Author Topic: Asia mechanical keyboard reseller?  (Read 4863 times)

Offline devilcm3

Asia mechanical keyboard reseller?
« on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 20:36:57 »
hiiiiiii...let me introduce myself first....cuz theres no subforum for newbies so i just create this thread :D
my name is devilcm3 and im staying here in singapore...any members reside in singapore too?

i actually have wandering around this forum as a ghost....guest for quite a month or so....and it proves to be a poisonous :D

so...i got my first mechanical keyboard after researching ... and it is filco blue cherry 104 keys....im happy with it because it improves my typing skill when i switch from qwerty to dvorak....about 3 weeks ago...the speeds are still about 30 to 40 wpm so ... consider me a noob :D

i bring my keyboard to school everday...i know it seems to be ridiculous but i feel the pleasure of typing on mechanical keyboards rather than laptop scissor switch one...

so here comes to the quest for brown switch...tenkeyless!! looking for new flavours here because the distributor stop bringing the blue and brown tenkeyless to singapore because lack of demands , maybe yess because most consumers judge keyboards by its casing...razer keyboards are very popular in this country but not much people know theres other keyboard that is better for typing

i wonder if theres any reseller that offers tenkeyless in asia region?
i tried some japanese e-tailer but it seems that they too offer price that i hardly can afford(i got my blues for about US$131) and the tenkeyless costs more than my 104 keys? weird uh....
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 January 2010, 20:48:55 by devilcm3 »
Black Cherry MX , once you bought it , it is yours , it is permanently yours , it is permanently yours till you meet your maker

1.FILCO Cherry Blue FKBN104MC/EB
2.FILCO Cherry Brown FKBN84M/EB

Offline didjamatic

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 22:38:44 »
Welcome!  Have you tried Leopold?

I have shipped to Singapore before.  Shipping from a USA seller would be about $50.
IBM F :: IBM M :: Northgate :: Cherry G80 :: Realforce :: DAS 4

Offline watduzhkstand4

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 22:54:27 »
what was the Leopold US site again? I thought Leopold had a site up for US customers.
KEYBOARDS
Cherry Blue *Filco Tenkeyless w/ blank keys* w/ red ESC key thanks to Megarat
Cherry Red Noppoo Choc Mini
IBM Model M 1391401 12/15/88
Siig Minitouch w/ White Alps

SOLD
HHKB Pro 2 white w/ blank keys red ESC key and blank WASD keys
HHKB L-2
Cherry Brown Compaq mx11800
Dell AT101W
Cherry Red Leopold 104-key Otaku FC500RR/ABN

Offline chongyixiong

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 22:57:41 »
Howdy neighbour, I'm from up north.

To answer your questions, you could try Inpad TW (got my first Tenkeyless Brown BLANK with 2 blank window keys thrown in for good measure) or from another major Taiwan online electronics store that accepts Paypal (kinda forgot, was it armystore?).. they do ship international but for a cost..

I got my first mechanical from Inpad for around NTD$3400 with around RM50 shipping fee (which costs around SGD20 I suppose).. so it worked out to be a pretty good deal.

My second and third ALPS keyboard came from a thrift store while my 4th IBM Model M Space Saving keyboard, I got it from a member on Geekhack here for USD$75 + USD$40 shipping to Malaysia.. so if you're willing to pay for shipping, the world can really be easily conquered.

For normal Filco stuff, I'd recommend the Taiwan sellers, real cheap price and also competitive shipping rates, just need to find the correct one.

And dude, no EDMW-talk style here please.

Offline devilcm3

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 14 January 2010, 23:29:42 »
Quote from: didjamatic;151024
Welcome!  Have you tried Leopold?

I have shipped to Singapore before.  Shipping from a USA seller would be about $50.
korean prices are quite the same as japanese and they cost the same as the price from local reseller even before shipping

Quote from: chongyixiong;151028
Howdy neighbour, I'm from up north.

To answer your questions, you could try Inpad TW (got my first Tenkeyless Brown BLANK with 2 blank window keys thrown in for good measure) or from another major Taiwan online electronics store that accepts Paypal (kinda forgot, was it armystore?).. they do ship international but for a cost..

I got my first mechanical from Inpad for around NTD$3400 with around RM50 shipping fee (which costs around SGD20 I suppose).. so it worked out to be a pretty good deal.

My second and third ALPS keyboard came from a thrift store while my 4th IBM Model M Space Saving keyboard, I got it from a member on Geekhack here for USD$75 + USD$40 shipping to Malaysia.. so if you're willing to pay for shipping, the world can really be easily conquered.

For normal Filco stuff, I'd recommend the Taiwan sellers, real cheap price and also competitive shipping rates, just need to find the correct one.

And dude, no EDMW-talk style here please.
visited the website and i see nothing..cant read chinese..
but i can read HTML pages so , yea trying to explore abit

how about the reliability of the taiwan postal? are they the same as the HK post which is infamous for their lost packages? (8 items bought  , 2 MIA)

and oh did i see something wrong , the 104 keys and 84 keys price difference is 200 NTD
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 January 2010, 23:32:14 by devilcm3 »
Black Cherry MX , once you bought it , it is yours , it is permanently yours , it is permanently yours till you meet your maker

Offline devilcm3

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 15 January 2010, 21:34:39 »
trying to contact the reseller by the help of my friend , and ridiculously they charge almost SG$70 for the shipping rate...do you use EMS for the shipping from taiwan?

Offline chongyixiong

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 16 January 2010, 00:13:49 »
Yeah the price difference between 84/104 is not much btw, just whether you need it, or not.

I got it with Taiwan EMS.. it was around NTD$240+ for 2 keyboards + a few Lian-li accessories (they're really cheap in Taiwan, even at retail price, compared to prices here in Sillypore and Bolehland), so with the shipping divided, it's actually cheaper eh.

I got my friend in Taiwan to bank in the money to them (they can actually bank in money at any 7-11 store in TW, how cool is that) so I didn't have to pay any 3rd party bank charges, etc.

Found the store that accepts Paypal:
http://www.armygroup.com.tw/shop/

Post your questions on the board if you need any translating help.
Isn't PM Lee supposed to brush up the nation's Mandarin skills already?

Offline devilcm3

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 16 January 2010, 01:09:17 »
im actually indonesian chinese whose ironically speak boleh language better than my ancestors' language
went to singapore for further studies

so , i tried emailed both inpad and armygroup and..actually i think i would go for AG because i dont feel like to press 16 digits of numbers . too much phising risk nowadays

and i dont really care about PM lee whose only care about his salary which is 5 times higher than obama

Offline chongyixiong

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 16 January 2010, 06:35:29 »
I really suggest you add Inpad on their MSN, they seem to respond better though. Let him know that I introduced you or something if he starts to say he never shipped internationally before yeah.

Mr Kuo is basically a nice guy to chat with, although his level of English might cause some misunderstandings so go in nice and easy. :D

Enjoy your keyboard dude.

PS: I thought Filco boards are @ Chamoxa, SLS as Niceday is the distro?

Offline devilcm3

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 16 January 2010, 11:09:15 »
niceday do bring in filco keyboards , but is limited only some models..too bad they didnt have 84 brown switches , i ask their rep and he replied due to low demand of tenkeyless they decide not to bring in ... :(

i tried also armygroup...although  the keyboard price is the same as inpad but the shipping is different..try checking out and to my surprise they charge TWD 840 for shipping and 140 for stuff i dont know what is it , adds them all the total cost is $177 , not worthed it....i'll just see how inpad replies my email
« Last Edit: Sat, 16 January 2010, 11:12:40 by devilcm3 »