Author Topic: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2 - Launches June 4th 2019 on Drop.com  (Read 296485 times)

Offline KaosJ

Didn't checked out the post for a while, returned back to see that again we returned on the mistake to make 1304 base kits and multiple alphas... again the long IC confirmed to ruin good things. 

Will still buy the base with GIT, but i'm pretty disappointed for this. 
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 May 2019, 08:25:31 by KaosJ »

Offline KaosJ

At this point even splitting the modifiers was an option... with 3 base kits there is no way to pay less for a big amount of the same keycaps (in this case, gray alphas)
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 May 2019, 08:25:04 by KaosJ »

Offline Shiv

Hagoromo international kits aren't gonna be a thing?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
At this point even splitting the modifiers was an option... with 3 base kits there is no way to pay less for a big amount of the same keycaps (in this case, gray alphas)

I understand that this approach makes it more expensive for people that want a second set of modifiers to swap between, however I believe this to be a minority, the majority will want to purchase one set of modifiers only, and for them this approach is more beneficial in most cases (exception being those that wanted Regular/Monochrome with Hagoromo Alphas on a HHKB/60% which was doable with the Modifier addon kits before). So I chose to favor what I believe to be the majority of buyers, sorry if it's unfavorable for you.

I'm afraid not, MOQ of 50 for Oblivion Alphas will be hard enough already, Hagoromo will have to make due with physical ISO support which is now offered with the updated kits.

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
No info on the price yet?

I can't confirm pricing at this time as I did the Base Kit changes, but from previous pricing I can say that Git Base Kit will be 135(+-5)$ for 250 units, 125(+-5)$ for 500 units. The Regular Base Kit does not need custom legends made, however it has 4 keys more than the Git Base Kit (148 Git Base, 152 Regular Base), so I would estimate it to be 5$ cheaper than Git Base Kit. The Monochrome Base Kit I'm not entirely sure, it has one key less than Regular Base Kit, doesn't need as many color changes for the legends, however has one base color change (not sure how changing a legend color compares to changing a base color) and also the lower MOQ by starting at 150 units. So also in the 130-140$ range I assume.

Please note that these are estimates and not binding, wait for June 1st when the page goes up to see final pricing and shipping date, and orders will open on the 4th.

These new kits layouts are super dope :thumb:

Thanks Oblotzky, looking forward to pick Oblivion up!

Thanks,

I'd like to take this moment and break some sad news to you and other EU folks. GMK Oblivion V2 will not be available through their EU warehouse. Other items will keep coming through it, but mostly just single SKU drops. Keyset drops are logistically more complicated so they are currently only being fulfilled through the NA warehouse. Sorry but it's gotta be like that I'm afraid.

That's okay mate! International kit and ISO in the base sets is bae <3

Offline Cloudnine25

• Chilling

^ this
This change makes me have to give up Git base+hagormo alphas+monochrome mods combo. :rolleyes:
There will be one additional grey alphas in this combo now.
3 base sets in one GB may end up splitting the numbers of orders imho.
Anyhow, will grab a git base for sure.

Offline KaosJ

I understand that this approach makes it more expensive for people that want a second set of modifiers to swap between, however I believe this to be a minority, the majority will want to purchase one set of modifiers only, and for them this approach is more beneficial in most cases (exception being those that wanted Regular/Monochrome with Hagoromo Alphas on a HHKB/60% which was doable with the Modifier addon kits before). So I chose to favor what I believe to be the majority of buyers, sorry if it's unfavorable for you.

I'm afraid not, MOQ of 50 for Oblivion Alphas will be hard enough already, Hagoromo will have to make due with physical ISO support which is now offered with the updated kits.

Maybe i wasn't clear, since you followed the approach to split, so you already made the price higher for everyone, and you stated yourself that the majority wants 1 modifiers only implying multiple alphas, well then it would be better if you splitted even the base sets and just make alphas and modifiers (since the base has the alphas repeated 3 times and only different modifiers).   

I don't agree on making multiple base set and splitting, but since you made this choice, i'm saying that splitting even more (separating modifiers from alphas of the 3 base kits, making 1 alpha and 3 modifiers) would have take to you guys even more orders, and for us a lower price probably, because the moq of gray alphas which is the most popular will go down a lot, maybe even with 1000+ orders, but since now the gray alphas are splitted along 3 kits, now even if GMK will produce still 1000+ of these, we will still pay the gray alphas at the 300 moq price. Not sure if clear.

Also some who wanted multiple modifiers (which i don't think are just few fellas), will totally give up on this option because they don't want to buy 2 base kits. Personally i'm only interested in base gray alphas and git modifiers (which i believe is the more popular), but if there was a different base kit (different modifiers and different alphas as well) i could consider to buy even a second base kit. 

Imho, Splitting and making more base kits is always a bad a choice,  but since you splitted, you could have splitted more to give any logical sense to this split, now it doesn't make sense, same alphas used with only modifiers changed.

For example, i never agreed on splitting numpad from the tkl module, but surely that kind of split was more useful than the final sets you decided to go, 3 base kits all with same alphas. 
I think you were on the right path with this GB and the IC for a good part of his existence was usefull, but apparently it ended as always, by making the same mistake that Carbon did. 

« Last Edit: Sun, 26 May 2019, 11:08:05 by KaosJ »

Offline TuCZnak

Is this still getting run via Massdrop? I guess the "no MD in IC forum" rule doesn't apply anymore?

Offline LXVRGS

Launches June 4th on Drop.com

Offline Oblotzky

>tfw you want the Git Base Kit PLUS the blue Enter key from the Monochrome Base Kit.

Decisions, decisions...
I honestly don't know if the blue keys were heavily requested for the Monochrome kit or not,
But is there any chance of:

1. Keeping the Enter + Esc in the Monochrome kit... monochrome, and--
2. Moving the blue keys to the Vim kit, making it a Novelty kit instead?

Anyway, thanks for working so hard on these kit configurations.

I honestly don't believe that the blue accents will go well with anything but the Monochrome colorway, hence I decided to keep them in that kit. I could maybe make a render in the coming week to try and prove that.

I don't see it

Offline euphxenos

I think Oblotzky is absolutely doing the right thing in having complete base kits for the different sets of mods.  Take a look at what happened with the last GMK Carbon drop and its pricing.  You ended up with a $160 base kit, with child kit mods in an alternate color for $160 just for the mods (yes, I realize that the quantities were lower and that prices could potentially have dropped with enough additional orders for the mods, but if overall numbers had gone up enough to do that, the base kit would have dropped in price as well, and the relative prices for mods vs. base would most likely still have been ridiculous).   Personally, I think if you're going to pay base kit prices, you should get a complete kit for your money.  Clearly Oblotzky wants to give us more options, but with the way GMK penalizes you in the child kit pricing, there's no good way to do this.

Perhaps the next time Oblivion runs, it can be in doubleshot MT3.  :)

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
I think Oblotzky is absolutely doing the right thing in having complete base kits for the different sets of mods.  Take a look at what happened with the last GMK Carbon drop and its pricing.  You ended up with a $160 base kit, with child kit mods in an alternate color for $160 just for the mods (yes, I realize that the quantities were lower and that prices could potentially have dropped with enough additional orders for the mods, but if overall numbers had gone up enough to do that, the base kit would have dropped in price as well, and the relative prices for mods vs. base would most likely still have been ridiculous).   Personally, I think if you're going to pay base kit prices, you should get a complete kit for your money.  Clearly Oblotzky wants to give us more options, but with the way GMK penalizes you in the child kit pricing, there's no good way to do this.

Perhaps the next time Oblivion runs, it can be in doubleshot MT3.  :)

just buy 1 of each set :)

Offline Zacharius

>tfw you want the Git Base Kit PLUS the blue Enter key from the Monochrome Base Kit.

Decisions, decisions...
I honestly don't know if the blue keys were heavily requested for the Monochrome kit or not,
But is there any chance of:

1. Keeping the Enter + Esc in the Monochrome kit... monochrome, and--
2. Moving the blue keys to the Vim kit, making it a Novelty kit instead?

Anyway, thanks for working so hard on these kit configurations.

I honestly don't believe that the blue accents will go well with anything but the Monochrome colorway, hence I decided to keep them in that kit. I could maybe make a render in the coming week to try and prove that.

I don't see it

Show Image

While it may not look great together, both sets are just

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nguyenhimself

[IC] GMK Oblivion V2 - Launches June 4th 2019 on Drop.com - BIG kit update
« Reply #1513 on: Sun, 26 May 2019, 20:30:55 »

I don't see it

Show Image

I still like it actually, but yeah I know it’s just my own tastes. No big deal. Thanks.
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 May 2019, 20:32:43 by nguyenhimself »

Offline mimalik

Sad to see the reg coloured mods only kit go. While I understand that it may cost more, I am sure there are folks (like me) who will pay for such mod kit. Is there any possibility to have it avialable anyway? If it doesnt meet the MOQ, it wouldn't be made anyway. Not trying to rain over your decision, as I understand that you are trying to provide best best cost/coverage option for most. But for those with very niche requirements, those mods options were extremely convenient. Personally for me, I would have used that kit with remaing Carbon mods as an accent kit, and would have gone for hagoromo alphas for some variety.

Offline fatpolomanjr

Sad to see the reg coloured mods only kit go. While I understand that it may cost more, I am sure there are folks (like me) who will pay for such mod kit. Is there any possibility to have it avialable anyway? If it doesnt meet the MOQ, it wouldn't be made anyway. Not trying to rain over your decision, as I understand that you are trying to provide best best cost/coverage option for most.

I think this was mentioned before, but there's already 13 kits going by the OP of this thread. That's too many to start making anything "available anyway". With the multiple base kits' "top-down" approach, I don't see why you'd just insert a regular mod kit and add to the already extensive number of child kits unless you changed back to modular/multiple mod kits.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline bagelmonster

Re: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2 - Launches June 2019 on Drop.com
« Reply #1516 on: Wed, 29 May 2019, 23:29:55 »
Show Image

Would we be able to buy this exact color combo as a kit or will we have to mix and match the hagomoro with the base kit?
For the exact Git mods, yes.
If you can abide with regular mods, you’ll save some money.
—-
I wonder if the Vim kit will be a breakout hit. I’m mostly a PBT fan, but those Vim keycap tho.
Show Image

I don't mind Git vs Regular, just really like the color contrast with black/white. Thanks for the reply!

What keyboard are you planning to use it on?  If you just get hagoromo and regular mods, you'll be missing the navigation keys from the base kit.  If you were planning on using this on a tenkeyless keyboard like in that render, you'd be missing the arrow keys and the six keys above them.

I want to use it on the Massdrop CTRL, what combination would I need to fit that?

Offline Lyle88

Show Image

Would we be able to buy this exact color combo as a kit or will we have to mix and match the hagomoro with the base kit?
—-
I wonder if the Vim kit will be a breakout hit. I’m mostly a PBT fan, but those Vim keycap tho.
Show Image

I don't mind Git vs Regular, just really like the color contrast with black/white. Thanks for the reply!

What keyboard are you planning to use it on?  If you just get hagoromo and regular mods, you'll be missing the navigation keys from the base kit.  If you were planning on using this on a tenkeyless keyboard like in that render, you'd be missing the arrow keys and the six keys above them.

I want to use it on the Massdrop CTRL, what combination would I need to fit that?
Just to clarify, if you want hagoromo alphas (or any alphas other than grey), you will need to purchase the grey base with modifiers of your choice, then add the alphas you want on top of that. If you purchase any base, you will get arrows

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline bagelmonster

Show Image

—-
Show Image

Just to clarify, if you want hagoromo alphas (or any alphas other than grey), you will need to purchase the grey base with modifiers of your choice, then add the alphas you want on top of that. If you purchase any base, you will get arrows

Yeah...that's what I assumed...my wallet isn't going to be happy

Offline steviechungus

Any chance of getting the Space Cadet symbols?

Offline OracleKev

How about adding text arrows to Cadet alpha kits?

Offline Quebectech

The OBLIVIONV2_ASSEMBLY_ERGODOX_OBLIVIONCADET  i've been dreaming about since April is coming soon!
Guess i'll be building an ergodox this summer!
I'd like to find tenkeyless.asm or macros.asm from last drop if anybody has some...

@Oblotzky You're my hero and I love you.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 May 2019, 01:56:02 by Quebectech »
Work : IBM M, mfg. Scotland 1997 P/N 42H1295
Play :  Massdrop ALT

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
OBLIVIONV2_ALPHAS_OBLIVIONCADET_625
OBLIVIONV2_MODIFIERS_SIXTY_GIT
OBLIVIONV2_MODIFIERS_NAVIGATION_COLUMN
OBLIVIONV2_MODIFIERS_NAVIGATION_ARROWS_TEXT
OBLIVIONV2_MODIFIERS_GIT_R4_175_CHECKOUT
OBLIVIONV2_BASE_GIT_OBLIVION
OBLIVIONV2_RAMA_WORKS_R1_100_GIT_LOGO

Offline fatpolomanjr

OBLIVIONV2_BASE_GIT_HAGOROMO
OBLIVIONV2_ASSEMBLY_ORTHOLINEAR_HAGOROMOCADET
OBLIVIONV2_ALPHAS_F1_TO_F12_HAGOROMO
OBLIVIONV2_SPACEKEY_HAGOROMO_175 2
OBLIVIONV2_SPACEBAR_HAGOROMO_600_OFFCENTERED
OBLIVIONV2_MODIFIERS_NAVIGATION_ARROWS_ICON
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline Oblotzky

Any chance of getting the Space Cadet symbols?

There is Oblivion Cadet to upgrade any of the Base Kits to have Space Cadet style alphas, or the Hagoromo Cadet Alphas if you want white alphas in Space Cadet style.

How about adding text arrows to Cadet alpha kits?

Don't really see the point, and besides, the kits are locked in now as we are starting the GB in just a few days.

The OBLIVIONV2_ASSEMBLY_ERGODOX_OBLIVIONCADET  i've been dreaming about since April is coming soon!
Guess i'll be building an ergodox this summer!
I'd like to find tenkeyless.asm or macros.asm from last drop if anybody has some...

@Oblotzky You're my hero and I love you.

"tenkeyless.asm or macros.asm from last drop" - that drop was for this color scheme but in a different profile, the high profile SA produced by Signature Plastics in the United States, while this upcoming drop is for Cherry profile produced by GMK electronics design GmbH in Germany. They wouldn't match.

Love you too!

OBLIVIONV2_ALPHAS_OBLIVIONCADET_625
OBLIVIONV2_MODIFIERS_SIXTY_GIT
OBLIVIONV2_MODIFIERS_NAVIGATION_COLUMN
OBLIVIONV2_MODIFIERS_NAVIGATION_ARROWS_TEXT
OBLIVIONV2_MODIFIERS_GIT_R4_175_CHECKOUT
OBLIVIONV2_BASE_GIT_OBLIVION

OBLIVIONV2_BASE_GIT_HAGOROMO
OBLIVIONV2_ASSEMBLY_ORTHOLINEAR_HAGOROMOCADET
OBLIVIONV2_ALPHAS_F1_TO_F12_HAGOROMO
OBLIVIONV2_SPACEKEY_HAGOROMO_175 2
OBLIVIONV2_SPACEBAR_HAGOROMO_600_OFFCENTERED
OBLIVIONV2_MODIFIERS_NAVIGATION_ARROWS_ICON

April fools orders are being sorted currently, hang tight!

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Oblotzky wading in a waist-high sea of keycaps, sorting, and sorting, and sorting... heading towards Oblivion.

Offline OracleKev

Locked and loaded!  So is my wallet.  Let's go!  :thumb:

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
OBLIVIONV2_BASE_MONOCHROME_OBLIVIONCADET
OBLIVIONV2_BASE_MONOCHROME_HAGOROMO
OBLIVIONV2_MODIFIERS_SIXTY_REGULAR
OBLIVIONV2_MODIFIERS_REGULAR_R4_150_BOTTOM_ROW
OBLIVIONV2_MODIFIERS_REGULAR_R3_STEPPED_CAPSLOCK
OBLIVIONV2_MODIFIERS_REGULAR_R3_STEPPED_FUNCTION
OBLIVIONV2_MODIFIERS_MONOCHROME_R3_STEPPED_FUNCTION

can't wait for this to ship starting next week :)

Offline The_Royal

• That's what I call, a Sunday.
Based on how April 1st went (Still Salty) I'm legitimatly so excited to see Massdrop.com come to a screeching halt like an opening hour "Re-Cap" Event come June 4th.

Been waiting for this set for a long, long while. :)

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
Regular mods in a base kit makes me happy, as I wasn't big on the Git mods. This will allow me to get the Hagoromo alphas at, hopefully, a cheaper overall price than what I was initially expecting.

Offline steezkeez

Regular mods in a base kit makes me happy, as I wasn't big on the Git mods. This will allow me to get the Hagoromo alphas at, hopefully, a cheaper overall price than what I was initially expecting.

Just posting to agree with this statement and echo the sentiment that the kit change has been beneficial (for myself, at least).

Offline kakiharaOne

Re: [IC] GMK Oblivion V2 - Launches June 4th 2019 on Drop.com - BIG kit update
« Reply #1531 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 07:24:41 »
Will the page still go up today on MD? Not seeing it when I search.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #1532 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 07:27:53 »
I think it goes live on June 4th

Offline kakiharaOne

« Reply #1533 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 07:29:27 »

To purchase on June 4th but he said June 1st for pricing.

Offline The_Royal

• That's what I call, a Sunday.
« Reply #1534 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 07:39:14 »

New drops and updates usually happen at 08:00am CST. 

Though sometimes the “coming soon” announcements are in the random afternoon

Offline kakiharaOne

« Reply #1535 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 07:49:30 »

New drops and updates usually happen at 08:00am CST. 

Though sometimes the “coming soon” announcements are in the random afternoon

Will keep an eye out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #1536 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 10:15:59 »
We're pre-launching on Monday instead as Yanbo is away for Keycon and the page needs a bit more work. But this doesn't change the launch date so nothing to worry about or so.

Offline Gati

« Reply #1537 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 11:43:23 »
can’t wait to see pricing

(Inb4 it was already revealed but 28 31(!?) pages is too much to sift through)

Offline buhbang

« Reply #1538 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 15:00:53 »
oof do i need to buy 2 kits if i want both git and base modifiers

Offline thornkin

« Reply #1539 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 15:08:30 »
Yes.  But you can cover two full boards with that.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline mousetrap00

« Reply #1540 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 17:01:52 »
Will the kits be able to cover the xd75 all 1u layout?

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #1541 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 17:22:12 »

I'm sure they would. You just have to make sure you buy the right ones.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #1542 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 21:55:41 »

You'd want the Assemblies kit I believe.

Offline diorite

« Reply #1543 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 00:53:45 »
We're pre-launching on Monday instead as Yanbo is away for Keycon and the page needs a bit more work. But this doesn't change the launch date so nothing to worry about or so.

Thanks for the update. I was wondering why it wasn't posted as I had seen you say earlier that the page would go up on the first.

Super excited for this. Best of luck.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #1544 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 05:33:08 »
Two days

Offline kim-kim

« Reply #1545 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 17:42:56 »

Yes, assembly kit is very minimal and not quite aesthetic
For maximum aesthetic, assembly + hagoromo cadet alphas kit are the best combo

Offline slimydog

« Reply #1546 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 18:02:17 »
Interesting that this with GMK Nord and GMK Dracula are out there at same time.  This is my go-to though by far. 
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 June 2019, 18:07:22 by slimydog »

Offline LXVRGS

« Reply #1547 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 20:05:09 »
Gotta catch em all.

Offline break

« Reply #1548 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 22:07:05 »
New to this so I want to confirm: the RAMA Git aluminum key is not included in the core kit, right? That's just an alternate 1u R1?

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #1549 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 22:17:57 »
New to this so I want to confirm: the RAMA Git aluminum key is not included in the core kit, right? That's just an alternate 1u R1?

That is correct. The Rama keycap is a separate purchase.