Author Topic: [IC] GMK Lunar 🚀 — inspired by NASA's AGC and DSKY [GB MAR 6 - APR 7][PRICING👇🏼]  (Read 75958 times)

Offline Deadboy

• I have a bad feeling about this.
    • KN1GHT
woaw! What a beauty! As a "space guy" I really dig the colors and thought about this set.  :eek:

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

2B mods and N9 alphas may be my fav, or tied with original design.

Re alpha kit pricing: camping has Latin alphas at 62. Violet on cream had purple alphas (also numpad alphas) for 70, and that’s novelkeys pricing which is typically cheapest. Take away number row you could be in the 50s. Oblivion r2 sold over 1000 hagoromo alphas and was 55$.

Offline maximize

I like the monochromatic alphas+mods! Overall, though, it seems like a lot of grey. What about changing F5-F8 and Rset (Esc) to N9? Or F1-F4 and F9-F12?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
I like the monochromatic alphas+mods! Overall, though, it seems like a lot of grey. What about changing F5-F8 and Rset (Esc) to N9? Or F1-F4 and F9-F12?

To include with the Lunar Module (N9 alphas)?

Offline maximize

Not necessarily, but maybe. I meant that I would consider putting them in the base kit.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Two more quick renders, showcasing what it could look like on a HHKB (two versions, one for Ensaum but without mixing red and yellow, and one for me):

228734-0

228740-1

The legends on the yellow keys should be N9. My bad. Please imagine they are.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 October 2019, 16:31:46 by Moridin »

Offline Ensaum

:rolleyes:
Two more quick renders, showcasing what it could look like on a HHKB (two versions, one for Ensaum but without mixing red and yellow, and one for me):

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Ah shucks, I'm honored. Both are 🔥

Offline duxbridge

IMO. the Lunar Module should be part of the base set.

Offline BrainBunker

I would probably agree. However, if it's decided not to do that (runner decides what they want for the vision), I'd just buy the lunar module. Personally, I can't imagine using this without it.

Offline Deadboy

• KN1GHT

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

:eek:

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
OK, so according to the IC form I posted, 70% want the Novelty Kit and 49% want the Lunar Module kit with N9 alphas.

Should I combine the two?

Other thoughts:

- 40s kit has low interest
- NorDEUK barely any
- Spacebar kit lower than expected.

So plans at this point in time include:
- Base Kit
- Novelties
- Spacebars
- Lunar Module (N9 alphas)

I was thinking of combining alphas with spacebars or novelties to lower costs but that would mean that some would pay more than they need/want to.

Thoughts?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Updated the novelty kit...

228774-0

- Grey novelty legends changed to light grey (2M) from (N9).
- Design of Footprint and Moon refined to meet GMK's guidelines.

To do:
- refine Lander and Astronaut

Feedback welcome.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

Not necessarily, but maybe. I meant that I would consider putting them in the base kit.

I would probably agree. However, if it's decided not to do that (runner decides what they want for the vision), I'd just buy the lunar module. Personally, I can't imagine using this without it.

Current IC numbers show that a little under 50% want the Lunar Module Kit. I'm pretty sure that number will drop by 50% once they see the price in the 50-70 USD range.

Also considering adding R1 Esc + F5-F8 in N9 to Lunar Module kit.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Made some new mockups to showcase some things...

Red accents with Lunar Module at a different angle

228784-0

Yellow accents with yellow and grey novelties.

228786-1

What if I also added white (WS1) accents to the novelty kit? Mocking up a Haze M60-A look for a change in scenery.

228788-2

Offline Ensaum

Current IC numbers show that a little under 50% want the Lunar Module Kit. I'm pretty sure that number will drop by 50% once they see the price in the 50-70 USD range.

Also considering adding R1 Esc + F5-F8 in N9 to Lunar Module kit.

$50-$70 is pretty standard for an alpha kit and I think most people interested enough to fill out the form know this. You should probably also add a 7u space bar to Lunar Module as well.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
So I made some more renders today, to showcase some ideas from the IC form. Feedback welcome.

228801-0
228803-1

An “e-white” and purple HHKB with white accents.

228805-2

I also renders some novelties - Neil Armstrong’s footprint and the moon - with yellow accents.

228807-3

And one more angle of the red ones.

Let me know.

Offline portbaron

I like the all gray version more than the black alphas.
| LIVING THE 1800 LIFE |

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
I like the kits the way they are. But I will probably buy the dark alphas.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
So I spent the last two days working on the kits some more along with some very unprofessional renders (but hopefully better than screenshots from KLE).

Please note that the text on the arrows will be replaced by arrow icons. The font is also not a perfect match for GMK's font. These are temporary renders until they're more or less finalized, when I'll get someone who knows what she or he is doing to do them.

228839-0

228841-1

228843-2

228845-3

Offline deLEES

I love what you are doing with this kit, but please, please, please add UK ISO; it is only a couple extra keys but a deal breaker for me without it :(

Offline MdotMaxson

I’m struggling to see the resemblance. Nice colors. Just missed the intent.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
I’m struggling to see the resemblance. Nice colors. Just missed the intent.

What are you missing exactly?

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
I love what you are doing with this kit, but please, please, please add UK ISO; it is only a couple extra keys but a deal breaker for me without it :(

Is it these four yellow keycaps?  Do you want them in the base kit so you don't have to purchase NorDeUK?  And/or added to the N9 Lunar Module kit?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

Is it these four yellow keycaps?  Do you want them in the base kit so you don't have to purchase NorDeUK?  And/or added to the N9 Lunar Module kit?

Show Image

Yeah, would need 8 extra keys total.

Curious: why is it a dealbreaker deLEES?

Offline deLEES

Show Image

The 4 highlighted in the base kit is what I'm after. Assuming average cost of other NorDeUK kits, it is a significant additionbal cost when all i need out of it is 4 keys. I can't justify the added expense. Fair if others can, but I can't.
« Last Edit: Sun, 27 October 2019, 05:21:01 by deLEES »

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

Show Image

The 4 highlighted in the base kit is what I'm after. Assuming average cost of other NorDeUK kits, it is a significant additionbal cost when all i need out of it is 4 keys. I can't justify the added expense. Fair if others can, but I can't.

This is a recurring topic. On one hand it’s only 4 keys, on the other, it’s 4 additional key that the vast majority won’t need or use.

Why doesn’t the basic ISO fulfill your needs? Legends?

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Lunar has been still constantly present in my thoughts over these past few days and feel free to join the discussion on Discord in #mor-gmk-lunar if you have any feedback.

In the meantime, the-one-and-only Salvun has just sent me a fantastic surprise...

Salvun's Lunar Footstep Artisan

229322-0
229324-1
229326-2

Let us know what you think!

Offline Deadboy

• KN1GHT
Lunar has been still constantly present in my thoughts over these past few days and feel free to join the discussion on Discord in #mor-gmk-lunar if you have any feedback.

In the meantime, the-one-and-only Salvun has just sent me a fantastic surprise...

Salvun's Lunar Footstep Artisan

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Let us know what you think!

Beautiful!!

Offline FRANCO

Oh wuttt...I typically don't really care for Artisan's, but this one oddly has me lol

Offline Deadboy

• KN1GHT

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
So what if I added a Third Stage Alpha kit? I'm guessing this is a really bad idea, especially since the Lunar Module alpha kit will probably run at around 70-80 EUR/USD.

229472-0

These alphas are 2M with 2B legends — reversed standard colours.

Offline Ensaum

So what if I added a Third Stage Alpha kit? I'm guessing this is a really bad idea, especially since the Lunar Module alpha kit will probably run at around 70-80 EUR/USD.

(Attachment Link)

I don't like it tbh.

Offline kolyz

(Attachment Link)

I prefer the original design, personally.

Offline maximize

(Attachment Link)

I prefer the original design, personally.

Original design best design.

Offline RacerK1

+1 for the ortho/40s kit. Love the original design and colorway. The custom legends are great!

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Currently working to improve novelties. Especially R4 1.5u. Will fill it in nicely once completed.

Scrapping 3rd stage idea for now.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
229922-0

Two novelties have been re-worked, to better fit in with GMK's guidelines for vector art.

Astronaut's Helmet — it now reflects the moon's surface in the visor.

Neil Armstrong's Footprint — it's now modelled more on the sole of his boot than on the actual print that he left (shadow and all).

Currently working on an even better Lunar Lander for the R4 1.5u keys. The Moon will be moved to R4 1u keys.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
230776-0

• Lunar Lander has been reworked to meet GMK's specs (hopefully). Might not be final yet though.
  • R4 1.5u Moon novelties moved to R4 1u keys.
  • Lunar Lander with Flag added to R4 1.5u keys.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Only 25% of the people who filled out the IC form are interested in the additional spacebar kit. With those kinds of numbers, I'll have to drop it.

Offline Rayndalf

GMK Lunar more like GMK Apollo
GMK Apollo more like GMK Lunar
I swear these two sets should really swap names at some point and make more sense thematically, but confuse everyone even more :p

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
I swear these two sets should really swap names at some point and make more sense thematically, but confuse everyone even more :p

"GMK Apollo Guidance Computer with DSKY Interface" was a bit too long. 😉

Offline Rayndalf

Fair enough. I'm just glad this isn't (trying to) run in December against the Olivian Juggernaut++

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries

Fair enough. I'm just glad this isn't (trying to) run in December against the Olivian Juggernaut++

Well March 2020 was planned originally by me (I think I wrote about that somewhere in this thread) and I just noticed that's the month that Octix decided to run Apollo.

Offline Rayndalf

I guess that makes sense, the ICs came out less than a week apart so I'm guessing one of those 'convergent evolution' sorts of things. Might be more moon artisans made that month too, so it could be a win-win.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
I have a feeling like if it had dark grey mods, it would look a lot better, but that's just my opinion.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
I have a feeling like if it had dark grey mods, it would look a lot better, but that's just my opinion.

Then it would be just Modern Dolch with different legends.

See a render here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=103028.msg2824993#msg2824993

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp

Well March 2020 was planned originally by me (I think I wrote about that somewhere in this thread) and I just noticed that's the month that Octix decided to run Apollo.

GMK DSKY would be a fun name, maybe more distinctive, more memorable, and easier to Google search, even if less easy to pronounce.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards