Author Topic: High quality japanese mouse pads on SALE  (Read 41599 times)

Offline db_Iodine

High quality japanese mouse pads on SALE
« Reply #100 on: Sat, 15 January 2011, 13:45:18 »
Quote from: PikachuDX;278576
Got both of mine today. Very please with them, and much prefer the 'hard' to the 'soft'.

I hope I like the hard one better also, since it's the one I ordered in blue. I don't think a red mousepad would look good on my desk.

I just confirmed that I can pick my mousepads from my local post office on monday. I'll report my thoughts on both then.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline phillip

« Reply #101 on: Sat, 15 January 2011, 16:13:32 »
I wish I could have gotten them in blue :(

I played cs for awhile today using the soft pad...it was okay.  I'll try the hard pad next time.  I've been using a funcpad f10.s for the last few months which is a hard plastic pad.

Offline PikachuDX

« Reply #102 on: Sat, 15 January 2011, 17:30:22 »
K(Lz{XjOjKzF%QREJ67v.rE1liK&f70O7(kkz#Fykyf!}rWlO,
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 June 2023, 05:37:16 by PikachuDX »

Offline ironman31

« Reply #103 on: Sat, 15 January 2011, 18:11:25 »
nice idea
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #104 on: Sun, 16 January 2011, 03:41:30 »
Quote from: phillip;279148
I played cs for awhile today using the soft pad...it was okay.  I'll try the hard pad next time.  I've been using a funcpad f10.s for the last few months which is a hard plastic pad.

Seems like the hard version might just be the better choice for you. http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1994230

I've been keeping an eye on this pad for a while now. Unfortunately most of the reviews are Japanese and even then in severely broken English through the translator. It's at least nearly the size of puretrak about 45cm or so(large).

Though I kinda worry how much of a lasting period do these pads have if they wear out. My talent is pretty worn mostly dirty but kinda worn either way towards the southern edge. Plus I always noticed when trying to aim with the wrist it just doesn't work out too well and end up missing kinda worried getting another cloth pad and having a similar issue which becomes really annoying sometimes.

And the Kai.g2 g and I believe U-T versions also seem interesting(not as big though) to have some glass beads embedded into the surface. But no one seems to have done a review on them. Kinda worried about heavy gaming on the icemat(I-2) since it's been known to eat mice feet and it's a nice pad but I guess it's not for my style, not to say I hate it great for desktop but the way I play.(Maybe if I played my old high sensitivity way I'd probably enjoy it more)

Offline eXellenty

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 17 January 2011, 03:10:49 »
I ordered one as well but didnīt receive any conformation email... I think there are too many orders and they are too busy with sending the mousepads than answering questions T.T

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 17 January 2011, 03:14:45 »
I just received my pads. First impressions are better on the hard than on the soft. I don't really know how to explain why it feels better, but it just does. I prefer the hard over both Steelseries SX and Qck+, but the soft might just lose to SX a bit.

One thing I immediately noticed about these pads is the friction. It's significantly different vertically and horizontally. It's actually kind of sticky with vertical movement. This isn't a big deal to me since my mouse is at high sensitivity and I have almost 6000 pixels horizontally and just 1200 vertically.

Overall I'm quite pleased with the quality of both of these pads and I'm definitely going to be using the hard pad from now on. Still pondering if the soft pad could be used somewhere else, or if it's going to stay in it's package as a good spare pad.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline wap32

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 17 January 2011, 08:50:25 »
I never got an e-mail with shipping info, but the pad just came today (hard version, blue).

First impressions are good, it's not as smooth as my ultimat, but it's half the price so I can't complain.

I definitely feel the difference in friction with vertical/horizontal movements, but overall the cloth surface provides good control without too much traction.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 January 2011, 09:18:56 by wap32 »

Offline eXellenty

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 17 January 2011, 10:16:33 »
Quote from: wap32;279820
I never got an e-mail with shipping info, but the pad just came today (hard version, blue).

First impressions are good, it's not as smooth as my ultimat, but it's half the price so I can't complain.

I definitely feel the difference in friction with vertical/horizontal movements, but overall the cloth surface provides good control without too much traction.

when did you order it?

Offline PikachuDX

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 17 January 2011, 10:39:23 »
bGs@D)DY1Flj56BT^SFwHLPoLwmdX[~x$L]1U;WGvgW}dIW$TK
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 June 2023, 05:37:41 by PikachuDX »

Offline wap32

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 17 January 2011, 12:09:57 »
Quote from: eXellenty;279855
when did you order it?

Jan 5th.

Here are some pics.

After a little more use, I'm still not sure if I prefer it over my ultimat, which is very slick.
The Hien is like sandpaper in comparison, but the cloth texture does provide more control.
Another thing I'm curious about is how it'll hold against dirt and my sweaty hands...

Ultimat on top, the Hien is a little wider.

As it's been said, the base is made from a rubbery material that does an excellent job of keeping the pad in place, and isn't spongy at all so it provides a stable surface.

Detail of the cloth surface (click to enlarge).
As said earlier, there is more friction when moving the mouse vertically, but it's not very noticeable.

Overall it's a pretty good pad for the price, definitely much better other cloth pads I've tried.
However, if you're looking for a slick, gliding surface, you might want to look somewhere else.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 January 2011, 15:06:04 by wap32 »

Offline eXellenty

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 17 January 2011, 13:31:59 »
if i receive my pad i will order some more and sell them because it looks like the pad is really solid

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 17 January 2011, 13:46:02 »
What kind of keyboard do you have? Looks like an MX11800 with black keycaps. Looks pretty sweet!

Offline ironman31

« Reply #113 on: Mon, 17 January 2011, 14:38:08 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;279955
What kind of keyboard do you have? Looks like an MX11800 with black keycaps. Looks pretty sweet!

Looks like the round 1 keycaps
Keyboards:
IBM Model M Space Saving Keyboard (Used), HHKB Pro 2 (White, Lettered), Realforce 87U all-45g in White, Filco Majestouch 2 TKL with Cherry MX Browns, Model F PC/ATNoppoo Choc Mini (MX Browns), Model F XT, IBM Model M 1397735 (bought NIB), (2) Siig Minitouch (GHSS) one with XM, one with complicated ALPs (modded),2 Dell AT101W, Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (modded with MX browns)

Pointing Devices:
Logitech G500, Evoluent VerticalMouse 3, Logitech G5, CST 2545W, Microsoft IntelliMouse Trackball, Logitech M570, Logitech MX revolution

Offline wap32

« Reply #114 on: Mon, 17 January 2011, 15:00:57 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;279955

It's the round 1 keyset as ironman31 pointed out.
Unfortunately, the MX11800 doesn't have a Windows key and mine is ISO, so the whole bottom row and Shift keys don't fit.
Makes for a wired white/grey/black combo.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 17 January 2011, 17:24:31 »
I like it. Nice keyboard choice.

Offline wap32

« Reply #116 on: Mon, 17 January 2011, 17:42:53 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;280068
I like it. Nice keyboard choice.

Thanks.
I was close to buying a more expensive Filco Zero instead.
I'm glad I didn't because I like the PCB mount browns a lot and I don't think the white XMs would suit me.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 17 January 2011, 18:11:55 »
PCB browns FTW! The MX11800 is one of the few keyboards I've owned that I wish I hadn't sold. I plan to pick up a clean one of them someday. If they had 6kro they would be in my top keyboard list.

Offline eXellenty

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 18 January 2011, 03:54:52 »
ordered my at the 14th and got my tracking code today. they sent it yesterday.

Offline PikachuDX

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 18 January 2011, 11:41:38 »
A~lw{x+G#P0q4dSKgKGp-if0cw,1-S+JReda%gc,g#v1DC[5('
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 June 2023, 05:37:53 by PikachuDX »

Offline sixty

• http://deskthority.net
« Reply #120 on: Tue, 18 January 2011, 11:44:42 »
So mine is in German customs, LOL. I am now actually pretty confident I am on a black list or something, if even cheap junk like this ends up in customs. I calculated out that I will have to pay around 1 Euro in fees. You are joking, right DHL?

Offline wap32

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 18 January 2011, 12:27:12 »
Quote from: PikachuDX;280434
Good choice on the cans. ;)

Indeed. =)
But they do need an amp to sound their best.

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 18 January 2011, 13:14:32 »
Quote from: ripster;280441
I'm not getting what makes this one so iketeiru (Iketeiru is better than Otaku).  The rough one looks way too slow.  The other one looks like a standard mouse pad.

Different surfaces produce different results. Not all of them are the same. Some are more rough, slick, smooth etc.etc. Some mice have improved tracking on them with different surfaces and in some cases worse. Same with hard pads not all of them have the same or similar surface.

The ripper xxl is quite thin at 1/8" not everyone likes thin pads which produce different results from thick pads.

As for the basic generic look. Some have mentioned the company releases periodic refreshes per year or something and on the prior models had no markings but they have been adding their logo at the bottom.

Offline killy

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 18 January 2011, 17:39:41 »
I bought a 'hard' red one, because it was $20 USD ... and why not?

Ripster: Although a lot of crap on their website may seem like lies, I can actually smell hints of polymer science and engineering in what they're saying. Hard to believe, I know... and again, not sure if it can translate into real world differences.

Offline Half-Saint

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 20 January 2011, 01:48:59 »
My package got held up in the customs. Let's hope I don't have to pay import tax :P
IBM Model M (6) - Acer Alcatel 6312-KW - IBM Model M Space Saver - IBM Model M 122-key - Cherry G80-3000 (2) - IBM Model F AT - TG3 BL82A (2)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline killy

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 20 January 2011, 19:02:43 »
Took one day to get from Japan to Canada ... now it will spend a week collecting dust at customs.

Offline Half-Saint

« Reply #126 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 01:08:36 »
Picked up my pads yesterday. The L size is huge!
IBM Model M (6) - Acer Alcatel 6312-KW - IBM Model M Space Saver - IBM Model M 122-key - Cherry G80-3000 (2) - IBM Model F AT - TG3 BL82A (2)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #127 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 02:06:09 »
Quote from: Half-Saint;282144

Wonder if they will do a larger size considering they are right on the money for the sizes chosen. Though for some 45cmx35cm, doesn't cut it.

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #128 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 02:16:08 »
Quote from: Half-Saint;282144

Wonder if they will make a larger version considering for some 45cmx30cm just doesn't cut it.

Offline PikachuDX

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 07:09:10 »
8kF-eLu%x0X~68wg6pTTK-DLww&J8F=jq]DXwt;Rr=ip2,3Cig
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 June 2023, 05:38:05 by PikachuDX »

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 10:50:39 »
I've been using the KAI g3 soft the past few days, it's quite nice. My Dell Tactx (G9x variant) glides over it rather smoothly compared to traditional cloth pads, with just enough friction to provide an appreciable amount of control.

I'll be trying the KAI g3 hard over the next few days for comparison purposes.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 13:01:14 »
Quote from: Vittra;282307
I've been using the KAI g3 soft the past few days, it's quite nice. My Dell Tactx (G9x variant) glides over it rather smoothly compared to traditional cloth pads, with just enough friction to provide an appreciable amount of control.

I'll be trying the KAI g3 hard over the next few days for comparison purposes.

The hard one has noticeably less friction than the soft. For this reason I really like the hard one a lot. It's got to be the best mouse pad I've ever used.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Vittra

• Airflow Optimizer
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 13:23:23 »
I imagined that would be the case based on peoples opinons and what I've been reading, yes. Looking foward to trying it out moreso than the soft really. Although I'm fond of cloth pads, I've been using a hard pad for the past year or so (Func 1030 Archtype) and i've really come to appreciate the smooth, unrestricted glide of hard surface pads. I'm interested to see how the KAI hard will measure up to the Func 1030 Archetype. A hard surface with just a slight amount of friction to provide some measure of control would be perfect for me.
Filco MJ Linear R LE TKL

Offline db_Iodine

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 21 January 2011, 13:38:37 »
The hard g3 is still a cloth pad. The surface is just harder than the surface on soft.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline killy

« Reply #134 on: Tue, 25 January 2011, 20:05:09 »
So I have the hard red Kai.G3 HEIN (what a mouthful).

First impressions: the pad itself is a lot stiffer than the Qck medium I have previously. It feels like it has a lot more substance, and when I lifted the Qck I realized how flimsy it is. The surface has a highly irregular pattern in the weave.

The top is a lot smoother than the Qck, and its stiffness also contributes to that.

Overall, while I had no problem with the Qck, if I had to pick I would probably pick the Hien.

Offline Half-Saint

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 21 February 2011, 02:20:04 »
I just unpacked the first G3 MEDIUM HARD and played a couple of hours of Team Fortress 2. A pleasant surprise!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline delgo

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 24 March 2011, 18:37:09 »
I hope I do not bump something that should not be bumped but I am really wondering if you want an O or a X next to your mouse for it to work with it?

In the list: work list
KB\'s: Filco TKL MJ2 Ergo Clear/Brown Swedish ISO, HHKB white blank, IBM Model M 1990 ISO
On the way:  Phantom!

Offline HaveANiceDay

« Reply #137 on: Thu, 24 March 2011, 18:47:17 »
Experience in Japanese video games tells me that O is yes and X is no.
Those menus are awkward to navigate when you are accustomed to press X to accept.
Filco Tenkeyless Brown with beige cherry doubleshots (home)
Realforce 86U (work)
Get you own Phantom NAO!

Offline delgo

« Reply #138 on: Thu, 24 March 2011, 18:49:35 »
Thanks for the fast answer, I thought the same as you until I read that a poster on the first and second page called ironman31 bought one which had a X with his mouse and from what it seems it worked fine?

Although I am pretty sure it is as you say
KB\'s: Filco TKL MJ2 Ergo Clear/Brown Swedish ISO, HHKB white blank, IBM Model M 1990 ISO
On the way:  Phantom!

Offline suntorytime

« Reply #139 on: Thu, 24 March 2011, 21:31:11 »
Just for reference though, I can confirm the original death adder optical and death adder 3.5g both work absolutely fine on the KAI.g2 U, whereas it's marked X on the list. So i wouldn't entirely trust that list. I can also test my Ikari laser on it later if anyone wants.

Edit: Can also test mouse performance on a G3 surface with following mice: ikari, IE3.0, DA/Black edition, g9, naga, orochi.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 March 2011, 21:40:25 by suntorytime »

Offline CeeSA

« Reply #140 on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 12:57:08 »
they should offer XL sizes. why stop with L

Offline phillip

« Reply #141 on: Fri, 25 March 2011, 14:05:07 »
Agreed.  I run out of room quickly on the L pad

Offline Half-Saint

« Reply #142 on: Mon, 28 March 2011, 00:23:04 »
I don't get it. How big are your hand movements??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline CeeSA

« Reply #143 on: Mon, 28 March 2011, 03:50:23 »
Currently I use a mouse pad 483mm x 356mm.
before that my mouse pad was 420mm x ???mm and I am often come to the edge

6cm more or less can make all the difference ;)

Offline phillip

« Reply #144 on: Mon, 28 March 2011, 08:29:27 »
Quote from: Half-Saint;319897
I don't get it. How big are your hand movements??

Big enough.  I play counterstrike with low sensitivity :)

Offline qvindtar

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 28 March 2011, 18:53:16 »
This forum is evil. I don't even need a new mousepad. But I got a big red one comin' in the mail.
Metallic Blue Filco with MX Browns Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4k, Logitech G11

Offline paat

« Reply #146 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 02:21:14 »
Just ordered one yesterday. I'm curious about it. :)

Offline phillip

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 09:55:01 »
I really liked mine, but I ended up switching back to a supermat yesterday.  I kinda wanted to go back to the qck heavy because it's the biggest pad I have but it looks so gross with what I assume is skin dust on it lol

Offline Parabellum

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 14:36:46 »
Durability, anyone?

Offline phillip

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 29 March 2011, 15:40:40 »
No issues or markings on mine with heavy use for however long I've had it