Author Topic: Steampunk anyone?  (Read 3166 times)

Offline d4rkst4r

Steampunk anyone?
« on: Wed, 30 September 2009, 02:51:14 »
This would go good with one of those steampunk keyboards with the typewriter keys.

For sale here.

Shipping from down under might be prohibitive, though.
Italian Red FKB104M/EB · Deck Legend Ice (tactile) · AEKII

Offline roaduck

Steampunk anyone?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 30 September 2009, 05:55:57 »
Quote from: d4rkst4r;121607
This would go good with one of those steampunk keyboards with the typewriter keys.

For sale here.

Shipping from down under might be prohibitive, though.

That is absolutely scrumptious - work of art and you can tell it's a labour of love.For $1K , I think that it's a bargain considering the time and effort going into making it.
BS : IBM 1391406
Other keyboards - don\'t ask

Offline itlnstln

Steampunk anyone?
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 30 September 2009, 07:20:53 »
Steampunk really isn't my thing, but the artist did a good job, and for 1K, it's not a bad price, either.

Offline Rajagra

Steampunk anyone?
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 30 September 2009, 12:00:08 »
If that thing makes espresso, I'll take it! :laugh:

Offline roaduck

Steampunk anyone?
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 30 September 2009, 14:09:26 »
Although steampunk is not my cup of tea, I like hand-made, idiosyncratic designs made from natural materials.

The thing about Steampunk stuff is even after the electronic gubbins stop working or become obsolete, it will still be worth something purely from an aesthetic point of view.Obviously ,you'd need sympathetic interior design to show it to best effect as well.

They are a work of art and a computer etc plus they are totally original one-offs which is next to impossible to find in the world of electronics.

Offline d4rkst4r

Steampunk anyone?
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 30 September 2009, 16:05:56 »
I thought it was more interesting than the average plexiglass window case mod. It's art I guess.

I'm drawn to things that are created with aesthetics and function in mind. Steampunk is sci-fi / fantasy type stuff right now. But if you think about it, what would a computer look like in the post-oil future?
Italian Red FKB104M/EB · Deck Legend Ice (tactile) · AEKII

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Steampunk anyone?
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 30 September 2009, 18:05:49 »
That's one funny-looking monitor, but mine looks older!
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline roaduck

Steampunk anyone?
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 01 October 2009, 01:17:53 »
Quote from: microsoft windows;121865
That's one funny-looking monitor, but mine looks older!

I was was just pondering why there is that wheel contraption around the monitor.Is it to tilt the monitor vertically for portrait mode like you can do on my Edge10 24" ws ? I dunno.

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
Steampunk anyone?
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 01 October 2009, 01:32:48 »
I am a fan of the steampunk movement and as an artist that works in the entertainment industry that many times replicates these ideals/looks I have really come to appreciate outlandish stuff...but that monitor...ekkk... is really out there! haahaa, I think its nice, just a bit overly bulky and not quite as "tight/clever" many steampunk designs. It's nice to see different stuff though :)

Quote from: d4rkst4r;121820
I thought it was more interesting than the average plexiglass window case mod. It's art I guess.

I'm drawn to things that are created with aesthetics and function in mind. Steampunk is sci-fi / fantasy type stuff right now. But if you think about it, what would a computer look like in the post-oil future?

probably exactly the same... plant based composites (you can make plastic out of anything practically, soy for instance. But that's lame, I wan't my all metal desktop that can naturally patina with the best of em!
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 October 2009, 01:34:02 by clickclack »
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory