Author Topic: [SOLD] '95 IBM (Lexmark) Model M 1397599 (extra stabs), $45 OBO + shipping  (Read 3715 times)

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
IBM Keyboard Model Number 1397599 Lexmark USA

BIN $45.00 or Make Offer, plus shipping

The 1397599 variant adds stabilizers on the number pad's + and Enter keys.

Assuming the seller will take somewhat less than the BIN price, it's a nice deal on a lesser-seen M ready to be restored.
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 October 2018, 00:31:13 by ander »
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: '95 IBM (Lexmark) Model M 1397599 (extra stabs), $45 OBO + shipping
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 20:06:52 »
I can't believe no one's bought this yet... How cheap does a Model M in good shape need to be?  :?O
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline JP

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 October 2018, 20:27:23 »
I can't believe no one's bought this yet... How cheap does a Model M in good shape need to be?  :?O

It's a fair price for a Model M. Also less exposure since they did not use the term "IBM Model M" in the title and it is not part #1391401 which is the most well known. I suspect this to be the same reason Lexmark branded models consistently sell for less than the IBM branded boards. Simply a rose by another name. A rose is a rose is a rose. A Model M by any other name types just as sweetly.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 October 2018, 20:39:46 by JP »
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 22:24:21 »
It's a fair price for a Model M. Also less exposure since they did not use the term "IBM Model M" in the title and it is not part #1391401 which is the most well known. I suspect this to be the same reason Lexmark branded models consistently sell for less than the IBM branded boards. Simply a rose by another name. A rose is a rose is a rose. A Model M by any other name types just as sweetly.

There are other model numbers to be had. BTW Ander, I did answer your question. Here's a visual aid too.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 01:03:29 »
It's a fair price for a Model M. Also less exposure since they did not use the term "IBM Model M" in the title... I suspect this to be the same reason Lexmark branded models consistently sell for less than the IBM branded boards...

Well, dude, not to be picky, but they did refer to it as an "IBM Model M":

205641-0

And it is an IBM-branded board. "Branded" refers to the logo on the front, not who actually made the keeb. I suspect you meant "non-IBM-made".

There are other model numbers to be had. BTW Ander, I did answer your question. Here's a visual aid too.

Great, Snow... To avoid confusion, though, I think all that pertains to this thread, not the present one, right?

Offline JP

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 08:30:10 »
@Ander

I don't see that term in the screenshot you posted, unless it is in the description.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 09:05:56 »

Great, Snow... To avoid confusion, though, I think all that pertains to this thread, not the present one, right?

Of course, but I had to get your attention somehow.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 19:29:34 »

For what it's worth, I always read GF threads that have new messages. So if you'd posted that in the thread it pertained to (which I mentioned when I solicited input about it in the Keyboards section), I would've definitely seen it there, if that's what you mean.

I don't regularly check the Keyboard section for new posts; it's too big and I haven't time—that's why I asked peeps to post in the GF thread, see. Hope I've cleared all this up now. If not, let me know. I love to type, as do we all.  :?)

@Ander... I don't see that term in the screenshot you posted, unless it is in the description.

Sorry, you don't see what? The IBM branding (logo) seems conspicuous enough, as do the words "IBM Model M" in the listing title... Were you referring to something besides those?

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 22:28:44 »

For what it's worth, I always read GF threads that have new messages. So if you'd posted that in the thread it pertained to (which I mentioned when I solicited input about it in the Keyboards section), I would've definitely seen it there, if that's what you mean.

I don't regularly check the Keyboard section for new posts; it's too big and I haven't time—that's why I asked peeps to post in the GF thread, see. Hope I've cleared all this up now. If not, let me know. I love to type, as do we all.  :?)

I think the edit is right. Anyway, you did post and you got misinformed by another user. I just had to correct it.
It kinda brings me into thinking about this board:
https://imgur.com/a/fwMzR
Enjoy!