Author Topic: [GB] TMO50 keyboard - COMPLETE  (Read 90067 times)

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
[GB] TMO50 keyboard
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 15 October 2018, 11:48:21 »
Talking about R2 - let's see. I hope I can run it myself but we should finish this one and then see how it goes.

That's good to hear. This is the first <60% i've been intrested in.

Same here, I love it’s design; it’s basically a mini Leopold FC660C & love to make those left buttons as work hotkeys if I get the chance to buy a rd2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Lormania

Re: [GB] TMO50 keyboard
« Reply #201 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 22:17:48 »
Does anyone know the link to where I can watch the build?

Offline cucgach

« Reply #202 on: Wed, 17 October 2018, 07:09:05 »
Does anyone know the link to where I can watch the build?

+1

I missed the live stream :(
Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Future: none
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 12:40:09 »
Kinda regretting not opting in for extra parts  :'( .

If ne1 ordered extra pcb+plate and is super regretting it PM me and I'll buy them from you when they ship in the year 2037
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 October 2018, 01:41:09 by dangboy »

Offline lazyfart

« Reply #204 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 00:35:31 »
^ Same. Regret not getting an extra plate and PCB.  :( If anyone wants to sell me theirs I'll be more than happy to buy it  ;D

Offline hndle

« Reply #205 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 07:19:23 »
Me too. :-X
If anyone regrets buying an extra aluminum bottom, sell it to me.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #206 on: Tue, 30 October 2018, 23:56:44 »
Damn, I want one of these bad, rd 2 please, & I want 2 kits (1 polycarb & 1 aluminum)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #207 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 00:21:26 »
Puddsy

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #208 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 01:37:33 »
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #212 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 09:03:12 »
Sucks that I missed this... was having serious personal issues last few months and had to step away from keyboards for a while.

Please let there be a R2, this was one of the only keyboards I feel truly sad about missing out on.

Alternatively I will buy someone's GB slot including shipping, PayPal fees, etc.
« Last Edit: Tue, 13 November 2018, 09:06:25 by tex_live_utility »
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #213 on: Tue, 13 November 2018, 11:04:23 »
Sucks that I missed this... was having serious personal issues last few months and had to step away from keyboards for a while.

Please let there be a R2, this was one of the only keyboards I feel truly sad about missing out on.

Alternatively I will buy someone's GB slot including shipping, PayPal fees, etc.
I agree went through the same thing. Sold my collection over a year due to personal issues, so I understand. i just returned to MKBs about a month & a half ago. As of now, I’m recovering some of the stuff that I sold & trying to call in some favors. My fingers are alsofor TMO50 rd 2!!!

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #214 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 17:39:23 »
There was a really lovely person I got to meet at the Vancouver meetup that had the proto 00/10 TMO50. If there's a second round of this I'd love to get in on it! Either the purple or the Olivia colour for sure.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
[GB] TMO50 keyboard
« Reply #215 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 17:43:15 »
There was a really lovely person I got to meet at the Vancouver meetup that had the proto 00/10 TMO50. If there's a second round of this I'd love to get in on it! Either the purple or the Olivia colour for sure.
Did you get any pictures of it? I really hope that rd 2 happens. I want one too. Dixie Mech posted his on RMK today. I’m attaching the picture & here’s the post: https://reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/9y3rg0/refrigerator_custom_photoshoot/

Offline sleepy

« Reply #216 on: Sun, 18 November 2018, 23:22:20 »

oh hey!! that's me!

Did you get any pictures of it? I really hope that rd 2 happens. I want one too. Dixie Mech posted his on RMK today. I’m attaching the picture & here’s the post: https://reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/9y3rg0/refrigerator_custom_photoshoot/
Show Image

I posted a few earlier in the thread! Here they are again:

I'll make sure to take some better pictures soon. Also, I know theres a few meetup photos fluttering around somewhere. I'll try find them and post them in here :)

Offline the_high_5

« Reply #217 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 00:20:43 »
I would love to take part in round 2 if/when it happens! When everyone gets there's from the first round, can you post your layers or what you've programmed the 4 functions keys for? Definitely interested in what everyone comes up with!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
« Reply #218 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 02:51:15 »

oh hey!! that's me!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I'll make sure to take some better pictures soon. Also, I know theres a few meetup photos fluttering around somewhere. I'll try find them and post them in here :)

That's right! It was definitely my favourite board when I was there, it was just so cute! It's really made me want to get one of these, so I'm really hoping a round two comes next year.

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #219 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 07:30:25 »

oh hey!! that's me!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

is that poly bottom? I was thinking maybe I should have spent a little more to get a matching color, but now I'm happy.  Great pics!

Offline sleepy

« Reply #220 on: Mon, 19 November 2018, 12:00:27 »
That's right! It was definitely my favourite board when I was there, it was just so cute! It's really made me want to get one of these, so I'm really hoping a round two comes next year.

aww thanks!! <3 i had a lot of fun seeing people there, I felt a lot less anxious than last year's meetup. I hope you can get your hands on a TMO, it's a lovely board!

is that poly bottom? I was thinking maybe I should have spent a little more to get a matching color, but now I'm happy.  Great pics!

Yep!! PC bottom and polished brass plate. Just a note though that the color I have for the top is a custom one that's not in the GB.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #221 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 18:55:56 »
Any thoughts on full polycarb TMO-50 for round 2
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #222 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 18:57:03 »

Man just a round 2 would be nice still gutted I missed this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #223 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 19:01:22 »

Man just a round 2 would be nice still gutted I missed this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I’m in the same boat, my are crossed for rd 2

Offline typischt

« Reply #224 on: Mon, 26 November 2018, 19:14:43 »
I think they tried, but it "morphed" / bent / whatever you want to call it / too much and therefore they decided to drop the idea (at least for this R1).

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #225 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 00:44:58 »
I think they tried, but it "morphed" / bent / whatever you want to call it / too much and therefore they decided to drop the idea (at least for this R1).

You're correct. Poly top was slightly warped. Enough so to be a no-go for a GB. It's due to the thin bezels so the current design will never be offered with a poly top.

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline cucgach

« Reply #226 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 07:41:58 »
I was hope can get it before Xmas/New Year but for now, the schedule is early next year.. so, Christmas doesn't come early this year :)
Current: Filco TKL Majestouch | TX60 antique brass | NIU40 silver | H360 burgundy | tr.mk wooden 60 | Imperial Hue 60 | Tofu 65 silver | Tofu WKL navy | Gergo Kit: black PCB | Space65 gray/silver | VN66 Black
Past: TinaC HHKB gray | TX84Se titan gray | Leopold 660M white | GSX96 R2 purple | Rama M60-A lake | 0.01 Z70 silver | E7-V1 MAO | Rama M6-A | TMO50 green/poly | HB85 black/gray | TX108se titan gray | Typewriter68 ceramic white | Think6.5 frost poly

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #227 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 07:59:21 »
I was hope can get it before Xmas/New Year but for now, the schedule is early next year.. so, Christmas doesn't come early this year :)

I talked with Kelly about this yesterday and the boards are still in QC if I understand correctly so it'll be with Kelly this year hopefully. But then there's Christmas and it's best to wait until the Christmas shipping rush dies down a bit. Don't quote me on WHEN the boards will be shipped but I'm rooting that QC goes well and they're shipped early next year. If so then it's still a good turnaround given GB started late September. ;)

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #228 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 08:16:20 »

I talked with Kelly about this yesterday and the boards are still in QC if I understand correctly so it'll be with Kelly this year hopefully. But then there's Christmas and it's best to wait until the Christmas shipping rush dies down a bit. Don't quote me on WHEN the boards will be shipped but I'm rooting that QC goes well and they're shipped early next year. If so then it's still a good turnaround given GB started late September. ;)

I'm honestly so happy that it's not going out before Christmas. As impatient as I am, shipping things internationally over that period seems like a recipe for disappointment

Offline cucgach

« Reply #229 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 07:16:42 »
i do agree with both of you. I'm always choosing quality over shipment/quantity... as I said, I just hope, it's like a Christmas gift for myself this year :))

Offline omgkittiesyay

« Reply #230 on: Tue, 11 December 2018, 12:07:34 »
I'm sure its a long shot but if anyone would be interested in swapping a green top for a silver one let me know  :D

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #231 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 16:06:52 »
Just wanted to share this as I'm finally on a TMO50 myself. It's a 3d printed one with a POM plate that's been sitting around since March (I think?).

3d printed case, 1.5mm POM plate (universal)
Hako Clears (1st run)
Screw-in genuine stabs (band-aid mod, clipped, no lube)
Laser-etched Cherry alphas (PBT), GMK Plum on the mods.

Offline sleepy

« Reply #232 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 17:28:13 »
Just wanted to share this as I'm finally on a TMO50 myself. It's a 3d printed one with a POM plate that's been sitting around since March (I think?).

Hako Clears (1st run)

Show Image

Nice! I love how those keycaps look as well. Hope you're doing well Funder

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #233 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 18:07:44 »

Hako Clears (1st run)

Show Image

omg it looks so good!! 3D printing is at least one way to get that sweet white look from the original renders ;) Hope you're enjoying it

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
« Reply #234 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 19:57:46 »

Hako Clears (1st run)

Show Image

Wow that is an incredibly clean look, I'd love to pay for one of these, I love 3D-printed cases and fell in love with the TMO50 when I saw it at the Vancouver meetup.

Offline cucgach

« Reply #235 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 20:19:24 »
neat!!!!

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #236 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 17:19:01 »
nice
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 December 2018, 03:31:19 by dangboy »

Offline Lormania

« Reply #237 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 17:32:48 »
If anyone wants to sell me their grey bottom let me know :)

Offline CrazyNun

« Reply #238 on: Wed, 19 December 2018, 09:05:23 »

Hako Clears (1st run)

Show Image

Gorgeous case.  Been looking at Keyboard Belle's kb line, didn't see this though. Did you print it yourself? Be curious to know other 3d printed case vendors if you are aware of any.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #239 on: Wed, 19 December 2018, 14:33:35 »

Hako Clears (1st run)

Show Image

Gorgeous case.  Been looking at Keyboard Belle's kb line, didn't see this though. Did you print it yourself? Be curious to know other 3d printed case vendors if you are aware of any.

Yeah, it's a prototype 3d print so there's some quarks. I printed myself a while back, it's the board I used as IC photos of prototype. Pretty much unchanged from the outside but there's some tolerances (top and bottom gets stuck together so I haven't even screwed it shut) and stuff like plate not actually screwing in. It's just that plastic shrinks and I didn't get it right. :D

Offline dangboy

• yes
« Reply #240 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 02:14:07 »
nice
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 January 2019, 17:47:56 by dangboy »

Offline Lormania

« Reply #241 on: Thu, 03 January 2019, 17:26:11 »
Boy do they look good! All those colors look so vibrant I wish I was able to order more top pieces! Can't wait to see people's boards!

Offline Lormania

« Reply #242 on: Fri, 04 January 2019, 10:53:20 »
I purchased a green bottom (also have polycarb) but I think I am going in a different direction with this build so if anyone wants to trade bottom pieces then let me know! Or if anyone wants to sell one of there extra bottom pieces that works as well.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #243 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 14:26:34 »
I can't wait until people start posting photos when they get theirs.  That'll have to tide me over until R2.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #244 on: Sun, 06 January 2019, 17:18:50 »
I can't wait until people start posting photos when they get theirs.  That'll have to tide me over until R2.

I agree, I’m in the same boat!

Offline nocilantroplz

« Reply #245 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 18:31:38 »
does anyone have experience with the smaller stagger?   Is it a noticeable difference?  Now I'm 2nd guessing...  the default stagger option is still base keycap compatible right? just using some keys from different rows?
I use the small stagger on my TMO. It is a noticeable difference at first, but I adjusted pretty quickly. I'm not the fastest typer, so I'm not sure if it makes more of a difference on the top end. For me it was just a matter of typing with it, and I got the hang pretty quickly, even after moving between boards. That being said, I think if I get another plate or desolder, I might change it to the normal layout just to see how that feels. I think I like that a little better aesthetically, though I definitely appreciate the compatibility of the small stagger.

I prefer smaller stagger in fact I love my ergodox board which is ortholinear. Would you mind sharing a picture of your TMO? I'm a bit confused about getting the 0.25/0.25 stagger setup. Thank you!

Offline godinjointform

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 08 January 2019, 19:09:26 »
I prefer smaller stagger in fact I love my ergodox board which is ortholinear. Would you mind sharing a picture of your TMO? I'm a bit confused about getting the 0.25/0.25 stagger setup. Thank you!
Yeah, no problem!

Offline gilmoregrills

« Reply #247 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 07:15:18 »
Hey y'all! The first page says which LEDs to use for indicators, but does anyone have any advice on the type/size of LEDs to use for underglow?

Got switches and stabs all ready, but I've never built a board with lighting :confused:

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #248 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 08:36:31 »
Yeah, no problem!
Show Image

This thing is so cute. 

Offline Acereconkeys

• Happiness = life - expectations
« Reply #249 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 11:34:47 »
Hey y'all! The first page says which LEDs to use for indicators, but does anyone have any advice on the type/size of LEDs to use for underglow?

Got switches and stabs all ready, but I've never built a board with lighting :confused:

Underglow LEDs are RGB and come installed. :)
TMO50 | Jane V2 CE Incoming | Realforce 87u 55g | Aergo

Aergo design and build log: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103681.msg2840918#msg2840918