Author Topic: Any Windows custom msstyles gurus about?  (Read 852 times)

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Any Windows custom msstyles gurus about?
« on: Sun, 09 June 2013, 20:16:40 »
So, I took first attempt at making msstyles for Windows 7. It seemed to be ok, until I logoff. When logoff with my style applied I can't logon again unless I enter safe mode and disable themes service. In event viewer there is an error relating to winlogon.exe and uxtheme.dll with error 0xC0000005. I couldn't find any pointers while searching google. I can type the password then the screen goes blank for a few seconds and kicks back to logon screen. While I am logged on everything appears to be fine when style is active and there are no apparent functional problems.
Otherwise the only issue I have is the taskbar buttons are freaking ginormous and spread across the entire taskbar instead of staying to the left. When open more applications they slide over and make room but I find it to be annoying. I spent many hours getting things how I mostly wanted them and don't really desire to start over. Will be glad to give copy of the style files if anyone can help me to fix it.
Thanks!

I fixed the crashing problem on logon, yay me... was caused by the theme image resource got renumbered so it wasn't start with 508 like it supposed to.
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 June 2013, 10:44:16 by IvanIvanovich »