Author Topic: Shipping international with Stamps.com  (Read 2181 times)

Offline bavman

Shipping international with Stamps.com
« on: Wed, 18 April 2012, 10:16:36 »
I signed up for stamps.com a week ago so I can ship all the gb stuff from home. I see you can fill out customs forms on their websites, but I haven't started printing stuff so do I need to do anything after I print international postage like take it to the post office to be stamped or is it ready to ship like that?

Offline Reptile

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 18 April 2012, 10:26:16 »
I am also looking for the answer for this. I know tsangan used stamps.com but I don't know if he does still.
Home:Realforce 87UB 55g
Work:Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 18 April 2012, 10:44:22 »
USPS won't come pick it up if there isn't at least one priority box. They never want to pick up my first class :( I have to catch them when they come.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 18 April 2012, 10:48:34 »
International is much like CONUS just that you have to fill out each line separately (ie. Name, Street, City, State, Postal Code etc), then you just have to fill out whats in the package and declare the value. Print it out cut it and take it on the package and you're good to go, no additional work. All they do at the post office after is just scan it, if you don't have time to wait for them to scan everything, look for a post office near you willing to take in mass shipments and you can just drop it all off and be on your way.

You can fit 2 labels one 1 piece of lettered size paper also be careful when you print international and CONUS, international prints on the bottom of the paper and CONUS prints on the top of the paper, you need to keep this in mind when you're trying to fit 2 labels on 1 piece of paper
Keyboardless

Offline bavman

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 18 April 2012, 12:51:01 »
Thanks tsangan, that'd exactly what I needed to know

Offline bavman

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 19 April 2012, 01:06:07 »
What a pain in the a**. I just started printing off the international stuff and it takes forever

Offline tsangan

• ★★★
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
  • 1000/600
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 19 April 2012, 10:17:26 »
It's not that bad, stamps.com makes it a lot easier
Keyboardless

Offline qtan5370

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 19 April 2012, 13:03:56 »
Just printed out the label and put it on the box and it is ready to go.

If you have a lot and don't want to drop them in the post office, they do free pick up if there is at least one Priority mail whatever it is, or you can pay for a pick up.

Sometime I have to much staff so I put one to Priority mail so I get a free pick up.
Look for Keyboard? Check my offers. I have most major keyboard and some caps for you, if you don\'t see it there, ask me. I am Top rated seller on eBay now, and have retail store in China selling keyboard and other gaming staffs.

My eBay store http://stores.ebay.com/E-sports-Gaming-equipments?_rdc=1

My store(lower price than eBay): http://www.keyboardwow.com

Offline StampsComCorp

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 14 May 2012, 13:06:19 »
Hi Bavman,

Just to confirm what tsangan said, Stamps.com does allow you to print International postage for all mail classes including First Class Mail International.  The software will automatically determine which customs form to use -- either the one page form (Form 2976) or the three page form (Form 2976-A).

When printing Customs Forms using online postage, an electronic "Round Stamp" is included on the form which designates you as a "known mailer." That round stamp and "known mailer" status allows you to hand the international package directly to your mail carrier at your house, drop it off on the Post Office counter or even drop it off in a blue mail collection box.

Note on giving package to your daily mail carrier:   Your daily mail carrier will pick-up one or two packages per day as long as they are not too big.  But if you have more packages than the carrier can carry with him or her, they probably will require you to schedule a pick-up.

Hope this helps!
Eric
Stamps.com