Author Topic: RealForce RGB spacebar not always registering.  (Read 1390 times)

Offline typo

RealForce RGB spacebar not always registering.
« on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 08:36:06 »
Well this sucks. All of the sudden I often press space and it does not register. As in two words together. It is not physically sticking or binding. Switch, Controller? Any way to fix? If not well within warranty but blows have to take off all my key caps. Wait, now it is plenty of other keys too. I am guessing controller, try different usb port or what else? I can't imagine a board of this quality would fail so quickly in that manner. Unless I am on the bottom actuation point but it does not appear that way. See, now it is working fine again. it's ability to register keystrokes is now intermittent. Any way I can fix it, or ship it back? Luckily bought on Amazon.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
Re: RealForce RGB spacebar not always registering.
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 08:53:33 »
Well this sucks. All of the sudden I often press space and it does not register. As in two words together. It is not physically sticking or binding. Switch, Controller? Any way to fix? If not well within warranty but blows have to take off all my key caps. Wait, now it is plenty of other keys too. I am guessing controller, try different usb port or what else? I can't imagine a board of this quality would fail so quickly in that manner. Unless I am on the bottom actuation point but it does not appear that way. See, now it is working fine again. it's ability to register keystrokes is now intermittent. Any way I can fix it, or ship it back? Luckily bought on Amazon.

Try different USB ports or a different computer. If it's still happening, and it's within return policy at Amazon, return it. Not worth the headache fixing.

Offline typo

Re: RealForce RGB spacebar not always registering.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 03:31:36 »
Was Logitech wireless receiver I just had plugged into adjacent port on same controller causing this. Still time to get a replacement but luckily looks like that should not be necessary. This is not a board that should have the controller fail that quickly but of course anything can happen. I did notice however I will enter a lot of typos if the actuation is at the bottom. YMMV on that. That combined with other things, is quite frankly rather advanced and can probably only be done with a capacitive system.

With the Mix 'N Match GMK's on here this is now my daily driver. For the moment at least. I would like to put a nicer cable on it. How involved is that? I am no longer into very long silly projects. Less than an hour labor, fine. Although do not know if that cable is soldered or socketed? You would have thought a board like this would have come with a braided cable.

When you say not worth fixing a new $270 board excluding key caps..... Are you of the school that this is not a real Topre? Just wondering. I don't care either way but was not sure why you would suggest flushing almost 3 Bills? Unless it was a huge job. Or no longer return policy. Of course still under return policy if not very easy fix that is a no brainer. If that is what you meant.  Either way luckily it does not matter. Moved the Logitech Dongle and back to normal. USB can be very flaky at times.