Author Topic: Hello from Brooklyn  (Read 921 times)

Offline g_hack_it

Hello from Brooklyn
« on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 15:32:05 »
Hello all,
I've somehow missed out on this hobby in my 30 years of typing, but I've recently fallen down the rabbit hole and there's no going back. I've spent last last decade+ on flat mac keyboards but got my first mech a few weeks ago, a keychron k2. For better or worse I accidentally got the non-hotswap version but I'm pretty happy with the Gateron browns. I did, however ditch the OEM profile keycaps pretty quickly for some cheap XDAs on amazon that have been surprisingly decent. To combat mis-taps, I grabbed some F10s to flatten out some keys and create a faux exploded arrow cluster. 

I was hoping try out some more profiles before getting into any expensive group buys, but I couldn't stop drooling over KAT cyberspace so I got in on a pre-order.

While I need to give my wallet a break for a bit, I'm now eyeing up what my ideal layout would be, since I'm not thrilled with the regular/condensed 75%. I miss the full-size shift and the separation of the arrow cluster. I'd love to see some kind of mashup between a 75% and a 68-key (basically just TKL minus one column). Does anything like that exist? If not I may try to find an ikki68 or saka68 on the aftermarket once they ship and pair it with a cool macropad to handle the function keys I'd miss (that S7.7 V2 looks pretty nice).

The possibilities are endless, and it's terrifying and wonderful at the same time. Looking forward to getting to know the community.