Author Topic: [GB] Duck Keyboard Weights: Viper/ Eagle, LSv3, Jetfire and TC-V3  (Read 54306 times)

Offline hhkbp2

Re: [GB] Duck Keyboard Weights: Viper/ Eagle, LSv3, Jetfire and TC-V3
« Reply #250 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 20:28:37 »
I'd be down for an Orion V3 weight.

Would strongly prefer no engraving, I personally see no need for a mirror polished finish either (sandblasted would be fine), and I would hope that the weight wouldn't be too thick that it shorts out standard switch pins.

duck sends the weight file out so i can't imagine that would be a problem

Are these weight files public? Where could I download the weight file for Eagle/Viper?

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #251 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 16:17:05 »
I keep hoping to see this in my mailbox soon...

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #252 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 12:43:35 »
So, almost another month later, anyone else still waiting on their weights?

Any update on what’s going on with these?

Offline neon_tom

[GB] Duck Keyboard Weights: Viper/ Eagle, LSv3, Jetfire and TC-V3
« Reply #253 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 15:42:38 »
Still waiting on mine as well. And I’m now past the PayPal dispute window so it looks like I’m out of luck on this one.

Edit: Well, I’ll be damned - mine showed up today. Looks like it was mailed Feb 8. A little communication on this thread would have been comforting, but I guess it’s good that it arrived at least.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 February 2019, 12:15:38 by neon_tom »

Offline Visionaire

« Reply #254 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 12:40:14 »
Got mine a couple of weeks back. Looks pretty good. Happy with the product. Thanks Steve

Offline kidcongo

« Reply #255 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 11:14:07 »
Mine showed up just over a week ago, also happy with it.

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #256 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 14:40:24 »
Ok, folks... that's a wrap! According to all of my spreadsheets and notes and messages, we're done with these. Sent the last couple out Friday along with shipping invoices/ tracking numbers. If anyone is still looking for a weight, message me. I do have a few left over.

If anyone thinks they should have received a weight but have not, please message me asap!

Overall, I think that it went mostly well. It's a shame the engraving on some graphics turned out a little "derpy" as someone (Wodan maybe?) called it because that detracted a bit for some participants from what were otherwise really nice shiny chunks of brass that fit perfectly in all boards. The whole thing was quite an experience and I thank you all for being part of it. I thank you even more for your patience- way more involved of a project overall than I thought plus..... life. At some point, I plan to write up a little postmortem on the GB- a human interest piece as well as cautionary/ instructional tale for others thinking of running that first GB. :)

In other news... on to the Orion v3. I'm going to do this much more simply- brass is ordered and on the way, GB post should be up this week. Preview: 75 available and you can choose, raw, polished or engraved. Engraving this time will be done by CNC with graphic again created by the very talented Gaiden.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #257 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 14:50:20 »
Ok, folks... that's a wrap! According to all of my spreadsheets and notes and messages, we're done with these. Sent the last couple out Friday along with shipping invoices/ tracking numbers. If anyone is still looking for a weight, message me. I do have a few left over.

If anyone thinks they should have received a weight but have not, please message me asap!

Overall, I think that it went mostly well. It's a shame the engraving on some graphics turned out a little "derpy" as someone (Wodan maybe?) called it because that detracted a bit for some participants from what were otherwise really nice shiny chunks of brass that fit perfectly in all boards. The whole thing was quite an experience and I thank you all for being part of it. I thank you even more for your patience- way more involved of a project overall than I thought plus..... life. At some point, I plan to write up a little postmortem on the GB- a human interest piece as well as cautionary/ instructional tale for others thinking of running that first GB. :)

In other news... on to the Orion v3. I'm going to do this much more simply- brass is ordered and on the way, GB post should be up this week. Preview: 75 available and you can choose, raw, polished or engraved. Engraving this time will be done by CNC with graphic again created by the very talented Gaiden.
Stoked for the orion v3 weight. Will keep an eye out. Do you mind posting here again when the GB is up?

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #258 on: Mon, 11 March 2019, 14:59:08 »

Stoked for the orion v3 weight. Will keep an eye out. Do you mind posting here again when the GB is up?

Definitely will do! Glad you're looking forward to Orion. The weight in that thing is a beast. Definitely will make a big difference!

Offline sJ1N

« Reply #259 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 10:38:59 »
also looking forward to orion weight, nice to see it might happen soon  :)

Offline Uryftw

« Reply #260 on: Thu, 25 May 2023, 09:51:55 »
I wish there was another run. I have a Duck Eagle V3 and I would love to put some extra punch in it