Author Topic: GDI, Originative's maybe coming back  (Read 8393 times)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Re: GDI, Originative's prob not coming back
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 15:30:54 »
GMK do have the at least 2 other Tab legend, I have no idea why the hell originative are choosing that one. I don't even know where that one comes from as I can not recall any vintage Cherry keyboard that uses it.

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 15:32:11 »
I've got no clue. This is Sherry you're talking about Ivan. Don't forget that. :P

Offline TheQsanity

• SmallFry Lovin'
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 15:33:06 »
His site looks so nice and professional. Too bad he isn't so here.
Has anyone contacted him from his site?

According to his site, he is around the Los Angeles or San Diego area.
I wonder if he does local pickups...
SmallFry! <3

Offline Acetrak

• ssk.ℜ
  • gnawm_
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 20:49:08 »

Offline codyeatworld

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 21:06:27 »
Also updated his homepage, I would gladly purchase if he does follow through.
But until then I think I will hold off on buying orange on charcoal.

I have introduced a few new products ranging from keyset to springs.  I am sorry for all the inconvenience I have caused everyone.  Most of the things have been fixed.  If you are missing any keys, then please send me an e-mail with the order no. at sheraton@originativeco.com. The sanctuary keyset was in South Korea until they shipped it back on Tuesday.  ALL of them will go out on Monday and Tuesday.  More products are going to be available soon.  4 new sets of PBT Dye Sublimation, 2 new sets of Double-Shot, 4 sets from IMSTO, a few novelty keys, and some rarer springs.  Thanks for all the patience, and thank you for continuing staying with us.  I will do another contest with the new keycap sets. 

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 21:14:01 »
The offer at his site is very tempting, a brand new authentic cherry set, wow!, let see if the pioneer buyers that risk into this new land survive  :D

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 21:17:35 »
dat tab is so bad dough

and no 1.75x shift or ISO stuff he promised before too :/
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 21:17:49 »
I emailed him about the black on beige set after he made that update post a few days ago..he said i could place and order, and i asked to make sure that he would be able to ship it out and what-not and i got no reply.

i will email again after the gh60 payments are due, and try to buy that black on beige set for my gh60

Offline L4yercake

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 21:20:30 »
Why is priority shipping costing $11.95?

And no 1.75 Right Shift...? This man has got nothing together apparently. I'm going to hold off for a bit.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 26 April 2013, 22:06:40 »
he prob has 62s as well, but i was asking him bout 65s.

I think 62 and 65 is below the just noticeble difference threshold so in terms of "feel" it would be quite impossible to tell them apart.

But if the clear switch stems were new and un-greased, it's possible that they may fail to reset promptly

It's hard to tell them apart, but my 65g spring Clears feel better than my 62g Clears.  The 65g springs just make the switch feel a little smoother.  I'm sure you couldn't tell on other switches, but it's barely noticeable on Clears.

Offline dante

Re: GDI, Originative's maybe coming back
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 09:04:53 »
I'm LOL'ing hard at that Windows key.  It looks like something off a QFR.

[edit]Just noticed 80g springs.  Paging rootwyrm...

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 29 April 2013, 04:23:26 »
damn 45g and 80g springs

may roll the dice with originative and make an order and see how that goes ......

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 22:49:01 »
For what its worth, I ordered springs from the site while it was up and they came maybe a week later.

Ditto. I ordered stickers via Amazon Payments and they arrived the same week. I would happily order from him again once he gets his stuff sorted out.

A few weeks ago, I ordered the Classic Beige with Blue keycap set from Originative and received it promptly, although I thought the payment method was strange. Since then, I have wanted to order additional keycap sets, but I had some pre-sales questions. I have sent multiple e-mails through the Originative site, regular e-mails, and PMs through GH, but I have received no replies.

Like you, I would like to give them more business, but it is not possible without communication. Surely there must be other dealers for GMK and other quality keycap sets (double shots and thick dye sub PBT). I realize there are GBs organized through GH from time to time, but I would prefer not to wait for such a lengthy process. Suggestions?

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 23:25:45 »
There are no other GMK dealers. He does sell some imsto thick PBTs that can be bought from imsto directly, through feng (http://myworld.ebay.com/geek_feng/) or through the R2 group buy (http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=43328.0)

Everything Originative sells is unique and can't be found elsewhere except for the imsto sets. Also, some of the imsto sets he sells can't be found elsewhere either.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 10 July 2013, 23:31:12 »
elitekeyboards.com sells some keys manufactured by GMK, but not full sets.  For those, at the moment, it is Originative or group buys.

Offline Hypersphere

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 11 July 2013, 11:10:13 »
Sherry got back to me last night. His internet connection had been down again, but now it appears that things are up and running once more. I really like the unique products he has, so I will be ordering from him again.