Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 766733 times)

Offline eddible

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #1800 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 16:22:35 »
You may have been spoilt a little by QMK. Bootmapperclient is great in terms of ease of use but it’s far less powerful than QMK.

What are the extra function missing in bootmapper?
I maybe wrong but a lot of the special function keys you can do in QMK aren’t in bootmapper, like tap/hold differences etc.

Offline dr_derivative

• Not a real doctor
« Reply #1801 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 16:34:24 »
There is a port of QMK to ps2avrGB boards here. I haven't tried it so I'm not sure how well it works, but I hope to be able to use it on my Exent.
GH/Reddit/DT: dr_derivative | Discord: dr_derivative#3618 | IG: dr_derivative_mk
MK Ireland Discord: https://discord.gg/2KdxJzR

Offline Traveler

« Reply #1802 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 17:13:47 »
There is a port of QMK to ps2avrGB boards here. I haven't tried it so I'm not sure how well it works, but I hope to be able to use it on my Exent.

Whoa, nice. I bought a spare PCB, so I might take a look at that.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #1803 on: Tue, 19 December 2017, 19:26:10 »
How's the status of the premium kits and alu bottoms? Have the bottoms finished anodizing yet? :)
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #1804 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 02:33:50 »
How's the status of the premium kits and alu bottoms? Have the bottoms finished anodizing yet? :)

I don't think so, I imagine they will tell us when they have.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #1805 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 03:32:14 »
Hmm weird its a week delayed from the estimates.

Well as long as they get it right i guess its fine.

Offline eddible

« Reply #1806 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 03:46:37 »
Has anyone with a premium kit had their tracking at all? Just wondering if they had started shipping as planned or not.

Offline kacase

• All things bright and beautiful.
    • 9di
« Reply #1807 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 03:51:27 »
Has anyone with a premium kit had their tracking at all? Just wondering if they had started shipping as planned or not.

I assume they haven’t due to the additional work resulting from the cracked bottoms and dark gray reanodization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Orion V2 | Rama M65-A | Rama M67-A aka. Exent | Keycool TKL | Cherry MX Board 3.0

Offline eddible

« Reply #1808 on: Wed, 20 December 2017, 03:53:40 »

I assume they haven’t due to the additional work resulting from the cracked bottoms and dark gray reanodization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just realised the update on the first page was from 7th December so you’re probably right. I thought it was more recent than that.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #1809 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 09:12:04 »
Finally received my pink Exent in the mail. Cracked bottom, blotchy anodizing and missing the screw-in stabilizers I ordered. However, only one PCB LED needs some minor reflowing, so I guess that's a small win. I filled out the form for the cracks and sent a PM re: everything else.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1810 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 12:00:21 »
Finally received my pink Exent in the mail. Cracked bottom, blotchy anodizing and missing the screw-in stabilizers I ordered. However, only one PCB LED needs some minor reflowing, so I guess that's a small win. I filled out the form for the cracks and sent a PM re: everything else.

*rollseyes* Sigh....

Could you post a picture of the blotchy anodizing? I'm curious what it looks like.

I thought I was missing stabilizers but realized I didn't order the premium kit, funny that the guys who did get the premium kit are in the same boat.  :rolleyes:

Offline Traveler

« Reply #1811 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 12:08:27 »

You're the second person in this thread with missing stabilizers. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a common thing. I ordered two sets of stabilizers; it'd suck if I got neither. The blotchy anodizing sounds pretty disappointing too.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #1812 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 12:12:04 »
Trust me, I'm gonna be avoiding getting involved with this community in any way in the future, to the delight of all of you I'm certain.

It's a Christmas miracle.

Between the way I've seen you act in this thread AND in the F62 thread, you're doing everyone a favor really.

Offline Data

« Reply #1813 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 12:36:22 »
Trust me, I'm gonna be avoiding getting involved with this community in any way in the future, to the delight of all of you I'm certain.

Between the way I've seen you act in this thread AND in the F62 thread, you're doing everyone a favor really.
Man, can't you just enjoy it quietly?  No need to further poke the hornets' nest.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #1814 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 12:41:51 »

Man, can't you just enjoy it quietly?  No need to further poke the hornets' nest.

Not only can you see that I've already posted, you quoted it for posterity.

Excellent.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #1815 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 13:13:56 »

Why would you dig out a week-old post just to bring this **** up again? He hasn't ranted much recently, just leave it instead of trying to fan the flame. I would much rather see relevant posts about the current progress/problem resolution rather than go though this completely irrelevant stuff again.

He's got his grievances, and has made it known. Now it seems like you're just trying to stir up some drama.

Back on topic, I'd quite like to see some photos of this blotchy Pink board, just to get a reference for how severe it is.
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #1816 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 13:19:44 »
Blotchy anodizing?
The cracks seem like a hidden option of this GB.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1817 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 13:38:35 »

Was yours shipped assembled? Or since they changed packaging?

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1818 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 14:06:57 »

You're the second person in this thread with missing stabilizers. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a common thing. I ordered two sets of stabilizers; it'd suck if I got neither. The blotchy anodizing sounds pretty disappointing too.

Not to fan the flame, but Juahenza, Cody, and Yuktsi have refused to answer either of my PMs on the topic. I'm only asking for confirmation that they will send the stabs or an actual cost refund. No punitive damages here.

Yuktsi has been online and posting, so it's kind of worrying TBH. The radio silence every time anything goes wrong makes my blood boil.

Offline fuzzbomb

« Reply #1819 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 14:33:05 »
This just keeps getting better.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #1820 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 16:49:02 »

Was yours shipped assembled? Or since they changed packaging?

Assembled

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #1821 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 16:51:10 »
Mind posting pics of the blotchy anodizing?

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #1822 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 16:56:28 »

*rollseyes* Sigh....

Could you post a picture of the blotchy anodizing? I'm curious what it looks like.

I thought I was missing stabilizers but realized I didn't order the premium kit, funny that the guys who did get the premium kit are in the same boat.  :rolleyes:

Here’s an album of the cracked bottom plus anodizing issues:

https://imgur.com/a/UWNVS

It’s hard to capture in pictures because it just looks like the light reflecting off the board. But in person, you can better see the inconsistencies in the color - darker and lighter patches, as well as spots that look like fingerprint marks on the board. I wiped it clean and it still looks the same.

It’s likely not bad enough to warrant a full replacement but it definitely makes the board look less impressive. I’ll likely end up having to get it re-anodized at some point. The annoying part is that the anodizing on the bottom side is flawless.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #1823 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 17:01:37 »
Damn, that is noticeable. You would think that in the second to the last photo its just light reflecting off the bezel but i can see the exact same shape on the last photo.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1824 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 17:02:07 »

*rollseyes* Sigh....

It’s hard to capture in pictures because it just looks like the light reflecting off the board. But in person, you can better see the inconsistencies in the color - darker and lighter patches, as well as spots that look like fingerprint marks on the board. I wiped it clean and it still looks the same.

It’s likely not bad enough to warrant a full replacement but it definitely makes the board look less impressive. I’ll likely end up having to get it re-anodized at some point. The annoying part is that the anodizing on the bottom side is flawless.

****ing cracked bottoms for real...Juahenza has his work cut out for him. I still personally think that getting them replaced should be first or, at worst, second priority right now (seeing as re-anodizing is already in progress).

Yeah anodizing looks iffy, probably more noticeable in person.
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 December 2017, 17:04:25 by PancakeMSTR »

« Reply #1825 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 17:27:08 »

I think if it bugs you that it is worth requesting a replacement, I'm that the creators of this keyboard don't want you to be unhappy with it, and if you can ask them in a positive way they would be willing to find a solution for you if they are able.

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #1826 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 17:33:44 »
Welp, I'm starting to get worried about Aluminum bottoms' anodizing. But hopefully they will be fine since silver and black boards have been spectecular so far.

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #1827 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 18:10:32 »
Welp, I'm starting to get worried about Aluminum bottoms' anodizing. But hopefully they will be fine since silver and black boards have been spectecular so far.
black and silver are much easier to anodize.  especially silver since its just clear, nearly impossible to **** up

Offline Gettys

« Reply #1828 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 19:41:25 »
Any word on when grey with brass plates will ship?  From the last update they should have gone out, has anyone received any shipping update or anything?

Offline Gdubb90

« Reply #1829 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 20:05:56 »
Has anyone received a 100% issue-free board yet?
  ///    /// 

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #1830 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 21:24:48 »

*rollseyes* Sigh....

****ing cracked bottoms for real...Juahenza has his work cut out for him. I still personally think that getting them replaced should be first or, at worst, second priority right now (seeing as re-anodizing is already in progress).

Yeah anodizing looks iffy, probably more noticeable in person.

Yeah, like I said, it’s tough to capture in a photo. :-/

« Reply #1831 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 21:32:36 »
getting them replaced should be first or, at worst, second priority

I think it would make more sense to complete delivery first so they get total numbers on replacement parts needed.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1832 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 22:54:50 »
getting them replaced should be first or, at worst, second priority

I think it would make more sense to complete delivery first so they get total numbers on replacement parts needed.

Sigh...I'm legitimately not trying to start **** here, but I don't think that's strictly necessary.

But actually I don't think there's a point to even discussing why I think that - because I don't think we have enough information to make an informed judgement. I literally don't know if they have any "spare" bottoms, I don't know if they have any they could ship quickly from extra kits (and then get more bottoms machined for those taken from the extra kits), or if they simply have to get every replacement bottom machined and it's gonna be at least two months before we see our replacements.

So it sorta goes around full circle, back to "Could they talk to us please?"

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #1833 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 23:34:14 »
imho they should fulfill first. Why hold up people who won't have any problems in the buy? They also have storage problems, which they have mentioned before, so it would be beneficial for them to ship out first.

« Reply #1834 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 23:59:27 »
I can see where Pancake Master is coming from, if they have extras already on hand it would be possible to ship those as replacements in tandem with new boards going out before they even get to a point where they need to have more manufactured. From a project management perspective I can understand wanted to only handle one step at a time, especially if you need to redouble efforts on things that have come up like QC to address a large amount of complaints for issues that keep cropping up. But Pancake Master hit the nail on the head when he said we don't know what is happening behind the scenes. And for many people that reinforces that there needs to be more communication. I've never cared about communication in situations like this, but it absolutely would reduce the echo chamber effect we are struggling with in this thread and the anger and speculation that is fueling it.

Hopefully when everything is said and done we will all be happy with the final product, replacement parts and all.

Offline fuzzbomb

« Reply #1835 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 12:31:57 »
Has anyone with a premium kit gotten a shipping notice?

Offline Traveler

« Reply #1836 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 13:16:38 »
Has anyone with a premium kit gotten a shipping notice?

Not me. I was one of the unfortunate people who had PayPal issues though, so I don't know if I'll ever get a shipping notice. The shipping number on my invoice was used to ship me stickers instead, so Juahenza, Yuktsi, etc. will have to manually send me one for my order. Sounds like something that would be easy to forget.

Offline gutsack

« Reply #1837 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 13:55:19 »
No shipping notice on premium here either.

And not to pile on again, but the lack of communication from the GB runners at this point has become a farce. yuktsi is active nearly every day, juahenza hasn't signed in in a week but that was a week after the last update. It's not difficult to at least ping the thread with a current update on what's happening. This buy is an embarrassment for a bunch of reasons.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1838 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 14:18:31 »

And not to pile on again, but the lack of communication from the GB runners at this point has become a farce. yuktsi is active nearly every day, juahenza hasn't signed in in a week but that was a week after the last update. It's not difficult to at least ping the thread with a current update on what's happening. This buy is an embarrassment for a bunch of reasons.

Let's have some decency, though. Christmas time, NYE coming up, his latest update is fairly extensive so I'd say it still qualifies as current. I'd say expecting any relevant news through the next week is pretty unrealistic, we can go back to gauging each others' eyes out after that.

Offline gnarlsagan

• Billions and billions... of keycaps.
« Reply #1839 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 16:22:31 »

Let's have some decency, though. Christmas time, NYE coming up, his latest update is fairly extensive so I'd say it still qualifies as current. I'd say expecting any relevant news through the next week is pretty unrealistic, we can go back to gauging each others' eyes out after that.

Sounds like the most sensible approach to me as well. I would like a statement (whenever the next updates comes) about the pink anodization inconsistency though. That pink board posted earlier should not have been sent out like that imo.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #1840 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 18:54:51 »
At this point before the actual holidays set in all i'd actually want is for them to confirm the dates juahenza set on the updates section. Aside from that i'd be happy for them to relax for a bit during the holidays :)

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1841 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 19:42:09 »

Let's have some decency, though. There's nothing about this situation that prevented Juahenza, Yuktsi, or CodyWanks from replying to either of my messages about my missing stabilizers over the past two weeks. They've been active. They chose to not reply.

The shtick is getting worn out.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1842 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 20:05:02 »
Let's have some decency, though. There's nothing about this situation that prevented Juahenza, Yuktsi, or CodyWanks from replying to either of my messages about my missing stabilizers over the past two weeks. They've been active. They chose to not reply.

I mean no disrespect but I was not responding to you, hence the quote. Am I just missing how your personal experience in private (or lack thereof) with the GB runners is relevant to what I just said?

I never said your case should be dismissed, I find it very crass that they've been remiss of your problem and I do agree it should be solved with the utmost urgency. What I said has absolutely nothing to do with that however and furthermore, we don't have to be ****s towards them just because they've been ****s towards us. That's not how I was taught, at least.

I hope they have a good time with their family and dear ones over Christmas time. That doesn't disqualify me from also wanting them to get their **** together asap.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1843 on: Fri, 22 December 2017, 20:19:16 »

I mean no disrespect but I was not responding to you, hence the quote. Am I just missing how your personal experience in private (or lack thereof) with the GB runners is relevant to what I just said?

I never said your case should be dismissed, I find it very crass that they've been remiss of your problem and I do agree it should be solved with the utmost urgency. What I said has absolutely nothing to do with that however and furthermore, we don't have to be ****s towards them just because they've been ****s towards us. That's not how I was taught, at least.

I hope they have a good time with their family and dear ones over Christmas time. That doesn't disqualify me from also wanting them to get their **** together asap.

Your point, and I'm paraphrasing here, was that Cody provided an update recently so their comms should be considered up to date and we should let things go until the new year.

My point was that there are significant issues that they have chosen to not respond to for weeks and that while they have provided an update it's a selective one and shouldn't give them a pass.

Offline gumeraser

« Reply #1844 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 21:53:51 »
Fingers crossed for premium kits shipping before 2019. You can do it GB runners!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1845 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 04:23:03 »

I don’t entirely understand the need to white knight for them at this juncture.

Let’s not act like making a post on a forum every few days requires some sort of tremendous effort and time investment.

Let’s not forget, the only real updates we have didn’t come from anyone officially involved in this, AND were ~10 days ago.

This forum absolutely has a tendency to jump on people before it’s really fair or reasonable and I try and argue against it in those instances, but this is not one of those cases. They are literally just ignoring people.

they could literally send a like 1 paragraph update on where things stand and what is underway and what is waiting. They don’t have to have answers for everything, but at this point they don’t seem to have answers for anything. And the holiday argument doesn’t really hold up if you intentionally avoid providing an update up until the holiday and then say you are too busy. I mean, they could EVEN just acknowledge they are reading the forum but are too busy to respond, even that would be better than the silence.

Delays happen. I’d they came back tomorrow and said they had ordered replacement bottoms, but it will take 3 months to do it, that’s fine. There are limits to what they can do. People would be annoyed, but that’s a plan. They could also say they don’t have enough money for the parts, and lay out what options there are. Bad news might not be what people want to hear, but in reality you gotta actually deal with it and not just plug your ears and say fake news.

Their current behavior though, not posting updates and not responding to people is literally the worst possible thing they could do in their current circumstances.

It’s absolutely reasonable to expect an update by now, even if it doesn’t have a timeline. Is anything happening at all right now? Are they even still shipping orders? No one knows. Updates aren’t all that matters. People care about engagement.

« Reply #1846 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 04:26:50 »
It’s absolutely reasonable to expect an update by now, even if it doesn’t have a timeline. Is anything happening at all right now? Are they even still shipping orders? No one knows. Updates aren’t all that matters. People care about engagement.

I don't think any update at this point will be satisfactory enough for this thread's participants.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 December 2017, 04:29:40 by dead_pixel_design »

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #1847 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 04:39:00 »

I don't think any update at this point will be satisafcotry enough for this threads community.

For comparison though. With the Campine gb being run by Alex at Panc, I have received 5 update emails THIS MONTH (18 total update emails since 8/12, ie around 1 email per week on average). Each one with photos and a few paragraphs. Most aren't good news. Delays and such, but there is always an update and it's super clear he's absolutely RUNNING his gb, and not just waiting for it to finish itself. If I respond with a question, I hear back almost immediately.

The issue is they are hardly proving update and when they do they ignore half the issues entirely so no one REALLY knows if they are doing anything about it. If they have a plan and are waiting on something... tell us. If they are waiting for the rest of the cases to go out and confirm the bottoms all make it fine... TELL US. And then let us know where in that process we are.

ANY update is better than where we are at now. I don't even care what their plan is. What have they done the last 10 days? Anything? Has anything changed?

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #1848 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 04:57:48 »
Anyone got their tracking working?
I have a basic kit with grey top case, got the tracking 10 days ago and it's still not moving!
yuktsi said he was gonna looking into my tracking, and then went silence.
TBH, after months of delay and lack of response, I just wanna get the fk out of this mess!

« Reply #1849 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 05:10:35 »
ANY update is better than where we are at now. I don't even care what their plan is. What have they done the last 10 days? Anything? Has anything changed?

I think people are saying 'any update will do' but if we got an update like "hey guys, we are still working on shipping, hang tight" everyone will complain that their specific issue wasn't addressed, or that there isn't enough info etc. From their perspective, I can understand the radio silence.