Author Topic: What video games are you currently playing?  (Read 336832 times)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
What video games are you currently playing?
« on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 12:40:22 »
Can be retro/modern/PC/mobile/Tiger Electronics/etc.

Currently playing Chrono Trigger. Been putting it off for so long. Now that I have a bit of a break from studies I’ve been hunkering down when the rest of the family is asleep and trying to play as much as I can until school starts again.

156726-0

Not far into it (about maybe a fourth, if that), but so far I really like it. The story and characters are a bit cliche by today's standards, but they are colorful and relatable. The battle system is very good, and I can see myself tweaking it soon to fit my needs. Playing on the DS Lite made me realize how small the screens are (been used to the 3DS XL screens), but it's definitely manageable.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: What video games are you currently playing?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 12:40:35 »
Also playing Solitaire Decked Out when I'm on the train. Surprisingly, it's very addictive and my favorite iteration of digital solitaire by far.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devsisters.SolitaireDeckedOut&hl=en
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 January 2017, 12:42:41 by romevi »

Offline CSCoder4ever

• If it clicks I dig it
    • my github
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 13:17:25 »
Unreal gold

if only it had more quake sounds in it  :(
Rosewill RK-9100; Poker II; Magicforce 68; Planck; WASDv2 TKL; Corsair k65; minivan; tada68;

*buntu - Debian - OpenBSD

Offline Altis

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 16:16:05 »
Age of Empires 2 HD: Rise of Rajas expansion just released the other week. Nice to see it getting updates and patches after nearly 18 years.

Probably the only game from the 90s still in active development by the original makers.  :cool:

WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 16:34:47 »
AoE2HD is NOT developed by the original Ensemble Studios staff.

Instead, devs of the Forgotten mod were hired to work on the Forgotten Empires expansion, while trying to maintain basically a fork. The HD edition has been a lackluster, though, with new bugs, multiplayer lag/sync problems etc.

I'm still entirely convinced, that the original AoE2 (that you can buy in a box on Amazon) with community patches and Voobly multiplayer client is a much better game to this day. I've bought the HD only for new campaigns.

Offline dante

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 18:25:01 »
I'm not gaming too much these days.  I do mess around with jump maps in Urban Terror from time to time.

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 19:28:13 »
Played a lot in the past (too many to name), but the one I always play on/off is Dota 2
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 19:45:45 »
Played a lot in the past (too many to name), but the one I always play on/off is Dota 2

Is Dota 2 a video game?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 20:13:34 »

Is Dota 2 a video game?

depends on how much u play.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 20:43:49 »
I am currently playing Borderlands 2.

Offline Altis

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 21:39:09 »
AoE2HD is NOT developed by the original Ensemble Studios staff.

Instead, devs of the Forgotten mod were hired to work on the Forgotten Empires expansion, while trying to maintain basically a fork. The HD edition has been a lackluster, though, with new bugs, multiplayer lag/sync problems etc.

I'm still entirely convinced, that the original AoE2 (that you can buy in a box on Amazon) with community patches and Voobly multiplayer client is a much better game to this day. I've bought the HD only for new campaigns.

You're ruining my fun.

Voobly and HD each have their pros and cons it would seem.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 22:12:24 »
Was playing Pokemon Moon, but then TitanFall 2 went on sale and figured I'd give it a shot.  Pretty addicting so far.  Also log in to Runescape almost daily, but just to check on stuff.  More of a cycle for that game.  Some months its addicting, and others its bleh.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 05:35:46 »
EVE Online - my friends got me hooked again. I spend so many hours in that game it's not even funny. I almost neglect the wife.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 07:12:27 »
Actually, I haven't had much time for AoE2 since African Kingdoms came out. Before that, the HD edition had been terrible, and add my dislike for Steam and poor performance in Wine back then. However, I hear, that Wine support has improved and Voobly now works with HD, thus even if you get the modern Steam release, you aren't stuck with its ****ty multiplayer. I believe pros still play the original boxed version though, and I find it much better too. In part thanks to content like Age of Chivalry: Hegemony.

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 08:32:21 »
Been running through this again (apparently Nier Automata has ties). May not be the best when it comes to actual execution (720P  :rolleyes: ) but I need more of it dark satiric quirks. Still not gonna beat it though. F*ck dat end bossfight!!!  >:D

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline Altis

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 19:59:54 »
Actually, I haven't had much time for AoE2 since African Kingdoms came out. Before that, the HD edition had been terrible, and add my dislike for Steam and poor performance in Wine back then. However, I hear, that Wine support has improved and Voobly now works with HD, thus even if you get the modern Steam release, you aren't stuck with its ****ty multiplayer. I believe pros still play the original boxed version though, and I find it much better too. In part thanks to content like Age of Chivalry: Hegemony.

There can be a bit of lag/delay in HD but it's otherwise been rock solid for me as of late. I used to get massive frame drop that would make it unplayable even with just 3-4 players.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 04:49:48 »
Do you still get **** like idle villagers though?

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 08:10:42 »
Been hooked on old school Runescape. Hadn't played anything really for the past two years because of only having one 8 year old laptop (Thinkpad X200s). Started playing like Monday, have put ~25h in already. It's probably a passing thing, just need to get to the point that grinding it just too time consuming and not at all fun. :D
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline Altis

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 15:01:37 »
Do you still get **** like idle villagers though?

Yeah sometimes, and the unit mapping is said to be worse, though I don't notice a massive difference.

It's far from perfect, for sure. But it's still such a great game and HD absolutely brings in more users since it's on Steam as a currently supported game.

Offline XG3njiX

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 05 January 2017, 23:10:23 »
Uncharted 4 and Naruto ninja storm

Offline mousouchop

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 13:24:17 »
Currently playing FFTA on my old GBA SP. :)  (hence my inspiration for my avatar). This is one of my favorite games. Just got a new game I'm gonna break in soon-- UPPERS for the PS Vita. It's a Japanese fighting game; first fighting game I've bought actually.

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 03:10:24 »
Uncharted 4 and Naruto ninja storm

Do you know how to unlock all the characters without playing campaign mode in naruto? :))

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 03:12:21 »
Just tried hell divers..

It's a bit hard for 1 person..

but with more than 1 person it'd probably be too easy.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #23 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 03:58:28 »
BF1 come join me and nick for squad up!

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 22:15:34 »
Am I the only one here absolutely obsessed with Stardew Valley?

Especially with this setup, it's all I want to do.

A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 01:22:32 »

Show Image

Well, you've got my attention. And the requirements sounds pretty good to play on even my primary school aged Linux laptop.

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 03:08:26 »
CAN'T. STOP. PLAYING. SKYRIM REMASTERED. TOO. MANY. FUN. MODS.

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 05:21:41 »
Uncharted 4, a terrible P2W F2P MMO called Skyforge I've been meaning to quit for the last year now, and WoW.
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 06:52:40 »
Downwell. It's a Japanese shooter/platformer type thing. Maybe a smidge of Spelunky about it but more arcadey. You fall down a well shooting things with your gunboots. They recharge when you land on a platform or bounce on an enemy (but there are enemies you can't land on). The way to earn lots of extra health and survive past the second level is by combo-ing things on the way down without hitting the ground. Bloody difficult but incredibly fun. If you want something pick-up-and-play for 10 minute blasts every now and then it's spectacularly good.

Also playing Torchlight 2. I didn't like it much for the first half hour but I'm starting to get into it now. The story seems a bit dry and the graphics direction looks a bit middle of the road but the old clicking and leveling stuff is working its magic. I never got around to playing the Diablo games and this was on sale so I said I'd give it a lash.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 07:26:20 »
Downwell. It's a Japanese shooter/platformer type thing. Maybe a smidge of Spelunky about it but more arcadey. You fall down a well shooting things with your gunboots. They recharge when you land on a platform or bounce on an enemy (but there are enemies you can't land on). The way to earn lots of extra health and survive past the second level is by combo-ing things on the way down without hitting the ground. Bloody difficult but incredibly fun. If you want something pick-up-and-play for 10 minute blasts every now and then it's spectacularly good.

Also playing Torchlight 2. I didn't like it much for the first half hour but I'm starting to get into it now. The story seems a bit dry and the graphics direction looks a bit middle of the road but the old clicking and leveling stuff is working its magic. I never got around to playing the Diablo games and this was on sale so I said I'd give it a lash.

I got Torchlight 2 on a Humble Bundle some time ago and got through the game in about 20h. Really liked it but couldn't justify playing the next mode because I used a single weapon for almost whole time of the game and well - it gets boring. It's fun and I liked it better than the first one though. If you're into action RPG's than I suggest checking out Path of Exile. If only I had a better PC I'd play the **** out of it! 

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 13:21:22 »
Unreal gold
Show Image

if only it had more quake sounds in it  :(
UT is my favourite arena combat game and one of my all-time favourite games, period. When it first came out my coworkers and I battled over the office intranet after hours. good times! It's the only game that's perpetually installed on all of the computers in my home.

Age of Empires 2 HD: Rise of Rajas expansion just released the other week. Nice to see it getting updates and patches after nearly 18 years.

Probably the only game from the 90s still in active development by the original makers.  :cool:
I was suckered into getting the HD version after not playing the game in many years. It looks great and satisfies my need for nostalgia but it's just not the same somehow. Probably because the friends I used to play it with don't play any longer  :(
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 13:39:13 »
Ultima Online: The Second Age and Pokémon GO! are my consistent gaming staples right now.
The people who resurrected the old Ultima Online server a few years ago have kept it beautifully original.
157390-0" alt="" class="bbc_img" />
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline wishful_cynic

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 13:48:38 »
BF1 <3

That and Skyrim Remastered are the only 2 games I have atm, just built my first PC last November.

lmk if you want to squad up on BF1!

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 13:55:08 »
I'd like to recommend downwell as well. It's short and fun and I think I got it for a dollar.
Biking is fun.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 14:38:26 »
Terreria and Just Cause 3

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 15:04:45 »
NBA 2K11 still goin strong
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Suembeaux

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 15:08:11 »

Show Image

Well, you've got my attention. And the requirements sounds pretty good to play on even my primary school aged Linux laptop.

It is basically Harvest Moon perfected, and I played a ton of those games as a kid.
A bunch of stuff. Someone teach me how to properly solder.

/u/Shartastical

Offline rm-rf

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 15:08:20 »
Ultima Online!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 15:16:59 »
Ratchet and Clank (PS4 version), Uncharted 4, and about to start Last of Us remastered.   :thumb:
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 15:18:13 »

Show Image

It is basically Harvest Moon perfected, and I played a ton of those games as a kid.

Man.. Good times. I remember doing fake choirs for daysssss....

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 15:20:52 »

Wow, that's the only NBA game I still have (dunno why I sold my PS copy of NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC) and I've yet to play it.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 15:21:51 »

Wow, that's the only NBA game I still have (dunno why I sold my PS copy of NBA Showtime: NBA on NBC) and I've yet to play it.

it's pretty great

IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 17:31:57 »
Dude, how do you even play that on PC.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 23:58:47 »
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
DOA Xtreme 3
Street fighter V
KoF XIV

And watching JP streamers play FF15 because I don't care to pay $60 for it.

Offline hanoipho

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 01:23:05 »
Dota 2
LOL
CSGO
Overwatch
Diablo 3

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 11:48:12 »
DOA Xtreme 3
Street fighter V
KoF XIV

Dota 2
LOL
CSGO
Overwatch
Diablo 3

How do you all balance so many games? Every time I play more than two games at once I stop playing them altogether and they go unplayed for months.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 14:16:22 »
DOA Xtreme 3
Street fighter V
KoF XIV

//Pervert detected...

hahahahaha

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 14:51:57 »
157457-0

Witcher 3 GOTY
(yeah, latecomer)