Author Topic: Looking for a recommendation: Travel mouse  (Read 13290 times)

Offline riktors

Looking for a recommendation: Travel mouse
« on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 23:02:45 »
So I've had an original orochi for quite a long time as my travel mouse. Definitely like the size and travel pouch. I'm looking to get a newer mouse and hopefully one with a little more linux compatibility. Don't really use the bluetooth at all on the orochi but not opposed to the functionality. Definitely need a wired mode at least if it does have wireless. I've been looking around but hoping someone might be able to  :thumb: a particular one.

Thanks!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Looking for a recommendation: Travel mouse
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 10:50:12 »
Obviously G403..

G900 is way to flat.. bad for your wrist..

G403 is the ONLY option, 

Logitech has barnon the best wireless system..

Be warned if you DO g4m3r stuff on your laptop via a 2.4ghz wireless connection..  The mouse will fk with it, it's super powerful (for a mouse)..

5ghz is fine, no interference there.

Offline riktors

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 22:34:52 »
Obviously G403..

G900 is way to flat.. bad for your wrist..

G403 is the ONLY option, 

Logitech has barnon the best wireless system..

Be warned if you DO g4m3r stuff on your laptop via a 2.4ghz wireless connection..  The mouse will fk with it, it's super powerful (for a mouse)..

5ghz is fine, no interference there.

Thanks I'll definitely take a look at that one.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 10:08:15 »
it's Either the g900 or the 403,   there's no other wireless mouse out there that can perform like the logitech,

they've got the wireless aspect cornered.. hahaha

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 01:58:31 »
I second the G403! :thumb:

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 02:02:40 »
So I've had an original orochi for quite a long time as my travel mouse. Definitely like the size and travel pouch. I'm looking to get a newer mouse and hopefully one with a little more linux compatibility. Don't really use the bluetooth at all on the orochi but not opposed to the functionality. Definitely need a wired mode at least if it does have wireless. I've been looking around but hoping someone might be able to  :thumb: a particular one.

Thanks!

I used an orochi for about 3 years before picking up a m570 wireless trackball. That's been my travel mouse for the last 3 years. Insanely comfortable for long hours of use, and keeps me from gaming when I should be working haha.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline ergo_guy

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 15:21:34 »
I've had a razer orochi for a while now (5 or 6 years I think), but the cable is finally dead, it doesn't want to play nice with my laptops bluetooth.  So I just got a Logitech anywhere mx (the orginal one not the 2 or 2s), so far it seems just as good as my orochi, except the scroll wheel is much nicer.  The orochi is a little taller, which I like, but I think I just need a little more time to get used to it.  For 30 dollars I think it was a good deal.

Offline Jake the Fake

• Mid-twenties Computer Science major
    • Jake's mega rad, mondo coolio website.html
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 20:37:32 »
For general use/productivity, I recommend the Logitech MX Anywhere. Been using it for over a year, no complaints. Upgraded from a cheap-o, no name, unbranded $10 2.4Ghz piece of junk and the two are worlds apart. I game with a gamepad because scrub, so I can't attest to the Logitech one way or the other in that regard. It doesn`t have a wired mode to my knowledge, but the battery is rechargeable so if the reason for your insistence on a wired mode is battery anxiety, you're covered on that front.

Also, do people game with wireless mice? I was always told latency was a concern and to stick to wired mice for that reason.
IBM Model F XT for typing, Corsair K65 for gaming

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 21:11:37 »
For general use/productivity, I recommend the Logitech MX Anywhere. Been using it for over a year, no complaints. Upgraded from a cheap-o, no name, unbranded $10 2.4Ghz piece of junk and the two are worlds apart. I game with a gamepad because scrub, so I can't attest to the Logitech one way or the other in that regard. It doesn`t have a wired mode to my knowledge, but the battery is rechargeable so if the reason for your insistence on a wired mode is battery anxiety, you're covered on that front.

Also, do people game with wireless mice? I was always told latency was a concern and to stick to wired mice for that reason.

I had the same question a year ago, do people game with wireless mice?
Wireless technology has come a long way, I had doubts too.
But when I actually got to try, Logitech G403 Wireless and wired felt pretty much the same, No yucky lag of any sort, surprisingly.
The G900, Logitech's flagship is well regarded and is considered the best mice in the wireless and wired category, I believe some professional players are starting to go wireless!  :thumb:

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline Shenpai

• always found
    • padoru
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 15 November 2017, 18:18:02 »

That used to be the case, but wireless mice have certainly come far. Logitech, as tp4 has mentioned in this thread, is definitely ahead of the pack. Latency is not humanly perceivable and with PowerPlay, batteries might not even be necessary anymore, therefore reducing the weight the wireless mice.
Nunu | KR FC660C