geekhack Projects > DIY Discussions ARCHIVE

"Quiet Touch" -> buckling springs

<< < (2/7) > >>

bigpook:
It blows my mind how all that works. There are so many things going on that I am not even aware of.
The fact that the character appears on the screen in the first place is magic to me, now you are talking about switch timing and "debounce algorithms". Thats something else.

lowpoly:

--- Quote ---Looks like this project is dead. Unicomp won't sell the neoprene sheet that sits between the buckling spring assemblies and the membrane sheets.
--- End quote ---

Maybe cut it yourself from a piece of sheet rubber or neoprene?

wellington1869:

--- Quote from: bigpook;13231 ---It blows my mind how all that works. There are so many things going on that I am not even aware of.
The fact that the character appears on the screen in the first place is magic to me, now you are talking about switch timing and "debounce algorithms". Thats something else.
--- End quote ---

Its sorcery, I tell ya.  In another age comp sci folk would have been burned at the stake for all this magic.

lam47:
Well that's a shame. I was looking forward to seeing this.
Out of interest do the Unicomp springs feel/sound much different to the original IBM ones?

bigpook:

--- Quote from: wellington1869;13235 ---Its sorcery, I tell ya.  In another age comp sci folk would have been burned at the stake for all this magic.
--- End quote ---

Sadly, that is so true.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version