Author Topic: My dog passed away...  (Read 4924 times)

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
My dog passed away...
« on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 09:33:20 »
For the past week or so, I've been really down in the dumps.  I've talked to a very few amount of GH members and haven't been very active with work or personal life.  Really, I've just had no motivation.  My dog passed away yesterday.  She was 17 years old and lived an incredibly long, happy, human food filled life.  I really couldn't have asked for anything else. 

In the beginning of her last week, she appeared to have been suffering from a slipped disc in her upper spine, towards the neck.  This caused her to have severe pain when walking, laying down, eating, or really any sort of upper body movement.  My gf and I decided that this was the event that we would euthanize her.  The suffering she's endured, and the mental pain that we endure is just a long road of sadness and heartaching pain.  Even typing this now, I'm desperately holding back any tears but my heart is exhausted, still healing from yesterday's sorrow.

As the week progressed, Penny gave us a final gift.  On her last day, the morning of, my gf and I walked her and she seemed so happy.  I think she knew her day was coming and wanted us to be happy no matter what.  We walked her as much as she could take, fed her some delicious food and all the water she wanted.  It was her last supper, her last walk, and her last goodbye.

Thank you Penny for all the warm memories.  I will never forget the times we spent together as children, teenagers and lastly, adults.  I saw you through your entire life, beginning as a basket of ferocious energy down to the last dwindling breath of your senior citizenship.  I know that we'll see eachother again, but until then, may you rest happily and forever in peace.

Penny Wang
(August 10, 1995 - October 2, 2012)
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 October 2012, 09:44:38 by DanGWanG »

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
Re: My dog passed away...
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 09:33:34 »
With that being said, some other crappy things that have been happening in the midst of all this. I've been also trying my best to move into my new house, however, along with that came a month's worth of double rent/mortgage. 

Timing was kind of bad in this situation where I found myself having to move into my new place but still paying rent on my old place because of a contractual agreement.  Top that off with unexpected contractor fees and veterinary bills, I'm down about $3000.  With that being said, I plan on holding a public auction to help pay for these things.  This isn't a pity or charity auction, this is simply to help pay for my bills.  However, because GH is such a big part of my life right now, I do plan on donating some of the proceeds to continue helping fund this warm, amazing community.

Some items I plan on auctioning:  CC Skulls, Filco ergo-Clears, NIB doubleshots, Dolch Keycaps, SP keycap sets, TypeNow Solid, moogle kits and whatever else I can give up to help pay for this huge dent.

You can expect something to be up in Classifieds sometime by the end of the week.  I still need to finish unpacking and sorting out everything that I have.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 October 2012, 09:51:05 by DanGWanG »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 09:36:49 »
Wow dude. There isn't really I can think of to say, I know what it's like to lose a loved one like that, especially a member of the family. I hope you feel better, it was amazing of you to have made it such a good life for her. Rest in Peace, Penny.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 October 2012, 09:39:00 by Sifo »
I love Elzy

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 09:38:55 »
R.I.P. Penny. I totally understand Dan. If I can do anything to help, shoot me a PM.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 09:42:59 »
So sorry for your loss Dan.  So sad... I don't know what else to say.  I think I can safely speak for the community when saying that we are here for you.  If you feel the need to vent, or just want to let it all out, send me a PM...

R.I.P. Penny.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 09:47:04 »
Thanks guys :)  It's the community that really helps cheer me up sometimes, and I really think it helps heal the pain.

Just a heads up, I'll be holding a public auction to relieve some of these bills I've accumulated this past month.  Please refer to post #2 for anyone interested http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36149.msg676904#msg676904

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 09:47:44 »
An auction sounds good. Might be the only one I'll actively participate in to help out.
I love Elzy

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 09:51:12 »
I will chip in a key Techkey package for the auction.  R.I.P Penny 

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 09:51:42 »
Sorry to hear about your dog, Dan. Definitely fortunate to have had 17 wonderful years of good memories with her.

Best of luck with your emotional recovery.

-abs

My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 11:06:14 »
Sorry to hear that Dan...
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 11:37:02 »
:< She is such a wonderful dog. She's lucky to have had you.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 11:45:00 »
Damn dude, sorry for your loss.
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 11:49:25 »
I'm here if you need anything bro.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 12:02:12 »
Your in my thoughts. Hang in there, time is a great healer.

Offline m00nshake

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 12:12:11 »
I'm sorry for your loss, Dan. We're here for you. If there's anything I can do, don't hesitate to let me know.
Ducky Shine II w/ Green LEDs | Das Professional | Italian Red Filco Ninja Tenkeyless | Unicomp Wildcats Buckling Spring | My Heatware :)

Offline sherryton

• * Vendor
  • Kībōdo
    • Originative
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 12:13:16 »
I hope you're doing okay.  Your dog is super cute! 

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 12:14:30 »
Sorry to hear this man.  Condolences. :(

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 12:15:19 »
Rest in peace, Penny

fartq

My dog passed away...
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 12:20:19 »
take your time man. it stays with you, but it gets better

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 17:14:17 »
Sincerest condolances.  From your words it sounds as if Penny had more than any dog could hope for.  R.I.P.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 17:33:06 »
I just went through the same process with my oldest dog myself.  It seemed like overnight, she just went from being awesome and spritely to big trouble. 

Looking back, with how she fought me to go to the vet to get looked at and would try to hide in weird places, I can tell she was preparing me more than anything else and the day of she was as positive as she could be, so I think it's just something dogs do as like a last effort to make sure we remember happy times with them even at the last.

My condolences are your's, sir.

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 17:37:05 »
What sad news, R.I.P. Penny.  It's clear she led a long, pampered life, and will live on forever in your memories.  I've had a lot of dogs come and go in my lifetime and it's never easy, so I know how you feel :(

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 17:38:24 »
Damn man, sounds like you gave her the best life that you possibly could :)

Offline nntnam

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 03 October 2012, 22:47:19 »
R.I.P Penny...
░▒▓ KMAC | FILCO MJ2 | HHKB | PHANTOM ▓▒░

Offline Ovoxo

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 03:07:30 »
Sorry for your loss Dan. Let me know if you need anything.

RIP Penny

Offline 486

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 06:17:42 »
That's sad. You have my sincere condolences.
RIP.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 06:25:56 »
So sorry for your loss. :(
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 11:09:29 »
We're on day 2 now, and it's gotten a lot better.  Thank you all for caring about Penny, I wish you could have all met her =)

She was a huge part of my life and just knowing that there are so many people who know and understand what I'm going through, it really does put some things into perspective and makes me not feel so alone.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 12:55:09 »
:) I'm glad that we could help you out Dan.
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 October 2012, 14:47:17 by SmallFry »

Offline mmmty

• bang! bang!
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 04 October 2012, 16:05:36 »
Sorry, Dan. You did the right thing.
Keyboardless

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #30 on: Fri, 05 October 2012, 15:00:33 »
You have my condolences, DanGWanG. People who do not have pets do not understand how much they are family. I had to get my cat put to sleep a few years ago, and it was heartbreaking.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 19 October 2012, 13:05:32 »
My absolute sincerest condolences. I wish I had seen this sooner. I had to stop reading halfway through and go back a few minutes later.
It's often hard to think more of the great and the good at times like this, even though it's all inevitable at some point.

Thank you for sharing this most important part of your life with us.

I'm crying right now typing this.
Oct 27-28 will be 1 year since Smoochie passed. It's been the loneliest and saddest feeling I've had. Everything else doesn't matter sometimes :(

Trying so hard to get past the sadness:

:) ;) :D ;D :) ;) :D ;D :) ;) :D ;D
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~