Author Topic: Trek Discovery..  (Read 10352 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Trek Discovery..
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 20:31:42 »
hrrrrnngggg..

I am already watching the New Trek like I watched game of thrones.

Just skip through it, watch the CGI scenes,  the story being thoroughly uninteresting.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 15 October 2017, 22:00:12 »
But there's no reason NOT to have Fan_Service..

I've stopped watching shows over gratuitous fan service and I'm not alone.
And no, it's not just the near naked women, but on the naked men as well, if it can't be done naturally in the story line, I don't care to see it.

I have no problem with the nudity, I just don't like scenes being written just to show it.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 01:16:25 »
But there's no reason NOT to have Fan_Service..

I've stopped watching shows over gratuitous fan service and I'm not alone.
And no, it's not just the near naked women, but on the naked men as well, if it can't be done naturally in the story line, I don't care to see it.

I have no problem with the nudity, I just don't like scenes being written just to show it.

I don't look for it either.

But NOT having any is just as bad as having too much..

With Discovery,  This show is problematic because of the lvl of money involved.

7 to 8 million per episode .. if it's not a massive success .. whoever's footing the bill is going to be like -- we're not doing THAT again --,    and the franchise will be shelved for another 10 years.. 

Picard, it's easily rewatchable.. you can run through it 10 times, and it's rather interesting every time.

With Discovery and shows like Game of thrones, I have absolutely NO Desire to ever see it again.. even with all the great cgi.. It's paper thin..

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 16:31:16 »
GoT definitely suffers from being horribly rushed. Don't know why they couldn't have cheap, talky episodes, between all the action spectacle ones. I suppose it's to do with the overheads of having such a large production.

Todays episode was pretty TNGish though. Nu-Picard managed to get himself kidnapped, tortured by 3 lights, and back on his ship in half an episode where it took Picard a two parter.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 20:11:16 »
GOT has gotten more and more rushed as the series went on, particularly the last season 2 seasons.

Kind of silly that the buildup has taken several seasons, only to rush the climax, rather annoying.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 20:28:03 »
GOT has gotten more and more rushed as the series went on, particularly the last season 2 seasons.

Kind of silly that the buildup has taken several seasons, only to rush the climax, rather annoying.

I feel GOT is just boring..  I watch it for the little dude scenes, and the dragon cgi..

I have no interest in any one else's story line..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 20:49:11 »
Maybe  8 Million dollars is what it takes to make a believable Star Trek for 2017..

I started off thinking, they could've done it cheaper,  but had it not had the visuals.. it would Literally have NOTHING.. so..  I guess it's warranted..

But overall.. Each passing week, I am let down by the pointless plot..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 16:34:01 »
Ugh.... another ground hogs day episode..

Hrrrrmm.....  ok

If I've NEVER seen ANY startrek or other sci-fi shows before...

WAS THIS episode a good representation of the GroundHogs day mechanic..

///No,  it wasn't that great..  lots of unnecessary causality loops that were obviously just stalling for the lack of deeper content..

sigh..............................................

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 18:44:39 »
It's become obvious, and should be based just on the intro alone that this is a very different Trek than previous ones and the show has really started coming into it's own.

Tp, eat some meat or at least some Ramen, all those veggies are rotting your brain.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 18:57:41 »
It's become obvious, and should be based just on the intro alone that this is a very different Trek than previous ones and the show has really started coming into it's own.

Tp, eat some meat or at least some Ramen, all those veggies are rotting your brain.

To paraphrase digi:

I ain't mad, I just disappoind

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 19:46:10 »

To paraphrase digi:

I ain't mad, I just disappoind

Star Trek Discovery isn't for the oldies like us to watch, it's purely for the newbs who haven't yet caught onto the Star Trek Phenomena.

As usual you have to write for them instead of entertaining the oldies with any relevant story lines.  The Young tend to go with expensive hype then ever before and this franchise will make money for the bankers quite easily.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 20:57:35 »
Star Trek Discovery isn't for the oldies like us to watch, it's purely for the newbs who haven't yet caught onto the Star Trek Phenomena.

As usual you have to write for them instead of entertaining the oldies with any relevant story lines.  The Young tend to go with expensive hype then ever before and this franchise will make money for the bankers quite easily.
The only Trek I haven't seen is the latest movie and much of DS9.

I'm not saying this is the "best" Trek, but it's far better than DS9 and arguably better than the rebooted movies (and no, I don't blame Abrams, he gave the studio what THEY wanted).
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 30 October 2017, 21:05:32 »

The only Trek I haven't seen is the latest movie and much of DS9.

I'm not saying this is the "best" Trek, but it's far better than DS9 and arguably better than the rebooted movies (and no, I don't blame Abrams, he gave the studio what THEY wanted).

DS9 Gets good.. it's not good in the beginning...

But I don't see this discovery ever getting good..  How could it at 8 million an episode.. it doesn't have enough episodes to get good..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 06 November 2017, 10:42:48 »
sigh.... Episode 8

Trek is better than No-Trek

That's as much as can be said about Startrek Discovery ...

Maybe they spent $2 million per episode from 3-8,  and then 72-12-16,  $44 million on episode 9, so episode 9 would be EPIC ?

baaggh.. that's probably not how it is..  but fingers crossed.