Author Topic: Foxlab F80SE QMK/VIA  (Read 2565 times)

Offline The_Mighty_Spork

Foxlab F80SE QMK/VIA
« on: Fri, 12 May 2023, 13:59:24 »
Hello!
I'm still sort of new to the whole custom keyboard scene, having really only used off-the-shelf boards (i.e., Logitech, Corsair, etc) until I picked up a GMMK Pro last year.
That's neither here nor there, though.

I recently came into possession of a Foxlab (or Fox Lab, not sure how it's styled) F80SE, and after doing some digging on the wider internet, I've been informed that it's QMK/VIA compatible, but...
There's no default keymap/firmware in the QMK configurator online, so I'm not sure how to flash the firmware or even set up a custom keymap.
VIA doesn't even recognize the board. I've been told that it needs a .json file for definitions and keymaps to get it to work, but I can't find anything definitive online, let alone an actual .json file that *works* when I try to import it into VIA.

I admit, at this point I'm a little lost. I've crashed coursed myself on the general methodologies behind both tools, but I am by no means anything approaching an expert.

Help is appreciated, especially if anyone knows how to get the board recognized in the tools.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: Foxlab F80SE QMK/VIA
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 01:26:45 »
Nobody? 🤷‍♂️
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg