Author Topic: [GB] SP SA Yuri / DCS ALPS Yuri (Closed)  (Read 78545 times)

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

Re: [GB] SP SA Yuri / DCS ALPS Yuri (Closed)
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 14 June 2020, 15:43:03 »
This is the most accurate I could get for color.

Pics in your bright bathroom > accuracy. Look forward to the 2020 blue keyset group picture too.

Offline wil

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 20:54:07 »
absolutely gorgeous set. delighted by how it turned out. i am curious though about one thing in particular: with SP SA is it normal to have caps with so many (for my lack of a better term) "machine marks"? a lot of my modifier keys have "scratches", ones that you can see only at a certain angle. my r3 pipe key for example has two big scratches. i am hopeful with time that they will go away after the shine develops, but even then it's not a big deal. i am just curious if it's normal.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 15 June 2020, 21:34:13 »
absolutely gorgeous set. delighted by how it turned out. i am curious though about one thing in particular: with SP SA is it normal to have caps with so many (for my lack of a better term) "machine marks"? a lot of my modifier keys have "scratches", ones that you can see only at a certain angle. my r3 pipe key for example has two big scratches. i am hopeful with time that they will go away after the shine develops, but even then it's not a big deal. i am just curious if it's normal.

Yes, that has been the case in every SP set I’ve owned.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 03:57:43 »
(Attachment Link)

Ha.  That took me way too long to figure out which keycap goes where.  It's been a long time since I had to look at a photo to get it right.  :thumb:  This is the most accurate I could get for color.  Keep in mind this is natural shaded light.  There is a window to my left and it's 5:00pm.  The desk mat is a cool white and black.  Colors are really nice.  I wish the orange popped more on the dark blue, but overall, the aesthetic is quite lovely.

Bold and beautiful.

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 08:48:04 »

Those markings are left from injection process and you basically see the plastic flow during that process. They are visible because of the natural semi matte surface. If the caps had texture like Cherry or DCS profile then those markings would not be visible. Once the caps start to shine they should become invisible.
« Last Edit: Tue, 16 June 2020, 08:50:55 by T0mb3ry »

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #155 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 16:22:24 »
Just got my DCS kit in and it looks great. Still waiting on a board to throw it on. So it goes with Alps. Noticed that the "? /" is a little odd. Not a big deal, just an observation. Drop snuck me in an extra "P" so if anyone is missing it, I'm your guy. 245072-0
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline wil

« Reply #156 on: Tue, 16 June 2020, 18:40:34 »

Those markings are left from injection process and you basically see the plastic flow during that process. They are visible because of the natural semi matte surface. If the caps had texture like Cherry or DCS profile then those markings would not be visible. Once the caps start to shine they should become invisible.

fascinating stuff. thank you for explaining the process t0mb3ry. going to enjoy this set thoroughly and wait for the day when it gets ran again through GMK.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #157 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 08:22:13 »
Noticed that the "? /" is a little odd.

Indeed its odd. Tho i did not noticed it but the "' ` symbols which were way too bold for the rest of the symbols. Those keys should have been replaced and be inline style-wise with other symbols.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 13:08:46 »
For those who are looking for extras.

Drop will offer extras for purchase pretty soon. In order to be notified about the availability you need to press request button on the site.
https://drop.com/buy/drop-t0mb3ry-sa-yuri-custom-keycap-set

Offline mode

« Reply #159 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 15:36:49 »
thanks for the headsup, hope they don’t go up while I’m asleep, though I expect they will!

just want those novelties!

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #160 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 15:46:23 »
Noticed that the "? /" is a little odd.

Indeed its odd. Tho i did not noticed it but the "' ` symbols which were way too bold for the rest of the symbols. Those keys should have been replaced and be inline style-wise with other symbols.

I checked out everything and the "' ` symbols were definitely fixed in my set.  :thumb: I'm very happy with my set, thanks T0mb3ry!
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline mode

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 09:53:13 »

Super happy with this.

Looks incredible IMO, Thankyou very much T0mb3ry for what is I think the best looking alps set ever.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 June 2020, 10:13:05 by mode »

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 11:02:43 »
Concur.

Offline mode

« Reply #163 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 12:12:58 »
The stems are perfect btw, went on without a struggle, I was able to pull caps without feeling like I was going to damage them. Everyone should definitely go for this kinda stem for future group buys.

Offline Mekanist

• Archetype
« Reply #164 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 14:15:08 »
Im so sad about missing this set. Easily one of the nicest color combinations out there :(

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #165 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 15:27:13 »
Show Image

Super happy with this.

Looks incredible IMO, Thankyou very much T0mb3ry for what is I think the best looking alps set ever.

Fantastic! First custom alps board with Yuri. I was thinking it will take some time until i see first alps builds with Yuri.

I am glad people are enjoying their sets and specifically the DCS ALPS sets. I wish personally the ALPS set to be with more bold Cherry font but it was already expensive...

Im so sad about missing this set. Easily one of the nicest color combinations out there :(
Hit the Request button on the following site and you will be notified then the extras go live. It should happen soon.

Offline mode

« Reply #166 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 01:38:09 »
Extras are up now, have nabbed full cyrillics and an alps set for a mate and novelties for myself :)

Offline Zephyraeon

« Reply #167 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 04:58:05 »
Extras are up now, have nabbed full cyrillics and an alps set for a mate and novelties for myself :)

Thanks for posting this! Didn't get an email from drop but have now picked up the alps set :)

Offline mode

« Reply #168 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 05:23:50 »
I too did not get an email from drop, really glad to have caught it, will be adding some novelties to my SA Dasher board. ☭ for escape for sure, maybe an CCCP ISO return, we'll see how it looks.

Held off a second set of alps, looks like more sets will be coming and I wanna support them.

Offline waldorf120

« Reply #169 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 14:49:25 »

The Alps Yuri has arrived and it is magnificent!  :D Thank you for making this happen T0mb3ry
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 June 2020, 14:51:12 by waldorf120 »

Offline dstaar

« Reply #170 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 23:54:58 »
Yet another Yuri setup. SA on 96-based TKL-like layout. Supper cool  :cool:

Offline waldorf120

« Reply #171 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 13:04:20 »

I already posted an image but here's another to show how versatile this set is.  First SP Alps set that can fit a TKL!  It looks glorious on my Ice Planet custom.  Now to figure out the qmk codes for assigning the means of production to the workers and overthrowing the bourgeois.

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #172 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 15:55:48 »
Now to figure out the qmk codes for assigning the means of production to the workers and overthrowing the bourgeois.

Best comment on this entire thread :D

Offline waldorf120

« Reply #173 on: Sun, 21 June 2020, 18:45:32 »
Now to figure out the qmk codes for assigning the means of production to the workers and overthrowing the bourgeois.

Best comment on this entire thread :D

:D  Спасибо товарищ

I created a for sale thread to sell (ironic I know) the three additional Alps DCS Yuri sets I purchased.  Check it out if interested. 

Offline GwenAlli

« Reply #174 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 15:47:19 »
I am in love! Thank you for all the hard work on this set!

Offline Anakey

« Reply #175 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 13:55:05 »
damn did not expect extras to go up so soon and now they have sold out of 40% kit. I would have gotten it for the single 1.25 u shift key so that i could have Iso in the correct profile considering UK kit was not made. guess i will be seeing if any one is letting go of one or if they turn up in grab bags.

Offline matrixzj

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 17 July 2020, 12:02:34 »
Really disappointed with SA Yuri support.

• Wrong '3' from numpad kit
  • Missing './>' from dual cosmos kit, and duplicated ',/<' was provided

But after 1 weeks no response, final reply from Drop is that they refused to provided replacement for wrong keys and explained that no more leftovers. A the same time, Drop was very hurry to sell all leftovers to make money.

Discord:Matrix#6203

HHKB Fanatics

SA/GMK Keycaps Info

Offline trashpanda

« Reply #177 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 15:38:27 »
The render were such a bright, beautiful blue with gorgeous red legends. In reality, the keys are dull-ish, and while the blue is tolerable, the legends are in reality kind of a gross, muddy orange. Considering sending them back... I really hate orange :-(

Offline wil

« Reply #178 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 16:38:16 »
The render were such a bright, beautiful blue with gorgeous red legends. In reality, the keys are dull-ish, and while the blue is tolerable, the legends are in reality kind of a gross, muddy orange. Considering sending them back... I really hate orange :-(

i agree that the keys are a bit more dull than expected in terms of the vibrancy of the legend, but red? you might want to get a new monitor.

Offline Morgan3Wheeler

« Reply #179 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 22:00:14 »
The QC of Signature Plastics and the AS of Drop are really the worst.

In my experience so far, the After Service of personal vendors was better than Drop.

I have prayed that there would be no error whenever I received SP keysets set from Drop.

I hope the future SP GB will be run at the personal vendor not Drop.
KMAC Happy red HHKB / KMAC Mini red / KMAC 2 86 / 45-ATS cerakote white / Matrix Noah avocado green / Matrix2.0 WKL yellow / Matrix2.0 WKL red / Matrix2.0 add WKL / Matrix Abel X RX-78 / Matrix Abel X Eva / Matrix1.2 OG WKL purple blue / Percent BOOSTER yellow /  Percent CANOE yellow / Percent Canoe2 casio / Percent SKOG mao / TGR 910 CE pink / TGR Jane CE WKL olive green/ TGR Jane V2 WKL blue gray/ TGR Jane V2 CE WKL / TGR Alice red / Keycult No. 2 Rev. 1 / EXENT65 black / GRAYCOD 67 mao / CA66 e-white / Think6.5 V2 LE / Think6.5 V2 robocop / Think6.5 V2 snow white / SPACE 65 R1 black / Typewriter68 e-white/ E6.5 pc / E7-V1 mao white/ E8.5 WKL e-white/ Voclano660 e-white / Moon by EVE WKL carbon / JER-Mini gray / JER80S NCR WKL geekhack / JER80S NCR WKL Korean / Dolumina65 black / Elephant S7 R2 e-white / Bear 65 ergo e-white, black, blue, pink, PC / Fox key65 e-white / Cyberboard purple / Saturn-60 moondust / Saturn-60 supernova / Infinitum / Rama M65a e-white / Rama Jules navy / Rama Zenith ouro / Rama U80-A Seq2 soya / Primus75 / 7V blue / / Cajal gray / Cajal e-white / SQUARE.X 6ea / Time 80 Reforged WKL e-white / J-01 rev1 Black / J-02 LE Poker e-white / OTD 356 Mini R1 red / LZ-CE red / LZ-CE gray / LZ-CLSms silver/ LZ-PhysiX gray / LZ-SQ SE titan gray / LZ-EX titan gray /  LZ-ST silver / LZ-FE WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL silver/ LZ-CLS WKL black / LZ-MP gray / LZ-MX SE titan gray / LZ-CP black-blue / LZ-CP red-red SE / LZ-RV gray / Light Pad silver / Light Pad gray / Octagon V2 gray / Orion V2 WKL silver-red / Orion V2.5 WKL gray / Dol Pad dolch / Dolinger 2017 dolch / Dolinger RE yellow/ Dolinger RE PC / Whale-Fe / Dolphin V3 dolch / Montage PC WKL / F1-8X WKL gray / F1-8X WKL navy / F1-8X WKL burgandy / AL.BOK WKL silver

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #180 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 15:03:54 »
Hmmm.... I just went to build a board and found out that the space bar on Alps DCS makes contact with the alps switch housing.  Better figure this out before more DSC Alps sets run.  Also... I guess I will be selling my alps set :(

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #181 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 15:28:21 »
I think i've figured out the issue.  All they need to do is add the supports around the stem to keep it from going in too deep to the switch.  Those supports are there on the other stabilized keys.  If you press the cap all the way into the switch, it doesn't work.  But if you carefully put it on and don't press down all the way it works much better.

Offline mode

« Reply #182 on: Sat, 01 August 2020, 00:44:33 »
I think i've figured out the issue.  All they need to do is add the supports around the stem to keep it from going in too deep to the switch.  Those supports are there on the other stabilized keys.  If you press the cap all the way into the switch, it doesn't work.  But if you carefully put it on and don't press down all the way it works much better.

What stabs are you using? I had trouble with filco style costar, swapped to non-filco and it was absolutely fine no matter how far down the spacebar was pushed.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #183 on: Sat, 01 August 2020, 01:22:31 »
Using cherry pcb mount stabilizers. 

Offline Havattack

« Reply #184 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 14:39:11 »
1st Mech Keyboard.
1st Post
I thought you guys might get a kick out of this, and didn't know where to post this. It's a "Redragon K596 Vishnu" That i customized quite a bit. Puttied in the membrane switch holes on the top of the case (5 macros, and some media buttons) that still leaves me the 5 macro mech switches and the volume knob. Put some "sorbathane" on the bottom of the case, and some foam between the pcb and plate. Painted the case, including the cool pin striping (makes it faster). And got a custom, matching, desk mat, from "inked gaming" ( i still have the pic i mocked up for them to use for the mat, if anyone wants it) it's a illustrated, pin-up, cosmonaut girl.. I was very impressed with the job they did on the mat, and will be getting more from them for future keyboard builds.
Problems: The kahli navy blue switches would not fit into the pcb. The two metal pins seemed to be both too thick, and slightly too long on one pin. But, i fuc.. (i didn't read the rules, are we allowed to say fun words, or are the admins superstitious?) ..ing loved those switches, and managed to get them to work by filing them down... Took a LONG time..
Also, i ordered the Alps key-caps for the alpha-numeric keys,.... NOT knowing they were a different stem... Then proceed to order alp SWITCHES after the keys arrived, and i then found out, alp switches don't fit in MX plate/pcbs... So i had the bright (it wasn't very bright) idea to just break off the alp stems and glue on some MX ones that i broke off from the keys that came with the keyboard.. It was a nightmare trying to get all those keys positioned correctly.
Next up, a skeletor or Synthwave build.
Ans the SA profile is SO much better then cherry.. Thicker, more old school fibe to me, i love it.
252797-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 September 2020, 14:42:26 by Havattack »

« Reply #185 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 17:01:41 »
Show Image

Super happy with this.

Fantastic! First custom alps board with Yuri. I was thinking it will take some time until i see first alps builds with Yuri.

I am glad people are enjoying their sets and specifically the DCS ALPS sets. I wish personally the ALPS set to be with more bold Cherry font but it was already expensive...

Hit the Request button on the following site and you will be notified then the extras go live. It should happen soon.

Any chance of base Alps DCS Yuri re-running? It's odd that Drop won't let me hit "request", maybe because some of the smaller sets are still available?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 17:12:54 »
1st Mech Keyboard.
1st Post
I thought you guys might get a kick out of this, and didn't know where to post this. It's a "Redragon K596 Vishnu" That i customized quite a bit. Puttied in the membrane switch holes on the top of the case (5 macros, and some media buttons) that still leaves me the 5 macro mech switches and the volume knob. Put some "sorbathane" on the bottom of the case, and some foam between the pcb and plate. Painted the case, including the cool pin striping (makes it faster). And got a custom, matching, desk mat, from "inked gaming" ( i still have the pic i mocked up for them to use for the mat, if anyone wants it) it's a illustrated, pin-up, cosmonaut girl.. I was very impressed with the job they did on the mat, and will be getting more from them for future keyboard builds.
Problems: The kahli navy blue switches would not fit into the pcb. The two metal pins seemed to be both too thick, and slightly too long on one pin. But, i fuc.. (i didn't read the rules, are we allowed to say fun words, or are the admins superstitious?) ..ing loved those switches, and managed to get them to work by filing them down... Took a LONG time..
Also, i ordered the Alps key-caps for the alpha-numeric keys,.... NOT knowing they were a different stem... Then proceed to order alp SWITCHES after the keys arrived, and i then found out, alp switches don't fit in MX plate/pcbs... So i had the bright (it wasn't very bright) idea to just break off the alp stems and glue on some MX ones that i broke off from the keys that came with the keyboard.. It was a nightmare trying to get all those keys positioned correctly.
Ans the SA profile is SO much better then cherry.. Thicker, more old school fibe to me, i love it.
(Attachment Link)

Please say sike

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #187 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 17:22:26 »
1st Mech Keyboard.
1st Post
(Attachment Link)

Please say sike

I think dude is dead serious...... :eek:

Offline waldorf120

« Reply #188 on: Wed, 20 January 2021, 18:32:55 »
Any chance of base Alps DCS Yuri re-running? It's odd that Drop won't let me hit "request", maybe because some of the smaller sets are still available?

I still have three Alps Yuri sets available which I purchased to help the group buy go through.  You can see pictures of them on my for sale thread.

Offline giacombum

« Reply #189 on: Tue, 27 September 2022, 12:45:07 »
Any chance to get a SA Yuri set for Cherry? Does anyone is selling his kit?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #190 on: Tue, 27 September 2022, 12:47:02 »
Any chance to get a SA Yuri set for Cherry? Does anyone is selling his kit?
i guess you mean cherry profile
https://oblotzky.industries/products/gmk-yuri-r2
here you are

Offline 4milk

« Reply #191 on: Thu, 29 September 2022, 19:45:59 »
I would like to purchase MX DCS skydata at some point please

Offline twitchytheinsideman

• UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU UWU
    • Twitchy Homepage
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 11 January 2023, 15:56:40 »
1st Mech Keyboard.
1st Post
(Attachment Link)

cursed. but i like it  :thumb: