geekhack Community > Off Topic

Favorite Fruit?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: tp4tissue on Tue, 12 March 2024, 21:11:02 ---Watermelon = Watermelon

Because, Watermelon

Contains the most amount of Watermelon.

--- End quote ---

Watermelon is probably my favourite. Oranges are also a top contender as well.

chyros:
Absolutely love pineapple, and pineapple juice is my favourite juice as well. But pineapple is such a hassle to prepare, and even if you buy fresh pineapple, it's so acidic that it really makes my teeth hurt after just a few small bits.

Therefore my go-to is banana. Only problem with that is that you need to buy it a week in advance and it's only good for one, possibly two days. And you have to buy them in bunches >.> .

If fruit weren't so painful on the teeth or so much hassle, I'd probably eat a lot more of it.

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: chyros on Thu, 14 March 2024, 03:49:25 ---
fresh pineapple, it's so acidic that it really makes my teeth hurt after just a few small bits.

--- End quote ---

I never used to have that problem, but last year I bought a pineapple that was perfectly ripe and delicious, and it felt like it had turned my mouth inside-out.

For the next few days I took a couple of tentative bites, but simply couldn't do it. Haven't touched pineapple since.

chyros:

--- Quote from: fohat.digs on Thu, 14 March 2024, 08:48:11 ---
--- Quote from: chyros on Thu, 14 March 2024, 03:49:25 ---
fresh pineapple, it's so acidic that it really makes my teeth hurt after just a few small bits.

--- End quote ---

I never used to have that problem, but last year I bought a pineapple that was perfectly ripe and delicious, and it felt like it had turned my mouth inside-out.

For the next few days I took a couple of tentative bites, but simply couldn't do it. Haven't touched pineapple since.

--- End quote ---
There's two components to this, the acidity, and bromelain.

My teeth are very sensitive because I gnash my teeth during my sleep. I use a bit nowadays to prevent it from getting worse, but it's left my teeth vulnerable to acidic things. Too much sourness, and my teeth hurt for days. Pineapple is acidic, but then again most fruit is, so this is not unique to pineapple.

What IS somewhat unique to pineapple as a fruit is an enzyme called bromelain, which breaks down tissue. This is why, if you eat a lot of pineapple, it feels like your tongue and/or the roof of your mouth has been eaten away - because it has. I guess this is what you're referring to?

ArchDill:
Nectarine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version