Author Topic: [GB](Closed) 1.8mm LEDs & SIP Sockets  (Read 79343 times)

Offline malcomkern

Re: [GB](Closed) 1.8mm LEDs & SIP Sockets
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 15:54:25 »
Any update on the sorting? Good or bad, like to hear from you  :thumb:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 15:56:54 »
In one of his other threads sethk_ suggested emailing him if you need to contact him, he's busy with other stuff.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 22:04:15 »
Some orders will be going out this week.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #203 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 22:05:08 »

Yeeeeeeee :D
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline E3E

« Reply #204 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 22:12:18 »

Sounds good! Though these LEDs will probably strictly be for assembly services now, since I'm kind of jumped ship away from MX.

The Octagon 2 might be the only MX board I get in the future. XP

Offline ika

« Reply #205 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 16:19:57 »
Does that mean sorting is complete? :O yay! don't forget to go through add-ons purchased later from your store, refunding shipping and all! I think I have two extra orders added on to the original GB order.

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 12:47:25 »
Too excited to get these. I'm gonna be in the middle of a move this month so my shipping address may be different depending on when these ship.
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline quochung1989

• Vintage Cherry Collector
  • Frenzy Classic.
« Reply #207 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 07:13:48 »

I'd like to hear this :thumb:

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #208 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 14:20:35 »
Just curious how many orders went out this week. I have a few builds I'm working on and I would like to know if these will be showing up soon, or if I should look to purchase some elsewhere for these existing projects.

Thanks.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline zarcanzo

« Reply #209 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 20:50:23 »
Wondering the same thing as above. Waiting on SIP sockets for two builds now.

Any updates on what went out, and what is going out?

Offline geo462rge

« Reply #210 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 12:31:16 »
Hey, not trying to start a witch hunt or anything, just actually curious.  I can wait for mine for a little bit as im not ready for them and have to wait for some other parts as well. 

Has anyone gotten their package yet?  Can someone confirm that they received something?

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #211 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 09:27:45 »
It has been two weeks since I last posted asking for an update. Not only have I posted in this thread, I have emailed and sent a PM, but I haven't heard anything back. I've also offered to help sort. I'm not saying everything has to ship at once, I wouldn't even expect that to be the case, but I'm getting concerned that nothing is shipping at all.

Offline E3E

« Reply #212 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 09:31:49 »
It has been two weeks since I last posted asking for an update. Not only have I posted in this thread, I have emailed and sent a PM, but I haven't heard anything back. I've also offered to help sort. I'm not saying everything has to ship at once, I wouldn't even expect that to be the case, but I'm getting concerned that nothing is shipping at all.

I've not chimed in at all about this for months, but I'm also starting to wonder. The money spent here could really go to other things right now.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #213 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 10:02:36 »
I already had lost hope that I'll see these LEDs anytime soon.

Offline yobinad

« Reply #214 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 11:21:41 »
On October 17th i've open claim with paypal
I did that because Sethk_ was always saying he had no time, while he was playing around on GH.

Right after opening the ticket with paypal he posted
Sorting is taking a lot longer than I thought. A member on GH offered to help me sort them, so I am sending him 1k of each to sort to start. I didn't account for 40k LEDs, and another 10k SIP sockets. My brother who was supposed to help me sort backed out on me. This also isn't my day job, I have school to go to, which comes before Geekhack, sorry.

After reading his post i messaged him trought paypal resolution center, saying that i want to be refunded.
He said that it wouldn't be possible to get refunded, and that he would send my order as soon as possible. He also asked me to cancel the paypal claim, wich i didn't.

One week later he said that  my order was sent, but he couldn't show me the receipt due internet connection problems. Again asked me to cancel paypal claim, wich i didn't. Here i began to suspect he was lying.

Another week later, he linked me the receipt image. Once again asked to cancel the paypal claim. The "receipt" was a printscreen with my name, address and date sent. Obviously that proofs nothing, and my suspicion grows.
Asked for a tracking number. He gave a number that was invalid. On that time i was sure that he lied to me, just to get the paypal claim canceled.
Told him to not bother sending my order.

On November 1st, tracking number showed "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS" with the date "November 1, 2015". I thought ,what a coincidence, just one day before paypal claim finishes.

On November 2nd, paypal refunded me.

The tracking number is still "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS"...

I really wish that you get your stuff

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #215 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 11:32:31 »
I did that because Sethk_ was always saying he had no time, while he was playing around on GH.

Sorting is taking a lot longer than I thought. A member on GH offered to help me sort them, so I am sending him 1k of each to sort to start. I didn't account for 40k LEDs, and another 10k SIP sockets. My brother who was supposed to help me sort backed out on me. This also isn't my day job, I have school to go to, which comes before Geekhack, sorry.

After reading his post i messaged him trought paypal resolution center, saying that i want to be refunded.
He said that it wouldn't be possible to get refunded, and that he would send my order as soon as possible. He also asked me to cancel the paypal claim, wich i didn't.

One week later he said that  my order was sent, but he couldn't show me the receipt due internet connection problems. Again asked me to cancel paypal claim, wich i didn't. Here i began to suspect he was lying.

Another week later, he linked me the receipt image. Once again asked to cancel the paypal claim. The "receipt" was a printscreen with my name, address and date sent. Obviously that proofs nothing, and my suspicion grows.
Asked for a tracking number. He gave a number that was invalid. On that time i was sure that he lied to me, just to get the paypal claim canceled.

On November 1st, tracking number showed "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS" with the date "November 1, 2015". I thought ,what a coincidence, just one day before paypal claim finishes.

This makes me very unhappy, but thank you for the information. I will consider taking similar action if there is not movement (real, tangible, provable movement) in the next few days.

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #216 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 12:01:15 »
I was the user that Seth mentioned was helping out with the sorting. Back in October he sent me a package with about 5k LEDs for 10 orders. I sorted it out and sent it back to him. So the LEDs do exist, but I don't know anything more than that.

Offline Grrizz

« Reply #217 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 12:12:14 »
I was the user that Seth mentioned was helping out with the sorting. Back in October he sent me a package with about 5k LEDs for 10 orders. I sorted it out and sent it back to him. So the LEDs do exist, but I don't know anything more than that.

Well at least that's good to hear, I saw the last couple of comments then saw another thread where he was talking about closing his store and it definitely made me raise an eyebrow... hopefully he'll stop in for an update soonish.

Offline E3E

« Reply #218 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 12:32:37 »

This makes me very unhappy, but thank you for the information. I will consider taking similar action if there is not movement (real, tangible, provable movement) in the next few days.

Likewise.

Offline Chankster

« Reply #219 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 12:35:41 »
I also started a Paypal dispute.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #220 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 12:58:53 »

You did the right thing. I forgot to open a claim with PayPal. It wasn't a huge amount, but I would open it because of the lack of work ethics shown.

One more failed GB to GH's gallery. Such a shame.

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #221 on: Fri, 20 November 2015, 13:25:08 »
Well crap, I'm trying to be patient but the lack of updates is discerning. I'm moving this week and would need to change my address if these ever do ship.  :'(
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #222 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 23:26:58 »
If the LEDs exist, perhaps someone else could offer to step in with shipping?

Seth would only need to make one big shipment to that person, even if the LEDs are not sorted.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ika

« Reply #223 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 23:40:05 »
How many people offered to proxy sort? Just rpeterclark? I'd be shocked if only one person offered.

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #224 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 23:41:38 »
How many people offered to proxy sort? Just rpeterclark? I'd be shocked if only one person offered.
I also offered to help sort and ship.

Offline E3E

« Reply #225 on: Sat, 21 November 2015, 23:57:23 »
Yeah, I was fine with waiting, especially since I could really use the LEDs for a future build with the Octagon v2, however... If it's NEVER going to happen and Seth isn't stepping in to be helpful and give us an update, then I'm kind of leaning toward opening a claim.

Seth, I hate to screw you over by taking money you possibly don't have anymore, but this is taking a while and I don't see anything being done to reassure anyone.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #226 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 16:58:00 »
I thought that purchase protection was due, but that wasn't the case. Dispute opened on PayPal and I think everybody should do the same.

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #227 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 20:01:52 »
Just emailed Seth and this is our conversation.

Offline potatowire

« Reply #228 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 20:12:55 »

Show Image

Ain't this hobby fun?

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #229 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 20:19:10 »

Show Image

Ain't this hobby fun?

Seth didn't mean any harm. It's s shame he just got in over his head. Having to count 40k LEDs and 10k Sip Sockets is ridiculous, especially when it's your hobby and not your job.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline E3E

« Reply #230 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 20:22:19 »

Show Image

Ain't this hobby fun?

Seth didn't mean any harm. It's s shame he just got in over his head. Having to count 40k LEDs and 10k Sip Sockets is ridiculous, especially when it's your hobby and not your job.

Yeah, I suppose some just got fed up with the long wait and lack of correspondence. I honestly think the radio silence and disregard for keeping up with this thread is why many people jumped onto claims.

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #231 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 20:25:53 »

Show Image

I understand this is a difficult situation,  and I'm not trying to make it worse, but he can't check the thread because he only has his phone, yet he can respond to the email? That doesn't seem right to me. Who has a phone that can get email, but can't browse the web? I think these are the things that make people question what is going on.

For the record, I don't think he intended to have this happen. I think things just kinda got away from him.

Offline wilarseny

« Reply #232 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 02:22:10 »

Show Image

Ain't this hobby fun?

I definitely get this response and am at least partially sympathetic - hell, I don't want to sort 50k little bits of plastic either. But what I also kinda don't understand in this is, like - I know that I don't want to do this, so I don't run a GB. Part of entrusting collectively thousands of dollars to someone in one of these is, to me, an expectation that they'll prioritize this stuff while it's running, and/or build in enough overage in the cost to make the dirty work worth their time. Personally I didn't investigate this one as much as other GBs since my order was like $15 total - not a big deal if it just vanishes into the ether (or shows up two years later). But it rubs me a bit the wrong way when we excuse run-ons in GBs with "it's just their hobby" logic - yea, sure, but a lot of people engage in this hobby without promising X amount of their future time by running one of these.

:shrug: Doesn't much matter either way. Just my 2c.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #233 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 03:16:13 »

Show Image

I understand this is a difficult situation,  and I'm not trying to make it worse, but he can't check the thread because he only has his phone, yet he can respond to the email? That doesn't seem right to me. Who has a phone that can get email, but can't browse the web? I think these are the things that make people question what is going on.

For the record, I don't think he intended to have this happen. I think things just kinda got away from him.

Have you ever tried to browse GH on a mobile phone?

I have - it's horrendous!

And Tapatalk is a piece of crap these days.  A tablet would be workable, but a desktop computer is best.

Email on the other hand has a simple but fairly workable client, at least on my mobile device.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #234 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 06:42:29 »
Have you ever tried to browse GH on a mobile phone?

I have - it's horrendous!

And Tapatalk is a piece of crap these days.  A tablet would be workable, but a desktop computer is best.

Email on the other hand has a simple but fairly workable client, at least on my mobile device.
Yes, I browse gh on my mobile phone all the time. Perhaps even a majority of the time. Every post I've made for the last two days, including this one has been done from my mobile. Not Tapatalk either. I use Tapatalk for notifications, but not for posting.

If I was responsible for running a gb, I'd make damn sure I handled the minor inconvenience of mobile browsing to quiet the growing concern over something I'm responsible for.

I know not everything is as black and white as it sometimes seems. In this instance though, I'm just not sure how long to give someone the benifit of the doubt when there are so many warning signs.

Offline potatowire

« Reply #235 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 12:58:03 »

Show Image

Ain't this hobby fun?

I definitely get this response and am at least partially sympathetic - hell, I don't want to sort 50k little bits of plastic either. But what I also kinda don't understand in this is, like - I know that I don't want to do this, so I don't run a GB. Part of entrusting collectively thousands of dollars to someone in one of these is, to me, an expectation that they'll prioritize this stuff while it's running, and/or build in enough overage in the cost to make the dirty work worth their time. Personally I didn't investigate this one as much as other GBs since my order was like $15 total - not a big deal if it just vanishes into the ether (or shows up two years later). But it rubs me a bit the wrong way when we excuse run-ons in GBs with "it's just their hobby" logic - yea, sure, but a lot of people engage in this hobby without promising X amount of their future time by running one of these.

:shrug: Doesn't much matter either way. Just my 2c.

I'm not mad here, but this is the only one the many hobbies I have where I periodically pay someone a modest to large sum of money to maybe someday send me something.

If I was responsible for running a gb, I'd make damn sure I handled the minor inconvenience of mobile browsing to quiet the growing concern over something I'm responsible for.

I don't like the silence. I don't mind waiting when I know the organizer isn't so overwhelmed that they just quit (I am naïve and just ignore the possibility of an outright scam).

But it rubs me a bit the wrong way when we excuse run-ons in GBs with "it's just their hobby" logic - yea, sure, but a lot of people engage in this hobby without promising X amount of their future time by running one of these.

Agreed. Plus, in this case, Seth has a vendor subforum, so it seems like it is a business for him. That made me trust this GB implicitly.

Parting shot: I think there should be a probationary GB period, during which the number of participants or the total quantity of items ordered (like in this case) should be limited until a track record has been established.

I love this community, and I just don't want to see the GB trust degrade so much that the only game in town is Massdrop and the bigger vendors.

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #236 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 13:10:53 »

I don't like the silence. I don't mind waiting when I know the organizer isn't so overwhelmed that they just quit (I am naïve and just ignore the possibility of an outright scam).

For the record, I don't believe that this was a scam. I think Seth set out with the absolute best of intentions in regards to getting things sorted and shipped as quickly as he could.  I've been part of group buys that go a long time. I don't expect anything to be shipped out in the original time frame quoted. But doing nothing while ignoring people who want to help, and in at least one instance flat out lying to someone makes my patience quickly dwindle.

FWIW, I put in a dispute with PP. I did that not because of the length of time this was taking, but because of the way the situation is being handled.

Offline E3E

« Reply #237 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 13:33:07 »

For the record, I don't believe that this was a scam. I think Seth set out with the absolute best of intentions in regards to getting things sorted and shipped as quickly as he could.  I've been part of group buys that go a long time. I don't expect anything to be shipped out in the original time frame quoted. But doing nothing while ignoring people who want to help, and in at least one instance flat out lying to someone makes my patience quickly dwindle.

FWIW, I put in a dispute with PP. I did that not because of the length of time this was taking, but because of the way the situation is being handled.

Likewise on all accounts. Seth seems like a good guy and I never had any ill will, but I do feel like the lack of effort in trying to keep us all aware and show that he is indeed working on everything is really pretty unacceptable. :-\

And yeah, I've used my small Samsung Dart (I know, I know) ancient phone to post on GeekHack and respond to customers requesting assembly service when I had no other alternative, so really... There's just a lack of effort here that I feel is voluntary.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 November 2015, 13:34:46 by E3E »

Offline wilarseny

« Reply #238 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 15:14:08 »
Parting shot: I think there should be a probationary GB period, during which the number of participants or the total quantity of items ordered (like in this case) should be limited until a track record has been established.

I love this community, and I just don't want to see the GB trust degrade so much that the only game in town is Massdrop and the bigger vendors.

Fully agreed here. I'm also not really mad, but I definitely feel some of what E3E is saying - it seems like "I ****ed up and am making excuses to avoid posting about it" more than "I just absolutely have no time and can't do it."

Offline ika

« Reply #239 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 15:33:17 »
Part of the problem is that he estimated that he would have them out before mid-September. When he missed his target he made another target date, which was then missed again, and then Seth went MIA here. I made plans involving several other people with the expectation that I would have these LEDs and sockets before the end of September. Obviously that didn't happen, so I had to scramble to fix the problem (and I did). I suppose seth forgot the cardinal rule of dealing with customers, and people in general - always underpromise and over-deliver, never the other way around.

Offline AKmalamute

• HHKB Scrub
« Reply #240 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 17:02:58 »
FWIW I've filed a dispute w/PP.
Granted, and I said this in the note to him, if the LEDs exist -- just send them! It's why we all piled into this boat in the first place.

And I personally only have about $20 invested but this is one of those cases where the principle of the thing requires a response.

I've run a group buy, folks. It takes a while. If you think you might be the type to get too bored to finish ... talk someone else into running the GB.

HHKB-lite2, Dvorak user

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #241 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 17:23:18 »
FWIW I've filed a dispute w/PP.
Granted, and I said this in the note to him, if the LEDs exist -- just send them! It's why we all piled into this boat in the first place.

And I personally only have about $20 invested but this is one of those cases where the principle of the thing requires a response.

I've run a group buy, folks. It takes a while. If you think you might be the type to get too bored to finish ... talk someone else into running the GB.

If it means anything to you, I sorted your order, the LEDs anyway. They do exist. I don't know why they haven't been forwarded along.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #242 on: Fri, 27 November 2015, 10:41:24 »
Filled paypal dispute aswell, I used to chat him up daily on Skype, he's now ignoring me with more than 400$ worth of stuff to ship me.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #243 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 07:20:19 »
....he seems to have had a very nice time in Paris
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline E3E

« Reply #244 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 07:22:04 »
....he seems to have had a very nice time in Paris

Lol wtf.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #245 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 07:59:48 »
his time in paris was way earlier this year.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 08:05:41 »
his time in paris was way earlier this year.

But it does look like he's been busy building boards with Zealios and still hasn't given updates on this thread (or answered on Paypal)  :confused:

Offline Grrizz

« Reply #247 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 11:52:06 »
For anyone who missed it: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=77470.0

It would be nice if he dropped in on his open threads and updated people, even better if there were regular updates even if it were just to inform people of delays, especially when you know people are getting anxious. Everyone is a lot more understanding when they at least know WTF is going on (lying about shipping stuff isn't a good look either ;)).
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 December 2015, 11:58:24 by Grrizz »

Offline inanis

• * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #248 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 12:39:40 »
Yeah, in that thread he said:

So, this is my game plan for who knows how long, until I can completely sort everything out. I am going to ship/finish everyones products I still have, and finish boards. I also have some stuff worked out for the LEDs / SIPs. Only after do I sort everything out will I feel comfortable talking on here again.

The trouble is that is super vague. My PP claim expires on Dec 11th, and if I let it expire I can't reopen it. I will wait until the 10th to escalate it, but I won't just let it expire without getting the stuff. I'm not sure if he will sort it out by then, but I really hope he does. I'd rather not turn it into a dispute. I actually said I'd be fine with a refund as well, so that would work too.

Offline E3E

« Reply #249 on: Tue, 01 December 2015, 16:01:41 »
Yeah, in that thread he said:

So, this is my game plan for who knows how long, until I can completely sort everything out. I am going to ship/finish everyones products I still have, and finish boards. I also have some stuff worked out for the LEDs / SIPs. Only after do I sort everything out will I feel comfortable talking on here again.

The trouble is that is super vague. My PP claim expires on Dec 11th, and if I let it expire I can't reopen it. I will wait until the 10th to escalate it, but I won't just let it expire without getting the stuff. I'm not sure if he will sort it out by then, but I really hope he does. I'd rather not turn it into a dispute. I actually said I'd be fine with a refund as well, so that would work too.

Though I know that disputes and claims are not good for a paypal account's longevity, if it comes down to PayPal forcing a refund and Seth still sends the LEDs to everyone, including those that have filed claims and have gotten refunded (as he's previously mentioned)... Then I'll send the money back to him when the LEDs come around.