Author Topic: eBay: 4x Realforce 89S 10AE no reserve  (Read 18223 times)

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
Re: eBay: 4x Realforce 89S 10AE no reserve
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 16:47:18 »
I would have never bought from someone on ebay with zero feedback, selling a high priced item, especially multiples of them. If they send you a box with rocks with tracking and paypal favors them, then you lose out on the keyboard and your money. But most likely, paypal will be in your favor, but you still lose out on time and headache spent on communication and filing disputes, then having to wait maybe a few weeks or months to get your money reimbursed.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 16:59:27 »
Everybody needs a hobby, right?  :)
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 28 June 2013, 19:35:55 »
I'll take few rocks and bricks with the package dear sir
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 10:42:20 »
whitefiredragon

As I said in a lengthy post above, I don't think the seller will totally sell nothing or send rocks and bricks. I think he will indeed send a Realforce. The problem with Chinese manufacturing, however, is that a foreign orderer like Topre of Japan won't have total control over the production process. The Chinese can easily manufacture lots of knockoffs in the same factory, except at vastly inferior specs. These are usually sold on the black market or domestic market because the average Chinese consumer really can't afford to pay Western prices for Western-quality stuff.

As an Asian I am very familiar with the abundance of cheap knockoffs. A lot are really made in the same factory, so they look totally like the real thing. But they fall apart real fast.

So if George gets his keyboard for $32 or whatever, I think the keyboard will fail within a few weeks and make George Furiousgeorge. But George isn't going to be able to claim anything from paypal...
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 18:03:35 »
Interesting! I hate people getting scammed, but assuming you guys do get some kind of knockoff keyboard, I'd love to see what the tear-down looks like.

Offline Topre

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 18:17:16 »
whitefiredragon

As I said in a lengthy post above, I don't think the seller will totally sell nothing or send rocks and bricks. I think he will indeed send a Realforce. The problem with Chinese manufacturing, however, is that a foreign orderer like Topre of Japan won't have total control over the production process. The Chinese can easily manufacture lots of knockoffs in the same factory, except at vastly inferior specs. These are usually sold on the black market or domestic market because the average Chinese consumer really can't afford to pay Western prices for Western-quality stuff.

As an Asian I am very familiar with the abundance of cheap knockoffs. A lot are really made in the same factory, so they look totally like the real thing. But they fall apart real fast.

So if George gets his keyboard for $32 or whatever, I think the keyboard will fail within a few weeks and make George Furiousgeorge. But George isn't going to be able to claim anything from paypal...

I am pretty sure that all Realforce keyboards are currently made in Japan. The only Chinese Topre keyboard at the moment is the Leopold FC660C, and soon there will be the Topre Heaven that will also be made in China.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 18:33:55 »
Interesting! I hate people getting scammed, but assuming you guys do get some kind of knockoff keyboard, I'd love to see what the tear-down looks like.
I will be taking apart whatever I receive, as is my custom.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 20:54:49 »
Topre, if you're right, then there is no way for a Chinese seller to send anything except an empty box or else back out claiming his dog ate his Toupee or Topre haha.

But nowadays lots of 'made in non-China' products are actually made in China by contract. Only the label or some final touch is made in the 'non-China' location.

I was reading something that said if you made 60% of an Italian garment in China and the last 40% in Italy, it would be Made in Italy also.

whitefiredragon

I am pretty sure that all Realforce keyboards are currently made in Japan. The only Chinese Topre keyboard at the moment is the Leopold FC660C, and soon there will be the Topre Heaven that will also be made in China.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 03:23:46 »
According to HP, they are required to make some percentage of their computers in the US, I pressed the representative and she said it was about 10-15% (to keep costs down I'm sure). This was not some "assembled in the USA" apple BS, and of course it doesn't apply to some of their OEM parts (like the fans, etc.) but according to them, 10-15% of their elitebook laptops and workstations are made in the USA.

That said , most of the OEMs are in asia.

The interesting part is, since we are a global marketplace, it would be hard indeed to make an entire product in one country, especially if it's electronic. Even if you make your PCB's locally, you have to watch out: as most components are produced in asia. Going past that, you'd have to ensure that the materials that go into making said components aren't sourced elsewhere. So it becomes a difficult task, indeed.

Hopefully I will be receiving my keyboard in a few short weeks.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 07:45:30 »
did u received notification that has been mailed? tracking perhaps?

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 14:11:32 »
did u received notification that has been mailed? tracking perhaps?
Not yet, though I only messaged the seller about it Thursday or Friday.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 14:20:25 »
I should be getting two sent to my apartment. I will post pictures. But I cannot do a teardown because they're not mine.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 14:48:01 »
soi what you're saying is you outbit me CPT =(

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 14:48:39 »
I didn't bid on anything. I'm currently Halverson's proxy.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 14:51:28 »
ok fine, Halverson outbit me lol

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 18:36:57 »
ok fine, Halverson outbit me lol

was it you that bid $30 or so on them all right at the end?

It's interesting you know that we all didn't end up bidding against eachother. I only bid on one, and halverson got two. Furiousgeorge got the last, yet we are all apart. I'm glad the price wasn't high.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 30 June 2013, 19:36:41 »
i put in $30 like 3 days ago lol.
got outbid for $31

Offline morpheus

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 09:03:49 »
Were these legit?  Just curious....

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 09:16:47 »
Were these legit?  Just curious....

we are waiting on the winning bidder from GH to report if he receives the keyboard as claimed when he receives the package or a stack of rocks.

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 09:21:40 »
Inb4 Ninja suits  :D

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 10:05:59 »
I still haven't received shipping notification or a tracking number, so maybe the seller is going that route?

Offline Topre

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 12:53:54 »
Not exactly sure how eBay works, but if you don't get a message or a tracking number within 21 days, you should file a dispute. Three weeks is more than enough for someone to ship something from China to USA. Items should be marked shipped within a week to two weeks. I believe eBay/paypal holds the funds for up to 21 days unless if the item is delivered early, in which it will be released earlier. They will probably hold it for longer if the buyer makes a complaint.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 14:33:25 »
I bought a replacement laptop keyboard from China through ebay, and it actually shipped to me quicker than some things from the other side of CONUS.

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #73 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 10:15:53 »
Any updates on shipping?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 10:19:36 »
I haven't gotten any of these boards at my place yet.

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 10:38:08 »
No keyboard and no shipping notification yet. I've sent the seller an email, but don't expect much. I figure I'll probably give it through this week before opening a dispute.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 11:00:29 »
don't open dispute dude, sometimes orders from China can take up to 3-4 weeks. Whoever bought the board, did you guys took the option trough paypal not to release funds until the item arrives and is inspected?

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 12:10:51 »
don't open dispute dude, sometimes orders from China can take up to 3-4 weeks. Whoever bought the board, did you guys took the option trough paypal not to release funds until the item arrives and is inspected?
there is an option for that?

I contacted the seller twice, most recently a week or so ago and have received nothing back.

Normally I don't have ethical issues against donating $30 to charity, but I would rather it go to an honest person rather than a sleazy seller.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 22:21:57 »

I contacted the seller twice, most recently a week or so ago and have received nothing back.

Normally I don't have ethical issues against donating $30 to charity, but I would rather it go to an honest person rather than a sleazy seller.

yes there is an option, pay after u receive the item

Offline Topre

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 16:27:19 »

yes there is an option, pay after u receive the item

How or where you do select that option? I thought you pay first and eBay/Paypal only holds the fund for 21 days. I never heard of a pay after you receive though.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 19:32:29 »
I have seen many times this option, IDK if its only for people that use paypal quite often, but I have seen the option saying pay after you receive the item, and also saying something in terms of special option because I'm constant paypal user. I thought everybody that has paypal should have this option.

EDIT: just tried now trough ebay without finalizing the purchase of course and that option is not there anymore.... I know was there before, never used it but when I sold my AMD 1090 on ebay, seller didn't released funds until he received the CPU and tested it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 July 2013, 19:39:21 by bazemk1979 »

Offline orlando

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 19:48:04 »
I have seen many times this option, IDK if its only for people that use paypal quite often, but I have seen the option saying pay after you receive the item, and also saying something in terms of special option because I'm constant paypal user. I thought everybody that has paypal should have this option.

EDIT: just tried now trough ebay without finalizing the purchase of course and that option is not there anymore.... I know was there before, never used it but when I sold my AMD 1090 on ebay, seller didn't released funds until he received the CPU and tested it.
It's not the buyer* that holds the funds; paypal will hold your ebay payments if you aren't a well established seller with a record. They usually release them a day after tracking confirms the item has arrived.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 21:06:07 »

It's not the buyer* that holds the funds; paypal will hold your ebay payments if you aren't a well established seller with a record. They usually release them a day after tracking confirms the item has arrived.

nope sold the cpu,ram and few more things, it was the cpu that held the money until the seller released, not having seller feedback was not the issue. I'm telling you guys that option was there 2-3 months a go but not anymore

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 22:45:39 »
Updates?

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 19 July 2013, 23:28:29 »
Contacted the seller again today. We'll see what they have to say about it on Monday.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 21 July 2013, 22:28:20 »
Funny, I was just going to look up this thread and see if there were any updates. I hope everyone gets their refund, if no keyboards are forthcoming.

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 11:52:07 »
Still no update here. No shipping from the seller and no response to emails so I opened a dispute today. I don't expect there will be any issues with a refund.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 11:54:28 »
I was at least hoping someone would get a box of rocks or something.

Offline khaangaaroo

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 22 July 2013, 23:46:27 »
Rocks would be unlikely. It would cost the seller extra money to ship something that heavy.
You're more likely to get a wooden plank shaped like a key with "Realforce" written on it. Get it? Realforce key(shaped)(wooden)board.

Hey, it's happened before: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2011/08/wooden-ipad-scam.html

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 13:45:59 »
As expected, no issues getting a refund. It only took an hour and a half from when I escalated the dispute to their customer service department. I really would have liked a chance to try a Topre board without spending $200.

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 13:47:28 »
As expected, no issues getting a refund. It only took an hour and a half from when I escalated the dispute to their customer service department. I really would have liked a chance to try a Topre board without spending $200.

Troll the classifieds, you can get an FC660C for ~$185 shipped usually ;)
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 13:49:02 »
still more than I can spend at the moment :)

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #92 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 13:58:47 »
LOL at all the people on the first page saying to not worry.

Offline FuriousGeorge

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 14:10:38 »
Well, it wasn't anything I was worried about. I'm not out anything but a couple minutes of time. I could have put the $20 in a savings account and earned a penny or two in interest?

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #94 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 14:26:37 »
Well, it wasn't anything I was worried about. I'm not out anything but a couple minutes of time. I could have put the $20 in a savings account and earned a penny or two in interest?

Ah, I didn't see that you only spend $20.

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 16:59:32 »
to all that won the item, don't forget to leave nasty review....

Offline Thechemist

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 26 July 2013, 18:13:03 »
why bother, it is a throw-away account with 0 feedback that will most likely never be used again.

Offline suparnemo

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 27 July 2013, 10:10:19 »

Troll the classifieds, you can get an FC660C for ~$185 shipped usually ;)

Or you could order a Topre Type Heaven from Amazon if you're in the US from amazon. It ships free too.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 09:37:22 »
Pls tell us, did anyone get their realforce.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 03 January 2014, 09:38:30 »

Pls tell us, did anyone get their realforce.

Fake ones, was so upset.