Author Topic: [IC] GMK Max Neon - based on all things green and grey  (Read 25547 times)

Offline Nuap

Re: [IC] GMK Max Neon - based on all things green and grey
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 16:59:23 »
Also:

Yikes edwyn, it might be time to realise that the neon colourway opportunity has been closed forever due to your actions.

Log off Geekhack, take a few weeks away from designing, and come back with something that looks different enough that people don't immediately bring up your past dramas.

Offline Laur

• Formerly dudeship
  • gmk retro runic
    • wip
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 17:01:28 »
Haha, Good April Fo-........ checks calendar...... oh god, he's being serious.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 April 2021, 17:27:16 by dudeship »

Offline Tree_

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 17:55:36 »
My primary objective now is to come up with a set to cater to people that have reached out to me through reddit and my discord in the past 24 hours telling me they still hope to get my set. For this to happen I have decided to abandon 95neon as it has too much legal baggage attached for it to succeed and I must go back to the drawing board.

My new set will have less association with air max 95 and not infringe on any of Nike's IP

I understand that for many people this might not be the set that they will want and from this whole debacle I have definitely learnt you can't change people's opinion. So instead of worrying about people who don't want my set, I'm going to instead put my focus on serving the people that want it as there is no way to please everyone (also learnt this the hard way this time).

I hope my new set will meet my design's supporters and the respective standard of each vendor I originally worked with so that we can get to a new GB.

So after claiming that you would come up with a new set that had less association with the AM95, a week later you've presented us with what is essentially the same set minus the gradient and some new novelties that don't make sense combined with old novelties (AIR, the air bubble) that could still be seen as infringing Nike's IP?

When you said new set I assumed you meant ... new new. Not have another crack at getting your cancelled set through a week later new.

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 18:20:48 »
Me trying to pick a side when I hate IP law, the new yellow scare, and dengism.

Offline Pach

« Reply #54 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 18:32:39 »
I've read through the drama, and I have suggestions for you. This is just some constructive criticism from my mind that I took some free time to write, so you can take my thoughts with a grain of salt if you so choose. I don't know what all happened with you claiming to want to infringe copyrights, but I'll assume for now that you didn't say that or meant something else.

There is very little chance that any vendor will want to host this set based on what happened with the first iteration. Talk to an IP lawyer, and have them verify that everything's okay. That should be the first step, and having that confirmation that nothing will infringe on copyrights (the colorway combined with the words, etc.) will possibly open up some vendors to be okay with running this. This is also for the sake of the vendors you are working with and GMK. Even if you get a vendor before doing this, you don't want to end up massively hurting them if Nike brings in their legal team.

If there is an IP problem seen by the lawyer, it will most likely stem from the novelties being loosely connected to Nike IP, especially combined with the "Technology and ninjas" theme that supposedly inspired you. The best course in this case would be to just remove the novelties. I'm sure most people are still interested in the colorway even if the novelties are there. Your novelties right now seem very haphazardly thought out because you were probably trying to cover up the obvious inherent origin of the set. Is this set about Future tech, neon green ninjas and warriors? I think your attempt to lessen any IP worries in your set messed up the basic theme, and it seems all over the place. Trying to cover up the original theme of the set while still possibly having IP concerns ("MAX","NEON", Nike font (although I don't think that matters)) won't save you if Nike decides it's time to kill. And I'll say it again, the ideas seem all over the place.

If I was in your shoes and I still wanted to run the set, I would either:

- Remove all words that could trigger Nike's legal team, such as "MAX" and "NEON" and etc.  and stick with the "futuristic ninja warrior" theme. Don't forget to change the name of the set, remove "Max"

- Remove all novelties and just make it a super clean, colorway-implied-theme set. Maybe also remove the word "Max" in the title. GMK Neon Dolch, idk.

I may be wrong, but I think the whole futuristic/ninja/warrior theme was hastily thought of to cover up IP, but if you're sure people like 'em, then why not, keep 'em and maybe make new ones to replace the risky novelties. Removing novelties also condenses the project to only 2 kits combined with 2 custom colors with no custom molds which translates to cheaper prices.

Doing all this should ease all worries about IP and open up your choices for vendors too. You'll still have to deal with the bitter drama that this set caused, but you'll at least be way better off than you were before. For what I know, you tried to make the set political in the heat of the moment, but you apologized after. Although that was a pretty bad mistake to make, you're only human and I'm sure that people can accept your apology.

Good luck :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 April 2021, 18:34:27 by Pach »

Offline NoteMakoti

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 19:39:17 »
Here's a name idea: GMK Dead Master. I'm pretty sure the Black ★ Rock Shooter guy doesn't have lawyers.  :rolleyes:

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 19:41:09 »
For what I know, you tried to make the set political in the heat of the moment, but you apologized after. Although that was a pretty bad mistake to make, you're only human and I'm sure that people can accept your apology.

I'm not sure he's ever actually apologized for what he's said in that regard, at least not without being specific about just how ethically horrid his "political" speech was.  Nobody involved really cares that much about Nike here.  But he was advocating to harm Nike specifically for their decision to protest China's human rights violations and forced labor in Xinjiang.

No amount of lawyers can put that genie back in the bottle.  The designer here needs to publicly and unequivocally state that what China is doing in Xinjiang is wrong, and he needs to recognize that the anti-Nike sentiment currently being stirred up in China is a tool specifically meant to manipulate its own citizens into ignoring the gross inhumanity of the CCP with regard to Xinjiang. 

He needs to name the crimes that he supported in order to apologize for them.  He needs to name the forced labor and internment of the Uighurs as evil, and he needs to apologize for being a tool in the CCP's propaganda with regard to that human rights atrocity.

Offline Nuap

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 19:51:58 »
I don't know what all happened with you claiming to want to infringe copyrights, but I'll assume for now that you didn't say that or meant something else.

We're past that point

Offline NoteMakoti

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 19:52:52 »
Kinda besides the point, but I'm pretty sure the Uighur slave cotton story was made up. The only source for it is Adrian Zenz, a guy who's notorious for making up stories about China.

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 19:55:43 »
/uj

The best thing you can do right now is lay low, get away for a few weeks (if not months), when the collective forgets about this controversy, then come back, but not this set. People are gonna remember this set for its controversy for a long time, and while Geekhack's memory is often short, I doubt they'll forget about this one.

Worst thing you could have done was come back a week later with the same set when the controversy is so new and basically release the same IC while not realizing what really got people pissed off at the same time.

As you can see, people are still pretty pissed (rightfully) about what you did, so unfortunately you sort of made this worse for yourself in the long run.

Others have already said that no self-respecting vendor would pick this up right now, and especially not GMK as a manufacturer. Maybe last year they would have before their legal stance change, but definitely not now. This also means vendors won't pick it up because you and they shoulder all legal costs if there is a lawsuit. Also think about other collabs you may want - none of the big ones like Rama would want to touch this set.

Nike is definitely not a company to **** with.

Sorry to say mate, but this is a dumpster fire that's gonna take quite a lot of time for the collective to forget. Get off the computer for a few weeks and come back later.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 April 2021, 19:58:56 by loop | esc lab »

Offline FireStarzz

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 20:57:52 »
『The tentpole novelty has been changed to “武”. This word is originally Chinese and is used in other asian languages as well and it means “warrior”. I have
chosen this character to honor all my supporters and anybody else that is fighting for this set to be made.』

WTF is this bull****? Genji in Overwatch literally has 武神 on his armor, you talk so much about not trying to infringe again and yet u chose the word 武 as to
honor your supporters?? Theres literally so many words u can choose and u choose the only Chinese word that can possibly infringe Overwatch Genji with this color scheme.

lmao at honor at ur supporters and fighting for this set to be made X D

u now have chosen to **** with Nike and Blizzard at the same time. lol.

Offline Nuap

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 21:16:27 »
『The tentpole novelty has been changed to “武”. This word is originally Chinese and is used in other asian languages as well and it means “warrior”. I have
chosen this character to honor all my supporters and anybody else that is fighting for this set to be made.』

WTF is this bull****? Genji in Overwatch literally has 武神 on his armor, you talk so much about not trying to infringe again and yet u chose the word 武 as to
honor your supporters?? Theres literally so many words u can choose and u choose the only Chinese word that can possibly infringe Overwatch Genji with this color scheme.

I think the ninja warrior aspect might be something to do with Genji, good pickup.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 21:31:36 »
Also (And full disclaimer I'm not one for "keycap colour ownership") with the removal of the gradient and use of N9 for black and a green that's close to GMK's AE standard green: Isn't this now just Terminal with lighter alphas?

Offline Jefff

• jlabs.co
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 22:54:16 »
wow i love genji so much i cant wait for this set

Genji mains unite

Offline elongatedmusk

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 01:17:19 »
IIRC, GMK no longer accepts IP-based/related/themed colorway anymore.

Pretty sure that goes with video games or anime, which in this case Blizzard's Genji, or even a bigger company's asset like Nike.

Please, just take your time, and come back with a fresh idea, and don't do anything stupid ever again.

You almost nailed the project but your actions sadly ruined everything.

GL :thumb:

Offline edwyn

• I create stuff for CONCEPT & IDEA
    • CONCEPT & IDEA
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 01:24:41 »
Thanks for the concerns on IP and vendors. I'm in a good place with my past vendors who have been very supportive and understanding. I don't think there is any issues with my past vendors carrying this set as long as I have no intent on infringing on anybody's IP (which I don't) then the current designs have no issues.

I've read through the drama, and I have suggestions for you. This is just some constructive criticism from my mind that I took some free time to write, so you can take my thoughts with a grain of salt if you so choose. I don't know what all happened with you claiming to want to infringe copyrights, but I'll assume for now that you didn't say that or meant something else.

There is very little chance that any vendor will want to host this set based on what happened with the first iteration. Talk to an IP lawyer, and have them verify that everything's okay. That should be the first step, and having that confirmation that nothing will infringe on copyrights (the colorway combined with the words, etc.) will possibly open up some vendors to be okay with running this. This is also for the sake of the vendors you are working with and GMK. Even if you get a vendor before doing this, you don't want to end up massively hurting them if Nike brings in their legal team.

If there is an IP problem seen by the lawyer, it will most likely stem from the novelties being loosely connected to Nike IP, especially combined with the "Technology and ninjas" theme that supposedly inspired you. The best course in this case would be to just remove the novelties. I'm sure most people are still interested in the colorway even if the novelties are there. Your novelties right now seem very haphazardly thought out because you were probably trying to cover up the obvious inherent origin of the set. Is this set about Future tech, neon green ninjas and warriors? I think your attempt to lessen any IP worries in your set messed up the basic theme, and it seems all over the place. Trying to cover up the original theme of the set while still possibly having IP concerns ("MAX","NEON", Nike font (although I don't think that matters)) won't save you if Nike decides it's time to kill. And I'll say it again, the ideas seem all over the place.

If I was in your shoes and I still wanted to run the set, I would either:

- Remove all words that could trigger Nike's legal team, such as "MAX" and "NEON" and etc.  and stick with the "futuristic ninja warrior" theme. Don't forget to change the name of the set, remove "Max"

- Remove all novelties and just make it a super clean, colorway-implied-theme set. Maybe also remove the word "Max" in the title. GMK Neon Dolch, idk.

I may be wrong, but I think the whole futuristic/ninja/warrior theme was hastily thought of to cover up IP, but if you're sure people like 'em, then why not, keep 'em and maybe make new ones to replace the risky novelties. Removing novelties also condenses the project to only 2 kits combined with 2 custom colors with no custom molds which translates to cheaper prices.

Doing all this should ease all worries about IP and open up your choices for vendors too. You'll still have to deal with the bitter drama that this set caused, but you'll at least be way better off than you were before. For what I know, you tried to make the set political in the heat of the moment, but you apologized after. Although that was a pretty bad mistake to make, you're only human and I'm sure that people can accept your apology.

This is kind of like when a guy gets dumped and he is like "no baby I can change I promise" its desperate and sad.
^ l o l
I hope this is worth the time for vendors. What are the chances that GMK runs this - based on their stricter policies it seems unlikely.

So... let me see if I got it right!

You had copyright problems because the set was clearly taken from Nike's IP so now you make the exact same set with slightly changed tones, say you were inspired by "green and grey"??? and we gucci because you are now inspired by colors instead of Nike's IP despite it being the exact same set?

Best of luck to find proper vendors for all regions.

/uj

The best thing you can do right now is lay low, get away for a few weeks (if not months), when the collective forgets about this controversy, then come back, but not this set. People are gonna remember this set for its controversy for a long time, and while Geekhack's memory is often short, I doubt they'll forget about this one.

Worst thing you could have done was come back a week later with the same set when the controversy is so new and basically release the same IC while not realizing what really got people pissed off at the same time.

As you can see, people are still pretty pissed (rightfully) about what you did, so unfortunately you sort of made this worse for yourself in the long run.

Others have already said that no self-respecting vendor would pick this up right now, and especially not GMK as a manufacturer. Maybe last year they would have before their legal stance change, but definitely not now. This also means vendors won't pick it up because you and they shoulder all legal costs if there is a lawsuit. Also think about other collabs you may want - none of the big ones like Rama would want to touch this set.

Nike is definitely not a company to **** with.

Sorry to say mate, but this is a dumpster fire that's gonna take quite a lot of time for the collective to forget. Get off the computer for a few weeks and come back later.

Can someone fill me in on the IP issues/drama in this set? I'm not familiar with how strict Nike is, but it doesn't look like anything's blatant. Is it not okay to connect the words "Max" and "Neon" to this colorway or something? Or is it a problem with the novelties?

https://www.nike.com/launch/t/air-max-95-og-neon-yellow pretty sure it's this but i don't care enough to look deeper

Offline kight

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 01:56:12 »

I think the ninja warrior aspect might be something to do with Genji, good pickup.

No doubt it's a Genji reference - while I trust that the novelty art wasn't outright copied, the font style is the same. It comes off as somewhat insincere how it was explained away when it's clearly a reference.

OP I think you would be better off dropping the novelties at this point. Too much risk and it's not worth the potential headaches. Seriously

Offline CoinStorm

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 09:23:01 »
even if you ignore the train wreck this GB has been so far, the colours are off in the renders, the renders are very inconsistent and to my knowledge the novelties will still be a problem.

Offline ThereminGoat

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 09:30:55 »
Thanks for the concerns on IP and vendors. I'm in a good place with my past vendors who have been very supportive and understanding. I don't think there is any issues with my past vendors carrying this set as long as I have no intent on infringing on anybody's IP (which I don't) then the current designs have no issues.

I mean, did you not basically say this the first time?

I think everyone is being entirely too nice in giving you constructive criticism over a very low effort attempt at just reposting the same thing you got burnt on because of your actions not even a week ago. This isn't an apology that your mother forces you to give a sibling after you hit them, you actually have consequences for you screwing up your set by your blatantly stupid actions. In my opinion, the sheer fact alone that you're trying to shove this through so quickly shows how utterly little you actually do care about your actions as well as the community you're trying to gain some sort of status in by shoving through a design.

Log off for a bit, mate.

Offline TheMetalDog

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 09:34:20 »
I mean, he's already stated he should have done a Genji novelty. Looks like he did.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/mg17qv/gb_gmk_95neon_gb_date_set_for_monday_april_5th/gss55qb/?context=3

edwyn
17 days ago
lol! now that I think about it I should have created a 2nd novelty set for Genji and I could cater to both crowds

Offline MIGHTY CHICKEN

• buck buck, cluck cluck, squawk squawk
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 11:25:01 »
Agree with everyone about just dropping the idea, it has been burned forever beyond repair, best to leave it behind and look for new ideas, lingering will only hurt you even more.

Although if you do intend on going forward, this dumpster fire has been a fun read.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 14:36:19 »
Kinda besides the point, but I'm pretty sure the Uighur slave cotton story was made up. The only source for it is Adrian Zenz, a guy who's notorious for making up stories about China.

Show Image

Dude, no. This has been going on for a long time, and it's been reported on widely.  The atrocities are real.  This isn't just some fly-by-night accusation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uyghur_genocide#References
https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/chinas-repression-uyghurs-xinjiang
https://www.economist.com/leaders/2020/10/17/the-persecution-of-the-uyghurs-is-a-crime-against-humanity

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 15:09:20 »

Show Image

Dude, no. This has been going on for a long time, and it's been reported on widely.  The atrocities are real.  This isn't just some fly-by-night accusation.

https://www.economist.com/leaders/2020/10/17/the-persecution-of-the-uyghurs-is-a-crime-against-humanity

So you are saying the made up story has been out there for a long time. I'm hearing a lot of accusation but not a single hard evidence.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 15:31:36 »

Show Image

So you are saying the made up story has been out there for a long time. I'm hearing a lot of accusation but not a single hard evidence.

Did you really read through all 447 articles cited in the first link and come to that conclusion?
What would qualify as "hard evidence" for you anyway?

There are photographs, interviews, affidavits, videos... is it only "hard" evidence when it supports the narrative you want it to?

I know this isn't the right forum for politics, but the Uighur genocide, and the campaign of denial by the CCP, is directly tied to the fate of this GMK set.  This designer's original "intent to infringe IP" was specifically echoing actions by the CCP to deny their human rights violations in Xinjiang.

Are you really so willfully blind to this?  I know a lot of people are ill-informed, but can you look at the mountain of journalism that's covered this over the past year or so and honestly say, "no hard evidence?"

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 16:14:41 »

Show Image

Did you really read through all 447 articles cited in the first link and come to that conclusion?
What would qualify as "hard evidence" for you anyway?

There are photographs, interviews, affidavits, videos... is it only "hard" evidence when it supports the narrative you want it to?

I know this isn't the right forum for politics, but the Uighur genocide, and the campaign of denial by the CCP, is directly tied to the fate of this GMK set.  This designer's original "intent to infringe IP" was specifically echoing actions by the CCP to deny their human rights violations in Xinjiang.

Are you really so willfully blind to this?  I know a lot of people are ill-informed, but can you look at the mountain of journalism that's covered this over the past year or so and honestly say, "no hard evidence?"

Have you ever been to BLM or StopAsianHate protest? Since you seem to really care about human rights.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #75 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 16:38:34 »
Have you ever been to BLM or StopAsianHate protest? Since you seem to really care about human rights.

You seem to be assuming that I don't care about human rights of other persons.  That is grossly incorrect, and I find your insinuation disgusting.  I unequivocally support both the BLM and StopAsianHate movements.

However, that's beside the point.  The truth of the matter is that Chinese government officials, not Chinese people in general, are perpetuating slow-motion genocide on its Uighur population (which, incidentally, is also Asian).  The CCP's atrocities are well-documented.  They are egregious.  They need to stop.

This all needs to be stated, and it needs to be stated by the designer if this set is to ever have a chance of a clean slate.  We may not have all the tools we'd like to correct the inhumanity, but the least someone of good conscience can do is to state clearly that it is happening and it is WRONG.

Even if it was just a joke, it needs to be apologized for clearly.  Genocide denialism is evil.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 April 2021, 16:43:42 by NoPunIn10Did »

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 16:53:49 »

You seem to be assuming that I don't care about human rights of other persons.  That is grossly incorrect, and I find your insinuation disgusting.  I unequivocally support both the BLM and StopAsianHate movements.

However, that's beside the point.  The truth of the matter is that Chinese government officials, not Chinese people in general, are perpetuating slow-motion genocide on its Uighur population (which, incidentally, is also Asian).  The CCP's atrocities are well-documented.  They are egregious.  They need to stop.

This all needs to be stated, and it needs to be stated by the designer if this set is to ever have a chance of a clean slate.  We may not have all the tools we'd like to correct the inhumanity, but the least someone of good conscience can do is to state clearly that it is happening and it is WRONG.

Even if it was just a joke, it needs to be apologized for clearly.  Genocide denialism is evil.

So you never been to BLM or StopAsianHate protest. But you care deeply about human rights when CCP does it (allegedly). You must support America's war against Iraq on the false wmd claim too? Bombing Muslims in middle east is fine, but CCP lifting Uighur out of poverty is evil. Nice.

Mod Edit: User has been warned for this and accompanying posts. Genocide denial, hate speech, and spreading misinformation are not taken lightly. This is your final warning on the matter.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 April 2021, 12:14:09 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline TheMetalDog

« Reply #77 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 17:03:48 »
*Deleted. I'm staying out of this one*
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 April 2021, 17:13:38 by TheMetalDog »

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 17:05:50 »
But you care deeply about human rights when CCP does it (allegedly). You must support America's war against Iraq on the false wmd claim too? Bombing Muslims in middle east is fine, but CCP lifting Uighur out of poverty is evil. Nice.

We're not discussing those topics.  The only one relevant to this keycap set is the atrocity being enacted by the Chinese government against the Uighurs.  Describing it as "lifting Uighur out of poverty" is just downright awful.  There's no "allegedly" about the genocide.

It's happening.  It's documented.  This GMK set designer need only acknowledge that, and then he can begin to actually apologize for what made this set such a problem.

As for you, if you continue down this path of whataboutism and personal attacks, you're supporting that evil.  Denying the well-documented and ongoing atrocity and continuing to repeat the CCP party line is hate speech.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #79 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 17:10:10 »
But you care deeply about human rights when CCP does it (allegedly). You must support America's war against Iraq on the false wmd claim too? Bombing Muslims in middle east is fine, but CCP lifting Uighur out of poverty is evil. Nice.

We're not discussing those topics.  The only one relevant to this keycap set is the atrocity being enacted by the Chinese government against the Uighurs.  Describing it as "lifting Uighur out of poverty" is just downright awful.  There's no "allegedly" about the genocide.

It's happening.  It's documented.  This GMK set designer need only acknowledge that, and then he can begin to actually apologize for what made this set such a problem.

As for you, if you continue down this path of whataboutism and personal attacks, you're supporting that evil.  Denying the well-documented and ongoing atrocity and continuing to repeat the CCP party line is hate speech.

> The only one relevant to this keycap set is the atrocity being enacted by the Chinese against the Uighurs.

Why? Because you decided that's the only thing relevant? OP never even mention anything with "China" or "Uighurs". Yet you feel so obligated to bring politics into this forum.

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 17:15:01 »
NoPun, don't waste your time on the troll. I applaud you for your patience though.

Offline NoteMakoti

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 17:19:43 »

Show Image

Those links are quoting Adrian Zenz too. Feels like an Iraq 'weapons of mass destruction' type deal.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 17:24:33 »

For the benefit of others, this is the context.  The designer engaged in specifically discussing that he wanted to "retaliate" against Nike.  The fact that it's Nike matters less than the fact that currently, the CCP is encouraging people to do just that: retaliate against Nike. 

And the reason for this? Nike, like several other companies, cut ties with resources sourced from the Xinjiang region because of both the internment and forced labor.  I don't give a hoot about Nike, but "retaliating" under this context is what brought the politics into it.

And his responses show a willingness to avoid the fundamental issue at play.  He hasn't actually apologized for the core moral issue here.

Offline NoPunIn10Did

• NoPunIn10Key
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 17:32:08 »
NoPun, don't waste your time on the troll. I applaud you for your patience though.

I'd like to see him banned for hate speech.  Denying genocide is just... awful, and it transcends "politics."  I'm pretty sure GH has a policy against such comments.  This isn't just trolling any more.

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 20:28:27 »
Yep, this is already a dumpster fire.

Final comment on the thread: Stay away from Nike, Zara, Apple and most major brands, for even though they condemn what IS happening in Xinjiang now, when they were profiting from it, nobody spoke a word, even though they knew the crimes of the CCP way before it went public.

Offline iinko_mk

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 20:54:50 »
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=110839.0][img width=300 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/GKL0Jxi.png[/img][/url]

Offline AuroraCamo

« Last Edit: Fri, 16 April 2021, 20:59:09 by AuroraCamo »

Offline Allsurrender

« Reply #87 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 02:14:52 »

Show Image

GH is not best place to discuss politics, but like either it’s real or not, OP definitely believed the “western” Nike was “bullying” China, so he have to infringe Nike to revenge it.

Offline VoodooBear

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 07:46:44 »
I call this one: bold and brash.