Author Topic: It's in the mail...  (Read 2300832 times)

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
Re: It's in the mail...
« Reply #1700 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 17:54:17 »
Last night I ordered a yihua 936, some soldering wick, solder, head light/magnifier thing, safety glasses just incase, hakko tip cleaner, dupont lube, 62g and 65g springs, and mx clears.
You are a wise man.

He's #yihuanation!

Hmmm, maybe I should pick one up. PM me a link to one dubs, so I can look at it! Thanks Pho <3
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 July 2013, 17:59:23 by VesperSAINT »

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1701 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 17:59:06 »
PM'd
we need more in yihua nation!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #1702 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 17:59:37 »
PM'd

Thankies! I just got it <3 Must seee~

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #1703 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 19:38:14 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1704 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 19:48:56 »

Offline ImperfectLink

« Reply #1705 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 20:10:18 »
Filco Minila w/ Reds.

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #1706 on: Wed, 24 July 2013, 21:12:40 »
PM'd
I want in on this!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1707 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 19:38:09 »
SDL to USB cable for my other Model M :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules

Offline tehsprayer

« Reply #1709 on: Sun, 28 July 2013, 18:51:24 »
The Realforce 87u 55g Black from EK!!!

Hopefully my only topre keyboard, too much money!

REΛLFORCE 87U - uniform 55g

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1710 on: Sun, 28 July 2013, 21:19:09 »
The Realforce 87u 55g Black from EK!!!

Hopefully my only topre keyboard, too much money!
Nice, you're gonna love it.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline jameslr

« Reply #1711 on: Sun, 28 July 2013, 21:34:52 »
Not quite in the mail yet, but I pre-ordered a Ducky Shine III with blue MX / blue backlight from MK. Pretty stoked to see it in person. I'm sure it's going to be a great board.
CM Novatouch | Filco MJ2 TKL w/ HID Lib | REΛLFORCE 87U 55g | CM QFR

Offline UniClown

« Reply #1712 on: Sun, 28 July 2013, 21:39:50 »
PM'd
I want in on this!!!

Get in on the yihua nationnnnn

How useful is the tip that comes with the station for soldering keyboard PCB's? WFD recommends a wedge tip, but I was curious of your and others of the yihua nations opinion.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1713 on: Sun, 28 July 2013, 21:45:14 »
PM'd
I want in on this!!!

Get in on the yihua nationnnnn

How useful is the tip that comes with the station for soldering keyboard PCB's? WFD recommends a wedge tip, but I was curious of your and others of the yihua nations opinion.
I bought a d2.4 chisel with mine. Cost me like £2
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1714 on: Sun, 28 July 2013, 22:34:49 »
SDL to USB cable for my other Model M is still in the mail.
More polycab keycaps from KeyPop.

USB<>PS/2 adaptor seems to have gone missing.
A couple of novelty keycaps also seem to have gone missing.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #1715 on: Sun, 28 July 2013, 22:53:00 »

the tip it comes with is pretty ****ty in itself, and i have some hakko replacements coming, which naturally fit

Offline Retox

« Reply #1716 on: Sun, 28 July 2013, 23:22:48 »
WASD V2 barebones with clear switches.... this after an unnamed party dumped a soda on my ergo clear QFR
QFR with ergo clears

Offline bianco

« Reply #1717 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 07:55:53 »
more translucent keycaps from keypop

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1718 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 07:59:27 »
more translucent keycaps from keypop

^^ me 2!

And some tools for work.

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #1719 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 08:01:27 »
Hakko FX888, some Kester 44, and a Soldapullt :) Can't wait for the next round of Ergo-Dox GB's!
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline tehsprayer

« Reply #1720 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 09:08:57 »
WASD V2 barebones with clear switches.... this after an unnamed party dumped a soda on my ergo clear QFR
I was going to get this, decided to get a realforce instead.

REΛLFORCE 87U - uniform 55g

Offline bakteria

« Reply #1721 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 11:30:44 »
Poker 2 in the mail. Should be here any day now.
Also got a MKC Alu case and a bunch of tai hao sets on the way as well. (not shipped yet)
SS 7G black - Pure red - poker blue (MKC Tray)

Offline Tarzan

• formerly known as Greystoke
  • * Maker
« Reply #1722 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 11:36:35 »
Ducky DK9008G2 Dark Grey PBT (Cherry MX Dark Grey)
Ducky DK9008G2 Dark Grey PBT (Cherry MX Clear)

And I pre-ordered the Ducky DK9008 Shine 3 with green LEDs (Cherry MX Black switches), so it's in a sort of future-state mail.

:cool:

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1723 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 11:38:58 »

And I pre-ordered the Ducky DK9008 Shine 3 with green LEDs (Cherry MX Black switches), so it's in a sort of future-state mail.

Lots of cool keyboards!  Dark Gray switches though--I hope you have fingers of steel! :)
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1724 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 11:41:09 »

Nice get bro!!

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #1725 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 11:42:36 »

Lots of cool keyboards!  Dark Gray switches though--I hope you have fingers of steel! :)

I was looking around for someone who had one of these, and was reselling it, but then I figured I should do the right thing and support Mechanical Keyboards with my keyboard dollars.  If I absolutely hate it I'm sure I can sell it or do something with the PCB/case.

I find MX Greens to be a little light, and buckling springs are just about right, so I think Dark Greys are worth a try.  I really should order some Grays from 7bit, though, since I like tactile switches better than linear, but at least these come already soldered on a keyboard.

Offline unnatural

« Reply #1726 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 12:11:53 »

More
Some thin pbt keycaps from qtan as well as a second ducky shine 2 in the mail for me.

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #1727 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 16:06:46 »
Minicom IV Ultratec Hearing Assistance Phone

Saw a discussion of Super Blacks, and IvanIvan mentioned this phone adapter uses one on the space bar.  Plus the other vintage blacks, and some interesting keycaps, so I took the eBay gamble once again.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1728 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 16:15:45 »

Saw a discussion of Super Blacks, and IvanIvan mentioned this phone adapter uses one on the space bar.  Plus the other vintage blacks, and some interesting keycaps, so I took the eBay gamble once again.

^^ This is exciting.

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #1729 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 16:22:53 »

^^ This is exciting.

It only has a 42-key (?) layout, with what looks like a non-standard spacebar, but that's enough keys for one of my TG3 cop car keyboards.  We'll see, it's supposed to arrive by Wednesday.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1730 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 16:23:55 »

^^ This is exciting.

It only has a 42-key (?) layout, with what looks like a non-standard spacebar, but that's enough keys for one of my TG3 cop car keyboards.  We'll see, it's supposed to arrive by Wednesday.

(Attachment Link)

Hopefully there is a nice surprise under the spacebar.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #1731 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 16:33:04 »

^^ This is exciting.

(Attachment Link)

score. i tried to get one of these a while ago but the seller disappeared and i had to file a paypal dispute. i LOVE the number row on those.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline xSpartanCx

« Reply #1732 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 17:14:33 »
I bought a bunch of switches from 7bit, It's gonna be a long while before I get them.

Offline Wall Street

« Reply #1733 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 17:15:03 »
I've got a G81-3000 coming in the mail.  Time to see what all of this Cherry MY hate/praise is about.

I'm loving the buckling spring Unicomp I'm using at home but need a much much quieter keyboard for work.  At the price I had to give this a try.  If it sucks, it will be a keycap donor for whatever the next board is.  I need to emphasize that I work in a trade floor style arrangement so noise really wasn't acceptable in the decision making criteria and hence I got the bastardized hybrid switch.  I need to badly replace the stock Dell that my work provided me (in circa 2010 when they replaced my PC) which now binds very badly on all of the stabilized keys and many of the others despite through cleaning.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #1734 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 17:16:38 »
A realforce 87u-silent....solely for parts.  Making a RF 87u-55g silent.
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #1735 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 22:00:35 »
It's not in the mail yet but #soonTM

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #1736 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 22:01:30 »
3700 sweetness

Offline mroldmanfunk

« Reply #1737 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 23:38:06 »
MKC Keycap puller c:

Offline UniClown

« Reply #1738 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 23:49:59 »
I've got a G81-3000 coming in the mail.  Time to see what all of this Cherry MY hate/praise is about.

I'm loving the buckling spring Unicomp I'm using at home but need a much much quieter keyboard for work.  At the price I had to give this a try.  If it sucks, it will be a keycap donor for whatever the next board is.  I need to emphasize that I work in a trade floor style arrangement so noise really wasn't acceptable in the decision making criteria and hence I got the bastardized hybrid switch.  I need to badly replace the stock Dell that my work provided me (in circa 2010 when they replaced my PC) which now binds very badly on all of the stabilized keys and many of the others despite through cleaning.

Lol, the people promoting them are joking/trolling.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1739 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 23:55:31 »

Lol, the people promoting them are joking/trolling.

Maybe it started like that, but the number of posts spread across the forum, new members wondering what kind of keyboard to get will be confused between en ErgoDox and a MY.

Offline MKULTRA

• telling it how it is
« Reply #1740 on: Mon, 29 July 2013, 23:57:54 »

Aren't trade floors loud as ****?  Why would noise matter?

Offline muad

« Reply #1741 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 23:38:41 »
WASD v2 barebones brown
Blank imsto beige thick pbt set for wasd v2 (waiting on GH GB)
Orange Blank PBT ESC key for wasd v2

For Quickfire Stealth w/ cherry mx browns:
Cherry doubleshot classic black on beige from originative
EK Cherry doubleshots RGB modifiers and a blue and green enter key (not sure if ill just use one of the enter keys or the RGB mods... but not together. Too tacky imo

Offline Toad1677

« Reply #1742 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 23:53:00 »
Got a Crap Bag from SP coming :cool:
QFR MX Blue, Blackbird MX Blue, KBP V60 MX Green, KUL ES-87 MX Green, Pok3r Mx Clear

Offline Jrwestcoast

« Reply #1743 on: Tue, 30 July 2013, 23:56:06 »
Got a WASD v2 barebones clear. Will be my second board. 

Offline Masterchief79

« Reply #1744 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 08:50:18 »
Another vintage find, a foldable mechanical keyboard, is on its way to my place :)

Taiwanese Fake-Model F with MX black copies (1984) | Apple Keyboard (salmon Alps 1987) | G80-1000HDD vintage blacks (1987) | G80-1000HFD vintage blues | G80-1800HFD | QPad MK50 browns | AEK II

Offline BlueBär

« Reply #1745 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 09:40:03 »
Another vintage find, a foldable mechanical keyboard, is on its way to my place :)

Ah yes seen that one on ebay and was wondering if it was MX. I hope you dont scrap it!

Offline Tarzan

• * Maker
« Reply #1746 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 09:44:49 »
Set of keycaps from Deck full-size keyboard (with the pirate key!), and set of new Cherry G80-8200 caps. 

Offline Masterchief79

« Reply #1747 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 10:06:11 »
@BlueBär: Never, it stays the way it is, it will make a nice addition to my collection. I hope it's really mechanical and maybe with some kind of ALPS I don't already have. MX would be nice, too, but I think that's rather unprobable. Doubleshots keycap would be awesome but I think they are pad-printed. Should be here in 2 days.
Taiwanese Fake-Model F with MX black copies (1984) | Apple Keyboard (salmon Alps 1987) | G80-1000HDD vintage blacks (1987) | G80-1000HFD vintage blues | G80-1800HFD | QPad MK50 browns | AEK II

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1748 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 16:51:46 »

Show Image

Hope it arrives unscathed - these folding keyboards seem to attract careless posties!

Offline Wall Street

« Reply #1749 on: Wed, 31 July 2013, 18:36:21 »
Aren't trade floors loud as ****?  Why would noise matter?

I work in syndicated loans and am not really a trader - the trade desks with the yelling are usually fixed income or equity desks.  This environment isn't really that loud although there is quite a bit of office banter.  That being said, there is only about four feet and no walls between my keyboard and my colleagues who sit on either side of me (that is what I meant by trade floor style).