Author Topic: Get BunnyLake his crowdscource keyset raffle  (Read 62209 times)

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Busy making stuff
Re: Get BunnyLake his crowdscource keyset raffle
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 18:35:19 »
I know he doesn't do it for anything in return, however the communtiy can return the favour out of gratitude, which it failed to do.

If you do not want to be a part of this, then u can send him a keycap, and let me know and your name won't be included in the raffle, and this is not just for you but for everyone.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 18:57:29 »
And it saddens me that the community has failed to get this man his wish granted, after everything he has done for the community and its various members :(

what's great about bunny is that he does stuff because he wants to, not because he's looking for stuff in return. and i dont think it's fair for you to try to guilt trip people on his behalf (which seems like a totally unbunny thing to do.)

either way, i'd hook you up bunny but the only board i have is this POS siig and it uses alps so it'll be worthless to you.

it'll eventually end up in pieces tho >.>

im sure moz'z intentions werent to guilt, i was just leaving the thread and letting the project grow organically, i didnt know about this thread until it went up, and i didnt feel comfortable with someone else asking for things on my behalf, which is why i through some stuff in for people

this isnt perhaps how i would have gone about this, but that being said, im im very touched and greatful of the sentiment, and moz will have only had good intentions when doing this

i dont think he means that sentence the way it sounds, with the failure part etc, this community hasnt failed me in anyway, the response i got from my thread and now this is nothing short of amazing, i dont like to ask for things in return from people, and i dont do anything to get things back, but my original post is asking alot, because its not just a random key, postage is actual money from peoples pockets, and on around 90 keys that adds up

this was a project about me being sentimental about this community and i will see it through to completion, whether that takes me a month or a year, im grateful for mozs help and everyone who takes part, i think moz was trying to be motivating with that statement rather than negative or guilt trippy, and guilt is certainly not how i want this project to happen, i want to assemble this so i know which key is from which person and so it means something, and it only means something if its voluntary and because a person wants to, i think offering people things in return perhaps muddys that slightly, but i still think people will only take part because they want to, i thought hard about what to add to this raffle, which is why i decided to go with one big prize instead of a bunch of smaller stuff, so the chances are slim of people entering for an easy prize, and they are realy more just a thank you for being part of what i see as a community project

this may be something i am putting together, but this isnt really mine, this will be everybodies that takes part
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 November 2013, 18:59:47 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 19:01:18 »
I know he doesn't do it for anything in return, however the communtiy can return the favour out of gratitude, which it failed to do.

If you do not want to be a part of this, then u can send him a keycap, and let me know and your name won't be included in the raffle, and this is not just for you but for everyone.

failed in what way? i didn't follow the thread but did it have a deadline?

im sure moz'z intentions werent to guilt, i was just leaving the thread and letting the project grow organically, i didnt know about this thread until it went up, and i didnt feel comfortable with someone else asking for things on my behalf, which is why i through some stuff in for people

this is all i was getting at.  but the words he used aren't really needed if all he wanted was to bring attention to your other thread.

"failed?" really?

anyway, good luck getting your set :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 November 2013, 19:09:32 by demik »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 19:13:59 »
And it saddens me that the community has failed to get this man his wish granted, after everything he has done for the community and its various members :(

what's great about bunny is that he does stuff because he wants to, not because he's looking for stuff in return. and i dont think it's fair for you to try to guilt trip people on his behalf (which seems like a totally unbunny thing to do.)

either way, i'd hook you up bunny but the only board i have is this POS siig and it uses alps so it'll be worthless to you.

this isnt perhaps how i would have gone about this, but that being said, im im very touched and greatful of the sentiment, and moz will have only had good intentions when doing this

i dont think he means that sentence the way it sounds, with the failure part etc, this community hasnt failed me in anyway, the response i got from my thread and now this is nothing short of amazing, i dont like to ask for things in return from people, and i dont do anything to get things back, but my original post is asking alot, because its not just a random key, postage is actual money from peoples pockets, and on around 90 keys that adds up

this was a project about me being sentimental about this community and i will see it through to completion, whether that takes me a month or a year, im grateful for mozs help and everyone who takes part, i think moz was trying to be motivating with that statement rather than negative or guilt trippy, and guilt is certainly not how i want this project to happen, i want to assemble this so i know which key is from which person and so it means something, and it only means something if its voluntary and because a person wants to, i think offering people things in return perhaps muddys that slightly, but i still think people will only take part because they want to, i thought hard about what to add to this raffle, which is why i decided to go with one big prize instead of a bunch of smaller stuff, so the chances are slim of people entering for an easy prize, and they are realy more just a thank you for being part of what i see as a community project

this may be something i am putting together, but this isnt really mine, this will be everybodies that takes part

I wasn't aware of your thoughts on this.

If you feel, id dilutes what your original idea was, which I do understand if it does, I can end this now, no hurt feelings.

Also, maybe using the word failed was a very harsh term, however, nevermind scratch that, I don't want to create another drama.

I'm going to let Bunny decide, if he wants to continue with this, if anything, hopefully this thread would have brought to people's attention Bunny's original request.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 19:26:15 »

I wasn't aware of your thoughts on this.

If you feel, id dilutes what your original idea was, which I do understand if it does, I can end this now, no hurt feelings.

Also, maybe using the word failed was a very harsh term, however, nevermind scratch that, I don't want to create another drama.

I'm going to let Bunny decide, if he wants to continue with this, if anything, hopefully this thread would have brought to people's attention Bunny's original request.

no moz i was gonna pm you to make sure you didnt take my comments negatively against you, i am very touched by this and honoured that you did it, i was merely explaining that your intentions were honorable and stating some reasons why i hadnt taken this approach, and to make it clear i wasnt trying to beg

once again moz, im both touched and flattered than anyone would think highly enough of me to make this thread, and i am happy for it to proceed, with the caveat that people are aware that nobody failed me, and the project hasnt failed, this is all part of its journey
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 November 2013, 19:29:54 by BunnyLake »

Offline whiteduck

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 19:30:46 »
I still got "w" plz!  Pm otw to spamray for his Addy <3
-wd

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 20:42:07 »
The Z key I sent Bunny a while ago got lost in the mail so I'll put myself down for a tilde this time. Need to send you a package tomorrow anyway Bunny so I'll include it with your CCnG set mate!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 09 November 2013, 23:07:19 »
I could have sworn I sent something in addition to the zinc cap.  Did it not show up?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 01:52:31 »
Man it seems like a lot of packages going to and from Bunny go missing, I'd be starting to think there was someone suspect at the PO if it was me. Over a decade of buying stuff online and never had a shipment go missing and I've had a package to AND from him disappear.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Chau

• .5 Korean, .25 Vietnamese, .25 Chinese, Oz accent
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 05:58:24 »
Would like to send bunny a F row key. Can it be a novelty or should it be F1, F2 etc?

Offline AGmurdercore

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 06:02:42 »
Would like to send bunny a F row key. Can it be a novelty or should it be F1, F2 etc?
It can be kinda w/e you want :)
What the hell am I even doing

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 06:20:21 »
I would like to donate the following cap?  Not real sure exactly what profile it is.  The Scroll Lock next to it is from a WYSE board.

43452-0

For what it is worth I wish I would have seen this earlier.  Bunny has done so much for this community.

The key I would like to donate is the red flaming skull cap.  The emblem is actually from a rock group don't remember which one but it is annodized aluminum
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:02:12 »
see i read the original post wrong, i thought he was looking for custom keys from people in the community for a keyboard with all the letters/legends/etc.
Being uncreative that I am, i have 0 ability to make a key lol.

Anyway Bunny, i'll throw in one of my Taiwan Flag keys that's R4.  They're from QWERkeys J profile Row 1 (which is R4 Function row as i commonly know it)
Let me know if you'd be interested in it

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:07:35 »
see i read the original post wrong, i thought he was looking for custom keys from people in the community for a keyboard with all the letters/legends/etc.
Being uncreative that I am, i have 0 ability to make a key lol.

Anyway Bunny, i'll throw in one of my Taiwan Flag keys that's R4.  They're from QWERkeys J profile Row 1 (which is R4 Function row as i commonly know it)
Let me know if you'd be interested in it

Show Image

Very much so thanks a ton, message me if u want to send to uk or ray to the us good sir

Offline oTurtlez

• DAT ZACKATTACK
  • Fo' Realforce
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:21:52 »
I was pledged to the T key, and was going to send it out along with my key for the great cap exchainge to Ray who was supposed to be the NA cap collection guy.
TOO BAD FOR YOU

Phantom 62g MX Whites    

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:31:37 »
I was pledged to the T key, and was going to send it out along with my key for the great cap exchainge to Ray who was supposed to be the NA cap collection guy.

yeah ray decided to withdraw from that, ill have a word and see if he wants back in, , may have been a momentary lapse in judgement hehe

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
  • Cable maker and future engineer
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:34:55 »

yeah ray decided to withdraw from that, ill have a word and see if he wants back in, , may have been a momentary lapse in judgement hehe

I could be the US proxy if needed.
HHKB Pro 2   SmallFry Keyboard

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:37:10 »
So can I send a novelty keycap for a function row key?
I want it to be in f12 if possible :)
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:38:15 »

I could be the US proxy if needed.

Proxying for the crowdsource wasn't the issue it was the key cap exchange and it's sorted now!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:43:27 »
So can I send a novelty keycap for a function row key?
I want it to be in f12 if possible :)

that is fine, just pick any key not taken, and thats your, whatever you send for that key is fine

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:45:47 »
MOZ for your table I sent some 'G' keys :thumb:

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:55:12 »
Update the second post.

Bunny, did you check what Halverson sent you?

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 14:56:48 »
Update the second post.

You missed me Moz.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50733.msg1111051#msg1111051

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 15:02:09 »
Update the second post.

You missed me Moz.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=50733.msg1111051#msg1111051

I remember you changed what key was "lonely", so I thought some other key might be more lonely, we'll give it some time ;)

Offline TheFlyingRaccoon

• HHKB Pro
  • * Maker
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 15:05:48 »
I remember you changed what key was "lonely", so I thought some other key might be more lonely, we'll give it some time ;)

No, I talked with Bunny and this is the key I am sending him. No more changes, promise!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 15:07:26 »
Update the second post.

h from halverson and s from shadovved

Offline Chau

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 15:21:21 »
I'll be sending an Esc key to Bunny. So please check that off the list.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 15:36:10 »
I'll be sending an Esc key to Bunny. So please check that off the list.

I think photekq already sent one, no?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 16:09:06 »
Photekq, sent bunny a "Bunny\nLake" brass key, if unny has decided to use it as an Esc key, I will mark it as such, so there is no confusion.

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 17:17:28 »
I have a spare Wyse 'Y' key I can send :D
Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 17:42:38 »
Since I guess maybe I didn't send something//my thingy got misplaced, I'll send something new for the F11 key.  Just no pictures of it until after the Secret Santa is done please.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 11 November 2013, 18:58:09 »
Since I guess maybe I didn't send something//my thingy got misplaced, I'll send something new for the F11 key.  Just no pictures of it until after the Secret Santa is done please.

deal sir

im actually gonna hold off on any pics now until it is complete

Offline Chau

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 00:22:25 »
Photekq, sent bunny a "Bunny\nLake" brass key, if unny has decided to use it as an Esc key, I will mark it as such, so there is no confusion.
Bunny told me it was ok to send him an Esc key, so do I send it or not.

Offline naokira

• The King in the North
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 00:40:07 »
put me down for f12 MOZ! its oem custom art wasd keycap.

This is an ugly one but very special to me.
and I wanna see this on your board bunny!

43614-0
FaceW in LZ-CE

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 01:32:51 »
Bunny told me it was ok to send him an Esc key, so do I send it or not.

This is for bunny, if he says it is fine, then it is.

Offline Chau

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 01:42:01 »
Ok, 1 cap on its way to the island.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #86 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 01:42:45 »
Spamray YGPM
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline margo baggins

• Dungeon Dweller
  • * Maker
  • Get back to work!
« Reply #87 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 05:32:57 »
I will pledge a 1.25x cap that doesn't exist yet, call it left control. Will exist at some point in the near future and I'll sort it with the b-man when it does :D
I got boards.

Offline Belfong

Get BunnyLake his crowdscource keyset raffle
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 07:02:42 »
I'm new to GH and I've always impressed by Bunny's politeness - he always call people sir - and this sounds like a fun fun project.

Being a gamer, I only have a PBT DoTA 2 keycaps. Does it fit? I guess you could put it in Scroll Lock since Esc is taken!

If it's good, please PM me your address Bunny!

Edit: you know what else would be fun? To see if he could collect caps from all parts of the world. I'm from Malaysia..

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 11:12:50 »
Cap mailed to Spamray.  This is going to be the ultimate unicorn vomit board every conceived.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 11:14:49 »
I'm new to GH and I've always impressed by Bunny's politeness - he always call people sir - and this sounds like a fun fun project.

Being a gamer, I only have a PBT DoTA 2 keycaps. Does it fit? I guess you could put it in Scroll Lock since Esc is taken!

If it's good, please PM me your address Bunny!

Show Image

Edit: you know what else would be fun? To see if he could collect caps from all parts of the world. I'm from Malaysia..

thats great sir, ill pm you my details when i get back to my desk shortly

Offline Permeability

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 12 November 2013, 11:20:43 »
I will donate a /? key, pm incoming to you spamray  :)
Keyboards:
'The Cheat' - lubed 62g Clears
Ducky Shine 3 TKL lubed 45g Reds (Work)

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 22:46:34 »
I can fill right ctrl if it's still open.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 13 November 2013, 22:52:50 »
Oh, when Spamray gets my cap, can you just put "mystery key" in the box?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 01:30:00 »
We should bump this. I wonder how it turned out.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 01:36:01 »
We should bump this. I wonder how it turned out.

From the looks of it, it is still far from done.  I am a bit bummed as I really thought this would have been done long ago.  Bunny has been one of the nicest people here and done so much positive for the community. 

wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Chau

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 01:55:25 »
Hope my cap did not get lost in the mail. Did you get it bunny?

Offline Belfong

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 02:10:11 »
Yeah, the table in the original post should have a column to say whether it was received or not.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 08:37:21 »
Mine will be on the way very soon. Sorry for the delay.
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline MOZ

• KING OF THE NEWBIES
  • * Maker
  • Busy making stuff
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 26 November 2013, 10:34:34 »
I will add the required column for the current location of the keycap (Sender/Ray/Bunny).