Author Topic: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2 - Launches June 4th 2019 on Drop.com  (Read 296489 times)

Offline poodude

Re: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2 - Launches June 2019 on Drop.com
« Reply #1400 on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 11:09:39 »
love that Git base kit, good work!

Offline Grindbox

« Reply #1401 on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 11:27:02 »
Bummed out that I have to buy an extra kit on top of assembly to get 2 row 4 1.5u mods but I think it will be easy enough to find the rest of the kit a new home.

Either way, very excited to have a GMK set that supports ergo layouts and is in my favourite colourway  :cool:

Offline 1023andy

« Reply #1402 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 06:02:28 »
How much will it cost for a git base and a regular modifiers?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #1403 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 08:59:42 »
hope im not too late but would be great if you could make the blue accent keys available on their own or in the base set

Blue accents will remain exclusive to Monochrome colorway as they don't fit with the colored text mods.

I know it's a bit late but, Any chance of adding a Ñ letter to the international kit?
Sorry, I must ask again

Spanish layout support would require way too many keys to be added to the kit. And out of the 37 international kits that were sold for SA The Amazing Chocolatier, only one shipped to Spain, so demand for that language is probably just you and 2 others for Oblivion. Sorry.

Bummed out that I have to buy an extra kit on top of assembly to get 2 row 4 1.5u mods but I think it will be easy enough to find the rest of the kit a new home.

Either way, very excited to have a GMK set that supports ergo layouts and is in my favourite colourway  :cool:

What board are you building?

How much will it cost for a git base and a regular modifiers?

TBD, waiting for new quotes.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #1404 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 15:35:31 »
Niemand hat danach gefragt, also ist es nun hier:

dies ist ein witz
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 May 2019, 15:44:14 by Oblotzky »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #1405 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 15:43:45 »

Show Image

dies ist ein witz

Love it.  Similar to Jamón's kit de supervivencia.

Offline OtherAndrew

« Reply #1406 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 16:02:34 »
:b-emoji:

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #1407 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 16:48:44 »

Show Image

dies ist ein witz

Danke

Offline gecruz

« Reply #1408 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 17:58:50 »

Spanish layout support would require way too many keys to be added to the kit. And out of the 37 international kits that were sold for SA The Amazing Chocolatier, only one shipped to Spain, so demand for that language is probably just you and 2 others for Oblivion. Sorry.

Thanks for your answer. In fact you only need the Ñ to cover the Spanish Layout. The International kit has already everything I need except for the Ñ. Anyway, I'm aware that all is about demand, but I had to try  :) . If I decided, I would go for the Assembly + International + Space keys
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 May 2019, 18:33:20 by gecruz »

Offline typischt

« Reply #1409 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 18:04:01 »

Show Image

dies ist ein witz
Two words: TU ES! Sie Bitte!

Offline sagadoi

« Reply #1410 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 23:03:29 »
Just wait for new kits
Matrix: 1.0 x10 | 1.2 x8 | 2.0 x20 | 2.2 x3 | 2.0 Ver Xmas x2 | Abel x12 | Abel VD x5 | Abel VC | Cain x2 | Mona x5 | Matrix Ti | ProjectFF
Percent: Canoe x6 | Skog x4 | Canoe FE x4 | Skog Lite x2
EVE: Moon x5 | Mira | Mira SE | Meteor x2
Equalz: Zero x4 | Zero.9 EE x7 | Mountain x5 | One x4 | Zero.9 Ti
FOX: Leaf TKL x2 | Time x2 | Orange TKL x2    
TGR: Jane V2 | Jane V2 Ver CE    RAMA: U80A
FMJ TKL x4 | Jer80 x4 | Jermini | Camp C225 x7 | Evil80 x6 |  Evil82 x2 | Mech27 | DolchCR x2 | Triangle x2 | Square x2 | Mars TKL

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #1411 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 00:28:51 »

Thanks for your answer. In fact you only need the Ñ to cover the Spanish Layout. The International kit has already everything I need except for the Ñ. Anyway, I'm aware that all is about demand, but I had to try  :) . If I decided, I would go for the Assembly + International + Space keys

Counting with the previous kits already in the kit:

For ISO-ES it would be required to add 11 additional keys (as Oblotzky is including Alt Gr):
R1: º ª \, 1 ! |, 3 · #, 6 & ¬, ' ?, ¡ ¿,
R2: ` ^ [, + * ]
R3: Ñ, ´ ¨, Ç

For LATAM-ES, it would be 7 keys:
R1: \ º ¬, ' ? \, ¿ ¡ (this last is different from the one used by ISO-ES!)
R2: ´ ¨
R3: Ñ, {[^, }]`

Adding just Ñ is not enough, or correct.

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #1412 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 05:43:47 »

For ISO-ES it would be required to add 11 additional keys (as Oblotzky is including Alt Gr):

It might not be correct, but one of those keys is significantly more "important" than the rest. People make due substituting 'alt' for alt graph and juggle slashes and backslashes, so I suspect many are more concerned with "covering all letters" (in this case Ñ and maybe Ç?) than matching number row sub-legends or punctuation marks. Ortho users still pay for 40s/ergo kits that feature 5 different enters and 4 escapes despite the fact that some don't use any of them, so it seems reasonable that most prefer some coverage to nothing, even if said coverage isn't perfect.

That said I don't know what the demand would be for a language kit that offered partial coverage for more layouts instead of more in-depth coverage for fewer, and there's a good chance the current arrangement is the best... I just wanted to insist that SOME COVERAGE > NO COVERAGE despite what a handful of perfectionists say.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #1413 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 06:09:54 »

It might not be correct, but one of those keys is significantly more "important" than the rest. People make due substituting 'alt' for alt graph and juggle slashes and backslashes, so I suspect many are more concerned with "covering all letters" (in this case Ñ and maybe Ç?) than matching number row sub-legends or punctuation marks. Ortho users still pay for 40s/ergo kits that feature 5 different enters and 4 escapes despite the fact that some don't use any of them, so it seems reasonable that most prefer some coverage to nothing, even if said coverage isn't perfect.

That said I don't know what the demand would be for a language kit that offered partial coverage for more layouts instead of more in-depth coverage for fewer, and there's a good chance the current arrangement is the best... I just wanted to insist that SOME COVERAGE > NO COVERAGE despite what a handful of perfectionists say.
If a language is going to be supported, it has to be properly supported. Incomplete layout support is not an option, and when people get their kits after the set ships just to find out that those keys are missing (because most people trust the designer when saying that it supports Spanish or see one or two keys of their layout), Drop will get some heated complains and Oblotzky will get the blame.

¡¿, or accent keys are in fact more important than Ñ and are used more often.

Ç isn't even used by Spanish, but for Catalan, and Valencian.

With layout supports, you must be perfectionist.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 May 2019, 06:12:46 by Zambumon »

Offline megaforce

« Reply #1414 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 11:42:13 »
all this iso support bickering and it'll probably wont even hit moq smh
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline gecruz

« Reply #1415 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 13:44:56 »

It's not entirely correct but it's enough if you use QMK, I had thought about using FN to get the "Alt Gr" symbols for example. Anyways, I think it's most likely reaching the MOQ without "Alt Gr" legends and with real International support.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 May 2019, 14:02:36 by gecruz »

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #1416 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 16:25:17 »
It's not entirely correct but it's enough if you use QMK.

With that approach... you can just use what's in the base kit.

Anyways, I think it's most likely reaching the MOQ without "Alt Gr" legends and with real International support.

That is a totally different question, but still you'd need 9 and 7 keys for Spanish.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #1417 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 16:48:03 »
So should these kits end up in the GB, consider this your only chance to ever buy a GMK Oblivion set with Colevrak/NorDeUK support. Sorry if that sounds like a threat or so, but you are an endangered species. Thank you.
Thanks for thinking of us, daddy. I'm in

Offline gecruz

« Reply #1418 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 20:16:24 »
With that approach... you can just use what's in the base kit.

That's different, as far as I know you can't mix individual caracters in QMK. In my particular case I just need the Ñ, but I understand it's impossible to change a set just for 1 person. Thanks for your help  ;)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1419 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 22:39:05 »

Show Image

dies ist ein witz

Will make sure to taste the scoop.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #1420 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 23:21:18 »
just use normal kits

Offline bagelmonster

« Reply #1421 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 23:50:37 »

Would we be able to buy this exact color combo as a kit or will we have to mix and match the hagomoro with the base kit?

Offline nguyenhimself

[IC] GMK Oblivion V2 - Launches June 2019 on Drop.com
« Reply #1422 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 00:14:28 »
Show Image

Would we be able to buy this exact color combo as a kit or will we have to mix and match the hagomoro with the base kit?
For the exact Git mods, yes.
If you can abide with regular mods, you’ll save some money.
—-
I wonder if the Vim kit will be a breakout hit. I’m mostly a PBT fan, but those Vim keycap tho.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 May 2019, 00:18:58 by nguyenhimself »

Offline The_Royal

• That's what I call, a Sunday.
« Reply #1423 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 10:54:32 »
*cough, cough...

Ortho Renders pls

*cough, cough

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #1424 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 13:53:56 »
Show Image

If he wants that color combo, and he wants it for a tenkeyless as in the render, he'd need hagoromo and the base kit to get the navigation keys (arrows, Home, End, Page Up, Page Down, etc.) for the TKL, since those are only in the base kit.

Offline Oblotzky

Re: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2 - Launches June 4th 2019 on Drop.com
« Reply #1425 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 17:06:11 »
June 4th on Drop.com, pre-launch (product page available) on June 1st.

Offline bagelmonster

« Reply #1426 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 18:19:45 »
Show Image

—-
I wonder if the Vim kit will be a breakout hit. I’m mostly a PBT fan, but those Vim keycap tho.
Show Image

I don't mind Git vs Regular, just really like the color contrast with black/white. Thanks for the reply!

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #1427 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 18:49:03 »
Show Image

—-
Show Image

I don't mind Git vs Regular, just really like the color contrast with black/white. Thanks for the reply!

What keyboard are you planning to use it on?  If you just get hagoromo and regular mods, you'll be missing the navigation keys from the base kit.  If you were planning on using this on a tenkeyless keyboard like in that render, you'd be missing the arrow keys and the six keys above them.

Offline toddwardz

« Reply #1428 on: Tue, 21 May 2019, 20:22:32 »
money just keep leaving my account!

Offline ZG2047

« Reply #1429 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 18:46:17 »
What's the lead time gonna be for this because I think it's going to sell a lot of units.

Offline YouGotRioted

« Reply #1430 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 21:26:56 »
Just curious, but any pricing details yet?

Offline Grindbox

« Reply #1431 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 21:47:29 »

What board are you building?

I'm building a Sol and my wife a Boardwalk.  They both support layouts with row 4 1u/1.25u ctrl but it is just not the same as the full 1.5u outer column aesthetic.  Fortunately the base kit and regular mods both come with an abundance of row 4 1.5u so we can split them between us.  At least there are options for us to complete our desired layouts, I'm sure some people are not as lucky  :thumb:

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #1432 on: Wed, 22 May 2019, 22:46:08 »
Oblivion HYPE!

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #1433 on: Thu, 23 May 2019, 03:34:51 »
What's the lead time gonna be for this because I think it's going to sell a lot of units.

GMK remains at a steady 16 week turnaround provided the colors are approved in time. For this run, I'm only having one custom color made so I'm not worried there.

Just curious, but any pricing details yet?

Not yet, but soon

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #1434 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 16:06:59 »
all in

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #1435 on: Fri, 24 May 2019, 17:00:19 »
Big update. I received the pricing of the kits last week, went over the spreadsheet and played out different scenarios in my head for the average consumer. I just wasn't happy with the total that too many people would end up having to pay. The Git Base Kit is solid with a very good entry price at 250 units, and so is the Assembly Kit at 100 units already. However if your preference was on Regular/Monochrome Modifiers, you'd easily break 200$ at initial price points already, and that's a price that should be reserved for aftermarket if anything. And people that wanted Regular Mods with Hagoromo Alphas on a TKL had a even worse time since they had to buy the Base Kit just for the Nav keys. Obviously I knew this was coming, it was easy to predict these pricing with old GB's for reference, it was just different now seeing the actual prices in the spreadsheet and tallying them up in my head and I wasn't happy. Therefor, I am making the following changes:

- I've removed the Regular and Monochrome Modifier Addon kits, instead they are now simply full Base Kits. Git Base Kit and Regular Base Kit will have an MOQ of 250 each, the Monochrome Base Kit I will start at an MOQ of 150 to play it safe (going by April Fools Data, which showed a split of 48%/34%/18% between the three Modifiers, Git and Regular would need to hit a combined units of 1400 for Monochrome to hit 250. Not impossible, but too high to bet on).
- Removed Text-Arrows, they were mainly introduced in addition to the Icon-Arrows to allow TKL+65% coverage when buying Base + Modifiers + Alphas.
- In the Monochrome Base Kit, I've changed the Code legend to Super to be more in line with the vintage aesthetic that this kit is trying to achieve. I probably won't update the keyboard renders in this IC, I will however try to bring this change to the renders that will be on the store page.
- I've moved the ISO-Return/Shift keys and pipe keys to the respective Base Kits, the International Kit was too pricey, you don't even wanna know how much. MOQ will start at 50 with the new kit. Base Kits now support ISO-US/ISO-Physical. International Kit now has just the 1.5u, 1.25u and 1u Alt Graph keys as modifiers.
- Added R3 and R4 1u Pipe Keys to Hagoromo Alphas to allow physical Hagoromo ISO with the Base Kits
- Assembly Kit has been renamed to Assembly Base Kit to signify that it's a starting point in dressing your keyboard before moving onto other kits.

I am aware that there was a small group of people that benefited from the old setup, for example Regular/Monochrome Modifiers + Hagoromo Alphas covered HHKB/60%, or Base + Modifiers + Hagoromo would cover a TKL/Fullsize and a 65%, however I believe more people will benefit from this change. There's more people that either need more keys beyond just the Modifiers or simply just want to outfit one board with Regular/Monochrome. Every change will always favor one group while putting another at a disadvantage, for this scenario, I feel the people that benefit vastly outweigh those that don't.

The thought of having the Git Base Kit hitting 1000 units for a juicy 10$+ price drop over 500 units price was nice, but it's nicer to have more people save 60-70$ by not having to buy Modifier addon kits on top of the Base Kit.

MOQ's of 250/250/150 for the three Base Kits don't worry me at all, they'll get there easily seeing that Round 1 already had 450 Gray and 270 White units sold, and that was in a time where Oblivion only existed in renders, even the SA version was yet to get to the group buy stage. Question is just if they'll also hit 500/500/250, many will probably say "duh ez pez it's oblivion dude", but I'd like to remind myself that Space Cadet "only" got to 590 units (of which 50 were Novelkeys extras so really just 540 individual sales), which was less than I expected after the rather successful IC phase. Not that I wasn't happy with that result, I just want to not expect too much and then not hit MOQ targets due to overconfidence.

The kits that changed most below, the entire lineup of all kits in first post.

« Last Edit: Fri, 24 May 2019, 17:24:07 by Oblotzky »

Offline cijanzen

Big update. I received the pricing of the kits last week, went over the spreadsheet and played out different scenarios in my head for the average consumer. I just wasn't happy with the total that too many people would end up having to pay. The Git Base Kit is solid with a very good entry price at 250 units, and so is the Assembly Kit at 100 units already. However if your preference was on Regular/Monochrome Modifiers, you'd easily break 200$ at initial price points already, and that's a price that should be reserved for aftermarket if anything. And people that wanted Regular Mods with Hagoromo Alphas on a TKL had a even worse time since they had to buy the Base Kit just for the Nav keys. Obviously I knew this was coming, it was easy to predict these pricing with old GB's for reference, it was just different now seeing the actual prices in the spreadsheet and tallying them up in my head and I wasn't happy. Therefor, I am making the following changes:

- I've removed the Regular and Monochrome Modifier Addon kits, instead they are now simply full Base Kits. Git Base Kit and Regular Base Kit will have an MOQ of 250 each, the Monochrome Base Kit I will start at an MOQ of 150 to play it safe (going by April Fools Data, which showed a split of 48%/34%/18% between the three Modifiers, Git and Regular would need to hit a combined units of 1400 for Monochrome to hit 250. Not impossible, but too high to bet on).
- Removed Text-Arrows, they were mainly introduced in addition to the Icon-Arrows to allow TKL+65% coverage when buying Base + Modifiers + Alphas.
- In the Monochrome Base Kit, I've changed the Code legend to Super to be more in line with the vintage aesthetic that this kit is trying to achieve. I probably won't update the keyboard renders in this IC, I will however try to bring this change to the renders that will be on the store page.
- I've moved the ISO-Return/Shift keys and pipe keys to the respective Base Kits, the International Kit was too pricey, you don't even wanna know how much. MOQ will start at 50 with the new kit. Base Kits now support ISO-US/ISO-Physical. International Kit now has just the 1.5u, 1.25u and 1u Alt Graph keys as modifiers.
- Added R3 and R4 1u Pipe Keys to Hagoromo Alphas to allow physical Hagoromo ISO with the Base Kits
- Assembly Kit has been renamed to Assembly Base Kit to signify that it's a starting point in dressing your keyboard before moving onto other kits.

I am aware that there was a small group of people that benefited from the old setup, for example Regular/Monochrome Modifiers + Hagoromo Alphas covered HHKB/60%, or Base + Modifiers + Hagoromo would cover a TKL/Fullsize and a 65%, however I believe more people will benefit from this change. There's more people that either need more keys beyond just the Modifiers or simply just want to outfit one board with Regular/Monochrome. Every change will always favor one group while putting another at a disadvantage, for this scenario, I feel the people that benefit vastly outweigh those that don't.

The thought of having the Git Base Kit hitting 1000 units for a juicy 10$+ price drop over 500 units price was nice, but it's nicer to have more people save 60-70$ by not having to buy Modifier addon kits on top of the Base Kit.

MOQ's of 250/250/150 for the three Base Kits don't worry me at all, they'll get there easily seeing that Round 1 already had 450 Gray and 270 White units sold, and that was in a time where Oblivion only existed in renders, even the SA version was yet to get to the group buy stage. Question is just if they'll also hit 500/500/250, many will probably say "duh ez pez it's oblivion dude", but I'd like to remind myself that Space Cadet "only" got to 590 units (of which 50 were Novelkeys extras so really just 540 individual sales), which was less than I expected after the rather successful IC phase. Not that I wasn't happy with that result, I just want to not expect too much and then not hit MOQ targets due to overconfidence.

The kits that changed most below, the entire lineup of all kits in first post.
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

A tough call to make I’m sure! Personally I appreciate the change and I can’t wait to pickup a monokit and get it to MOQ.

Offline fatpolomanjr

Maybe now we'll finally settle the question about Git mods versus Regular mods. I wanted to avoid getting a second base kit and grab a mono kit in addition to base. Not sure what I want to do now. :-\

Going to be an epic run regardless, now that everyone's so thirsty for Oblivion.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline euphxenos

It's a good change.  I'm surprised that with three base kits, they're all using the same alphas.  What would you think of having the monochrome base kit use the Hagoromo alphas?

Offline fatpolomanjr

It's a good change.  I'm surprised that with three base kits, they're all using the same alphas.  What would you think of having the monochrome base kit use the Hagoromo alphas?

This would also solve my problem, since I'm planning to buy hagoromo alphas and the hagoromo cadet alphas. Like all decisions, that would negatively impact at least one group, in this case the monochrome users that wanted grey oblivion alphas in that base kit.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline lolafineday

This would also solve my problem, since I'm planning to buy hagoromo alphas and the hagoromo cadet alphas. Like all decisions, that would negatively impact at least one group, in this case the monochrome users that wanted grey oblivion alphas in that base kit.
Me too!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline rondg

Me too!

This would tempt me to buy a second set. I actually don't know if this will be a good thing or a bad thing  ;D

Offline ctrlshiftba

• ctrlshiftba
What if you just didn’t offer a base kit or just 1 single definitive base kit and split all alphas and mods similar to what’s happening with the SA Laser Gb right now?

Offline Zacharius

What if you just didn’t offer a base kit or just 1 single definitive base kit and split all alphas and mods similar to what’s happening with the SA Laser Gb right now?

I've also wondered this. Maybe it was just such a no-brainer that every kit in SA Laser would hit MOQ? I'm not too sure about picking up anything in the set, but I do like how modular the buy is.

Offline packleadercho

Really appreciate splitting the base kits to accommodate prices. As someone who missed the first drop, I'm super excited for a regular base kit.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline ctrlshiftba

• ctrlshiftba
Playing devils advocate to my own question I am basically experiencing overchoice on that one https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overchoice and this GB too a little bit

Offline Parva Ovis

I've also wondered this. Maybe it was just such a no-brainer that every kit in SA Laser would hit MOQ? I'm not too sure about picking up anything in the set, but I do like how modular the buy is.
SA Laser is a Signature Plastics groupbuy, not a GMK groupbuy. The two companies are distinct in how they charge for their services; specifically, GMK charges a lot more for splitting up kits than SP does.

Offline packleadercho

Playing devils advocate to my own question I am basically experiencing overchoice on that one https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overchoice and this GB too a little bit
Huh. Never knew there was a term for that experience. Neat.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline Krakyn

Have hex/pantone colour codes for Oblivion ever been published? Trying to figure out what the true colour of the alphas is so I can compare it with some other sets currently in IC on geekhack.

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends

Me too!

+1

Not sure why the color of alphas are the same if there are 3 base kits offered. Would be nice if one of it (monochrome) would have hagoromo alphas instead. Wouldn’t this benefit new buyers (those who don’t have r1 oblivion) by providing more variety than normal base kit (diff mods, diff alphas) as well as most r1 joiners who got the grey alpha base kits?

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me