin25 tools  :thumb:
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #8084 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 12:05:31 »
IBM 5140 with a snazzy carrying case.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline apolotary

« Reply #8085 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 13:52:26 »
Guess I'm getting my Eve DSA in a week, so stoked, wondering which of my keyboards gets it first

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #8086 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 17:26:05 »
Asics Gel Lyte 3 "Alpine Blast". Because demik swag is best swag

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #8087 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 18:02:42 »
Man, now everyone's matching except me :p.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline dohbot

« Reply #8088 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 18:12:44 »
Annoying Taobao order is annoying.110588-0 I put in the wrong address and I admit that it was my fault but then I didn't call in time (once again my fault but) I emailed them and they wouldn't/couldn't respond, and then it was in china. So I had to pay Another 32$ and now 110590-1 So about another month. Plus I waited a month because I didn't know that I didn't enter a color even though I thought I already did (also probably my fault but still) and then I had a 20 minute text chat with someone in China to fix it. But it will be a pretty cool numberpad (although with the amount I spent on this I could have bought the winkeyless B.Pad prebuilt with all options, and if it gets sent back a few more times I could have bought the Gonpad o_O
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #8089 on: Wed, 09 September 2015, 21:45:36 »

Based CPT

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8090 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 16:34:25 »
My crown jewel has shipped today.... '88 DisplayWrite SSK (with og caps) should be here next week.  :thumb:

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #8091 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 18:14:47 »

Show Image

Badass.  I wish I got the V60 instead of the Poker.  I want the DSA Dolch keycaps and I wouldn't mind getting rid of the keys on the V60, but the keys on the Poker look better.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #8092 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 18:18:06 »

Show Image

oh wow, this is nice! where did you get it with the Dolch keycaps

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #8093 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 18:19:09 »
A box of 100 1/4" #4 wood screws!!!!!

(well I'm excited)

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #8094 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 18:27:56 »

Show Image

You know, I don't really understand.  The alternate functions are printed on the front of the keycaps, but you bought aftermarket caps for it.  Unless this is some special release of the board with this particular look, or were these keycaps made specifically for this keyboard?
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Offline jaffers

« Reply #8095 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 19:27:26 »
Realforce 87UW (unknown switches ~ SURPRISE FOR ME! :) )
NPKC 17 Switch Tester
Gateron Blank PTB Caps (Milk main with Light Grey modifiers)

Orders
GMK Classic Beige set (Hopefully it reaches MOQ!!)
80 Zealios Switches
Out of the Vault - Series 3 caps: Junktown Novelties

Sooo excite. Waiting game now!

Offline quochung1989

• Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #8096 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 20:38:27 »
Hyper Fuse GMK reached customs  :))

Offline raymogi

« Reply #8097 on: Thu, 10 September 2015, 20:42:43 »
Lots of thing is in the air somewhere.

4 BroBots, 3 Bro Esc, 1 Limeade Fn set, 1 BroBot v1, 1 KWK Fn set, 1 candycorn skull, 1 gumrot ogre, 1 brohoho reaper, and other **** that I already forgot.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline jcoffin1981

Re: It's in the mail... Tiger Exports
« Reply #8098 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 00:41:02 »
Anybody ordered from Tiger Exports?  I ordered a board 4 days ago and paid about $10.50 for expediated shipping.  Economy shipping would have been free.  Two day shipping would have been close to $20 and I think there was overnight for a substantial amount.  Anyways, the tracking info hasn't even posted yet, but there is a tracking number for priority mail 2 day delivery, so they just hold the package.  So it looks like I'm most likely looking at 7-8 days for delivery for $10.50.  I wonder how much longer the economy would have taken?  (this is Amazon, not directly from the website, and "Prime" was not an option)  Does anybody think this is ridiculous?  There is no reason they can't box and ship a board for an order on a Sunday night and have it boxed and shipped within 24 to 36 hours.

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8099 on: Fri, 11 September 2015, 06:50:44 »
Lots of thing is in the air somewhere.

4 BroBots, 3 Bro Esc, 1 Limeade Fn set, 1 BroBot v1, 1 KWK Fn set, 1 candycorn skull, 1 gumrot ogre, 1 brohoho reaper, and other **** that I already forgot.

Dang. Your artisan game is on point...and all at once too!