Author Topic: [GB] KAT Space Cadet - Delivering to US customers  (Read 154232 times)

Offline kajahtaa

Re: [GB] KAT Space Cadet - Kitting (Jul 1)
« Reply #250 on: Thu, 01 July 2021, 10:57:35 »
it's not mold those concrete walls get dirty easily

When I Lived in Beijing the white stairwells all looked like someone drove on them with coal tires.

Also great news. Thanks for the update.

Offline joshuarubin

« Reply #251 on: Mon, 05 July 2021, 14:34:01 »
Kat Atlantis got converted to doubleshot. It looks like this is still dye sub? If so, is that why it appears to, maybe, have leapfrogged Atlantis in production?

Offline umberts

« Reply #252 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 02:33:29 »
Just heard from Keyreative, they're making scoops.

Also, Kitting is underway!

Great!

But can I ask what kitting actually is? Are they making the trays or what am I missing? :D

Offline tominabox1

Re: [GB] KAT Space Cadet - Shipping! July 9, 2021
« Reply #253 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 09:59:40 »
Just heard from Keyreative, they're making scoops.

Also, Kitting is underway!

Great!

But can I ask what kitting actually is? Are they making the trays or what am I missing? :D

Kitting is taking the bulk keycaps and putting them into the kits you bought.

Also, we've received a report from a Chinese ZF customer that they have already received their set! While this is great news, neither Alas or I have been provided a full set for final quality review. The one person we've had contact with who has received a set did not have any unexpected issues, so at least there's that. We're trying to contact ZF/Keyreative to understand why sets have gone out without our final approval, and this may delay further shipments but that is unknown at this time.

Hang in there everyone, we can see the finish line!

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
« Reply #254 on: Sat, 10 July 2021, 11:01:42 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 21:10:10 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #255 on: Sat, 10 July 2021, 19:40:52 »
Great, I'm looking forward to my sets! Getting ready to set up 2 40s!

Sent from my Surface Duo using Tapatalk

Offline chevill

Re: [GB] KAT Space Cadet - Production Underway April 2021
« Reply #256 on: Sat, 10 July 2021, 23:52:09 »
Latest update from MKUltra says "in production. currently addressing an issue with homing keycaps"

Is there anyone who can elaborate on that?
Show Image

Because the alphas are reverse dye sub, not unlike Wraith, the bar homing keys have halos, but the more detrimental issue is that the legends appear on top of the homing bar itself. We've asked if we can get duplicated scooped homing keys as well as the bars (scoops without bars, and normal bar). Scooped homing was not available when we ran the buy or we would have done that from the beginning. We're still waiting on a response from Keyreative since June 1st.

Excuse my ignorance but I don't understand what a scooped homing key is. Does this mean there will be a fixed version of the homing keys with a bar that doesn't cover the legends or just a duplicated homing key that doesn't have a bar at all? I'm good either way as long as I get a homing key that doesn't have a bump in the middle of the legend.

I do find it very unusual that a Keycap manufacturer thought this was OK though. If this was some kind of mistake that would result in a delay that's understandable but if these made it all the way to mass production and they looked at the result thought they did an acceptable job and wanted to send them to customers this way that doesn't speak very well of their operation.

I appreciate the transparency and frequent communication that has been shown throughout this entire group buy though. There were a lot of issues that popped up and they were all handled as well as anyone could expect. You've done a great job.

Offline Mr Chrome

Re: [GB] KAT Space Cadet - Production Underway April 2021
« Reply #257 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 04:36:47 »
Excuse my ignorance but I don't understand what a scooped homing key is. Does this mean there will be a fixed version of the homing keys with a bar that doesn't cover the legends or just a duplicated homing key that doesn't have a bar at all? I'm good either way as long as I get a homing key that doesn't have a bump in the middle of the legend.

A scooped homing key is when the homing keys have a curved shape.

This would avoid the problems with legends going over the bars and also halos around the bars since it avoids them altogether, while still being different from regular keys. Bonus: they look cool.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline chevill

« Reply #258 on: Sun, 11 July 2021, 09:55:02 »
Thanks for the pic. I found plenty of advertisements for keycaps that had them as an option but I couldn't really find a close-up. I think that's a good solution.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #259 on: Mon, 12 July 2021, 03:37:23 »
Scooped looks better than bar on high profile caps anyways :D

Offline tominabox1

Re: [GB] KAT Space Cadet - Shipping July 2021
« Reply #260 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 18:25:06 »
Alas and MKUltra have received and reviewed the production sample and sent approval to ZF and Keyreative to continue shipping!  Thank you for your patience and its time to start looking forward to having your sets in hand soon! 

« Reply #261 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 19:23:22 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 21:10:49 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #262 on: Thu, 22 July 2021, 20:07:15 »
Thanks, looking forward to it, & may PM you on the 40s discord for more kits!

Sent from my Surface Duo using Tapatalk

Offline InfiniteMan

« Reply #263 on: Sun, 25 July 2021, 22:24:01 »
I have received my kits from ZF on July 17 (ship from China to Taiwan).
However I found the 7u space bars get stuck when bottomed out.
From my measurement the KAT 7u space bars are obviously shorter than GMK ones.
Wondering if others have the same issue and what can we do about it?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 July 2021, 11:59:34 by InfiniteMan »

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #264 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 00:25:00 »
Can you post some pics?

Offline InfiniteMan

« Reply #265 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 10:10:42 »
Can you post some pics?

Here are some pics, red one is GMK and the gray one is KAT.   
From my measurement the KAT ones are about 0.5mm shorter than the GMK one,   
and you have to press quite hard to fully fit the KAT spacebar into the stems of the stabilizer.

« Last Edit: Mon, 26 July 2021, 10:29:55 by InfiniteMan »

Offline rpiguy9907

« Reply #266 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 10:40:30 »
Hopefully the spacebar issue will be resolved when the US sets are QC'ed. Keyreative shipped the sets before they were accepted by the designer.

"It has come to our attention that Keyreative / zFrontier have shipped some if not all KAT Space Cadet orders out to customers in China and possibly beyond China. Unfortunately, none of these kits have been signed off on by the designers of the sets yet. As such we can't guarantee that the quality of the sets shipped are up to our standards.

Under normal circumstances Keyreative / zFrontier would have shipped sample sets out to the designers for final approval. Due to this complete breakdown of process we find ourselves in an impossible position. While we really want to make sure KAT Space Cadet gets into the hands of customers, we currently have no idea if the quality of the product lives up to the expectations of the designers.

When we were made aware that these sets had been shipped out to customers in China, we immediately took action to halt shipping. We've been promised that the sample sets will be shipped out to us and the designers this coming Monday. zFrontier has reportedly halted shipping of KAT Space Cadet.

We aim to get these samples to the designers for approval ASAP so we can get shipping started as soon as possible.

- MKUltra Corporation"

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #267 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 15:20:53 »
Can you post some pics?

and you have to press quite hard to fully fit the KAT spacebar into the stems of the stabilizer.

Show Image

Show Image

Out of curiosity, are you measuring stem-to-stem?  Because that minor difference in length of the body of the bar isn't particularly relevant to whether it fits on the stabs.  However, if the stems for mounting don't match up, that'd be good to know.

I have noticed that KAT tends to fit very tightly on stems in general, and you may want to lubricate your stabilizers a bit more to compensate, should that tightness be impeding the return.

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #268 on: Mon, 26 July 2021, 19:17:32 »
These are not renders
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline VellFlamm

« Reply #269 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 04:21:33 »
This is too good for Keyreative, so I'm not gonna believe it until I see them with my own eyes.
But it does look promising. I mean, it should be way better than the KITTY KAT that I have at least.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #270 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 05:01:35 »
Would anyone be able to sell me the Hyper7 kit?
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline InfiniteMan

« Reply #271 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 08:52:21 »
Can you post some pics?

Show Image

Show Image

Out of curiosity, are you measuring stem-to-stem?  Because that minor difference in length of the body of the bar isn't particularly relevant to whether it fits on the stabs.  However, if the stems for mounting don't match up, that'd be good to know.

I have noticed that KAT tends to fit very tightly on stems in general, and you may want to lubricate your stabilizers a bit more to compensate, should that tightness be impeding the return.

Yes I measured stem-to-stem.
I also tried two different boards, same results, while GMK and SA ones are just fine.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #272 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 12:59:52 »
These are not renders
 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

How is your spacebar?

Offline Gabrielcr78

« Reply #273 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 14:30:16 »
Any chance you can add the US English INTL?

Offline Gabrielcr78

« Reply #274 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 14:31:00 »
Also, the US South does not have the Spanish European keys

Offline kidpid

« Reply #275 on: Thu, 29 July 2021, 15:07:09 »
Considering that the GB ended over a year ago and production recently finished and is now shipping to customers -- I would say there is no chance.

Offline salgiza

« Reply #276 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 02:11:42 »
Also, the US South does not have the Spanish European keys

What do you mean by that? The ISO South kit has all the Spanish (ES/Spain) keys. This kit does not include tertiary symbols, though, but that is by design.

But yeah, I don't think that there is a high chance of changing the kitting after the keycaps have been actually manufactured and shipped  ;)

Offline Gabrielcr78

« Reply #277 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 09:05:39 »
thanks a lot for clarifying, I'm new and don't know very well how the GBs timing work.

regarding the ES keyboard.. not really, in Spanish keyboard the first key in R4 for SOUTH ISO has the symbols: "ş",  "Ş" and "\" for example, but this one only has "ş" and "Ş", i think \ is enough important for being there.
that that's just an example, others are the number 4 (should have 4,$ and ~) and number 6 (should have 6, & and ¬)... there are a few more... so honestly not.. Spanish European (or Spanish from Spain) is not really complete.

Offline Gabrielcr78

« Reply #278 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 09:18:45 »
for reference:

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #279 on: Fri, 30 July 2021, 11:07:55 »
for reference:

Show Image

For reference, the keycaps have already been made and shipped.

Offline Pizza_on_Pineapple

« Reply #280 on: Sat, 31 July 2021, 05:50:13 »
thanks a lot for clarifying, I'm new and don't know very well how the GBs timing work.

regarding the ES keyboard.. not really, in Spanish keyboard the first key in R4 for SOUTH ISO has the symbols: "ş",  "Ş" and "\" for example, but this one only has "ş" and "Ş", i think \ is enough important for being there.
that that's just an example, others are the number 4 (should have 4,$ and ~) and number 6 (should have 6, & and ¬)... there are a few more... so honestly not.. Spanish European (or Spanish from Spain) is not really complete.

Like salgiza said, this was probably done by design. I think I have never seen a set with centered legends that have a few triple legend keycaps. That would just look weird

Offline umberts

« Reply #281 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 06:22:26 »
Anyone ordered from Mykeyboard? Can't see tracking information yet, wondering if this is normal.

« Reply #282 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 09:03:39 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 21:11:14 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline tominabox1

« Reply #283 on: Sun, 01 August 2021, 11:21:48 »
Anyone ordered from Mykeyboard? Can't see tracking information yet, wondering if this is normal.

This is normal for them.

None of the proxies have received their sets. The orders going out right now are for Chinese locals only. MKUltra's sets are on the way, slowly. I cannot speak for the other vendors but I suspect they're in the same boat.

Offline Pyrotech

« Reply #284 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 06:43:42 »
Mykeyboard stated the following in their Discord on August 9th:
"quick update regarding KAT arctic, KAT lucky Jade, Space cadet, JTK FC, JTK ZEN: They are finally all cleared and on their way to us. should arrive in the next 2-3 weeks! we hope to process asap"

So hopefully we will get shipping notifications late August/Early September.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #285 on: Fri, 20 August 2021, 07:14:03 »

This is normal for them.

None of the proxies have received their sets. The orders going out right now are for Chinese locals only. MKUltra's sets are on the way, slowly. I cannot speak for the other vendors but I suspect they're in the same boat.

Well probably not the *same* boat. MKU's is still parked in Shanghai, last we checked :-P

Offline louckousse

« Reply #286 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 05:15:51 »
Just got the shipping tracking for my order from Zfrontier. It's getting real!

Offline doubleotwo

« Reply #287 on: Wed, 25 August 2021, 10:59:37 »
Does the tracker say anything about ETA ?

Offline louckousse

« Reply #288 on: Thu, 26 August 2021, 10:40:43 »
Does the tracker say anything about ETA ?

If I trust the fedex estimation, should be there tomorrow morning.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #289 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 05:04:51 »
Bump again for someone to please sell me their Hyper 7 kit?
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline VellFlamm

« Reply #290 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 05:27:32 »

https://mkultra.click/gb-kat-space-cadet
Mkultra still has Hyper7 kit left

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #291 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 06:30:23 »

Thank you for posting this but unfortunately they will not post to UK.

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline VellFlamm

« Reply #292 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 09:15:22 »

Oh that's a bummer. I'm sorry about that. I hope you'll find someone soon.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #293 on: Fri, 27 August 2021, 13:58:03 »

I know that some vendors are doing minimums to the UK. Does he ship if you buy more extras? You could always flip the excess.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #294 on: Sat, 28 August 2021, 02:28:45 »

I know that some vendors are doing minimums to the UK. Does he ship if you buy more extras? You could always flip the excess.

It is not a value or volume issue but an issue with their payment and delivery processor over leaving the EU.  Apparently they are trying to resolve the issue soon but I fear any extras will be long gone.  If anyone wants to PM me to help with adding the Hyper 7 kit to their order, I would pay for delivery to them and me?

Systems -
More

Keyboards -
More

Offline dstaar

« Reply #295 on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 01:39:17 »
anyone knows the status of MKUltra's sets?
it's said on the way to warehouse like a month ago,
thanks.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #296 on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 11:42:48 »
anyone knows the status of MKUltra's sets?
it's said on the way to warehouse like a month ago,
thanks.

Assuming they are shipping by ship, it will take like 1.5-2 months to get to the US port.

Offline kajahtaa

« Reply #297 on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 13:31:14 »
Ship having a nice weekend

Offline splodeybaloney

« Reply #298 on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 14:06:21 »
The most I've seen is that they were expected into port on Sept 15th, having just been loaded on a boat from China on August 15th.

It was having a few days anchored offshore from that port for a while, I've been keeping an eye and it was expected there 4 days earlier, so things are running a little behind already.

Here's the link to that ship tracking also: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:3500/zoom:13 they said apparently this is the boat MKU's keycaps are on

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #299 on: Sun, 29 August 2021, 18:11:34 »
Mine arrived from MyKeyboard on Friday. I only ordered the mono alphas (to combine with other sets).

I have to say some of the legend alignment is pretty yikes. Here are some of the worst keys:

[Note: blurriness is bad focus, not the keys themselves]

GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR