Author Topic: Do Trackball settings effect mouse settings ?  (Read 3047 times)

Offline Wolfseye

Do Trackball settings effect mouse settings ?
« on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 07:34:12 »
Today I got my first Trackball, a Kensington Slim Blade. Something strange i realized/noticed now in my browser. The Scrollspeed for websites in my browser seems strangly slow out of a sudden. How can that be ? On the Trackball i can rotate the ball to scroll up or down, and that works relatively good. Faster for sure than with the Mouse. And I am pretty sure my mouse scroll in webbrowser was faster before I had the Trackball. Does anyone know about that ?

Thanks

Wolfseye

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (MX-Blue/Green LEDs) - Ducky Shine 3 (MX-Red/Pink LEDs) - Ducky Shine 4 (MX-Blue/Red&Blue LEDs) - CM Storm Quickfire TK (MX-Brown/White LEDs) - TTeSports Poseidon Z RGB (Kailh-Blue)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: Do Trackball settings effect mouse settings ?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 14:21:46 »
Have you installed TrackballWorks? I think it just changes system settings, instead of dealing with the hardware directly, or at least using USB IDs.

Offline Wolfseye

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 14:58:16 »
Have you installed TrackballWorks? I think it just changes system settings, instead of dealing with the hardware directly, or at least using USB IDs.

Yes I actually did. Didnt know that the Software wouldnt do as it should, keep things with that one device only. But hell, I can always use the Trackball for the Browser. That thing works really well.

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (MX-Blue/Green LEDs) - Ducky Shine 3 (MX-Red/Pink LEDs) - Ducky Shine 4 (MX-Blue/Red&Blue LEDs) - CM Storm Quickfire TK (MX-Brown/White LEDs) - TTeSports Poseidon Z RGB (Kailh-Blue)

Offline Wolfseye

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 15:14:03 »
Does anyone know the tool calles MOUSE SPEED SWITCHER? Would it help these issues?

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 00:37:22 »
If the tools are just manipulating the same system controls, it's not going to give you independent trackball and mouse speed control.  You need something independent for each, or at least one of them.