Author Topic: Keycult - No. 1/60 Rev. 1 and No. 1/65 Rev. 1  (Read 137104 times)

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
Re: Keycult - No. 1/60 Rev. 1 and No. 1/65 Rev. 1
« Reply #450 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 11:16:15 »
I love the innovation you guys are pushing with the new No1 designs.

One thing that would I think really help future keyboard hobbyists would be maintaining some kind of "revision log" of what changed between versions of each of your boards. E.g. things like:

No. 1 60/65 - switched to full isolation gasket, original No. 1 TKL only had gasket material under the plate and not above
No. 1 Rev 1 - reduced typing angle from 9 to 8 degrees
No. 1 Rev 1 60/65 - added flex cuts around plate edges

It can be very very very hard to find information like this about older custom keyboards. Going forward, it would be great in general to have to rely less on collective community memory and/or posts buried on page 6 of a Geekhack thread, and more on authoritative sources of information. Keycult is in a position to establish this kind of thing as normal precedent.

Obviously if you don't want to publicize this kind of information that's your prerogative - but it seems fitting with your so-far transparent and community-oriented approach, and it won't go unappreciated.

Edit: keeping records of "what colors/options were available and for what price" would also be helpful.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #451 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 11:22:12 »
One thing that would I think really help future keyboard hobbyists would be maintaining some kind of "revision log" of what changed between versions of each of your boards. E.g. things like:

That's a great suggestion and one that I've been thinking about doing. As for all colors of boards and what was available, we do have the information available through our releases page which lists all our past releases: https://keycult.io/collections

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #452 on: Thu, 05 December 2019, 10:15:10 »

That's a great suggestion and one that I've been thinking about doing. As for all colors of boards and what was available, we do have the information available through our releases page which lists all our past releases: https://keycult.io/collections

Thanks! Keep up the great work :thumb: and here's to my inevitable raffle loss today :p
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #453 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 15:42:53 »
Saw byker's recently, these are super clean :cool:

Well it was TKL but I'd assume the others are the similar.

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Online LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #454 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 15:47:25 »
Saw byker's recently, these are super clean :cool:

Well it was TKL but I'd assume the others are the similar.

Yeah. The aesthetic is pretty similar, but other details have been changed in the Rev. 1 compared to the first TKL that came out
- Slight changes to dimensions -- thinner accent mid, slight curvature changes
- Uses custom PCB designed by Wilba, and a separate USB-C daugherboard connected to the main PCB through a cable that's routed through the case bottom.
- Centered USB C port
- Slightly lower typing angle of 8° (down from 9°)